Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

informative, upbeat, but takes a long time to progress and poor management break the shop.
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 8, 2018
Having great management with a supportive staff allows for an upbeat environment while poor management drives everyone out. Great products and ethics as a company. Innovate products that work!
Pros
samples, great employee discount
Cons
no benefits unless you're full time and becoming a full time employee takes years. low on hours.
Fun place to work
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 6, 2018
Overall Lush is an excellent company to work for
Management is horrible in ABQ, NM
Creates a hostile work environment
Management like to terminate and replace when they get tired
Management is typically at the root of drama in the store
Pros
Amazing company, exciting to meet new people and share the company’s values
Cons
Store manager
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter, DevonJuly 5, 2018
Working at LUSH had such a fun atmosphere, you forgot you were actually working there! Being able to demonstrate the products to and on the customers was a bonus.
Best Company
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  DubaiJuly 2, 2018
UK base company very good to work in good envirment everyone and for me it was best place to enhance my more skill in LUSH.and pleople are so amazing.thank you.
One of the worst jobs I've ever had
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 1, 2018
The managers don't care if you got bills to pay you'll only get 6 hours a week tops and paid $12 an hour. You have to be happy 24/7 and the customers are not normally the best ( sometimes you get a nice person.) If you want to feel horrible, do way too much to get paid nothing, and know that you'll never be worth anything to them then go for it. DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS JOB!
Pros
you smell like lush and you get 50% off all producs
Cons
the management is awful and it exhausting
Wonderful place to work
Senior Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BCJune 30, 2018
The staff are amazing and fun people to work with. Loved the energy of the place, Customers were both good and bad, management was a little unorganized and frustrating at times. I did feel stagnant and development was not happening. The company promotes moving up in the company but after three years this never happened to me and I was quite upset when a position above did open up and I would have to compete for it against someone who has not been there as long and have as much seniority. Overall one of the best jobs I've had and the reason I stayed for so long.
Pros
Environment, staff, energy, discount product
Cons
Less work life balance, unorganized, no development
Quick Paced, Toxic Environment
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 29, 2018
This has been the job I've excelled at and toiled away to make the shop successful, but have been worn down and disrespected along the way. Fast-paced and fun at first so it is easy to become disillusioned, stay and see that management truly seems not to care. Higher level employees look down upon sales staff and do not like to give benefits to employees. Availability agreement is an absolute joke. Made lifelong friendships along the way, but don't waste your time unless you're alright with sacrificing time with family, sanity, and your soul just to sell some soap.
Pros
discount
Cons
healthcare, management, no room for growth
Managment were unfair and had favourites
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West MidlandsJune 29, 2018
Always felt uncomfortable when working, staff would not let you fit in. Lush give this ethos of everybody is welcome bu management definitely have their favourites! I was studying at the time but this was never considered, I ended up really stressed working there it was horrible in the end. Always felt less than great by management, especially one as she always seemed to dislike me. I was never welcomed like others were e.g. never welcomed with a hug, or not spoken to at all compared to how others were treated, always ignored. May sound like it shouldn't bother anybody but at the end of the day you want to work for a company that you feel appreciated and at least liked by! The hardest part of the job was having to memories codes, I don't understand why they were never next to the till? This was at Christmas too so extra codes to remember. You had to sell3 things about a product! Most customers didn't care but you were always watched by others to see how you were doing, made me feel so uncomfortable. The most enjoyable bit was the 50% discount!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management had favourites
environnement de travail
Conseillère en vente (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 28, 2018
Tout le monde est très positif et agréable, toujours de bonne humeur, bien organisé, ambiance chaleureuse, les objectifs sont bien expliqués et donc plus faciles à atteindre.
Organized and energetic team with great management
Holiday Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAJune 27, 2018
A typical day at work would include a good rotation in stations such as cashier, floor leader, sales floor, runner, inventory room, and demonstrations of products. The management instructions were very clear and the floor system was well organized with a statistics board in which we gathered as a team to review and strategize our days sales goals. The managers trusted employees with all responsibilities and really allowed room for growth within the workplace. I would say the hardest part of the job would be organizing the stockroom, it was just so small. The most enjoyable part of the job was the energy and relationships, everyone always had a smile on their face and was so happy to be working together as a team.
great atmosphere and room to grow in the company
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 27, 2018
everyone is accepted.
they care about equity.
opportunity to grown in the company is highly likely.
management keeps the flow of things in check without being demanding.
they educate you about the history of the company.
great but bad head office
Supervisor, Trainer, Trainee Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VICJune 25, 2018
Great company to work for. Very ethical moral, and fun working environment until you reach management. Management is under paid and has high expectations as well as a completely unorganised head office. Overall I would recommend working at lush to anyone as you do fall in love with the culture and environment.
Manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Southeast regionJune 23, 2018
A fantastic company to work for. The typical retail stressors are present within the position, however the support, compensation, and extras are unparalleled.
mehhhh
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 23, 2018
fast pace environment
good training staff
over time opportunities, good hours
outgoing and helpful managment
sometimes free lunches
friendly co workers
Pros
lots of opportunity for advancement
Cons
stinks
amazing
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 21, 2018
the most fun and kind accepting place to work, excellent values and an amazing company. I love working a job where i truly believe in all the products and the ethics and values behind them
Loads of reasons why I like working at this job
Produciton Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole, DorsetJune 20, 2018
I worked in the Ballistics department. Digital department is slow and boring in comparison.

1. Working at Lush allows you to work independently. No stressing out because of poor communication with others.

2. GREAT STAFF and GREAT MANAGEMENT. Lots of female staff there as well. This is probably the best thing about Ballistics.

3. Unlike Digitial Ballistics has targets which are challenging to meet. This is why at Ballistics you find your job rewarding whereas at Digital you question what you're doing with your life.

4. Dress code: Wear what you want. Lots of people wore sports clothing, vests, shorts, etc. Radio played on speakers inside the warehouse.

5. Three breaks per shift and free hot drinks
Pros
Independence, great staff/management
Cons
Almost none except travelling there can be difficult
Fun and energetic workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  SwanseaJune 20, 2018
This job was never boring. Working in this place was very exciting and enjoyable and always lifted spirits. Management was kind in discussing shifts, and it was relatively easy to pick up extra hours also.
Buena
Empacadora (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 19, 2018
Sorry espanol bien no e trabajado en ella pero me dicen que es una compania estable
Pros
Lunes
Cons
Viernes
Fun but Pushy
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 19, 2018
The job was good for seasonal but I wouldn't want to work there for a long time, I personally didn't enjoy how pushy I had to be towards the customers. Even if the customer didn't need help I had to be talking to them, recommending products, informing, and when they would tell me they wanted to look around I had to be within five feet of them in case they had a question. This is just Lush's policy. Management was amazing, they really cared for you.
Very fun working there
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 19, 2018
I enjoyed working at lush because I've met a lot of people/workmates. We have our breaks together and they are happy to work with. Sometimes we are so busy because we need to finish our job on time, but in the end we are satisfied in the job that we did that day.
Pros
Free broken products
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2