Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Lovely place to work and lovely coworkers
Crew Member - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth, DorsetSeptember 16, 2017
I love the work environment and the people you work with. They make your safe fun and enjoyable; furthermore, the targets needed are easily to achieve. Able to ask any questions and get helpful answers and support.
Pros
Good pay, lovely atmosphere
Cons
Stood up all day, feet tend to ache
Amazing, inspiring place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ONSeptember 15, 2017
Exciting, passion filled work environment filled with lovely people. Worked during the earlier years of establishment with less structure, which made things challenging.
Fun, people-oriented company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONSeptember 15, 2017
Day to day was hectic and busy, every day brings a new challenge, love the products, less structured of a company, fun, slow culture, hardest part of the job is how much needed to be done day to day given the culture, playing with the products was the most fun!
Pros
Lots of travel
Cons
Lots of travel
Fun and creative
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 14, 2017
The training is incredible, you will never forget what you are taught. Great customers and great people to work with. I loved just having fun at work.
Positive & Interesting!
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  St AlbansSeptember 8, 2017
My experience at Lush was overwhelmingly positive. Even if someone wasn't in the shop, you're always learning or having interesting conversations with coworkers. It's a very demanding job, socially, but it's worth the hours and rewarding.
Pros
Rewarding, Interesting
Cons
Socially demanding
Great Energy
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 7, 2017
I would come and begin on the floor immediately after being checked in by a floor leader. I enjoyed learning product knowledge and using products regularly. The energy of the company and those working there made it enjoyable to come every day.
Pros
Energy, products, management
Cons
being seasonal and fighting others for a position
Lush sells greta products
Part-time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, GautengSeptember 7, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the work was learning about the products and the processes that go into creating a product.

A typical day would start off by cleaning up the shop before open, assisting customer with choosing appropriate products, or teaching the client about each product that they might be interested in.

I learnt a lot about organically farmed, fairly traded products, animal testing and how to keep customers interested enough to tell them about almost every product in the store.
Pros
You get to 30% discount on all products
Cons
The Manager was unpleasant
Fun place to work
Floor Leader/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCSeptember 6, 2017
LUSH is a really fun place to work. The company and staff are always warm and welcoming. Training took place throughout the year to keep staff up to date
Wonderful people and great ethics
Holiday sales associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 4, 2017
The work environment at Lush was supportive and uplifting. Everyone cared for each other and made to sure to help everyone succeed. The job could be difficult with so many customers coming in and out every day, but as long as you knew the products and had good conversational skills you would do fine. The management team was understanding and supportive. It helped me learn time management and how to work in fast-paced environments without getting overwhelmed.
Pros
Long lunch breaks and flexible hours
Cons
Stressful at times
Excellente expérience
Conseiller de vente (Former Employee) –  Lyon (69)September 4, 2017
J'ai travaillé 4 ans au sein de l'entreprise Lush.
Ce fut pour moi une réelle opportunité qui m'a permis de monter en compétence et d'évoluer professionnellement et d'un point de vue personnel. Travailler chez Lush c'est travailler dans un environnement agréable et dans une entreprise humaine. Je n'oublierai jamais cette marque qui m'a donné m'a enrichi en expériences et m'a donné l'envie et la motivation de continuer dans le management.
Pros
Environnement
Cons
Suivi des rapports managériaux mensuels
Fantastic company, feels like home
Senior Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 2, 2017
I went into the Lush experience basically blind. I didn't have any retail experience, and I wasn't super familiar with the brand. I can say with certainty that getting this job was the best thing for me.

The work itself isn't hard. It can be a tiny bit repetitive at times but its up to you to have fun with it and make each experience unique. I wouldn't recommend it for people who consider themselves to be "low energy" people. We spend a lot of time having fun with each each other and the customers.

The hours are alright, but the pay is really good. The management is usually pretty good with working around school schedules and when you need to take time off, they are accommodating.

The staff itself are full of empathetic people who genuinely care about their coworkers. This is a great place to work.
Pros
Pay is good, you can try the products and they work hard to make sure you understand the products
Cons
Hours are a little short, no benefits until you reach a certain level
Crazy high stress, unreasonable management.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 2, 2017
Extremely fast paced, high emphasis on extreme enthusiasm at all times and ability to do a thousand things at once. It's unbearably loud, you're forced to touch a thousand smelly things and their bright packaging and crowds overall lead to serious sensory overload.
Pros
The fifty percent discount is great.
Cons
Lots of emphasis on self care while punishing people who took sick days when genuinely ill.
Very enjoyable
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CA 91355August 30, 2017
A typical day at work is talking to customers about specific products that will benefit their needs. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with and the amazing customers I meet every day. The ethics behind the company is what makes me so proud to work for Lush.
Pros
My coworkers
Cons
I haven't been getting much hours.
Great Company and Brand Values
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAAugust 30, 2017
This company has done an amazing job growing from the ground up and sticking to their brand values along the way. Part of the reason people are drawn to Lush is for their brand values and how they align with their own personal code of ethics.
Fantastic place to work, but be wary
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 29, 2017
The culture of Lush is amazing and the products are fantastic as well. However, I would suggest this job to college students or people who don't have a lot of financial responsibilities. The wages are above state minimum but the hours are downright horrid. There is no opportunity to get better hours unless you move up in the company, and its incredibly hard to move forward in an established staff.
Area for improvment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  ManchesterAugust 29, 2017
I joined as a christmas temp and at first i enjoyed the job role but there was no strong lead management. The work moral was very low with little benefits, Managment could be better
fun and inviting workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  grafton streetAugust 27, 2017
a typical day consisted of talking to people nonstop helping out people instore
i learnt all about the products, sourcing, and ethics of lush. also more about skincare
the management was so lovely and are still extremely friendly to me to this day
the workplace culture was always fun and friendly
the hardest part of the day was the constant need to be speaking to people every mintue
the most enjoyable part of the job were the people and the products
Pros
fantastic, fun, welcoming and happy job
Fun Supportive Work Environment
Labour Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 25, 2017
Very open workplace, love new ideas and individualism. Supportive managers. Look after their employees and have great charitable causes. Really enjoyed working here.
Fun and educational place to work
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 24, 2017
Staff was very accepting and kind. Everyone smiled and was always given a helping hand when needed. It was like being apart of a tight knit family. Only stayed seasonal but was a great experience
Pros
Great smelling prodects
Cons
Too much products to remember in a short time
Fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, GlasgowAugust 24, 2017
I would love to work in a bookies and I would give it my 100% to work hard its a good place to keep your day going I love football and horse racingect

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2