Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,264 reviews
Skils
Floor leader/Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2018
At lush they hone your skill with not only knowledge oi the products and the ingredients they also teach out how to interact and sell to different personality types and make the experience for everyone unique and enjoyable.
A friendly, fun, and likeable place to work
Cashier / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Balzac, ABSeptember 12, 2018
Work days consisted on the main focus of providing our customers with the best customer experience we could offer. LUSH cosmetics believes that the best customer experience should be genuine, and everyone who comes into the store is, and always should be treated as a friend. All employees put their best face forward, as having a good day at work is almost inevitable when your coworkers are uplifting and kind. This builds trust and dedicated hard workers, creating an efficient work place for employees and customers. I believe more work places would flourish such as LUSH cosmetics does, if they held the same values for their employees and customers. I learned many things about products, the company's background, bettering myself in retail/ dealing with people, that helped me in the present and in certain ways for all other future careers. I was taught throughly about product knowledge from team members through the use of creativity and fun, this made me enjoy leaning and look forward to more. The company provided fair breaks accommodating to how ever many hours worked in a single shift. (Ex, 4 hour shift, min 15 break). I maintain and use practices learned from working at LUSH. I personally never had a bad experience working here, and still have many great relationships with people I met through the company and would recommend anyone to apply.
Pros
Generous breaks, regardless of long or short shifts
Cons
Na
I loved my job; just needed a bit more
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2018
The shop is always hopping; it's cheerful, colorful, upbeat music in the background, everyone's pretty happy, and there is always something to do. Everyday is crazy busy, especially on weekends and during the holidays but it's never too much.
Pros
Major discounts, fun atmosphere
Cons
Hard to move up
Holiday season is the best
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 12, 2018
Holiday season is the best time to work at Lush! you get a lot of hours and a lot of traffic. This makes for great customer interactions and a lively staff experience. During the regular season at Lush, in some shops, it can get pretty slow, which means less hours. It is easy to advance in the company, as long as the position is open and you are doing your best to strive for that position. Shifts can change quickly and call-ins happen often, so there may be more opportunities to make some more money
Pros
discount, paid vacation
Cons
redundancy
Ambiente lavorativo molto entusiasmante peccato la mal gestione
responsabile punto vendita (Current Employee) –  SvizzeraSeptember 12, 2018
Lavoro per questa azienda da qualche anno..
Il brand è molto bello,molto innovativo e molto originale!
È un ambiente stimolante e creativo che ti permette di essere te stesso.
Purtroppo però la gestione non è il massimo!
Contratti a ore,sottopagato e con pochissime garanzie!
Pros
Prodotto, ambiente stimolante
Cons
Gestione dall alto, contratti, salari
The best job on planet earth
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dolphin Quays,Poole.September 11, 2018
I worked in Customer Care in Lush's Head Office in Poole. Without a doubt the happiest job I have ever had. It felt like I was part of the family, indeed the CEO would pop in regularly to say "hi" and see how folks were doing.

These people care about each other and it shows. When you are happy you work hard, so it works both ways.

If you are lucky enough to get in, never leave.
Pros
They treat you with respect and care about each individual.
Cons
If you leave, you might not get back in again.
Excellent place for a Seasonal job
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2018
During the holidays, Lush will hire groups of temporary employees. It's perfect for students on winter break and needing extra cash, or for people that just want a fun environment to spend their time in.
Great Place to work but no advancement opportunities
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2018
Company has amazing values and treats their associates well. However, if you are a manager you're stuck. Company does not have means for much advancement.
Great place to work!
Senior Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 10, 2018
I loved every minute of working at Lush. Staff was always so friendly, store manager and MIT did a great job to ensure a comfortable work environment . Great training as well! Best training I have ever received from ANY company.
Pros
Pay, Bonus, Environment, Discounts
Fun place put unfair for peaple who work in stores
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  DubaiSeptember 9, 2018
Management has no communications skills to front lines and mostof store managers support there own peaple

No training programmes all benefits will have it the store manager
Cons
Short staff, stressful
Great company
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONSeptember 8, 2018
Great company with a great vision. The company is growing at a fast pace so there's a lot of transitions and opportunities inside. They have great benefits and pay for manufacturing and shipping jobs is above market averages. However, I believe pay for admin and technical roles is lagging behind.
Pros
charity events, seasonal parties, free lunch every now and then
Cons
still growing and in a transitional state so management is not yet stable
Productive and inviting workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester ArndaleSeptember 7, 2018
The whole job experience at Lush Cosmetics is so fun. The staff and workers are so lovely and make you feel like you fit right in. The work load is manageable and is easy to be completed. My experience of working there has taught and helped me to boost my organisational skills and has given me a lot more confidence about working independently, but still being able to rely on my co-workers if i am facing any difficulties in any of my tasks
Pros
Free Products
Cons
A lot of standing
Amazing work place
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 6, 2018
Very upbeat fast pace work. I worked with different people almost everyday so it was nice getting to know so many people. Making and packing bathbombs is hard work, but it pays off with free bathbombs!!
Pros
Free coffee and bathbombs
Cons
Smelly work place
One of my favorite jobs, ever
Floor Leader and In-Store trainer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 5, 2018
Lush is a fun, fast-paced sales jobs that challenges you where it matters and supplements you, when you need it most. The staff is incredibly warm and professional and management is interested in your development!!! I loved working for this company and enjoyed every day there, even when it would be busy and the shop was filled with customers - the element of education over just plain selling was what made all the difference for me!
Fun coworkers and products, but still retail
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 4, 2018
More demanding and strategic than a typical retail job, Lush provides more to do with actual daily goals and tasks. This is either refreshing or draining, depending on your mood, feelings on customers, etc. I made great friends working there, and the managers were awesome. In the end, it's still retail so if you lean introverted it can begin to lose its appeal. It's not commission-based, and there are great opportunities for bonuses around holidays (the entire store gets bonuses in the form of dollar amounts added retroactively to hours worked that month).
Fun!
TEMPORARY SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  LivingstonSeptember 4, 2018
Would defo be a seasonal worker there again. A lot of fun and the customer service training alone is so valuable for future employment! However if you're sensitive to strong smells this one might not be for you. Felt like by the end the scent of Sugar Fairy was coming out of my pores.
Pros
a lot of fun
Cons
temporary
Lovely
Sales Assistant and In-store Trainer (Current Employee) –  PeterboroughSeptember 3, 2018
Best place to work.
So much to learn and really helped me improve my people skills. So into the vibe and the culture of the workplace. Good campaigns and great salary
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby, DerbyshireSeptember 2, 2018
I worked at Lush as a Christmas temp a couple of years ago and it was a great job! It really built my confidence and made me more outgoing. The management were great, in fact all of my collegues were lovely and supportive. The only thing I would say is that sometimes they push a bit too hard for you to be constantly talking to customers and selling the products to them. I know that’s what shops are supposed to do and their customer service policy as a whole is amazing but especially around Christmas customers often just want you to leave them to it and they get annoyed at you if you try and help them. The shifts can also be quite tiring, 8 hours on your feet is tough. They give you great training about all the products though. Overall, they’re a great company to work for, I would recommend it as a gap year job and for people who want to build their confidence and communication and customer service skills! There is also a chance to progress, a lot of my collegues became core members after Christmas and some of them are now part of the management!
Pros
Great rate of pay, flexible hours, 50% discount, free pick of the stuff they can’t sell
Cons
Apart from what I said below, nothing!
Fun and a lot to learn
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 31, 2018
Generally fun environment, co-workers are great and helpful. You learn a lot about how natural things affect your skin and hair and it's really cool! The hardest part of the job, I would say, is getting used to managers popping into your sales and overwhelming you and your customer. The best part of the job is the relatively relaxed environment and the fun atmosphere. Plus, you come home smelling amazing!
Fun Job for an Ethical Company
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAAugust 29, 2018
Cleaning and conversation are the two things you are constantly doing. You learn a lot about skincare, ingredients, and environmental ethics. Great discounts, with a bonus at the end of every month.
Pros
Great company, discounts, no commission, collaborative bonus, fun atmosphere
Cons
No set schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2