Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Inspiring, fun place to work
Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTApril 25, 2018
Great place to work, my only real complaint was that complaints against store managers were not taken seriously enough, and store managers created the culture of the store.
Pros
Good discount, great coworkers
Cons
Management accountability
One of my favorite jobs ever!
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2018
Ugh out of all my jobs this will forever be my favorite job!! The customers , the products , the ethics behind the company!!! Yes there were times that were stressful but it was all worth it and I loved my 2 and a half years with lush and would totally go back!
Pros
Discount, products, team, everything
Cons
Not much
Decent job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 25, 2018
The inventory and products are fun to be around but the management is terrible, theyre very rude and pick favorites. They are also very pushy on their employees to push themselves onto customers even if the customers want to be left alone, which makes them leave the store. Hey LUSH how about you just let people shop? You know people only like you for your bath bombs, even then theyre so expensive.
Pros
Playing with inventory
Cons
Management, being pushed onto customers.
Great work environment. Truly cares about staff and customer experience
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAApril 24, 2018
Working for LUSH has been a incredible experience. If you work hard in this company, it will be rewarded. I learned everything from people skills, selling skills, to human resources, operations, scheduling, and performance management. The work culture encourages autonomy and individuality which I greatly appreciate. The hardest part of the job is that it is still a growing business so you have to be adaptable to change, which was never personally too difficult for me!

Loved this company and would recommend it!
Fun and Positive place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 24, 2018
More of a community of friends having fun than a job. While there's always work to be done, it's fun, the employees are friendly, and the management helpful.
Facilidad de promoción
Trainee Manager (Current Employee) –  MadridApril 24, 2018
Lush Cosmetics es una empresa en constante movimiento, promueve el trasladarse en función de las necesidades así como la promoción interna dentro de la empresa.
Pros
Facilidad de promoción y traslados
Supportive Management and Great Training
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  NottinghamshireApril 23, 2018
I worked at LUSH for 6 months after temping for them over the xmas period.
They took me on perm after the xmas period was up.
The staff are all very accepting and the management are the most supportive people i have ever experienced in retail.
They provide amazing, in-depth training and support their staff with this constantly.
They pay well for retail and they constantly give positive feedback.
All in all a lovely place to work.
Pros
Supportive staff
Cons
Not many hours avaliable
Super fun enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAApril 23, 2018
This is such a fun job you get paid to do nothing but play with different products and talk to customers. Its such a relaxed environment. But there is alot of requirmwnt for communication and feedback and if you can't handle that this is not the job for you.
Management Killed This Company
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 21, 2018
Higher management was not concerned with the well-being of anyone beneath the manager. Unreliable scheduling, empty promises on advancement, and a laundry list of legal violations.
Pros
discount, company ethics, employee culture
Cons
unreliable schedules, lack of benefits, lack of advancement, poor management
Fun workplace
Supervisor / In-store Trainer (Current Employee) –  KuwaitApril 21, 2018
I enjoyed working in lush for almost 3 yrs, i learned so many things that you can never learned in other workplace,i really enjoyed how we communicate with our lovely customers, by giving them a 5 star customer experience.Working with different kinds of people will help you to improve your self, by learning from every one.
Super fun
Assistant Manager/Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2018
When I worked at Lush, it was really fun and management ran their stores like our own little mini businesses. We were allowed and encourages to have dance parties and invite customers. The products were so much fun.
Pros
relaxed, aromatherapy, fun
Cons
retail, demanding hours
Fantastic
SEASONAL SALES AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 21, 2018
Great company, very flexible, accommodating, thorough training and positive constructive feedback. Upbeat enthusiastic and passionate co-workers that will always lift your spirit. A Sales job you can believe in.
not your typical retail
Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 21, 2018
Lush is very fulfilling in so many areas that a typical retail job could never be. Lush helps you keep on your toes. However, it can be a lot for those looking for just a "job" to make end meet. I really enjoyed my time at Lush but it was demanding and fulfilling at the same time.
friendly and helpful staffs and collegues
Purchasing Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSWApril 21, 2018
good working environment.
friendly staffs and colleagues
nice kitchen
ethical thinking
proper practice to staffs and awards and appreciations on a good job
Pros
good working culture
Cons
n/a
Happy People selling Happy Soap
Senior Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYApril 20, 2018
This isn't your standard retail job. We focused on the customer and hands on trying out the products by doing demos. The clientele is nice but does attract a lot of teens who do not want to spend their money. Some days are full of eager customers who want to buy the products and not a whole lot of effort on your part to sell. Other days are like pulling teeth to try and make the daily quotas.
Pros
great discount, fun atmosphere, non-discriminatory
Cons
retail, work weekends and holidays, mall clientele
Otimo
auxiliar de produção (Former Employee) –  Bom Jesus dos Perdões, SPApril 20, 2018
Empresa ótima em todos os aspectos, mas deveria ter horas extras !
Pros
Nenhum
Cons
Nenhum
Relaxed and inclusive workplace
Christmas Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  SheffieldApril 18, 2018
The company is a very enjoyable company to work for. The staff at all levels are passionate and dedicated. They support their staff in numerous ways, this includes in-store and external training. You learn not only about the products you are selling but about the ingredients contained in it and where and how it was sourced. Also, you learn about the effects certain ingredient has on the face and the body.
Pros
50% off products
Cons
Great place to work, management sucks
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIApril 18, 2018
Lush is a fun, great place to work. However, the way they train their management isn't super wonderful. They're not taught how to handle such a large staff and develop them.
Pros
Fun, discount
Cons
Lack of management, no area to advance
Fast-paced, high-energy, and First-hand retail sales
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 17, 2018
Love the company and requires a lot of passion for the products and ethics LUSH wants to teach people. Requires a lot of comfort with going up to customers and asking a lot of questions. Also would be very helpful to have a good memory and thirst for knowledge on new ingredients and fast problem solver. If you are from out of town it would be difficult to work there year-round since there are black-out days on holidays so you will not be able to go home to see family.
Pros
Occasional free broken or damaged products, Employee Discount
Cons
Not many bonuses and Little time off.
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  PooleApril 17, 2018
Funplace to work. The staff are all very welcoming and helpful. I learnt many new skills whilst working there. I highly recommend to anyone who is hoping to work in the cosmetics industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2