Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

I provided my feedback
Benefits Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 27, 2017
I provided my feedback to Lush Cosmetics during the employee feedback survey and don't think it's necessary to be forced to provide a written review by Indeed. The star system provides a good enough rating system without the needless character count minimum.
Pros
socially responsible, 50% product discount, great benefits (match canada mat leave for MITs and above based on seniority)
Cons
Lack of infrastructure/manager support. Often felt like I was on my own/ignored.
Great place
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 27, 2017
Very friendly environment to work in. It is always fun to interact with new people and show them the great things we have to offer. By far the best job I've had.
Pros
friendly people, discounts, great work place
Cons
at the time poor management
muy bien ambiente de trabajo
Asistente de producción (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth (UK)September 27, 2017
Increíble fábrica, ambiente de trabajo muy bueno, jefes extraordinarios
Very diverse staff personalities
Skin Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 26, 2017
Working for Lush was a fun and positive opportunity. The diverse- personality staff was awesome - the staff, as well as management, is very accepting. Pleasure to work there.
Pros
Discounts, free products, positivity
Cons
minimum wage
i love lush but this warehouse changed my mind
Packaging Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONSeptember 25, 2017
when you think of lush and its brand and company, you think they are fair to the employees etc.
but during my short time here doing packing during the seasonal period i was not happy to see what lush was really like.
they fired people on the spot cuz some of them were a little older (40 to 50) cuz " they couldn't keep up" but they were fine
the place is soo hot you will be sweating buckets.
some of the older staff are soo rude and stuck up, will talk down to you and make you temps clean up their work area and get on your knees under the fire stove to clean up their mess.

this is not a fun place to work.
Pros
mon to friday, early start and finish, free products
Cons
management, they over work you, way too hot.
Great place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 22, 2017
Great atmosphere of people with a vast knowledge of the products they are selling. Always encouraging growth among the employees and keeping the products fresh and innovative.
Entreprise vivante
Vendeur conseiller - Runner (Former Employee) –  Montpellier (34)September 22, 2017
Les produits, et les clients s'accordant, c'est un réel plaisir de travailler chez Lush. Un service client de qualité est apporté, et les clients en ont conscience.
LUSH loves there favorite workers
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTSeptember 20, 2017
Too much favoritism .Manager always had a attitude. Very rude to her workers but outstandingly nice to customers . I would never work there again! It was nothing but a headache.
Surprising atmosphere
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  SomersetSeptember 19, 2017
For a huge Lush fan i was really shocked by the managers attitudes to products and staff satisfaction. they come across really passionate on the shop floor but behind closed doors were much more capitalist and money hungry. perhaps my experience was so negative due to my naivety and age but i personally felt incredibly stressed the vast majority of my shifts as managers were very strict and not very flexible or understanding. this is the perfect job for you however if you have a keen interest in Lush or good experience in retail. the training is rigorous and unique, teaching you a quirky approach to sales.
Pros
discounts and fancy dress
Cons
a lot of information to learn, very quickly
It's more aromatherapy than real work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carmel-by-the-Sea, CASeptember 18, 2017
very fun job very cool to learn about all the products and ingredients and what they can naturally do for your hair/skin! it didn't feel like i was going to work it felt like i was going to relax and smell a bunch of stuff half the time.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
scheduling is whack unless yr a manager or ssa
productive fast paced
SALES AMBASSADOR (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 18, 2017
It is a fun place to work at I enjoy my team but it can be very difficult to move up. discount is great company has great values just pay isnt enough.
Good ethics, shame they don't treat staff the same!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, GlasgowSeptember 18, 2017
Terrible management, high targets daily! You have to force yourself on people who don't want to be bothered while shopping. You have no work/life balance! The pay is minimum. The staff discount is great though and very good training.
Pros
Good staff discount, good training, awesome colleagues
Cons
Long hours, terrible pay, horrid management, no work/life balance
Fun but management structure bad
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West SussexSeptember 18, 2017
Lush started as a fantastic place to work but slowly the company changed and became more interested in making money than looking after their staff.

Stores are often managed by very young people with little experience which makes it very difficult.

My colleagues were amazing though and made the job fun, and a lot of customers were returning ones - which meant you could build good relationships with them.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Bad management and support
Lovely place to work and lovely coworkers
Crew Member - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth, DorsetSeptember 16, 2017
I love the work environment and the people you work with. They make your safe fun and enjoyable; furthermore, the targets needed are easily to achieve. Able to ask any questions and get helpful answers and support.
Pros
Good pay, lovely atmosphere
Cons
Stood up all day, feet tend to ache
Amazing, inspiring place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ONSeptember 15, 2017
Exciting, passion filled work environment filled with lovely people. Worked during the earlier years of establishment with less structure, which made things challenging.
Fun, people-oriented company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONSeptember 15, 2017
Day to day was hectic and busy, every day brings a new challenge, love the products, less structured of a company, fun, slow culture, hardest part of the job is how much needed to be done day to day given the culture, playing with the products was the most fun!
Pros
Lots of travel
Cons
Lots of travel
Fun and creative
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 14, 2017
The training is incredible, you will never forget what you are taught. Great customers and great people to work with. I loved just having fun at work.
Positive & Interesting!
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  St AlbansSeptember 8, 2017
My experience at Lush was overwhelmingly positive. Even if someone wasn't in the shop, you're always learning or having interesting conversations with coworkers. It's a very demanding job, socially, but it's worth the hours and rewarding.
Pros
Rewarding, Interesting
Cons
Socially demanding
Great Energy
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 7, 2017
I would come and begin on the floor immediately after being checked in by a floor leader. I enjoyed learning product knowledge and using products regularly. The energy of the company and those working there made it enjoyable to come every day.
Pros
Energy, products, management
Cons
being seasonal and fighting others for a position
Lush sells greta products
Part-time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, GautengSeptember 7, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the work was learning about the products and the processes that go into creating a product.

A typical day would start off by cleaning up the shop before open, assisting customer with choosing appropriate products, or teaching the client about each product that they might be interested in.

I learnt a lot about organically farmed, fairly traded products, animal testing and how to keep customers interested enough to tell them about almost every product in the store.
Pros
You get to 30% discount on all products
Cons
The Manager was unpleasant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2