Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Racist
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street, Greater LondonJanuary 23, 2018
Racist company..beware. The put on an animal rights love all humans an kumbaya. However it is just that a front..They are practice systematic white supremacy. Even their products like ''black face'' tells you of their beliefs.
Pros
the customers
Cons
Managers are bullies and racist
Fun, Engaging, Exciting
Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2018
Lush is a fun and fast paced work environment. Expectations are high and work is not easy but it is rewarding. positive feedback makes you feel successful. behavior reviews are done in the moment in a friendly manner; management conducts 1 x 1 s usually every month to check in with employees personal and professional goals with in the company.
Fun and comfortable. Feels like family.
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 23, 2018
I absolutely loved working at Lush. I never dreaded coming into work, and even if I came in not feeling great the people I worked with always lifted my spirits. It’s always a big team effort and everyone works together for the benefit of all.
Pros
50% discount, good sized breaks, feels like a family.
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLJanuary 23, 2018
Organized and restock bath bombs and gifts in back room while also restocking the items in store.Also was responsible for restocking new shipment from storage room while also providing customer care known as a floor leader to new customers .
work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Poole, DorsetJanuary 23, 2018
I like the experience.
The staff was so friendly and the shifts are good as well .
The balistic operator staff should be paid more per hour.
I change the job because Im looking for appropiate work conected with my studies.
Pros
good ambient, friendly staff
Cons
unhealthy ambient
poor management
Seasonal Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJanuary 22, 2018
I am a huge fan of Lush products, which was why I wanted to work here in the first place. The best part was the 50% off store discount. The management, however, is lacking professionalism. it took me over a month for my first paycheck and I am still owed one more and its been over a month since my contract ended.
Pros
free bath bombs
Cons
on your feet all day
Great environment with lovely co-workers
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2018
Had an amazing time working for this company. They have very high standards for employees which helped me personally grow as a sales rep. Would love to work with this company again in the near future.
Management picky about employee behavior
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJanuary 22, 2018
Lush is very particular about the attitudes of their employees, they even highlight a specific energy level that the employee needs to have. When you don't work in that energy level, you become someone who needs to be coached by middle management. This makes the experience a little weird. Also, if you're not aggressive enough you won't make enough sales and will have trouble getting management to advance you within the company. Otherwise, it is a fun experience when you feel comfortable being yourself and are conversational with customers. Just be weary of management and use that 50% discount for all it's worth.
Pros
Efficacy, upbeat environment, discount
Cons
Must have specific energy, not always realistic
amazing people and environment
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 21, 2018
Lush is such an inclusive place to work and has amazing core values. typical days were fulled with selling and making recommendations. The hardest part would probably have been remembering product knowledge and what does what.
fun environment
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2018
good place to work at. management seem to care about their employees, you get to sample alot of the products, also there were TONS OF FREE COFFEE, which is great. Also, the hardest part was waking up in the morning at 7..
fun
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  WarringtonJanuary 20, 2018
well trained, and good at what they do. great company to work for cruelty free, good pay, they seem to care about employees. also doscount ob many great products
Overall a great experience!
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 20, 2018
Working at lush was a great experience, i just wish i would have gotten more hours. Its great environment to work in. It ranges between relaxed and fast paced!
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Low hours
overall
Sales Ambassador/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2018
My time with Lush has been amazing. I've learned about all the ingredients in the naked products and their properties that help with all of our natural blemishes. I did one on one consulting with a customer demoing the product on their hand. There was no hard part to this job. i loved the products and our discount of 50%.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
managment
Super Arbeitsklima
Produktionsassistentin (Former Employee) –  DüsseldorfJanuary 20, 2018
Meine Erfahrungen bei Lush waren sehr gut, abgesehen von anfänglichen Sicherheitsproblemen, die mit gemeinsamer Zusammenarbeit verbessert wurden, war die Arbeit dort eine super Erfahrung mit tollen Menschen.

Es ist ein junger, internationaler Betrieb mit jungem Management, der die deutschen Gesetze (wie z.B. Umweltgesetze) noch nicht genau kennt und deshalb einen, auf den ersten Blick, chaotischen Eindruck macht.

Für lange Zeit kann man nicht genug Geld zum Leben verdienen, dafür aber eine Menge über sich selbst und seine Eigenständigkeit, Flexibilität und Führungsqualitäten lernen.

Englisch zu sprechen stellt eine wichtigere Grundvoraussetzung dar als deutsch zu sprechen und auch Tschechisch, Polnisch und Spanisch sind von Vorteil.
Pros
Schichtarbeit (teilweise auch Nachtschicht) zur Weihnachtszeit
Cons
25% Nachtbonus
Fast paced and creative environment
Seasonal Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  50 JutlandJanuary 19, 2018
Everyday was something different and the team is very helpful with assisting new workers. Also flexible in terms of days off and previous priorities. Could get competitive at times but was encouraging to meet daily targets.
Pros
50% off lush products
Review
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2018
I absolutely loved lush ! They were amazing people. Management style was great. They were accommodating and accepting. Great place to work for retail and to get experience.
Positive Work Environment with Lovely Employees
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2018
I love my job at Lush! I find that it's a really positive work environment with a staff that is extremely supportive and open. I feel that there is great communication within the company as well as room to grow. Lush has a ton of really great brand values that has made me more aware of world issues and giving back which has affected my personal life in a positive way. Working at Lush, I've learned a lot about sales as well as natural ingredients and their effects on the skin/body/hair.

My only complaint really is that I don't get nearly enough hours. In the shop that I work in I'm pretty sure there are only 3 employees that are considered full time. But that being said the hours that I do get here are extremely enjoyable.
Pros
Employee Discount, Stays on top of shift breaks, Supportive Work Environment
Cons
Lack of Hours
Fun job, bad associate support
Train staff on product knowledge (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJanuary 18, 2018
Fun, cult culture job. Poor management support, and a lack of support for employees with issues with their management. Pay was great, and I learned a lot.
Fun and Cool place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Super fast paced and always busy, Everyone has a good attitude, well you have to working there. It was a great time and the discount is amazing. I would recommend my friends to work there but knowing the products helps a lot.
Pros
Discount.
Cons
Busy.
Life changing career
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 18, 2018
Working at Lush really opens your mind into bettering yourself and also helps in build yourself as a person and a part of your staff and society. From how many local and world donations lush does really inspires me and fills me with joy to speak about all the amazing handmade products they have to bring joy to others.
Pros
Amazing staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2