Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Incredibly fun atmosphere and colleagues
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  กรุงเทพมหานครOctober 16, 2017
I loved to work in the Lush Store because I loved to interact with customers. Because our store was in a big mall, I got to meet a people from all around the work, and it was amazing to hear more about people and then convince them to buy products that suited them. In that moment, I felt like the best friend of the people in the store. I loved organizing products, and bringing out the new collections. Lush was always a place that smelt amazing, and brought happy people. The management was good because we were always told our sales target for each day, and then we gave our end of day review in the end, this helped me recognize my aims and my flaws.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Loved the people, but strict management and very prescriptive roles
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COOctober 16, 2017
Very busy and stressful all the time. Expected to leave work more energized than when you came in so I would say this isn't the best environment for introverts. Sales interactions have become very prescriptive; managers talk about providing the Lush experience for customers but they are really just all about numbers like any other sales. Loved and love my co-workers, however. I've never been sad to leave a place of work like I feel leaving Lush, but it's become militaristic.
Pros
discounts, wonderful co-workers, fun products and activities
Cons
Poor management, prescriptive language and interactions with customers
Better paying retail work
Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 16, 2017
It is very hard to get full time with this company, but your base pay when you start is $10 an hour so weigh your options when applying. Lush is a very open and safe environment. If this is important to you, I recommend working here. They are also very ethical, fair-trade and work with grassroots charities. Expect to work nights, weekends and holidays. It has more forgiving pay and environment than most retail jobs, but it does still have a lot of the downsides of working retail.
Pros
Accrued PTO, accrued paid sick time, accepting and open environment, good hourly pay
Cons
Nepotism/favoritism, lack of career advancement, no healthcare, retail work hours (nights and weekends)
You fall in love with the product, and then it ends
Senior Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 14, 2017
You fall in love with the product, drink the kool-aid, then it becomes a stressful, cutthroat environment where you're pit against each other and compared side by side.
Great environment
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Des Peres, MOOctober 13, 2017
Everyone at Lush is awesome. They are the kindest, most empathetic, caring humans you will meet. My only issue was I didn't make enough to cover my bills but otherwise it was one of the best jobs I've ever had.
Pros
Huge discount, friendly and supportive team
Cons
Not enough hours to pay bills
In Store Trainer and Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 12, 2017
Great environment. Company actively encourages employees to be themselves and offers selling initiatives. Management was always courteous and excited to be on the sales floor.
Lovely People
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buford, GA 30519October 12, 2017
Super fun, worked during the holidays my employment was seasonal. The team dynamic was really friendly and they made sure you had a great time and was confident in sales and training. A great job if you have a passion for skin care and their products.
Pros
great team, discount, places to eat at mall
Cons
n/a
What you would expect from a low paying Retail Job
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  OxfordOctober 12, 2017
The products are lovely and we would get 50% off. The role itself was very low paying and we would be scheduled in very irregular shifts. Very often we would have a 3-hour shift in the morning, and another 3-hour shift in the afternoon, with a 3-hour break in the middle. The reason we were scheduled this way was so that we didn't get a paid lunch break. So in effect I would have to wander around the city centre for 3 hours waiting for my next shift as it was not worth going home during that time.
Fun while working
Senior Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXOctober 10, 2017
While its still work you get to try out products on customers to get the best products needed for their wants. Flexible hours and the last manager that I was able to work with was very easy and fun to work with.
Everyone who knows Lush wants to work for Lush...
Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  Nanuet, NYOctober 9, 2017
Fast paced depending on your location and what days. Overall I enjoyed this company even through the very difficult management. Mostly stay self motivated, know what you want to do in your position, don't slack, definitely do your role and have fun. The best part are the great customers and products and the way the company is presented and their good deeds. You may have trouble with management depending on your goals. You can make some life. May be a little difficult if you're trying to do something for a living. Apply for hiring positions if so. I've heard from HR it is easier to move up once you start at sales... but it depends on how much you know and who favors you.Tip: make yourself useful so they'll need you. Find what you're great at and own. Great for the environment. Learned so many transferable skills!!! Won't ever regret working for Lush.
Pros
holiday parties, training in the the city, mangers have meeting in different states or countries, half off for you, great skills to learn
Cons
pay depends on manger and their favor, hours can be scarce, only benefits if full time, hard to move up

Want to know more about Lush Cosmetics?

Ask a question
Amazing training and team support
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 7, 2017
This company cares about it's employees and sets them up for success! Great training and team support makes it a fun working environment. You feel valued and appreciated by your co workers and management. Feedback is given daily with an emphasis on encouraging growth both professional and personal. Team work is emphasized which leads to an environment of camaraderie and goal setting. Memorizing all the ingredients and their benefits can be overwhelming but you can always receive help from senior members of the staff. I have never felt such an inclusive working environment before and absolutely love working here!
Pros
Great discount, amazing co workers
Good Seasonal
SALESPERSON (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 7, 2017
The work environment is very product and sales oriented, managers are very uptight and want you to sell sell sell! sometimes you have to be fake and make these fake connections + bonds to just sell. Basically you get paid to be a good person. Too materialistic and money focused.
Pros
Free lush stuff, 50% off items
Cons
Bad work environment, Overly strict rules
A quality product and wonderful product line
In-store Brand and Product Trainer (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 6, 2017
A great products company with a quality appeal. The products are amazing and very well made and makes them appealing to the customer and to the employees
Pros
Best products
Cons
Opportunity for vacation days can be limited
Great place to work if you want to make an impact
Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 6, 2017
The values is what made me want to work for the company, the people and the product is why I stayed for three years. They want you to grow into something bigger. The company stands by what the sell and how the obtain those ingredients.
Awesome company to be a part of.
Visuals and Senior Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Topanga, CAOctober 5, 2017
This is unlike any other retail job. Training is extensive for the first months but then realizing what an awesome opportunity you have to make a persons day by interacting with them in a genuine way makes it worthwhile. The company is a big family and pushes the limits with awesome campaigns and ethical practices.
Pros
Paid Vacations
Cons
Not enough pay
Great Ethics, Questionable Management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, MerseysideOctober 3, 2017
During my time at Lush I have worked with some amazing managers however some people are given high up jobs based on their popularity rather than their ability.
Productive and fun
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater LondonOctober 2, 2017
Fun place to be
excellent staff discount
good work place culture, no discrimination, equal opportunities for all. hardest part of the job is having to learn all the products
Responsabilidad de equipo
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madrid, MadridOctober 1, 2017
Genial experiencia donde fui avanzando desde empleado a supervisor
Lush Cosmetics
SEASONAL SALES AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2017
Working for such a transparent company with amazing core values was such an enriching experience. You get to learn about all the ingredients and how they benefit you, you work with like-minded individuals who share the same values as Lush. Plus, you get a 50% off discount.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Not enough hours
GREAT company
Associate training and development (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 29, 2017
This is probably one of the best companies that you could work for. The company isn't the issue, it's once you get to the store level and the managers have a god complex that things get hairy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2