Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 31, 2018
My experience at Lush was one of the absolute best work environments I've ever had the pleasure to receive. They completely back their employees 100%, and strive to make the everyday work experience happy and fun.
Pros
Management is well taught
Cons
does not have a transfer program set up
Beautiful and amazing company that is, sadly, overshadowed by the management at the Charleston location.
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 31, 2018
I learned many wonderful things about the products and the company! But there is a lot of cattiness, that, unfortunately, takes away from how absolutely fantastic the company, truly, is. The Charleston location is an amazing spot for business, and even has room to grow! Internal issues, however, can halt such progress.
Pros
Amazing discount, great products, breaks
Cons
Drama, favoritism
Lush
Architect trainee (Former Employee) –  Brasil, são pauloJanuary 31, 2018
I had work in a company that made the architectural project to Lush, but what i could see is how amazing Lush company is. All the employments always looked very happy
fun workplace environment
Seasonal Sale Ambassador Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ONJanuary 31, 2018
workplace culture was different, but I believe I did try my best to blend in. The management was a bit unfair. I did see a lot of favouritism. The team member or co-workers were very nice and heloful to understand the items that was being sold.
productive and fun
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  DorsetJanuary 31, 2018
productive and fun place to work with amazing people and a good experience into production line of cosmetics. also with paid brakes and cheap lunches.
Pros
paid brakes
Cons
early starts
Luxury cosmetics brand, set in a mall retail environment.
Sales Ambassador/Seasonal Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 29, 2018
This position came with the same ups and downs of a typical retail position, but with the difference of having an elevated level of quality in the products. This required me to be very careful with my words, as well as knowing a vast amount of functional product knowledge.
Shop level culture is a joke!!
Shop Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  OregonJanuary 29, 2018
Management is not well rounded. Doesn't develop people who deserve development. Catty-ness and favoritism runs amok. People aren't valued for their work, but rather how close they are to one another.
Pros
Ethical business practices
Cons
Catty management who play favorites
Great discount, moral ethics
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 29, 2018
Loved the people I worked with but the shop manager was immature and unprofessional.
He complained about employees behind their back, and did this in front of other employees. Day to day was sell, sell sell. Money, money, money. This detracted from the values of the company. All customers say “jut looking” but you are not allowed to leave them alone. High pressure sales.
You have to have charisma
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 26, 2018
In order to do sales at LUSH, you have to have a certain kind of personality. If you can preform aggressive customer service and are and outgoing person, this job will be perfect for you. Plus the discount is 50% off!
Pros
benefits, bonuses, connections, and discount
Cons
a lot of talking (you have to drink lots of water)
Lush indeed!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  CardiffJanuary 26, 2018
Lovely staff, so many perks like discounts and testers, lessons (paid) on cosmetics etc, ethical, slight preassure to sell and talk to customers but nothing too scary!
Pros
free stuff
Cons
strict structure
Great atmosphere, cut-throat competition
Sales Ambassador // Social Media Team Member (Former Employee) –  Summerlin, NVJanuary 26, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Lush, but the competitiveness could sometimes deter my attention from really making sure that the customers got everything that they needed.
Sales Ambassador, (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 25, 2018
Great place to work! Love the manager and my coworkers! Everyone is nice and informative! love everything about it! There's a lot to memorize in terms of ingredients and their effects but it's worth it at the end.
Fast Pace
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 25, 2018
Everyone is so energetic and happy, extremely friendly, and works together as a team. My manager was extremely understanding and very involved with everyone at the shop.
Enjoyable Temporary Job
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  PooleJanuary 25, 2018
I worked here as a member of the Christmas staff so the job security was pretty low. That being said it was a good work environment and nice to be working with people who have similar ethics regarding the treatment of animals.
Its not for everyone
Floor Lead (Former Employee) –  Nanuet, NYJanuary 25, 2018
super competitive environment, managers didn't take responsibility when not in store, not wanting to deal with anything outside of the store just not the place for everyone
Pros
good people
Cons
bad management
Fun & energetic workplace
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 24, 2018
Customers are super friendly and team workers really do care about you! shifts can be long but all have a new message to learn and have fun while you're at it.
Pros
50% products
Cons
Constant monitoring even for bathroom breaks
Amazing
Senior Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJanuary 24, 2018
LUSH is an incredible company to work for. The colleagues, the training, the products and ability to moveup in the company are outstanding. One of the best jobs I have ever had.
Fun Environment, Not ideal conpensation
Seasonal Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 24, 2018
I had an incredible amount of fun workingg with LUSH. My managers and team were amazing. It was the firat job I actively looked forward to going to work.
That said, it was very much a second job. Compensation varies by city and location, but I made minimum wage where I lived which even working full time with a roommate would have made it impossible to make bills.
Pros
Discounts, Great environment
Cons
Compensation
Fun to work...in theory.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 23, 2018
I was so excited to work here, as a vegan and as someone who loves cosmetics I was over the moon when I landed a measly sales associate job at a lush location. My coworkers were fun to work with and they always giving tips and tricks on how to use the merchandise.
That being said, I was forced to lie all the time about the products to the point where anyone I was helping out wouldn't believe half the cra\p I was spewing out. The management was pretty sucky as well, we all had a hard time figuring out our schedules.
Pros
cute shop. nice workers.
Cons
mean management
Amazing fun workplace
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 23, 2018
Lush was my second job after McDonalds and Lush was literally heaven. The Crew is so nice, friendly and funny. Working there was my safe place. Lush spoiled the workers. 2 Christmas parties, Pizza lunches whenever we reach target which was every 2 weeks, a huge walk- in kitchen that provided a variety of milk for those who don't drink it, Coffee carafes, tea ,Coffee machines a Hot Chocolate machine, a vending machine that provides soup incase someone forgot their lunch etc. Best part is the two 30 minute breaks, as everyone gets off and on at the same time and the pay. $13.50/hr + bonuses it was great.Lush will forever be the best job I have ever had. I made friends from all over the world that are now my family. Different ethnicities, different orientations, different genders Lush had it all.
Pros
the pay is amazing, free lunches, Music while working, People are the nicest
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2