Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Unorganized Managment
Floor Leader, Clerk, Stock (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMay 17, 2018
Lush is a wonderful company to work for, my poor working experience is entirely based on improper management. Lush as a company offers many training opportunities, and counselling every three months where you and your management are supposed to review your career goals and milestones you need to reach to get there. They offer health care to those who are full time, and paid time off according to the hours you work.

I mostly worked in the lush store in Atlantic City, which closed shortly after I left. The store was not doing well because of lack of business, and the company did not instill proper management because they planned not to renew the rental contract and close the location.
Lush Cosmetics was a place of growth, opportunity and Advancement.
Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 16, 2018
While working for this company during college it challenged me to learn how to adapt from growing for your personal goals as well as the goals for a company you work for. Lush Was a place where their is potential growth even more so when I started in 2015. After being promoted to A floor manager after only four months, I was heading up their social media pages as well as learning how to interview. Now I Have hired over 60 employees as well as trained staff members to run social accounts as well as style the store.
Pros
Support from company, all necessary tools provided for success, great social environment
Cons
Weak management.
Fun and very busy
Former Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  LondonMay 14, 2018
I worked at LUSH Oxford Street as a summer temp and it was my very first job. The pay is exceptionally high and the team is wonderful to work with. There's so many unique people you get to meet whilst working here and the products are amazing. You end up smelling like lush everyday (which is lush) and there's a generous discount for colleagues. The training was also really fun and I learnt so much within a short space of time. A typical day would include being briefed, then setting up shop and being allocated to a specific area of the shop. Then it's just providing customer service for the whole day and trying to find the right product for the customers. The management is spectacular as everything is sorted quickly and the supervisors are there to help us at any time without hesitation.The hardest part is that it is always extremely busy but it is fun and manageable. The most enjoyable part is being able to meet so many different people and getting to know them and showing the products that I believe would put a smile on their face. It really is a fun place and you really do feel like a family working there as the support there is really what every store should aim to have.
Pros
Great discount, management and a great environment. Each day is not the same and the pay is high.
Cons
Very busy all the time but it makes the days go quicker.
It was a nice experience
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2018
It was my very first job and it definitely helped prepare me for the challenges of working in retail in the future. I think it was a good first job for someone to have.
Great culture, pay could improve
Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 13, 2018
I really loved my time at Lush, and found it easy to advance after lots of hard work. My one complaint is that while Lush pays better than some other stores in the mall, when looking at competitors in luxury cosmetics, you are paid less for more work.
Great people, iffy management.
Customer and Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  HampshireMay 13, 2018
I loved working with the people I did, there was always a great environment on the shop floor and I built friendships that lasted after the termination of my contract.
However, in my particular store the management was slightly uncooperative with regards to assisting on the shop floor.
A typical day at work involves long hours of standing up, but the supervisors are generally pretty good at giving you a break if you need one.
The hardest part of the job is the restocking just because of the customers, they try and take the new stock before it's even out of the boxes. Smile politely and you'll be just fine.
Pros
Great pay and good people
Cons
Long hours on your feet if you take long shift patterns
Be Sure To Do Your Research
Team Member (Current Employee) –  New York StateMay 10, 2018
Lush has amazing core values and makes you rethink a lot about the environment and your impact on it. A typical day is super busy but fun with the right management and shop culture. Some stores are great, some aren't. Be sure to get a feel for the shop you're applying to submitting an application.
Do good while you work
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMay 10, 2018
LUSH is a great company with great values and they run campaigns that donate money to charity, almost monthly. So you can raise money while you make money.
Nouvelles connaissances acquises
Conseiller de vente (Former Employee) –  Puteaux (92)May 10, 2018
Je ne connaissais pas le milieu du cosmétique et j'ai beaucoup appris en travaillant chez Lush.
Best & Most Ethical Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 9, 2018
The best place to work if you are looking for education, an opportunity of a lifetime, and to work with great people! Managers listen to you, employee tasks are well delegated.
Amazing ethics, luxury products, fun environment.
Floor Leader and Social Media Content Creator (Current Employee) –  North AmericaMay 9, 2018
There is a reason I've stayed with this company for so long - I love the company's values, the products, and the people I work with. The only drawback is that I find is that the hours are inconsistent. As a full-time employee, I'm told that I'm allotted 30-40 hours a week. But when traffic/profit is low I frequently see less than 30 hours. If this is expected to be my full-time/only job, I should consistently be receiving full-time hours.
Pros
Discount, fun environment, bonuses and pay, multiple breaks
Cons
Hours vary, sometimes quick coworker turnover rate
Great retail job
Charitable Giving Coordinator/Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 9, 2018
I really enjoyed working for LUSH. For a retail job I found the pay and bonus structure to be competitive. It's a fun working atmosphere with a strong and worthy mission. Was able to travel to Cambodia as a part time worker on a Charity Pot trip.
Productive and accepting place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 6, 2018
This was one of the best jobs I've ever had. Everyone here is so accepting and friendly. The training is rigorous and extensive, but well worth the time. Pay is good, and the best part the "free to a good home" box that is available to the employees to test new products to increase knowledge.
Great workplace with disadvantages!
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  ChelmsfordMay 2, 2018
Love Lush and it's ethics! Fantastic training and benefits! Pays the living wage which is great, however, not given enough hours to earn enough to live! Great for a part-time job if studying but not so good for an actual career unless part of the management team, which isn't as good as it should be!
Pros
Living wage and great training
Cons
Not enough contracted hours
Fun and Great working Environment
Order Filler/ Picker (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth, DorsetMay 1, 2018
Best company i worked for so far, flexible management and great working Environment. one month full Paternity holiday pay and many training options offered.
Wonderful place real sence of love
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Poole, DorsetMay 1, 2018
Lush is a busy place to work made lots of things I never thought I could and found a sence of family I look forward to going there again 01 day :) I have no more to say
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Fun and good experience building working as a team.
Stock room manager (Former Employee) –  DublinApril 30, 2018
i worked mostly in the stock room rotating the new stock to bring the old dates to the front so that the stock was sold in order, stock came is twice a week at 7am so there was a rush to get it off the floor and into the stockroom before the store opened at 9am.
Pros
50% off all items in the shop
Cons
long work hours
A very ethical company.
Full time Floor leader (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 29, 2018
Day to day you are running the floor, coaching the team, and opening/closing the store.

Store to store is a bit different but in my experience people working for this company are very passionate. However because upper management (out of store level) is very hands off, the store managers are not held accountable for almost anything. It's not an environment that is open to someone if they don't feel comfortable with their store manager.

I most enjoy what the company stands for and how they never back down on their ethics. I love working with my passionate coworkers which makes it more inspiring to work there.
Pros
50% discount
Best job I ever had
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLApril 27, 2018
The work environment is amazing. Management wants you to grow and succeed so any mistake is met with advice, not a scolding, and success is met with praise. It was my first retail job and in a year I had been promoted. My only concern was that the manager had favorites and once you turn in your two weeks she decides to let you go sooner.
Pros
15 minute breaks, 50% off discount on almost everything, paid time off and sick days, you start at $10
Fantastic, fun company, great benefits
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee CityApril 26, 2018
I honestly could not have wished for a better weekend job to have had alongside my highers. The company is amazing with fantastic ethics, and the perks are better that most other places offer.
Pros
Staff Discount

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2