Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Fun yet challenging experience
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 7, 2018
Lush was a wonderful company to work for. They give you 50% discount on all products, which is incredible if you know anything about Lush. All products are hand-made, fresh, organic and natural. The spirit is very upbeat and fun, music is played in the store and Lush always wants its employees to make it fun for the customers.
Pros
50% discount, fun environment & accepting of everyone
Cons
Pushed to be aggressive in sales & be prepared for unpleasant co-workers
Great products, fun place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 7, 2018
I loved going home everyday smelling as best as you could possibly imagine, and getting compliments from people as you pass by them, a plus. Also a plus, the 50% off discount on virtually everything in the store!! Great products, great company.
Happy and rewarding job
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Poole, DorsetAugust 6, 2018
Generally pretty easy, can get boring as you do the same thing, but depends if you like consistency ! Bonuses and work benefits are brilliant especially the discount ! Not much opportunity to be taken on permanently though.
Benefits
Cons
Hard work, not enough pay and not much advancement
Extremely fun
Senior Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 6, 2018
It's a retail type job so there really isn't a work/life balance because you have to work on the weekends. It was a lot of fun working for Lush! Co-workers were amazing and so were the customers, its very laid back but there is a lot of work involved. You learn a lot about people, skincare, and your own community when you get involved with this company. It's a very open minded, and inclusive environment to work for. I just wish I was paid a living wage when I worked for Lush in the area I worked in. 13$ an hour (part-time)is well above minimum wage but for the area the shop was at.. it was not live able. Also, typing to move from part-time to full-time at this shop was almost impossible!
Pros
Fun, exciting, inclusive, great break times
Cons
hard to move up, and low-ish pay
Vrai travail d'équipe et entraide
RESPONSABLE ADJOINTE (Former Employee) –  Amiens (80)August 6, 2018
L'ambiance dans l'équipe était importante pour toutes, le métier est intéressant et polyvalent.
Loved it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2018
I absolutely loved working here. The environment allowed you to be your true self. Everyone there genuinely liked each other and we all worked together. I also love the products and what the company stands for.
Great workplace for development
Floor Leader & Social Media Networker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 3, 2018
I worked here for four years and I am so lucky to work for a great company, great managers and with some wonderful people. I would definitely recommend for someone who is outgoing and willing to work hard.
Used to be an amazing place to work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 1, 2018
Great facilities. Had a great culture, but changing for the worse. Too many politics and gossip. Favoritism is the main change for worse in how Lush Manufacturing operates ( in Toronto specifically). If senior likes you, regardless of how bad you are at your job, you will never get in trouble. If they don't, it's only a matter of time before the case is built to get you out.

Great place for career starters! Don't stay here too long. Get experience and move on.

Systems and forecasts are horrible... changing information and providing inaccurate one all the time. Makes you do guestimate decisions. If you made one wrong, it's on you.

Poor performance management or lack of it with junior level staff. Again, if they like you, you can do whatever you want.

With more senior level staff, its all about how much senior boss likes you. Taking credit for your efforts and giving credit to others for your efforts is a day-to-day thing.

Overall, has been an outstanding place especially for young career starters, but becoming worse and worse.

I think it is still a great place for lower level jobs in production.
Compassionate and driven work place
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Bristol City Centre, BristolJuly 31, 2018
Work was enjoyable, the company as a whole are very understanding of personal circumstances. The role itself is very intense and immersive so a genuine interest is needed. Management were well organised but I felt little human interest in ensuring that all staff gel as a team - more out of work activities could help this? V good bonus system
Pros
50% discount, product knowledge and living wage
Cons
Lack of overtime availability, stand offish management
Amazing Culture, Lifelong Lessons
Senior Sales - Charitable Givings Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 30, 2018
Not your typical retail position, the atmosphere is so engaging. I loved learning about ingredients and ethical campaigns. The ethics behind the company were ones of my favorite things. The most challenging is having to adapt to the sales style, but it was much more enjoyable than any other retail environment that I ever worked. I had the opportunity to take on specialty roles which helped shape my career. At the end of the day it might not be a forever job, but I'm thankful for everything I learned there.
Pros
culture, education, benefits
Cons
fast paced, lots of material to learn
lush
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  DublinJuly 30, 2018
● Assisted customers with finding products that meet their needs and gave little spa
treatments.
● Suggested, explained and demonstrated how to use products.
● Stocked shelves, cleaned floors, and organized sales areas.
● Won various individual and group competitions.
● Showed exceptional skill on the shop floor when it came French customers and aided them
while shopping.
Pros
good company
Cons
strong smells
Fuyez
Manager (Former Employee) –  Paris (75)July 28, 2018
Secte . Fuyez .
A fuir d’urgence . Burn out garanti .
Pros
Aucun
Cons
Tous ceux d’une entreprise mensongère
Fun
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Poole, DorsetJuly 27, 2018
It was a fun place to work in, it was full on and very fast pacing. It was a challenge but I like to be a good challenge.
It was a good place to work in, I gained real good experience working there
I’ve gained working with people and getting along as a team, getting along as a team gets the job done quicker and easier and it’s a better environment to work in when your in a good friendly environment
Pros
Free stock
Cons
The hours
The ideal job
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 22, 2018
Honestly, I loved working at Lush. I came home every night to my partner with a story that had made me smile. I enjoyed the way I was trained, the way I was spoken to by coworkers and management, and I loved getting to take home slightly damaged products. It was also an incredible feeling to know that I worked somewhere that was trying to make a difference abound the world; whether it was on the environment, acceptance of the LGBTQ+ community, or other grassroots causes.
Pros
free samples, great coworkers, soft hands from all the cream, taking unsellable items home
Cons
the smell gave some of my coworkers hadaches, but I got used to it in the 1st week
Floor Leader experience
Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAJuly 22, 2018
I love working for this company. You become close with your manager and co workers so much that coming to work is never upsetting. I don't even realize I'm off most of the days. Great benefits and belief in how products should be fresh and naked and animal testing free. Recommend A lot
Pros
Paid breaks samples relationships raises promotions
Enjoyable and positive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon TyneJuly 21, 2018
I spent a week doing work experience at LUSH in Eldon square in 2017 and heavily enjoyed the experience and would definitely recommend that other people also do their work experience here or work for the company.
Pros
Free products
Cons
Short breaks
Le meilleur travail que j'ai eu
Associée aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCJuly 18, 2018
Les valeurs de la compagnie sont excellentes, l'équipe est super le fun à travailler avec et ce sont de très bonnes personnes. Je me sentais chez moi. Malheureusement je n'ai été que saisonnière et ils n'avaient de d'assez bon chiffres pour me réengager, mais si je n'ai pas d'emploi d'ici mi-septembre, j'y retourne absolument!
Fun and creative place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  BirminghamJuly 17, 2018
Definitely a place where you can be yourself. The more creative the better. Challenging at times but it is fun and you get the support from all of your colleagues.
Excellent
FLOOR LEADER/PARTY PLANNER (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 15, 2018
-Building rapport
-Going above and beyond in service aptitude
-exceptional shop floor awareness
-ensure customer satisfaction
-Exceeding in the EC’s of selling
-Leadership skills
-Event Planner
Amazing culture
Brand and Product Trainer Support (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJuly 15, 2018
Love working with lush! The work culture there is amazing and so are the people. The work you do everyday is life changing because you know you are making a small (but effective) difference in our world as a cosmetics company.
Pros
Charity pot
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2