Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,264 reviews
Fun and rewarding work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  LancasterAugust 21, 2018
Fantastic place to work that provides a friendly and fun working environment with excellent wages and benefits and fantastic working for such an ethical and inspiring company
Fun place to work at with the right management
Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 5, 2018
I assisted customers with products, including but not limited to demonstrations, product knowledge, sampling, and linking to similar options. I also coordinated inventory ordering, receiving, organization, and freshness with a team under my direction. Trained new hires and groomed sales associates for promotion. Assisted customers with transactions including specialized transactions like returns, employee purchases, and special discounts. I received extensive training in skincare, haircare, and body products designed to suit a variety of needs, both standard and special.
Pros
great discount, free product, fun atmosphere, great company ethics
Cons
short breaks, high energy, poor management
Hard place to work
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2018
Hours fluctuate where full time could be getting anywhere from 28-40 hours a week. The pay is not competitive. We are not paid enough for the amount of extra work we do. There is not room for advancement and there is no chance for a raise once you hit a certain point, and you are expected to take on more responsibility. It's very hard to get full time status but difficult to work a second job, will not work around another schedule.
Pros
Discount on product.
Cons
Benefits only for full time
Management Killed This Company
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 21, 2018
Higher management was not concerned with the well-being of anyone beneath the manager. Unreliable scheduling, empty promises on advancement, and a laundry list of legal violations.
Pros
discount, company ethics, employee culture
Cons
unreliable schedules, lack of benefits, lack of advancement, poor management
Overall fun and engaging workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 20, 2018
I work as a part-time employee at lush. I was hired as a seasonal hire that was hired to stay on the core staff. For the most part, if I have to work retail, I'd choose Lush. My coworkers are wonderful, although sometimes personalities can clash, and it is nice to work for a company whose ethics you support. Management can be hit or miss, and there is little room for growth in the company unless you are a manager or MIT. It's hard to get consistent hours, too. But I have learned a lot about the company, its products, and the benefits are nice. It's nice to always feel like I can learn something new in the repetitive industry of customer service.
A beautiful company but unorganised
Supervisor / Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  ChelmsfordFebruary 4, 2018
Pushed a lot to sell sometimes to a point where you can become uncomfortable, employee care is inconsistent, management is inconsistent and often unfair. A lot of unprofessional and unorganised aspects to the company. Good employee benefits with amazing products and customers, other staff members are brilliant but an exhausting and stressful role that often feels it is not worth the pay. There is a strange Lush culture throughout the company which I think contributes to the negative aspects of the company. Although I think Lush varies massively from store to store.
Pros
Good employee discount
Cons
Short shifts
Stressful and unorganized
Shipper (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMarch 6, 2018
Management and leadership are unorganized and do not communicate effectively with their employees. Do not make employees feel supported or valued. There is a lot of favoritism happening in the company, certain people will benefit and get away with things, while others will not. Work days are completely inconsistent. Some days are extremely long and busy and others there is nothing to do, so pay is also inconsistent. Very stressful and frustrating.
Pros
Benefits, paid volunteer opportunities.
Cons
inconsistent hours, unorganized management
Used to be an amazing place to work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 1, 2018
Great facilities. Had a great culture, but changing for the worse. Too many politics and gossip. Favoritism is the main change for worse in how Lush Manufacturing operates ( in Toronto specifically). If senior likes you, regardless of how bad you are at your job, you will never get in trouble. If they don't, it's only a matter of time before the case is built to get you out.

Great place for career starters! Don't stay here too long. Get experience and move on.

Systems and forecasts are horrible... changing information and providing inaccurate one all the time. Makes you do guestimate decisions. If you made one wrong, it's on you.

Poor performance management or lack of it with junior level staff. Again, if they like you, you can do whatever you want.

With more senior level staff, its all about how much senior boss likes you. Taking credit for your efforts and giving credit to others for your efforts is a day-to-day thing.

Overall, has been an outstanding place especially for young career starters, but becoming worse and worse.

I think it is still a great place for lower level jobs in production.
Production
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole, DorsetNovember 15, 2018
I worked at Lush Dairy in hamworthy this year from end July and finished up end of October. I have never come across so many unhelpful, discriminative as well as racist people in my life. This company has the cheek to snoop all over your public forum which should NOT be allowed as far as I'm concerned! The bosses have absolute no idea of how to manage or talk to their employees at all! It's an utter disgrace and they expect high quality work to be produced but they give you mounds that are all broken split and just rubbish. They treat their employees like slaves and it's like being in a German war camp! Each factory behaves so differently and what one factory does the other doesn't do. But surely this is one company. I shall NEVER EVER be applying to such a disorganised awful place again!! They couldn't organise anything and they hire and fire for the most ridiculous reasons too! BEWARE of this place!
Pros
Free boots and free coffee
Cons
Good place to work but your hard work might not always be recognized.
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2018
I was hired as a seasonal sales ambassador and though I received praise and affirmation of a permanent position, when the time time I did not receive a permanent offer. I feel that my hard work and dedication to the team was overlooked and perhaps due to office politics I was not made part of the team. Lush is a great place to work but the hard work you put into your time might not be worth anything when it comes time to make the core team.
Pros
50% employee discount and an inclusive and progressive work environment.
Cons
Hard work means nothing to the management team
Fun, kind Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Derby, DerbyshireJune 17, 2018
Lush was an amazing place to work, treating staff great and giving great benefits. I loved working there and loved all the free/discounted prices. Only downside is how much there was to learn.
Pros
50% discount
Wonderful place to work
Senior Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BCJune 30, 2018
The staff are amazing and fun people to work with. Loved the energy of the place, Customers were both good and bad, management was a little unorganized and frustrating at times. I did feel stagnant and development was not happening. The company promotes moving up in the company but after three years this never happened to me and I was quite upset when a position above did open up and I would have to compete for it against someone who has not been there as long and have as much seniority. Overall one of the best jobs I've had and the reason I stayed for so long.
Pros
Environment, staff, energy, discount product
Cons
Less work life balance, unorganized, no development
The best job on planet earth
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dolphin Quays,Poole.September 11, 2018
I worked in Customer Care in Lush's Head Office in Poole. Without a doubt the happiest job I have ever had. It felt like I was part of the family, indeed the CEO would pop in regularly to say "hi" and see how folks were doing.

These people care about each other and it shows. When you are happy you work hard, so it works both ways.

If you are lucky enough to get in, never leave.
Pros
They treat you with respect and care about each individual.
Cons
If you leave, you might not get back in again.
Manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Southeast regionJune 23, 2018
A fantastic company to work for. The typical retail stressors are present within the position, however the support, compensation, and extras are unparalleled.
REALLY bad experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OntarioOctober 16, 2018
SESA are basically treated like they're worthless... I was hired in August and it is now mid-october with still no sign of a first shift. I also haven't been paid for any of my training in over a month (two pay periods) and have received no answer from management on when I will be receiving that. Also, they hired WAY too many people for the holiday season and consistently lied to us throughout the process (was told I would be Core staff and then was only offered a seasonal contract, was told I would be paid $2 more per hour than I will actually be paid, etc.). Overall a really poor experience so far with no future hopes of it getting better. I suggest to anyone looking to work here to explore other options first as you will likely not make any money for the first several months.
Pros
free samples, products, etc.
Cons
clueless management, VERY disorganized
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  SheffieldMay 28, 2018
tend to be working with likeminded people
lovely atmosphere although it gets very stressful over the christmas period
great benefits- 50% discount and commission
Pros
50% staff discount
Cons
very face paced
Do good while you work
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMay 10, 2018
LUSH is a great company with great values and they run campaigns that donate money to charity, almost monthly. So you can raise money while you make money.
Extremely fun
Senior Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 6, 2018
It's a retail type job so there really isn't a work/life balance because you have to work on the weekends. It was a lot of fun working for Lush! Co-workers were amazing and so were the customers, its very laid back but there is a lot of work involved. You learn a lot about people, skincare, and your own community when you get involved with this company. It's a very open minded, and inclusive environment to work for. I just wish I was paid a living wage when I worked for Lush in the area I worked in. 13$ an hour (part-time)is well above minimum wage but for the area the shop was at.. it was not live able. Also, typing to move from part-time to full-time at this shop was almost impossible!
Pros
Fun, exciting, inclusive, great break times
Cons
hard to move up, and low-ish pay
Fantastic
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  WatfordMay 27, 2018
Fabulous company to be a part of when I was there, you can get on with people, they really teach you about being the best at customer service, fantastic benefits such as discount on their products
fun place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Southampton, HampshireMay 23, 2018
very good salary and benefits, 50% staff discount. Easy job, they are flexible around uni/ other jobs or commitments. fun and friendly environment with very nice people
Pros
staff benefits
Cons
can be repetitive and boring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2