Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Why I enjoy working for LUSH
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  MANovember 10, 2017
Lush is a great company to work for. I truly love their brand and the ethics behind it and my staff is one of the best reasons behind why I work there. I just sometimes find that work life balance can be hard to have.
Pros
Health care
Brilliant company, Lush Canterbury management are foul and should be avoided.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  CanterburyNovember 9, 2017
Brilliant company, have worked for several. Lovely ethics and brand values but the last branch, the Canterbury store is awful. Management is aggressive, rude and bullying, has ruined my faith in the company.
Pros
Discount, ethical
Cons
bad management
Love the company, hate the management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 9, 2017
You think it's easy until you get into training and realize you have to remember not only every ingredient in every product but what it does and how it "benefits" the body. Then, on top of that, you are expected to link and transition around the store to build baskets and sales. 90% of people who go in are "just looking" but you are required to keep checking in with that customer and offer them demos even if they do not seem like they want it.

This is just the tip of the iceberg! Wait until you start working and your coworkers either no call/no show for no reason or just straight up come to work hungover and angry over the most childish of things.

I still love the products, but now shop online instead of dealing with the drama of going into the shops.
Pros
amazing discount on products
Cons
short breaks, frustrated managers, too many employees and not enough hours to go around
Valeurs et Ethique
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cagnes-sur-Mer (06)November 8, 2017
Une entreprise qui donne tout son sens aux mots éthique et valeur.
LE développement est au coeur de ces dirigeants.
Pros
Valeur humaine
Inclusive and Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham New Street Station, West MidlandsNovember 6, 2017
A typical day at Lush would focus on customer interactions with a lot of emphasis on demo's and well rounded consultations, whilst also maintaining shop-floor standards, stock rotation and till service.

Management are usually on deck to lend a helping hand and watch over interactions. Over the years management, I think has definitely improved in terms of structure and you can feel their presence more so now. Personally, I have experienced support, understanding and encouragement from the management team, old and new.

The hardest part of the job would be having to be 'on' all the time. This means, smiles all round, extra pep, all of the time. Even more so if you are working a 5 hour shift, you aren't entitled to a break, so shifts can be quite tiresome. Also, if you are working a long day (9.30 - 7.30 is a typical full day) it is an awfully long time to be on your feet. Though this is the case with most retail positions. Recently, one of the hardest things is having to explain every interaction you encounter with a customer, always able to give an answer as to where you went wrong and where you can improve. Whilst I appreciate this is for personal development and the growth of the company, it can feel like 'big brother' and as if you're a grown adult, still at school.

One of the most enjoyable things about working for Lush is getting to meet and know so many diverse individuals that I most likely wouldn't have crossed paths with otherwise. Additionally, not only do you gain a knowledge about the products and their benefits, you are also given a wealth of knowledge
  more... behind where they come from and how they are sourced ethically. Furthermore, working for a company that advocates for human and animal rights alike mean that you are able to part-take in amazing campaigns to help improve the lives of others.  less
Pros
The people, 50% discount, always learning new things, being part of campaigns.
Cons
Limited progression, long hours on your feet, heavy lifting glitter EVERYWHERE
Good ethics within retail
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  DundeeNovember 5, 2017
I have no complaints of working for Lush, they mean well.
I did have a fixed idea of what this company were about and this began to fall away sadly after working for them. However on the whole it provided me with a massive learning curve.
Pros
Close location
Cons
poorly paid
Great place to work with plenty of benefits
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merry Hill, West MidlandsNovember 5, 2017
Would definitely recommend, lots of benefits and friendly staff! However if you are temporary staff there isn’t a guarantee you can return to the job in the future so keep in mind if you want a permanent position in the company
Pros
50% staff discount, free products to test, friendly atmosphere, good pay
Cons
Long hours, job not guaranteed to last if in temporary position
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of YorkshireNovember 2, 2017
Really enjoying my time here, fantastic staff who are very supportive and great work atmosphere. Staff discount and bonus scheme are some of the bevefits you receive but this job helps make you a better person
Pretty cool place to work
Ballistics (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 1, 2017
Working at Lush was pretty good, you meet interesting people, management is pretty chill and the environment was great. Great benefits and employee discounts. The hardest part about the job is if you work Ballistics, or in any department you need to be able to handle the strong fragrance. It's an awesome company to work for overall since they really take pride and stand by their beliefs as a company and their loyalty to their employees. But if you can't handle strong scents, it isn't the place for you. I wish I could have handled it and stayed since its an amazing place to work.
Pros
50% discount on all lush products
Cons
Strong fragrance
This place is geared to a young demographic. I worked seasonally and
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CANovember 1, 2017
I worked my entire stint for the holiday season in 2016 determined to complete my commitment. It was in my opinion a very bad experience. The company is geared to the younger demographic and the managers of these young people are rude and abrupt. The one manager asked me to find what appeared to be a needle in a haystack in their very unorganinzed back room. She acted as I was and idiot and threw the box on the floor in front of me and said it was right there! The same manager discussed issues that seemed to be best discussed in private on the floor in front of customers. I would NEVDER go back. I did however upon leaving express my concerns only as I felt it would help others in the future.
Pros
free broken bath bombs
Cons
see above
同事友善
Part time Salesperson (Current Employee) –  sycOctober 30, 2017
工作環境開心 ,同事友善。學習到不少有用的資訊,不僅僅是護膚的。還有環保的,人權等不同方面,感覺獲益良多。
Great principle, terrible execution
Floor Lead (Former Employee) –  AZOctober 30, 2017
LUSH truly stands for and behind wonderful morals. The company was founded by an incredible team who are still active in the company's advancement....in Europe. The North American team, however, is a joke. They do not follow the company's initiatives and there are certain people who move into higher positions that are not earned or deserved.

In one of the locations I worked at, part of the management team couldn't even speak to the true characteristics of products and rushed through demos just to get to the next customer. I fell in love with LUSH because of the attention to detail that is suppose to come with consultations. Yes, build baskets and get customers to purchase a larger number of items (it is sales after all) but don't be rude or force people to get something just so you hit your numbers.
djjdj.
Talent Specialist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2017
Great company to work, you have your space,friendly co workers
Pay rate is very good, easy access to subway
Happy managers
I like my Job
Never tired of working
Treat employees fairly but there can be a lot of drama
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2017
The wages are awesome, essentially no dress code as long as you wear black/white, flexible schedules, room for advancement, great company values.

I would work at LUSH again but at another location. I had a manager that would pick favorites and make it very obvious. After some particularly condescending remarks, I even considered going to corporate. Also, there is a lot of pressure to be extraordinarily outgoing and sometimes even pushy on selling even if the customer is not really into it.

Otherwise, I admire the company's core value and its extremely relaxed and fair treatment of employees. Also, you get a sick 50% discount and often freebies as well.
Pros
great starting wage, discount, free stuff
Cons
poor management
Fun work environment, not much growth
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 24, 2017
GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT. Fun people who are extremely kind. Very hard to move up. That was the only issue. You learn about topical holistic hygiene items and get great discounts.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
no career advancement
enjoyable and fulfilling
Senior Beauty Therapist (Current Employee) –  BathOctober 23, 2017
We work 8 hours a day. working with only 4 clients in this time. When we are not with our clients we are working on other things in the spa. So the work is very physical for the 8 hours that we are in. The most hardest part of the job is that it can be very hard work. The best part of the job is preforming the beautiful treatments on our clients who thoroughly enjoy there time in the spa. I learned so many great different skills that I will take away with me.
Pros
50% discount on the products
Fun place to work
SALES AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 19, 2017
The management is light hearted and willing to work with you, although it is difficult to memorize every single ingredient and their benefits for the skin and hair. The environment is laid back and fun and it smells great!
Friendly atmosphere
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milton KeynesOctober 19, 2017
I really enjoy working at Lush. The staff are friendly and easy to get along with. I feel comfortable coming to a place of work when I can be free to be myself
What a horrendous experience
Interviewee (Former Employee) –  Menlyn Park, GautengOctober 19, 2017
I was called for an interview and was told to visit them again for a follow up. The second meeting was cancelled duebto staffing issues but was told to learn the products.

Few weeks later after following up was told that the position was filled internally. No feedback was given as she forgot.

Branch Manager salary ranges between R12000 - R15000.
Not at all what it seems
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2017
Lush Cosmetics seems like the ideal place for a bright, colorful, extrovert such as myself, but take a look behind the bath bombs and 50% product discount and you're thrown back to early high school days of favoritism, drama, and backhanded, passive agressive management styles. Don't work here if you like clear communication, fair opportunities for advancement, or keeping your work and personal lives separate, because unless you're getting drinks with your manager every weekend, there's really no hope that you'll be treated as a real person or a valued employee. I'm the best person in te shop, I have numerous positive reviews on our Facebook page, and yet I never work more that 18 hours in a week. Others get 8 or sometimes 4. If they don't like you, they won't tell you to your face or try to help you get better, they'll only go behind your back to frustrate you into quitting. The management is immature and cliquey, the job is draining and frustrating, and unless you were popular in high school, you'll never get anywhere here.
The products are great. The day to day of the job is great. The company is great. But the shop politics are a nightmare.
Pros
MASSIVE discount, staff boxes, paid meetings, fun events, great customers
Cons
Cliquey, immature, dramatic, too personal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2