Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

I had fun working here
Manual Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2018
Great company to work for, they hire a very diverse range of people and offer a lot of incentives for your productivity. There are a lot of employees so any issues you have may not be directly solved unless you go to management yourself.
Pros
Bonuses, Flexible Hours
Cons
A lot of staff
Productive and fun
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Villawood NSWFebruary 11, 2018
Production assistant in the gifts department on a temporary contract.
Lush Handmade Bath Bombs,Soaps,Bubbles,Moisturisers that are distributed throughout Australia,New Zealand,Canada and the U.K. Manufacturing environment where speed and precision are the main attributes associated with the position
Pros
free lunches for christmas
Cons
hot weather conditions
wonderfully-scented and just overall such a fun place to work
seasonal sales ambassador (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 9, 2018
Lush was AMAZING. I am definitely planning on returning as a seasonal hire this next Holiday season. It was just such a positive, wonderful-smelling environment to work in, and I love doing demonstrations. It just felt so good to help someone find that perfect bath bomb, or the best bubble bar, or even the best skin regimen for their necessities. Such a wonderful job to have, to work at Lush Cosmetics!
Pros
amazing fellow staff, amazing management, lots of breaks as needed
Cons
some heavy-lifting
Best Place Ever
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXFebruary 8, 2018
Lush was honestly one of the best places to work at. The general manager was the sweetest most caring person you can ever encounter as well as the rest pf the employees, you feel like family. A typical day of work included starting your shift off by getting a run through of what your day would look like by a fellow employee, so you get an idea. I learned how to properly communicate and demonstrate products on everybody and explain proper benefits for each ingredient. Sadly, it was just a seasonal position but I would highly recommend working for Lush!
Great Company, Terrible workplace environment
Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAFebruary 8, 2018
Company itself is great and ethical. Managers are always fake, have no regard for others, and expect you to "tough it out" when sick or in pain. They don't offer much for tenured staff and advancement only matters if management likes you. They NEVER promote from within, management always comes from outside. Discount it great. They are losing they roots of luxury care for money making schemes.

Overall unless you're a cutthroat catty person it's not someplace where you will advance.
Pros
Discounts, Great Products, Bonus, Pto
Cons
Management, Bad Atmosphere, Short Breaks, No Advancement
Greaty company
FLOOR LEADER (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Working at lush, there are so many things you get to learn. There are many tools to ensure that you are selling most effectively for the customers' needs. You get to learn what are in each product and what each ingredient is good for. You get to learn why the products are beneficial to specific people. Lush also puts in a lot of work to help the environment as well as human rights and fighting against animal cruelty. It's a great company to feel proud to work for. All of the employees were very close which made work fun to go to. And we all had the same passion in believing in the products and believing in the company for what they stand for.
overall great
Floor Leader - management (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 7, 2018
spent days helping customers find products that suit them best. laughed a lot. management has trouble remaining professional with all employees and is often a blurred line between.
Pros
discount, co worker
Cons
management needs help
Buen ambiente laboral
vendedora y cajera (Former Employee) –  Maipú, Región MetropolitanaFebruary 6, 2018
Excelente estándares, buen ambiente laboral. Apoyo totalmente su conciencia ecológica con el planeta y el no testeo en animales
Seasonal
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCFebruary 6, 2018
Working at Lush was a very enjoyable! Management were great in training and helping out on the floor. Overall it was a great experience and I would like to work there again.
fantastic seasonal employment
distribution assistant (Former Employee) –  70 the eastmallFebruary 6, 2018
wonderful workplace evryone was so helpful. the company seems truly commited to its staff and morals. employee discount was great.
management was understanding and helpful.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
irregular shifts
Great Team with a Fun Culture
SALES AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 5, 2018
Working at LUSH was a job that I strove to achieve. While I was in college I would come home and stock up on my favorite products and made friends with the incredibly relatable staff. When I graduated and wanted a part time job went right to LUSH. Though it is a retail job, they care about you as a person and make you feel like you truly matter as a part of their team. There are strick sales goals that you will have and want to make/maintain. Lush employees a sales model that is made to improve sales and thus improve the store as a whole, but at times the constant driving to sell products can feel too forced and fit timers in customer service might find this too daunting, but you will learn to strike a balance. The training , at least for permanent employees is extensive and well done with frequent workshops held by inner staff and traveling representatives. There are roles with in the store that you are able to take on in addition to being a Sales Ambassador and these will help you build your life with the company (i.e: visuals, trainer, operations manager, stocking, ect.) Over all I really loved working here any only left due to being offered a better opportunity. If you can stick it out a prove yourself as a dedicated employee then there is a life in this company that is well worth the wait.
Pros
discouts on products, speacial seasonal boxes, great team work, generally good people and a conomany that ares about you as a person.
Cons
stressfull sales goals, you are driven to make a customer experiance that at some times can feel too forced.
Love this job
SALES AMBASSADOR (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 5, 2018
At the Fresno Fashion Fair LUSH I'm surrounded by happy, positive workers and an environment that encourages us to be authentic and transparent with ourselves, our coworkers, and especially our customers. The products are incredible and that's what makes the job easy to do. Sales aren't hard when the products sell themselves.
Pros
50% discount, wonderful work environment
Cons
Hours can be varied
Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCFebruary 5, 2018
A great company that looks after their employees. However, they tell staff to be very pushy, and can often make customers uncomfortable with their sales tactics.
A beautiful company but unorganised
Supervisor / Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  ChelmsfordFebruary 4, 2018
Pushed a lot to sell sometimes to a point where you can become uncomfortable, employee care is inconsistent, management is inconsistent and often unfair. A lot of unprofessional and unorganised aspects to the company. Good employee benefits with amazing products and customers, other staff members are brilliant but an exhausting and stressful role that often feels it is not worth the pay. There is a strange Lush culture throughout the company which I think contributes to the negative aspects of the company. Although I think Lush varies massively from store to store.
Pros
Good employee discount
Cons
Short shifts
Loved the job they hated me
Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  Harbor eastFebruary 4, 2018
Best job ever however I worked on my wedding day just to be fired via phone months later....fI helped to open a new store built clientele and met or exceeded all my goals I always hate what they did to my family
Pros
Discount
Cons
Took a lot of time away from my family without having a set schedule and I always showed
Productive & Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 2, 2018
- learned great customer service skills
- employees made a great working environment to transition into
- spent my days at work using my communication skills with coworkers and customers
- learned plenty of product knowledge in order to properly help customers
Pros
learned great customer service skills here
Cons
i was under a seasonal contract
Super fun and friendly place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAFebruary 2, 2018
I only worked at Lush for a short amount of time, but it was an exciting, friendly, fast-paced place to work. I never felt that I was competing with my coworkers, it was very familial and collaborative, with us all working for a certain sales goal for the store. Since they are so ethically and ecologically positive, I always felt comfortable and confident on the positive impact on the earth.
Fun place to work
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 1, 2018
I loved learning what each product included as far as fresh ingredients go. Interacting with customers was always what I looked forward to most. I wish the hiring process for becoming core staff was more fair, so more passionate sales ambassadors could stay year round
not a great agency
seasonal production worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2018
transline will send you to jobs where the staff treats their temporary employees like badly and let you go without warning and treat you like a slave because you can easily be replaced and made promises they cant keep
Pros
Cons
badwork enviroment
Fun and fast paced!
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Guildford, BCJanuary 31, 2018
Amazing employees and management. Fun and creative environment and good hours. Great employee benefits and opportunities to do charity work. Great choice for a first job.
Pros
Good hours, great benefits.
Cons
Liberally charged.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2