Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Productive Fun Workplace
Retail Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLJune 5, 2018
Lush was my first job and the people there really help me understand the ropes and were very kind in general to me. I did a lot of stocking in the store so it was a lot of walking and caring heavy boxes, but if I was ever having any trouble someone would be there and was willing to help even if it was just to get something off a shelf that was a little to high.
Pros
Store Discount
Cons
I have been working for Lush for years now and I don’t plan on stopping
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHJune 5, 2018
There is not a bad bone in this companies body, I could rave all day about the staff and the corporation in general. They are beyond as ethical as they say they are, they’re resourceful and innovative. If you want a fun and rewarding job, this is the place for you.
Good people to work with
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 4, 2018
Your experience at LUSH 100% is based on who your store manager is and how much time and effort they invest in their employees

The bath bomb dust seriously made it hard to breath at times, it's an employee health hazard that LUSH turns a blind eye to.
Pros
Great Co-workers, free product to try
Cons
Had to miss my my break when store was busy, the bath bomb dust makes it hard to breathe
Good work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  ManchesterJune 2, 2018
Allows you to meet new people and experience new things. You learn so much about beauty and how things are made at Lush. All the staff are incredibly friendslh and all very easy to get along with. The staff and people of higher management all treat you the same and don’t portray an image of being better than you.
Pros
Discount on all products
Cons
Hard work
Love lush
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 1, 2018
I was only seasonal and was not taken on full time when my contract ended. I dealt with sone health issue during my time there and my superiors were very helpful and accomodating as far as scheduling and aick days were concerned. Their values and ethics of the company are superior to many large companies. They have amazing charitable campaigns and their employee base really belives in the company. The workplace is friendly, the employees are welcoming and extremely positive. "Happy people making happy soap" is a very fitting motto.
Pros
Great employee benefits, environmentally conscious, cruelty free, caring and friendly environment to work in
Cons
Not much job availability, lots of employees, location/commute
Great Company to shop at, not so much to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJune 1, 2018
I was looking for a fun part time job and thought of this company due to my previous experiences and on the recommendation of friends.

The company itself is pretty awesome, the discount is great, but you know what's not?

The management at my store was very aloof and insincere. The pay was mediocre for the expectations they had of you.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Management and low pay
Fun Work Place
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 1, 2018
LUSH is a fun workplace. I enjoyed working there and with the type of customers that its products brought in. During my time there the management team went through a few changes. In the end, I was not happy with the directions the location I worked for was going.
Pros
Good prodcut, Great Customers
Cons
Under trained managment
It's probably great in Europe
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2018
But working for LUSH in the USA is a JOKE! Associates are paid $10 with expectations that are miles higher than an ACTUAL sales/commission job, and you don't make ANYTHING for how well you sell. The only pay incentive is an hourly "bonus" which doesn't do anything for most people who work 4-8 EVERY WEEK (and they're practically forced to give open availability). That being said, no one got paid enough to never be scheduled, to deal with extremely rude and dishonest managers, to listen to passive aggressive "feedback" after being told to approach customers 5 times who are OBVIOUSLY not interested, to watch the managers personal favorites advance before them, to have hours cut because LUSH didn't meet their "sales goals" (while no one in upper management seems to be struggling ever!!) . All these 1-2 star reviews are TRUE y'all! Please consider them before you try to waste your time here. This business is a wolf in sheep's skin: disguises as an ethical, caring company but in North America they're as greedy as all the others as far as treating employees, if not worse. I will continue to buy from them online but I will probably never set foot into a Lush store again.
Pros
Alot of free Lush products especially on a closing shift, 50% discount
Cons
If you're not a part of Management's mean girl clique, expect this job to take some years off your life
great
Tampa, FL - Floor Leader/ops manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEMay 30, 2018
fun place to work but can get stagnant sometimes. there are times that the pressure to perform is hard and also its even harder to leave work at work.
Fantastic
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  WatfordMay 27, 2018
Fabulous company to be a part of when I was there, you can get on with people, they really teach you about being the best at customer service, fantastic benefits such as discount on their products
It was nice
Lush Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 26, 2018
It was nice and I enjoyed it overall however it could be quite hective at time and we generally are overstaffed. Discounts are greta and everyone is super nice.
fun happy
people were crazy
thought they were okay
worth the money
stressfull
Pros
free food
Sim
Vendedora (Former Employee) –  São Paulo, SPMay 23, 2018
É uma pena ter fechado, eu amava trabalhar na lush
Pros
Não
Cons
Não
fun place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Southampton, HampshireMay 23, 2018
very good salary and benefits, 50% staff discount. Easy job, they are flexible around uni/ other jobs or commitments. fun and friendly environment with very nice people
Pros
staff benefits
Cons
can be repetitive and boring
It was okay
Till Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 21, 2018
It was a great way to be introduced to the retail world. They really train the employees well and care a lot about what the company stands for and has to offer. I admired how they would put the customer first.
Pros
Great Discounts, Friendly Customers, Great Training
Cons
Competitive, Stressful Environment, Favoritism
fun to learn about ingredients in products
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAMay 21, 2018
It was fun, customers were really sweet. I learned so much about natural skin remedies. The staff wasn't friendly or nice at all. fellow new employees were sweet and friendly.
Pros
Cons
some free products
Great for learning and experience
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 21, 2018
The job is pretty standard for most retail positions. You do get to learn a lot about ingredients and how they effect the skin and hair. You also learn some interesting selling techniques that feel slightly more natural than the typical car salesman pitch. Management and staff depends on location; they can be very high school like, or very professional.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
work environment and co workers can be hard to deal with
Fun and Encouraging work environment where you can be yourself
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCMay 19, 2018
I couldn't wait to go work whenever they gave me hours. Costumers and staff are so sweet and there's always something different to do every day. Not only do you do cash, but you really get to know the clients to help them pick out the best thing that will help them. Not only that, but Lush has an incredible amount of ethics that I vouch by such as 100% recyclable containers, naked products to avoid waste, organic and bio products, fighting against animal testing, and that everything is fair trade! They also support the LGBTQIA+ community! Plus, what can be better than yelling ''BATH BOMB DEMO'' and blowing bubbles at work?
Pros
50% off all merch in store. Very open minded staff. Super nice environment
Lush careers, fresh and fancy
SEASONAL SALES AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 17, 2018
a typical day at work means bringing your enthusiasm and passion for the lush brand every day. i learned how to create a fresh and authentic customer and shop experience. managers were fun and encouraged us to be ourselves. a 50% discount was offered on all products. the hardest part of the job was to keep smiling and feeling positive throughout the entire day, which is a given working in retail. the most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to connect with other people.
Pros
free samples, 50% discount
Cons
short breaks, crowded shop floor
Unorganized Managment
Floor Leader, Clerk, Stock (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMay 17, 2018
Lush is a wonderful company to work for, my poor working experience is entirely based on improper management. Lush as a company offers many training opportunities, and counselling every three months where you and your management are supposed to review your career goals and milestones you need to reach to get there. They offer health care to those who are full time, and paid time off according to the hours you work.

I mostly worked in the lush store in Atlantic City, which closed shortly after I left. The store was not doing well because of lack of business, and the company did not instill proper management because they planned not to renew the rental contract and close the location.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2