Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Amazing Experince
Distribute Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONDecember 15, 2017
management of lush is awesome. staff and supervising are helpful. In future I got a job I will ready to work with lush.so if you want to enjoy your work go ahead in seasonal in lush.
Pros
payment, bonus, vacation payment all are time
Cons
no cons
This place treated me like a dog
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 14, 2017
Started off okay, couldn't get the feel of the managers and then I realized wow, they do not care about anything that may go on in your life. Not only did they not care, they show favorites to certain people, and completely retaliate against your hours if you needed one day off. The environment was horrible, I absolutely dreaded going to work, there were only a few people that were actually worth the trip to work.
It's definitely a dog eat dog environment, it's like you do nothing right, and/or feel rewarded for the stuff you do right.
They don't pep you up, they don't make you feel the slightest okay.
Overall, love the products, would not work there ever again.

Also, I was core staff... a seasonal hire got promoted to full time, then floor leader, all before some of the core was even considered.

When the managers change, I'll considered shopping in store again, but I'll never work at that lush ever again.
Pros
Certian people, discount
Cons
Managers
Fun Workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 13, 2017
Lush is a great fun place to work. If you never had a job before then lush is the perfect job for you. The manager and workers that work there all help you if you need assistance with a customer. It really is a good job.But they just didn't give me enough hours when I was working seasonal because they hired too many seasonal associates.
Pros
50% discounts on entire store
Cons
Short breaks and not enough hours
Productive and fun workplace. People are energetic.
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Abu dhabiDecember 13, 2017
A Sales with Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics, where I have gained a reputation not only for my impressive work rate and integrity but also for my Self Confidence skills.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Fast Growing and Fun Company
Production Room Assistant- Miscellaneous Room (Current Employee) –  35 Jutland Rd, Toronto ONDecember 13, 2017
No day is ever the same day twice, so it requires an ability to think on one's feet. It's a massive company, and high-volume, so bring your A-game! I personally would have benefited from receiving more learning opportunities for those will the drive and capabilities to succeed, but it's a wonderful place to get your feet wet if your aim is to succeed business/supply chain/logistics!
Pros
Fun, enthusiastic work environment
Cons
Needs more learning opportunities for employees
A wonderful job, a very difficult career
Floor Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 12, 2017
I worked at Lush for 3 years at a few different shops and in different positions. The job is fantastic. Lush hires people that genuinely love cosmetics. The enthusiasm and joy you find in a Lush isn't an act.

However, advancement is very difficult. Lush has a bad habit of hiring outside even when they have current employees poised to take the role. It begins to feel fruitless to put in extra work to "train" for a job that you obviously won't be getting in the near future.

For a job, I can't recommend Lush enough. My best memories are at Lush and the company really has its heart in the right place. But as a career, it's pretty much a dead end.
Pros
great discount, incredible employees, ethics, excellent products, company culture to die for
Cons
little to no advancement, pay is too low for tasks required
The best work environment I have ever experienced.
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONDecember 9, 2017
Super fun, wonderfully community driven, inclusive, diverse team members made this a wonderful experience.
The job, life balance aspect of this job was fantastic, and I enjoyed every moment of my experience. You have to work very hard for this position to work for you, but I'm obsessed with LUSH products so it was very easy for me.
Pros
Friends and skills you make for life.
Cons
Kind of hard to get to, but not unreasonable.
Lush itself, great.
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 8, 2017
I love what Lush Cosmetic's stands for and strives to do, but it doesn't treat its employees fairly and isn't as "accepting" as they claim to be. Management was awful, and most of the other employees were catty, shallow, and rude. It may have been a location situation, but I've talked to other previous employees from other locations that have said the same thing.
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
Pretty much everything
Ownership delegate travel
Store Manager/Interim District Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 8, 2017
This company culture is amazing delegated si many task teaching me to become my own business owner I’ve traveled within the United States opening new stores hiring training managers and helped weaker stores build there store when didn’t hit the monthly target
Pros
Travel
Benefits
Educational and Fun Work Environment
Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 7, 2017
Lush Cosmetics is very different than any other retail position I've ever held. It is a wonderful company that tries hard to take care of their employees, their customers and the community around them. It can be a very close knit work environment but that can breed other problems, such as focus on worker's insecurities instead of the job, work/life balance or lack there of, and high school behaviors. I would totally recommend the company to anyone interested in saving the world but due be aware that each store has its own individual cultures.
fun and hard work .
lush emplyee (Current Employee) –  Cribbs Causeway, BristolDecember 3, 2017
Great place to work but management are the worst bullies ever . The supervisor team are power happy and controlling . Management are always in office . We have 79+ staff in a 2 man size tea room which is dirty and disgusting where one of or supervisors smokes her vaoe !!!. The toilets are full if excess boxes and recyclable pots that's customers bring back . Overall the back of lush is unfit for purpose . It needs a surprise visit from health and safety .
On a good note the pay is very good and you get lots of freebies. Good ethnics and wonderful customers .
Pros
50% discount. Great happy customers .
Cons
to many chief whips and not enough workers .
A great place to build a career
Finance (Former Employee) –  Poole, DorsetDecember 2, 2017
Lush is the ideal company to work for to gain a broad range of experience. There is plenty of opportunity to grow your career and move into roles in line with ambition.
Pros
Free massages
Cons
Occasional long hours away
Super fun
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 29, 2017
It was very fun and a little fast paced at first but it soon becomes easy. There were a lot of different products to remember but it soon became easy to talk and describe products to customers. Must keep a clean appearance.
Pros
Great team atmosphere
Cons
So few locations
Fun retail job for anyone who loves cosmetics and skincare
SENIOR SALES AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 29, 2017
Super fun job. Company has great ethics. Work environment was great and very energetic. Have the ability to move up and potentially work in different areas for the company the longer you are there. Great benefits for full time employees.
productive and full of fun workplace
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiNovember 28, 2017
Its a convenient work place with a lot of fun. dancing to boost the atmosphere and strong team work with effective management team.Training and and developing every one is the interesting part.
Pros
one hour and half break but seaperate
Cons
normal hours.
Fun and supportive
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLNovember 27, 2017
Lots of fun to work in an environment that is very welcoming to anyone with tattoos, piercings, sexuality, race and many more. We also get paid good bonuses during holidays added on to our hourly pay.
Pros
Sales, discounts
Cons
Lack hours
Great place for work experience
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea CityNovember 27, 2017
I very much enjoyed my time working at LUSH and felt they were helpful and understanding of my time constraints due to school and were flexible with my hours.
Pros
flexible hours, friendly staff, helpful as I had never worked before
Cons
short lunch
Love the products, but not the job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MINovember 26, 2017
Loved working there, great staff, great discounts on products, but not enough hours and did not get paid very much.Dealing with mostly aggressive customers on low pay is not fun, but getting free samples of the products makes it a little better.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
short breaks, low pay and very little hours
Ambiente de trabajo divertido
vendedor de piso (Current Employee) –  JaliscoNovember 26, 2017
La administración que tienen es mala,deberían tener más organización.
Pros
Seguro médico, un día de descanso a la semana y un fin de semana al mes
Cons
No nos dejan comer y no respetan los horarios como son
Lush
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GautengNovember 23, 2017
Beside the hipsters, its a pretty cool place to work for a student who needs job experience and a somewhat above minuimum wage salary.
Horrible choice as a career path though.
Pros
Free products
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2