Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Conscious Creative Company
Floor Lead (Former Employee) –  Farmington, UTOctober 12, 2018
LUSH is passionate about ending cosmetic testing on animals, working with local and global charities, as well as innovating environmentally friendly products that are fun and easy to use. Those reasons are why I joined the company. I was brought on as a part-time Floor Lead with the promise of being full-time 2 months after starting. The process was slow, however, because just the hiring process alone took two months, with a lot of my time being spent wondering if they still wanted to hire me. The hiring managers would take weeks to respond, which left me feeling disheartened. I left LUSH because I was nothing more than a glorified sales advisor. My managers never took my development seriously, so I was never trained to be the title I was hired to be. Instead of being full-time I worked about 8 hours a week even after the date I was supposed to be full-time. I felt unwanted, regardless of how much I wanted to be a part of the culture, company, and team.
Pros
50% off merchandise
Cons
Short breaks
great fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford StreetOctober 12, 2018
nice place to work company has really good core beleifs so its great to work somewhere that invest so much in the enviroment. also the store smells so nice.
Fun working environment
Sales Advisor/Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  BirminghamOctober 12, 2018
The company holds great values and really appreciates all that its staff does for them. They are an innovative company always striving for the best. There is plenty of room to grow within the company so if you have certain talents they will be enhanced. I would highly recommend working in a smaller store as the bigger ones (Birmingham) sometimes lose the core values of the company and can become difficult to work in however the smaller stores have a real family feeling and make you feel right at home.
Wonderful Company
SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR, FLOOR LEADER, & TRAINER (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 9, 2018
Lush is a great company to work for if you have the opportunity. They are progressive and forward-thinking, always prioritizing their values over senselessly making money. Most importantly, they will develop you and teach your valuable skills you can apply to jobs for years to come.
Productive and fun workplace
Picker - Picked products (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONOctober 9, 2018
Productive and fun workplace with friendly and kind coworkers. patient with new employees and very helpful when needed. management were very helpful as well.
Seasonal
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 7, 2018
I worked as a seasonal employee and for the most part I really loved it. The morals and ethics of the company are one I can get by, and I honestly felt like I was making a difference. The discount and the amount of free products was awesome, I still have a bag of lush stuff a year later. The people and management were pretty amazing, and it was fun learning about all the products.

What I didn't like was how pushy you had to be as a sales person, customers would literally walk around irritated with how we were. I hated the scheduling as well, it could change literally last minute without them asking me if it was ok. I felt like that was disrespectful of my time. And honestly I don't find the pay and the hours that great for the sheer amount of work we had to do.
Pros
Environment, free product, ethics
Cons
weird hours, inconsistent schedule, low pay, pushy sales
a fun and messy experience
Product Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONOctober 5, 2018
Pressing powder into molds and pouring hot oils into trays. What i learned was all the work that involved in making bath bombs. Staff was very upbeat and enthusiastic. The hardest part of the job was standing on my feet all day. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the finished product.
Fun place to work at with the right management
Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 5, 2018
I assisted customers with products, including but not limited to demonstrations, product knowledge, sampling, and linking to similar options. I also coordinated inventory ordering, receiving, organization, and freshness with a team under my direction. Trained new hires and groomed sales associates for promotion. Assisted customers with transactions including specialized transactions like returns, employee purchases, and special discounts. I received extensive training in skincare, haircare, and body products designed to suit a variety of needs, both standard and special.
Pros
great discount, free product, fun atmosphere, great company ethics
Cons
short breaks, high energy, poor management
Great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmington, UTOctober 4, 2018
Fun workplace with energetic environment, flexible work schedule, product knowledge classes provided and great way to give back with a great company service
Company with great morals behind it
Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 3, 2018
Lush is a very innovative company that has a lot of growth potential for those who align with their ethics. They are also a campaigning company, which is an amazing way for bring political and social change into a cosmetics realm.
N/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 3, 2018
I was a sales associate at Lush Cosmetics. In a typical day, I would work on the cash register, stock certain items in the store, and keep the store clean and safe.
Fun place to work for the young at heart.
Production Manufacturing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONOctober 3, 2018
Working with diverse individuals of cultural backgrounds, sharing how to increase productivity. Being informed of different products. I learned how to work as a team, and using technological devices. Needed improvement on managerial skills. The physical aspect of the job was the hardest. Enjoyed receiving new and different products, and making new friends and relationships.
Pros
Free variety of Starbucks coffee, and products.
Cons
Long hours, low wages.
A Great Spot to Develop Sales Talent
Lush Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 29, 2018
Wonderful people, wonderful ethics and amazing products! LUSH is held accountable by their employees and they care! Helpful feedback from upper management on how to improve performance.
Pros
Discounts
Good temporary Job, terrible long term
Machine Operator / Shipper (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 24, 2018
Terrible Management
Inconsistent schedules

Hires way too many seasonal workers when there's not enough production for core staff.

Management needs a major overhaul.

Poor Communication between management and workers
Pros
50% discount, company pays you to learn about environmental issues
Cons
Don't expect job security, terrible career advancement opportunity
Best job I’ve had
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, CardiffSeptember 21, 2018
One of the most supportive environments I’ve worked in. I’ve really struggled with my mental health but the management team were so supportive in helping me continue to work and get better.
The pay was great, way above the industry standard and rotas were always up 4 weeks in advance which I’ve never had in a retail job before.
I got so much training to do my job and felt like they really wanted me to do well. There’s a strong feedback culture but it was always to help you do your job.
Some people struggled with this but ultimately they just didn’t want to work hard and were called out on it.
Great staff perks like spa treatments, discount and flexible days off if you give enough notice.
Gutted to leave because of moving home
Pros
Management team
Cons
Heavily customer facing
great experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONSeptember 20, 2018
I enjoyed working here whole staff was motivated positive and helpful. My whole family enjoyed trying the products! I would highly recommend this position if you are interested in doing retail sales and getting a really good positive experience under your belt.
Lush
Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  AlaskaSeptember 19, 2018
Attentive customer quality is the name and going above and beyond for your customers is the game . Lots of opportunity to develop your skills sets to move upward within the company .
Pros
discount, MTF health care coverages .
Cons
non-paid half hour lunches .
I love working for a great company like lush but somethings need to change
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 18, 2018
I do love working for Lush, but it has its downfalls. I'm a really hard worker and i fell that my store tends to take advantage of that. I have worked for Lush for almost 2 years and i remember within the first week of me working (i came on during the holidays) i was called in last minute almost everyday and pushed into areas I hadn't been fully trained in yet and didn't feel that confident in, and had to learn and assimilate REALLY quickly. I work really hard and push my self while checking with every customer and check them out while making samples, and demoing products, and using down time to restock and clean around the shop and even take out trash etc. Then i look around and see my coworkers that have been there for YEARS kind of just standing around, not really helping out much. Even when approached and told what to help out with on and change to help more, nothing really changes. I have talked to multiple people from other shops and almost all of them have agreed on having a problem like this. Also the inconsistency of the hours bothers basically everyone i work with and talked to. Right now I’m under Part time, but only get scheduled to work casual hours (about 10-15 hours a week). Then when Christmas comes i get over worked and scheduled about 40 + hours a week. Like i said, i love working for a great and ethically aware company like Lush and I love all the creative products, and i have made friends with basically everyone on staff (and a few customers!) but these problems are big ones that i know aren’t just at my shop. Lush spends all their time worrying about their  more... customers that sometimes they forget to think about the staff.  less
Pros
discount on products, samples to take and try, made amazing friends, learning about new ways to better the world and get involved with charities etc.
Cons
consistent hard work for almost no appreciation or acknowledgement, inconsistent hours
One of the best work environments I've ever been in
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 17, 2018
I spent collectively two years at LUSH, and loved every day of it. It is an environment of respect and love, and is very much a family-oriented type of job. The customer base is, for the most part, very regular and loyal, as well as being diverse. There is always something new to learn and sell, so there is a level of fluidity to the job and it is ideal for people who can handle an ever changing line of product.
However, there is little incentive to work outside of scheduled hours, as there's a tendency to outside hire for lower management positions rather than promote from inside. Hours are also very competitive and sometimes scarce. There is a lot to keep up with and it can be quite stressful, but compared to other retail jobs, LUSH definitely beats any other in terms of a friendly environment and a willingness to help from upper leadership if you ask for it.
Pros
Discounts, general culture
Cons
Lack of advancement inside shop, few active resources
Un poco duro
Vendedor/Dependiente (Former Employee) –  Barcelona provinciaSeptember 17, 2018
Ha sido una experiencia muy mixta porque por un lado me sentía agusto tratando con el cliente pero a su misma vez mal porque sabes que los que están por encima tuyo prácticamente te están presionando para que vendas y vendas y vendas. El ambiente de trabajo es bueno entre los staff, pero los que están por encima de ti solo hacen más que presionar para que llegues a los objetivos de dinero marcados y vendas mucho. Tema horarios es lo que más me ha afectado:

Si trabajas en Lush olvídate de tener vida social, porque cada día te dan unas horas diferentes y una jornada diferente, a veces incluso te cambian los días de trabajo el día anterior para su convenio. Todo va segú "Las necesidades de la tienda".

Los sueldos como concepto no están mal, per la realidad es que cada mes se cobraba diferente, a veces no te pagan horas extra, ni hay pagas dobles ni aumento de sueldo...

Cada día al entrar te hace un "Check-in", que se basa en que tu supervisor/a te explica la cantidad de dinero que hemos ganado hoy, el objetivo (que es el dinero al que quieren que llegues). el positivo (que es el dinero que se hizo este mismo día hace justo un año), la conversión (que son todas las personas que han entrado en la tienda y han comprado algo), la venta media (Una media de lo que ganamos por ticket) Y luego te suelen hacer una actividad para que aprendas algo, una formación sobre cualquier cosa o lo que sea. Te dicen que si llegas a objetivo durante nosecuantos días al final cobrarás un bonus;

Hay tres bonus que puedes cobrar, el 5%, el 10% o el 15%. Está muy bien, el problema es que
  more... si por ejemplo llegas al 14%, cobrarás el 10%, pero ese 4% se lo queda la empresa, por lo tanto, si no llegas a lo que te piden, no te dan ese esfuerzo de más. (creo que me he explicado bien)

Hay muchos valores de la empresa que ya ni siquiera me los creo, como por ejemplo el tema de reciclaje, nosotros lo tirábamos todo al mismo sitio y luego se llevaba al contenedor de fuera, y cuando los clientes nos traían los 5 botes por el tema de la promoción, tampioco se enviaban a fábrica, y lo tirábamos al mismo contenedor también

En general, trabjar en Lush no es nada del otro mundo, de hecho preferiría trabajar en algo en lo que no me obliguen 24/7 a estar feliz y sonreír, porque la verdad es que es agotador.

Y en cuanto al tema contrato, a mí me dijeron que me lo iban a renovar, incluso me pusieron en los horarios de los meses siguentes, y yo tan feliz pensando que iba a poder trabajar porque saía en los horarios, pues no xd, dos semanas antes de que mi contrato se terminase mi Trainy (la supervisora) me llevó al almacén y me dijo que no me renovarían el contrato por disponibilidad horaria (lo que es irónico porque antes de que contrataran a gente con horarios de mañanas, yo ya pedí horarios de mañanas en el futuro.)

En fin, la verdad es que no lo recomiendo como trabajo porque es muy estresante y es un trabajo del que es muy muy difícil desconectar.
Pros
Los compañeros, que te puedes llevar muestras de todo, la música, puedes ir al baño cuando quieras.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2