Lowe's Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

I really enjoyed working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDDecember 14, 2017
I left only because I got a new job that did not require me to work evenings or Sundays. I started in outdoor garden department then moved to inside garden and sales of power equipment.
I would work for them again. Superr company.
Cabinet Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLDecember 14, 2017
Felt like home, wish I would have never left
Great company, well run and supportive of their employees. I regret leaving. This company is awesome!.
Dead end
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaDecember 14, 2017
This is a dead end job and not a career. Do not work here if you are seeking to make this a long term job. It will suck the life out of you and kill your work life balance.
Great customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita caDecember 12, 2017
Instructed my management to work with every customer to deliver them to the right department and get the best quality answers to there questions. very friendly working environment.
lowes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CA 95624December 12, 2017
Very informative i learned a lot about various trades, and the components that existed in them. I recommend working at lowes to build knowledge of the trades and customer service skills
Pros
informative
Cons
seasonal
Great learning opportunities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2017
Meet and interacted with lots of customers and had the opportunity of learn to handle multiple situations, had a supportive management staff and most of the employees seemed to be happy to be at work
Great company very nice break room
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 11, 2017
This is a very family oriented place, they have fun workshop's for children to learn to build things and for adults. Very clean well organized company with a wide experience of there products.
Decent place, good pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXDecember 10, 2017
Managment was awful. Pay was above average. Customers are usually in a bad mood. HR was never there when you needed him. Poor structure. The company just is not the same.
Stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cranberry Township, PADecember 10, 2017
When I first started at Lowes it was a great place to work with great people. They are now moving to 75% part time and 25% full time staffing to save on payroll. People that know what they are doing are pulled in several different directions often being over whelmed while others get away with doing quite literally nothing. Management is unprofessional and speaks poorly about associates in front of other associates.
Typical retail
Appliance Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYDecember 8, 2017
When I started at Lowe's 2 years ago, I was told by the employees that the culture at Lowe's was better than the average retail job. This of course was when there were multiple ASMs, department managers, 1 selling system and a healthy amount of full-time staff. The company is trying to advance financially by cutting the workforce any chance they get. No more department managers means less knowledgeable leaders, and overworked SSMs. Once again, cutting full-time opportunities means less knowledgeable staff and putting part-time kids on the floor who have little vested interest in learning the department(s) they are working in. If you happen to be a self-motivated worker, expect to be hired for one job, but told to work in different departments whether you want to/have any training whatsoever. Lowe's has decided to pinch pennies by sweeping out the foundation from under the company. Understaffed, under-trained, and underpaid staff in a customer service driven company is going to deter customers in the long run.
Fairly easy job, not enough hours.
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Athens, OHDecember 8, 2017
If you can land a full time job at Lowe's I'm sure it's a great experience. I just can't make it on 800 dollars a month. The management is tossed around by corporate as they please. I've seen managers become sales associates and specialists and make less because corporate decides to change the structure.
Pros
Easy going, Garden Center is peaceful to work in
Cons
Low hours, corporate throws around management structure.
Paint
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 7, 2017
really fun working there but could sometimes be bad days. Also, they took care of you when you need time off for a family emergency. The company cares for it's people
Great Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springville, NYDecember 7, 2017
Working at Lowes was FUN. I worked the inside lawn and garden department. Just after I was hired the department manager was after a 5% increase in sales for the year, we ended with a 15% increase in sales. It was a team effort. Lowes gave me a chance to expand my sales efforts by sending me to training schools which gave me a chance to sell product with a better understanding. I would love to go back to work for Lowes.
Pros
Great working condishions
Cons
would have liked full time
Great employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIDecember 7, 2017
Overall a decent place to have a job although long term employees are not treated with the respect they deserve and there are those that make bad decisions for the store. Also a great lack of communication between department heads.
Lovely coworkers and usually busy
Sales Associate and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Denton, TX HDecember 5, 2017
On a typical day of work I would clock in and start my "to do" list. I would rush through what I needed to do so that I can make my department look nicer and help out other coworkers. The workers were outstanding and were entertaing to be around and I didn't mind going a few extra steps to help them. Management was fair and always had an agenda, but they would take time out of their day to attend to specific departments or customers. The hardest part of the job was constant people, both fellow employees and customers, asking favors and directions while I was still working on my "to do" list. However, the most enjoyable part was associating with the same customers and coworkers that were kind and had a outstanding personality.
Pros
enjoyable people
Cons
very heavy "to do" list
Awesome Place To Work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mayodan, NCDecember 4, 2017
It was fair and the managers treated you like people. The pay is good for what type of work it is and every employee is a friend there. They really take care of their employees and make sure each one is happy.
Fast paced, customer oriented
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kansas City metro areaDecember 4, 2017
A lot of work, with too much turnover of employees. With high turnover, consistently training the basics. Had start times of 4am and 1 pm all in the same week.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Had to take a 1 hour lunch
Your experience will depend of your team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seekonk, MADecember 4, 2017
I was lucky to work with a great group of people there, but seasonal employees or "bad apples" could put a damper on things. Otherwise, it was always easy to enjoy the work hours.

I'd recommend you volunteer to take care of a specific area/set of products, and make sure it's always stocked and top stocked correctly. Managers notice and you'll be recognized for your work. It may help you advance in the company.
busy hard working place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIDecember 3, 2017
Stock shelves, Maintains sales floor
Assist store patrons with exceptional customer service
provide customer service with a helping hand
heavy lifting
lowes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCDecember 1, 2017
You can bust your behind and the people who do not even do half of the work you do get praised. Everyone has poor attitudes. Everyone is rude. I do three times my job and I don't get paid enough for what I do and deal with. Very disorganized.