Lowe's Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

My experience in Lowes Retail
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Glen Carbon, ILJuly 17, 2018
Enjoyed working with the public and aid them in making decisions about what they were wanting to purchase. Worked at providing options for the customer of available products as possible. This was one of my favorite opportunities in working in this position.

I found the hardest part of this position to be finding the correct equipment when needed to put the stock away.

In working this position I was introduced to their new compute system and enjoyed the flexibility and availability of looking product and availability up on the computer.
Did cookouts for emplayee's for rewards.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 13, 2018
Customer service.
I would clean, organize, and stock the department. Wait on customers and help the best way I could.
Management was improving. New managers were being trained.
Most enjoyable was working with the customers any way that I could.
Pros
Would do cookouts for the employees.
Cons
Fellow employees not wanting to do their job.
Great place, Crazy hours
Sales Associate, Owen (Current Employee) –  Owens Cross Roads, ALJuly 12, 2018
Working part time for Lowe's has helped me work with school. Great place to work at and very friendly environment as well. Hours are crazy you have to flexible and management are good to work with as well.
Pros
Friendly environment, Great co-workers
Cons
Crazy hours
Do not I repeat do not work here
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLJuly 12, 2018
When I first started working at Lowes I thought this would be a good job to work for until I found a much better job, unfortunately I learned the hard way about the horrors of working at Lowes. Horrible managers, always cutting hours, the workers they have the maturity level of high shoolers. You'd be lucky to even get 25 hours a week as part time. Management will always find a way to cut employees hours. Lowes practically frown upon upon taking breaks and if you work outside, be sure to bring a water bottle with you, they frown upon going inside to use the bathroom and to get a drink.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Too much to list
A Starting Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 10, 2018
The company was nice, but was prone to change as they struggle to stay cutting edge. Wages were nice for a starting job but moving the your pay up could be really difficult.
Nice Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 9, 2018
I worked here temporarily. The team are so helpful, work is not really hard. Except that your work schedule (time and day) keeps on changing every week.
Plays favorites
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJuly 4, 2018
Not a good place to work unless you are part of the chosen favorites. Would be a good place to work if HR didn't give all of the positions and opportunities to there favorites.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad management, no discipline, too much drama
It’s a great place they are employee oriented
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 3, 2018
I worked for Lowe’s about 4 1/2 Year’s ago in outside lawn and garden. They are a wonderful company to work for. Lowe’s promotes from within and they let us know what is available. They also have hood benefits.
Pros
Benefits and if we make sales quotas they have like pizza parties or other
Cons
Can’t think of any
Great Company, Bad Management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gresham, ORJuly 3, 2018
Lowes is a great company, however with the changes they made in management the stores have been struggling to succeed. Typically there is not enough associates on the floor anymore, and the few people who are on the floor have issues with trying to help out as much as they can.
Good People
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oak Park Heights, MNJuly 2, 2018
There are a lot of good people that work there. Alot are hard workers. Some slackers too. There's alot of new workers right now. Lost alot of the old staff so it's stressful. If you know alot cause you've been there a while your pulled in many directions at once.
It's a job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  La Habra, CAJuly 1, 2018
If your going to school and need some extra spending cash, this was a fairly relaxed environment. Run of the mill, hardware store experience. Did learn a lot though.
Terrible Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 30, 2018
Management is terrible. The hours are cut so much and employees can't help the customers. Managers don't support the employees because any issues managers dodge customers.
Pros
Something different everyday
Cons
Terrible managers
Ok place for a teen to get work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 29, 2018
If you are trying to support a family don't even apply. The pay is peanuts and the way you are treated and talked to by certain managers is infuriating!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor management, pay isn't near where it should be
Healthy Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 27, 2018
Lowe's gave me a healthy work environment that I wanted to come back to every day. It made work fun and not miserable like many retail jobs. I would stay at Lowe's full time if there was a store I could've transferred to.
Typical retail job, good people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 26, 2018
Enjoyed learning a new skill, enjoyed the people and management. This is the kind of work I have done for 20+ years and fit right in with company/department.
Pros
People, Repeat Customers
Cons
Hours cut in Dec. until after New Year
Great Place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLJune 25, 2018
Great place to work for! Would recommend any body to work for! Great envoriment.Will work around 2 jobs. Great managament! Great discounts for employees.
Work Life
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJune 25, 2018
Over all I was happy working for Lowes. However, The schedules were very chaotic, and always changed. Management, and employees were very good to work for.
Co-workers were amazing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAJune 24, 2018
Lowes had no sense of work/life balance. It's mainly for how the do the scheduling. They would keep more reliable people if you weren't closing one night and have to be there by 430am to open. And the new management system is horrible. I lost so many good bosses and people lost their jobs that have worked there for years because of this.
Pros
Hour breaks, customers, and co-workers
Cons
Management and hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Plainville, CTJune 23, 2018
I enjoy working here I feel like they're very flexible with the hours and they're great people. I've learned spot on the computer as long as working with customers and providing customer service.
it's an alright place to work.
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Millington, TNJune 22, 2018
It is an alright place to work, considering the poor management inside the store. Workload was heavy and the man-power to complete projects and tasks, were very low. I would go back and work here if the pay was better and the management cared.

58.1K