Lowe's Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Active work day different every day
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 19, 2018
Lowe's was a fun place to work for and I still want to work for it. But they cap salaries making it difficult to advance and the rotating work schedule make it difficult to find a second job.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Rotating work schedule, salary caps, no original thinking.
easy going
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 19, 2018
it's a lay back work place. it will be a great work place if they hired and pay the people that actually work what they deserved. work flow and employees are great but they just don't have the aditional help they need most of the time.
Productive working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 19, 2018
This company provides a relaxed yet productive working environment. Well organized and usually fun to work with staff. Offers flexible working hours and provides a sense of purpose.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
No free meals
a place you can grow
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bryant, AROctober 18, 2018
As long as your management team is good. Lowes has great benefits for part time and full time associates. I currently work at a store that isn't up to the lowes standards, but I feel like our new store manager has that under control.
the equivilent of free gym membership
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAOctober 17, 2018
As a sales associate I am on my feet all the time, walking or standing while doing work. The exercise is great. Interacting with customers can be both the most enjoyable part of the day and not so much. Some have good ideas for their project. Others only a concept that we need to work out details for. It can be interesting. Many part time coworkers have Lowe's as their second job and have worked there for years.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
concrete floors
Always Something to do
Tools Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Union, NJOctober 15, 2018
You may work in one department of the store, but in actuality you work in your department and a little bit in every other department. which would make you somewhat well-rounded with the store. It doesn't matter if you know a lot or a little about home improvement, you will end up learning new everyday.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long Shifts
Great peopl
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rockingham, NCOctober 12, 2018
I have been with Lowes for one year and I have enjoyed the company and serving there customers even though management could have been better, I love that them.
Going downhill
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Alachua, FLOctober 8, 2018
Lowes used to be an amazing company to work for that treated its employees with respect and great pay. I am saddened to say that time has pass. Like so many others I am now seeking a change in career due to the changes made within the company that has taken its toll on so many of us. I hope in the future they will adopt their old policies once more, but for now I cannot make ends meet with the pay reductions that they have given to myself and hundreds of my colleagues. We make half of what we used to. And they have terminated many positions that were Necessary for the proper functioning of this company. At twice the work load and half the pay, it has become a very stressful and negative environment. It has taken its toll on all of us. As a lower level employee Lowes has made it VERY clear of its loss of compassion for it's hard working and knowledgeable staff.
fun workplace and great environment
Sales Associate El Paso TX (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 3, 2018
Helping customers find what they came in looking for. stocked and labelled shelves and merchandise. Did some cashier work whenever the lines got really long and just basically did customer service
Pros
good people, flexible hours
Cons
Having to work in the lumber department
Great starter job for someone just getting into the real world
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCOctober 2, 2018
Warehouse job. Great place to work, however management could be better. Lacks organization from management. Overall, it is a decent job with reasonable benefits.
Hard work with good people
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 1, 2018
My typical day was either 6:30 to 2:30 or 2 til 11 pm. I started in the store when it was a new build and the teamwork was fantastic. Most people worked very hard to do their best, and our department managers were exceptional people. The hardest part of the job was the concrete floors! Also breaks could get lost as it is difficult to walk away from a customer.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wise, VASeptember 28, 2018
Lowe's store 1678 needs to get rid of the store manager and hr manager the store manager wouldn't know a good employee from mud and the hr manager is to busy trying to get in every males pants
Great Place to work
Sales Associate- Electrical & Lighting (Current Employee) –  Merced, CASeptember 27, 2018
I really enjoy working at Lowe's. All of my coworkers are really nice and I've learned a lot about all things electrical working in that department. I'm a student and they are really accommodating with my schedule since it changes every semester.
Love Lowes Life
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INSeptember 26, 2018
I LOVE LOWES Management us caring and supportive. They have a business to run and hold people accountable. I love the opportunities to grow with the company but also the opportunity to grow outside the company. I can get free training and certification for a trade program and they even give me resources for apprenticeships. Tuition reimbursement and college discounts. I cant complain growth opportunities are there. Schedule is rough but other than that I love Lowes.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Schedule
Fun productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WASeptember 23, 2018
You would help assist customers with their needs, such as helping them find what they are looking for or help them load stuff into their cars. As well as help other employes around the store
Lots of fun things to learn about!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Titusville FLSeptember 20, 2018
There are lots of training classes available. Those things may include plumbing, electrical, lawn and garden and also outdoor planting tips. They are limitless on things to learn and new things to do.
Management is a little strict when customer has a bad day and take it to far as to scream and yell at the cashier because we ask for the last four digets of the card as a part of the proceedure. The customer thought I was steeling info.

The hardest part of Lowes work conditions is outside unloading plants in heat and taking care of customers demands in a friendly manor when overheated. The fun part is seeing all those beautiful flowers.
Pros
Good training classesand also 401k
Cons
Strict management and over punishment.
Not going to be what you expect
Pro Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 15, 2018
You can tell which old timers worked with which managers by how they get treated on the schedule and how little work they do.
New management approach leaves no one really accountable, so the managers blame each other, deny responsibility, and your concerns never are addressed.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
The job you you apply for is not the job you're going to do, Managers will schedule where they need you.
Lowe’s has no family values
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 15, 2018
Not the best places to work if your trying to make a career out of it. They lie to you on a daily basis and there’s no team work. Managers arent reliable and they promise you things but at the end of the day it’s always a let down.
Pros
Paid leave
Cons
Long hours, no team work
Working At Lowes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GASeptember 14, 2018
Great place to work, fast paced. Hard to advance until someone leaves or retires. Very hard to get full time employment. Their business model now is to hire mostly part time. would rather hire 2 part time people then one full time
Great co-workers treated more like family
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Destin, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Lowe's is a great company to work for. Its never felt just like a job. Most of the associates feel like family more than anything else. I've learned so much from co-workers and customers alike, to further my knowledge of products and installation of products.
Pros
Break room, diverse associates
Cons
healthcare, management is one sided.

58.5K