Lowe's Employee Reviews for Department Manager

no comet
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNSeptember 17, 2018
I don't have any thing to say about Lowes, I liked working there. it had its good thing and it had its bad things. Pay wasn't the best. never let you have any over time, and you always had to work weekends.
Pros
good work condationd
Cons
pay
Good Place
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tucson AZ OracleSeptember 16, 2018
Liked working there the company seems to becoming greater and finding more
Ways to grabbing pro sales. As we know the internet is taking all retailers out I hope Lowe’s comes out shing. Great people and management work for Lowe’s.
Pros
Great people work there.
Cons
Schedules
Customer Service
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Opelika, AL 36801September 15, 2018
Bad Management good companies to work for need to train management better stop them from lying so much, best about working for this companies is working with customer. never trust the store manager
cutthroat
department manager (Current Employee) –  Alabama City, ALSeptember 14, 2018
I would not work there if i knew now what I didnt know then.Terrible upper level management. The worst I have ever seen.Amazing how the doors stay open.
Pros
Cons
upper management
Enjoyed the experiences.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 14, 2018
Lowes is a good company, they had a lot of opportunity advancement. They put me in position to be successful by utilizing my skill set. I enjoyed working with people and management.
Pros
Working with great people.
Cons
Hours were somewhat long.
retail work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 14, 2018
this is a typical retail job, weekends and holidays are worked, you do have a monthly schedule that is usually set so you can have a little bit of a life you don't normally get in a retail environment
Great when I was there
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 12, 2018
The company was great to me when I was there. I earned my pay, they had a lot of work to do each day and the people were good. Did they sometimes hire people without experience, yes. What company can say they never have? Do they have kinks to always work out? Absolutely! If you do your job each day, follow their guidelines and get things done you can grow within the company.
Pros
Benefits, vacation time, discounts
Cons
Scheduling, work/life balance
Should have been more fair
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 11, 2018
Department managers got the butt and so did some ASM’s and Sales Managers just so CEO could have a better retirement . Lowe’s could have kept these people and taken their title away but they didn’t want to pay them
Pros
Great people
Cons
Bad management
Started out great
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Tarentum PASeptember 9, 2018
First it was a great job. Over time something changed and I was targeted. My schedule changed to all closings. If you aren’t in with the manager then your an outsider.
needs help
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARAugust 29, 2018
every 2-3 years the fire their dept managers and put 1 person over 3 depts. a year or 2 later they see their mistake and hire dept managers. 2 years later the cycle repeats.
Lowes
Seasonal Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAAugust 29, 2018
I liked it here. Was a shift in management that was my undoing. I went from a manager willing to teach me to one who didn't care. Couldn't shift my schedule around to better run the department I was in
Pros
great people
Cons
family/work balance
Exceptional Leader in home improvement
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 23, 2018
Initiated the day with overall inventory count which provided product availability. Managers were always available for associates with any questions or needed help. Great culture to work in
Fast pace, always changing
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 17, 2018
Company has lots of room for advancement. Lots of training if you show the desire and want. Management will vary from store to store and style to style. Lowe's is a good company and has been extremely strong through all the economic times
Pros
Lots of advancement
Cons
All different hours and days
stressful
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 17, 2018
typical retail environment, expect more for less. very demanding credit card goals. most low level managers are very young and have little leadership skills.
Very rewarding company..
Department Manager-Freight Flow/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, ARAugust 17, 2018
Very rewarding company to work for with a long list of benefits and great incentives. If you start out young, you can retire a millionaire by the time you reach retirement age.
Company geared for customer service
Department Manager, Cashier (Former Employee) –  MaineAugust 15, 2018
The store (following the company's expectations) was geared towards the best customer service, trying to anticipate The customers needs and fulfilling all aspects we could. Doing this while providing a safe, friendly workplace. The company showed their gratitude by providing incentives and made sure extensive training was provided. The company also recognized an employee's dedication.
Pros
Friendly work environment, Management was knowledgeable and helpful. Made sure the employees needs were met
Cons
I really enjoyed working there so I am not sure I can think of any
great work place
Department manager of electric and paint (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, COAugust 14, 2018
Lowes was an amazing place to work, i personally advanced in many places with my career at lowes. The associates were treated like family. The managers stood by their associates in many situations.
Company destroying customer experience by getting rid of experienced full time employees, hiring inexperienced part time employees.
Department Sales Manager, Lowe's Home Improvement (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 10, 2018
Company eliminated dept manager position, in essence firing 15,000-20,000 full time knowledgeable employees, replacing them with part time, inexperienced people. Customer experience damaged by this, and employee morale at an all time low. Management shows favoritism with some employees, which also is hurting morale. I was told I could stay with the company if I took a different position (which paid 37% less) but I would still be doing the same job. MOST of the employees are good, hard working people... like family. Company is moving in the wrong direction, hiring the guy as CEO that ran JCPenny's into the ground. He will do the same for Lowe's.
Pros
Employees were like family
Cons
Poorly trained upper management, showing favoritism to some employees
First job
Department Manager Admin and Front End (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 10, 2018
I started off as a cashier and worked up to admin manager. I enjoyed my time there but was tired of missing out on family time due to the demanding hours and schedule.
Pros
discounts
Cons
hours
Lowe's
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKAugust 9, 2018
Great place to work, I enjoyed working with the staff. The hours were favorable. The Store Manager and the management itself were excellent. The promotion opportunities are good.
Pros
Cons
Weekend Hours

58.4K