Lowe's Employee Reviews for Department Manager

Fun working environment
Department Manager Installed Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 19, 2018
I really liked working at Lowes. They take care of their employees and provide the resources and training to be able to do your job to the full potential
Great company with customer focus.
Department Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJune 18, 2018
Reward hard work and out of the box thinking.
Let more decisions be done at the store level.
Listen to ideas from store associates.
Understand the customer is not always right.
Fun Workplace due to staff
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCJune 13, 2018
The staff are amazing to work with. They laugh and have fun to enjoy themselves. The benefits are good. The customers are great though depending they can be tiring just like any customer service job.
Pros
Staff and long lunches
Cons
Too much change
The job was always challenging.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNJune 10, 2018
The training that I received was very intense and accurate.I was encouraged to find my own solutions which I could review with my supervisor. There was always some new skill to conquer.
Over all store
Product Services Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 8, 2018
Lowes is a high paced environment, in which I enjoyed working. I did not like the lack of communication shown by upper management. Policies not followed on a consistent basis.
stock and receving
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJune 7, 2018
good job but no job security good benefits, there is no advancement no more, hard to get ahead in the company good benefits, you will stay busy but full time is not there
Nice staff
Plumbing Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJune 6, 2018
Good place the hours can be tough. I learned a lot about retail store operation. The hardest part was not many customers at times. The good part was the different staff to work with.
Pros
Staff appreciation
Cons
Some rude customers
stressful environment
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJune 5, 2018
start of the day is pretty easy which turns hectic as the shift about to end due to task needs to be completed no matter how busy you get.
working at lowe's learned a lot about different parts of the house and maintenance of the house also ho to upgrade a house.
management can be really pushy depending who is on shift.
the hardest part of the job is to complete task through out the day which does not include helping customers.
the enjoyable part of Lowe's life is meeting with different people some can be really pain in you know what i mean!!! some can be the nicest people you will ever meet.
Pros
experience and home improvement
Cons
shift schedule and management
A learning experience.
Department Manager Electrical (Former Employee) –  Carefree, AZJune 5, 2018
I enjoyed learning the whole store and about the many departments there and learning to help the customers with many of their needs. Advancement was not always a possibility.
Pros
Coworkers and customers.
Cons
Lack of Management support and advancement.
Use to be a GREAT Company to work for not anymore
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKJune 5, 2018
Everything was great besides the work rotation. Real tight knit group of people you loved working with and could depend on. They're trying to be too much like other retail stores. It's made them awful to work for now.
Cons
Retail hours
Learned high demand sales.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJune 5, 2018
In this job, I learned the fast pace that is needed in sales. I managed 3 departments and was able to have 37 people under me. I leaned the demand of having quotas and to be able to achieve the goal. I was also trained by the many great managers and an excellent store manager which had to leave.
Productive, fun environment
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJune 3, 2018
My favorite job.. team oriented branch was efficient, friendly, and productive... Almost all managers were pleasant and accommodating.. learned a lot from my immediate supervisor
Pros
Stable, friendly work environment
Loved the type of work.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DEJune 3, 2018
Lowes was a great place to work and other employees are friendly and helpful. Managers needed to learn the old fashion way as I did and they would understand more of the employees and the customers as they come first for a business to grow.
Pros
Good learning.
Cons
Not so good mangers at the store i was at last.
Customers department management (Former Employee) –  La Quinta, CAJune 1, 2018
Nice work place
I woul like to go back to la Quinta ca
I learn a lot of admin department manager
About computers
And customers service
I have good management
Pros
One hour
Cons
15 minutes of break
Job review
Administrative Dept. Mgr. / HR (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCMay 31, 2018
Lowe's is a fast paced demanding job. I recommend that you be in good health, don't mind lifting 50 lbs or more. It is a physical job. Cashier included if lifting heavy bags or other products. It is a rewarding place to work if you enjoy people. Customer service is a must! Lowe's is a great place to get started in a customer service environment..
Quick Paced
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 30, 2018
Enjoyed working in the area of the Outdoor and Indoor Lawn and Garden with several direct reports. The job was rewarding but the lack of good leadership from the store manager level made the job very difficult to manage direct reports. Store management would not allow for true lower lever management of direct reports and would require assistant managers and department managers to work after hours after store closing for up to 5 hours to do busy work that was slated for daily work resets. Less the specific store manager I had I enjoyed the company and the work.
enjoyable
Appliance Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 27, 2018
I liked working at Lowes. The employees & customers were a bright spot for the most part. Company restructuring caused things to change though so I left.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
not as employee friendly as the past.
Fine
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GA 31501May 26, 2018
It's retail. You get what you sign up for.

Not a great place but decent enough.

Go in do your job, get yelled at by a customer or two then enjoy your hour lunch and go home.
Chronically shortstaffed
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 23, 2018
Had only one weekend a month off; work day began anywhere from 7 am to 1 pm to 3 pm to 10 pm. Personnel manager refused to discipline one of my employees who consistently refused to perform tasks assigned, and sabotaged work tasks. She had wanted the position to which I was promoted, but did not take any of the classes necessary to qualify for it. She was the greatest pain in the rear end, combined with being chronically short staffed personnel necessary to satisfy minimum census necessary to satisfy corporate staff policies. Most enjoyable were my immediate managers who worked collaboratively with me to improve customer service and grow sales.
Pros
Occasional potluck lunches on holidays
Cons
Employee sabotage and short staff
Great place everyone there to help
Lowe dept manager (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXMay 22, 2018
Every csr that worked me would always out helping others and they knew their jobs we’ll enough that I didn’t have to remind them a lot free up my time to do my project that were tasked for me to do
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Short breaks fast past at times

57.9K