Lowe's Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

A stable place to work with other quality employees and management.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 19, 2018
Pre-opening shifts are challenging but are an opportunity to fine tune your productivity. Employee camaraderie is strong, and managers are reliable and friendly.
Pros
Flexible break times
Cons
No benefits
fun and focused work environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLOctober 19, 2018
lowe’s was a very serious company that’s sells so much to the public but they also make you feel like family and are very caring of their employees just as much as they are to their customers
Pros
discounts
Great People to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 18, 2018
The fun coworker is the only the thing that good about this place, but management can sometimes play favoritism. Company train customer to be wining crybaby.
Pros
Fun coworker, Decend pay, Good Benefit
Cons
Weak Training, Favoritism, and doesn't back their employees.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, ALOctober 18, 2018
The people I worked with were fun and positive. I had such a great time working with such a great group of people.
Always opportunities to try another position.
Pros
Management, people
Cons
switched from full time to part time too much
Low stress home improvement retail
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAOctober 18, 2018
For the most part, this job is pretty laid-back. The store is not overly busy, thus there is generally time accomplish any tasks required of one's position.
Pros
flexible hours
Allows you to expand your skill set.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 16, 2018
Have made many advancements while working here. The management is supportive, however staffing can be an issue. Ability to learn many different departments. Have obtained three different power equipment licenses. Given a high level of respect. Managers listen and take into consideration your concerns.
Pros
Understanding Management and decent compensation.
Cons
Low staffing
Different
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSOctober 16, 2018
It has changed a lot. A lot of downsizing and releasing of the veteran associates seems to be the norm. All new faces wanted! And not for full time. I’m not what’s going on with Lowes
Highly stressful
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCOctober 16, 2018
The store was poorly staffed. Never enough coverage in departments. Managers were hard to reach and most times could be found sitting in the back. Would make it difficult for us at customer service
Pros
1 hour for lunch
Cons
cut throat environment
Fast paced, standing for long periods, providing customer service
Customer Service Associate, Walls & Windows (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 16, 2018
Ensure department is clean and products properly displayed. Assisting customers with their shopping needs. Helping new homeowners understand products available to provide window coverings that will enhance the appearance of their new homes.

The hardest part of the job is having to lift heavy blinds and having to down load products from overhead shelves.

The most enjoyable is working with the staff in Windows and Walls, and especially interacting with Lowe's customers.
Cons
Standing for long hours
Enjoyed dealing with different customers.
Pro Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 15, 2018
Enjoyed the customers and coworkers and enjoyed going to work. There was something different every day. Learned to deal with customers from all walks of life.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
No other ability to earn ex
Loved it here
Customer Service Representative and Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAOctober 15, 2018
Most fun job I've ever had. Worked there for three years and fell in love with the job and the coworkers. Memories I wouldn't trade for the world. It will get fast-paced every now and then, but your team carries you. The employees work hard and are team players. Management CARES!
good people
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALOctober 14, 2018
I left Lowes for personal reasons. There was a family situation that was unavoidable, so for my family, I made the decision to leave. The company has undergone many changes and I hope it has become a better work environment.
Pros
discount
Cons
family leave was not readily given
lowes
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NJOctober 14, 2018
great people easy work load hours were easy to handle, worked with friends that cared about you. good place to work while you are in school.hours were sometimes cut
Pros
friendly
n/a
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 14, 2018
Worked with new and old commercial accounts to make sure their orders were delivered and or stocked for pickup. Made sure all accounts were up to date on payments.
it's a job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCOctober 14, 2018
While I have met many people at this job, this is not a job for anyone who wants to be involved with family. Especially if you are a single parent. The hours can be stressful when you have kids. they hired me for one shift and made me work others when they got rid of my position.
felt like I was an appreciated employee
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surf City, NCOctober 14, 2018
Enjoyed working with the others in my department and store. I personally had excellent training in many departments due to my position during my first year as a part-time floating customer service associate.
Pros
revolving shifts
Cons
customers expected me to be an expert in all departments of store
I Miss it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Payne, ALOctober 13, 2018
Everything about Lowe's was amazing and I'd go back any time. The hour's were good, the pay was great, the crew was awesome, the store manager was really nice. The actual work was pretty straight forward, there would be a rush every now and then but nothing too crazy. it was a really relaxed environment. Hardest part of the job was doing trash, and learning where stuff was. Also the garden center would get hot in the summer so there's that. Aside from that 5 out of 5 place to work.
Pros
hours, pay, people, benefits
Cons
hot garden center, lots of learning
Productive, good enviornment, well rounded
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 13, 2018
I was a really good place to work. I enjoyed the atmosphere at the company, and the work was great. Once you got the hang of your job it was easy to set into your role and become a great employee.
satisfying place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 13, 2018
People at Lowes are nice and I enjoy working with customers needs and questions. Salary is low and the working hours are not consistent. You are on your feet for nine hours per shift. Lowes offers 10% discount to employees and military.
Pros
merchandise discount
Cons
inconsistent work schedule
Its Okay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCOctober 13, 2018
Working for Lowes used to be Great to me but the longer I have been there the less I feel valued. I feel as if the changes made are robotic and its been taking the fun out of all we do.
Pros
money is decent
Cons
work environment sucks

58.5K