Lowe's Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Bad work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 14, 2018
If you would like to deal with mangers that act like your scum of the earth, then by all means this job is for you. The management team does not communicate with anyone; then when you ask one question to them they are very rude. They treat employees that show up and do their job bad. They're so poorly staffed because of how they treat their employees. Most of their departments have a high turn over rate because everyone quits within 5 months of working there. The only people that actually stay are the full-time employees. If I were you I would just look elsewhere this place is awful and if I could give it zero stars I would.
wont
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Schererville, INOctober 12, 2018
work there again no thanks to many problems with in management staff the only good thing was clocking out and going home to where smart people were thanks but no thanks
Just want something that suits me better and can make a better living
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  East Ellijay, GAOctober 9, 2018
I love my job.. But hate the schedule.. And I've been working in customer service for 30 years.. My pay and advancement should be better.. I want something that makes me feel like it's been an important day..
Pros
Love the people
Cons
The schedule has me working 7 days straight once a month... No overtime .. Just how time goes in..
Great atmosphere to worknand place to learn new things
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Laurinburg, NCOctober 9, 2018
This was a good learning experience in all areas I love to learn new things and advance and this easna good customer relationship job tonhelpntou focus on helping others.
I was Part Time Seasonal employment
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NH 03867October 7, 2018
Most of the full time permanent employees were happy with their wages and working conditions. I took a permanent full time position with another employer.
Pros
Wages are decent.
Cons
Difficult to become full time or advance.
Nice place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 3, 2018
It is a good place to work. They are in the process of fine tuning their company to make it a great place to work. Management are willing to listen to your needs.
Pros
Management will to work. Pay better then others
Cons
Difficult to get full time
Productive and fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Guntersville, ALOctober 3, 2018
All the employees were easy to get along with and we all worked together as a team. The management was easy to work with if you needed help with something or requesting a day off if needed.
Pros
insurance
Cons
didnt always get your whole break
Terrible
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nitro, WVOctober 3, 2018
The hours were terrible and inconsistent and that’s if you even get hours. The managers have no clue what they are doing and pick favorites. I would not recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
Cons
Everything you could think of
summary
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNOctober 2, 2018
it was a great job to have but does get boring at times because its slow. but they are not as strict if you come in late or anything. people who work there are nice.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 28, 2018
Management was hard to work with for my position, especially when trying to get time off. They put me at customer service a lot and I was only hired as a cashier. The customer service positions get paid more.. At least 10 people have quit their job since I got there in February.
Great company to work for.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Albemarle, NCSeptember 28, 2018
Retail being as it is you must have open availability. I have worked for two different stores and the culture was a little different in each. But I love the fact that they hire a very diverse group of people.

I learned better how to handle disgruntled customers.

The hardest part is lifting heavy items, and making sure you have scanned every item in their cart.

I enjoy the job because I am a people person. And I love interacting with the customers.
Pros
Too many to list. But you must be a people person
Cons
30 day advance notice for time off, that includes vacation time also, no sick time is paid.
Too much favoritism
Customer Service Associate- Cashier (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INSeptember 27, 2018
Very hard to advance unless you are best friends with management. Must have open availability if full time. As part time, they add you to the schedule without talking to you.
Good first job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 26, 2018
Mostly friendly people though when management gets stressed they tend to get snippy. This was years ago but all in all it was an alright place to work.
A great part-time job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 26, 2018
The staff was friendly. The store was clean and efficient. There were online learning modules to help employees learn about the policies and procedures.
lovely people to work with
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 24, 2018
It was a great place to learn about how the company works, very helpful people for when you have a question about what you don't understand. I would go back again without question.
Lowes Home Inprovemnt
Cashiers and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXSeptember 21, 2018
I love working there and greeting new and different faces. The head cashier were very good to the cashier when we needed help. I would of stayed had I not been in the hospital for 9 days with blood pressures problems. I had to take a leave of absent since I didn't have sick days
Pros
great work place
Cons
you cant get 40 hours
Excellent employer
Customer Service Associate/Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CASeptember 20, 2018
Excellent corporation to work for, great benefits, seasonal, part time & full time options available. full time option not limited to management, flexible hours for part time but not full time (fixed rotating schedule). Low employee turn over
Over worked
Return Desk Cashier/ Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  East Point, GASeptember 20, 2018
The pay was a mess , I was over worked. I stayed there for 3 years and could never get a full time position. They always hired outside people for fulltime positions and left me stuck training them. UNFAIR
n/a
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCSeptember 19, 2018
I do not want to leave a review of this employer. It was a temporary job while I was in college. The part time position barely paid for the child care I needed to work there.
friendly environment
Cashier/Customer Service/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Monahans, TXSeptember 18, 2018
They gave me a lot of on the job training, with promotions and raises. I started as a cashier, then started helping with stocking groceries, then went into customer service, then went to the cash office to count money, then became the manager of the front end of the store.

58.5K