Lowe's Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Emplyees like family...mgmt never have your back..not a place that a type 1 diabetic can handle
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Forney, TXDecember 16, 2017
Horrible inconsistency.. 6 am 10...cashiers have to clean bathrooms yuk!!#if your late shift...sweep mop..empty trash clean break room.....it was đź‘Žnothing else to say!!!#####
Pros
Enjoyed custoners and fellow workers
Cons
No work life balance at all
Productive and positive environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ozark, MODecember 14, 2017
Worked as a cashier and assisted with lawn and garden, and promoted to customer service greeted customers and helped them find the correct products and also worked in lumber as a cashier.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Healthcare
Productive work place. Some people are kind.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIDecember 14, 2017
Management doesn’t really know what they’re doing & they play favorites. It got to the point where I regretted working there. But some of the people were nice & made it sorta fun
Great place for students
Customer Service, Cashier, (Current Employee) –  Clovis, CADecember 10, 2017
Great for students and someone looking for a little extra income. Not much opportunity for advancement. Work schedule is very mixed so it's hard to plan regular activities in your life. Great people to work with but must be a self motivated person.
good job, not enough hours
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Southern Pines, NCDecember 10, 2017
I enjoy my job at Lowes but I need full time hours. I pay my own bills and find it hard to make ends meet on part time hours. It is hard to get on full time
Pros
great job
Cons
part time only
Not employee friendly
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pt Charlotte, FLDecember 9, 2017
Company downsized by eliminating department managers thus throwing additional responsibilities on lesser qualified employees. No customer service on the sales floor.
Pros
Pay is okay
Cons
Poor management
Easy going, great first job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 6, 2017
Every day was something new and the environment was easy to work in and the managers did not make you feel any less than what you were. I always looked forward to going to work.
Pros
Good breaks, environment
Cons
Tough to catch on at first, hard to move up
Its okay if you're looking for just a job.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIDecember 5, 2017
Not the greatest place to work at. Can be either extremely slow or having angry construction buffs yelling at you.
Management isn't the worst but honestly the work life balance is horrible, the best shift is the 8-5 but they're normally eaten up by the seniors of the team. A word of advice, just keep to yourself.
fast paced and stressful environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Epping, NHDecember 4, 2017
overworked and fast paced work environment. lack in communication and coverage for breaks and lunches. never got out of work at the time I was supposed to. the hardest part of the job was garden center when it was still cold out.
Pros
paid 15 minute breaks
Cons
health care
Hours weren't the best in winter
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 29, 2017
Left due to lack of hours. Not really sure what else to say. Not a bad company, but working as a cashier was toxic at times, as was some of the attitudes coming from some of the men working manual labor positions.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Inconsistent hours
It is a fair job however it is not a career!!!
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Madison Heights, MINovember 29, 2017
My store has poor management, inconsistent scheduling, preference in scheduling and hour depending on how they feel about you. Hardest part of the job is no set schedule or hours. Work culture is preferential. The most enjoyable part of the job are some co-workers. A typical day at work is busy. I learned customer service, patience and team work.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
No set schedule or hours
Very face paced and lots of customer interactions.
Cashier/ Customer service desk operator (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVNovember 28, 2017
Enjoyed this job for the most part. the house i was scheduled were very inconsistent, for example they would have me close one night and open the very next day, which would get tiring. the environment was great and I loved my staff.
Fast paced work enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 28, 2017
Greet and meet people
Highlight surveys
Clean every minute
Make sure things on tip top shape
Keeping busy
Always multitasking
There were alot of favouritism going on at that job.
Pros
Lunch, breaks, meeting new people
Cons
Employees not doing there jobs, overworking us, take people for granted
n/a
Cashier Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 27, 2017
A lot of discrimination and harassment from the Head Cashiers, I had and accident and they sent me to workers comp 6 months after the accident , the did not follow the Doctors Orders (Restriction).
I enjoy working for Lowe's just ready for a change.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Buford, GANovember 20, 2017
Just want to change get out of retail if possible and try something else. If possible would like to work as a Bank Teller or customer service person at a bank,
Pros
enjoy working for Lowe's
Cons
Good
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mustang, OKNovember 20, 2017
My review was good and I really enjoyed working there. Only issue I had was not enough hours and no room for improvement. I worked with people and I am a team player. thanks
fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 16, 2017
This is the most relaxed place you can possibly work at , the only thing i really didnt like was in the summer time it was super hot which made it stuffy
Lowes:)
Cashier/ customer service (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WANovember 14, 2017
The pay and benefits are ok. The reason I want to leave is due to the poor management. I've experienced a bad leadership and there treated you like a number, not a person and you can be replaced any time at their convenience.
Fun workplace
Customer Service, Cashier, Sales (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NHNovember 13, 2017
Very good job , i loved it. Great people and pay, lovely atmosphere they sometimes provided food and snacks in the break room. Felt good about getting up everyday to have a busy day at Lowe's
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
Getting a manager quickly to help
Cash Office Clerk/Customer Service Associate
Cashier/Customer Service/Cash Office (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHNovember 13, 2017
Balance registers before store opens, research overages and shortages, work registers, process credit card payments, assist customers with products, customer service and returns
Pros
advancement possibilities
Cons
flexible