Lowe's Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

very stressfull
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAJuly 16, 2018
working at lowes was very stressfull everyday, i learned a lot being there as a cashier, the management played favortisum there a lot and pick on certain cashiers there. The hardest part of my job there was running self check out and stocking drinks and inventoiry too. was helping the customers out and training new cashiers.
Pros
a lot of overtime
Cons
horrible on giving breaks and bad management
Good Job for School
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAJuly 15, 2018
I worked at Lowe's for all of my college years, they were very flexible on shifts and when I could work with school. Very little advancement opportunities in my personal experience, but I was a cashier for a good amount of my time there. I did everything, any time a department needed coverage I was the first person they pulled to place there for the time needed. Although I do thing that is what was the downfall of my time at Lowe's. I was their personal jack of all trades and they could put me anywhere for days to weeks at a time but pay me the same I would be as a cashier. Every chance I got for advancement was shut down by either someone else who applied for it or outside of the store. There was one point that a job posting was actually taken down and re-posted after I had applied to the listing. They claimed that there was not enough applicants for it, they needed three, I, one, I'm sure there were more than two others who had applied.
Pros
Flexable
Cons
Popularity contest
Very productive & fun place of employment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Auburndale, FLJuly 14, 2018
Personally, Lowe's was my favorite job to date. My Co-workers were pleasant to work with, management was very fair & my hours & pay were flexible & fair.
Poor management and scheduling
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXJuly 14, 2018
Management is terrible to it's core, everyone is able to change the schedule as they please without any regard to their employees. No work/life accomodations at all.
Cons
Poor management, poor scheduling, shorthanded forever
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs National Park, ARJuly 13, 2018
Its an okay job but it gets really hot in the summer because its a warehouse. You have to do alot of heavy lifting and then they stay short handed alot
Pros
Cons
Hot
Casier job was easy...
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 12, 2018
The cashier job was easy and fun. The self check out though were hectic because at times they were the only option customers had to check out. The managers and staff were all nice, helpful and easy to work with.
Pros
easy, good pay, nice staff
Cons
week end hour, only cashier at times, part time
It’s okay
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  DelawareJuly 11, 2018
It’s pays nice for the most part. Management could be better. You get raises every year so that’s nice. It’s a little unorganized, and Chaotic. Some days it’s busy and some days it’s really slow.
Pros
The pay
Great!
Cashier/CSR (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSJuly 11, 2018
I loved working for Lowe's. This company supports their employees and family. There is always an opportunity for growth within the company expansion line. I highly recommend this company.
Lowes
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 10, 2018
Lowes was a great company to work for it can get busy at times during the holiday seasons. I have learned different departments within the store.The workplace culture was good. The most enjoyable part is working closely with the public.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Seasonal
Fast paced
Customer Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Los Lunas, NMJuly 10, 2018
Lowes would be better if the wages would keep up with the call center ($13 an hour). Lowes is a fast paced environment. Being part time they do not offer good benefits.

Want to know more about Lowe's?

Ask a question
Fun work place
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 5, 2018
Fun place to work for managers a nice employees a nice I love to work in the work place where everybody feels like family and that’s Lowes...I’ve learned a lot about customer service ..well a lot more already knew a lot but you never could learn enough...
Typical day
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCJuly 5, 2018
I would go in to work and find out from the lead cashier if I was going to be on the cash register or at customer service. I learned about the cash registers and answered phones to help customers with questions about orders or their accounts. The management was good there. The hardest part of the job was the hours. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Pros
Meeting all the new people.
Cons
Hours
Great!
Customer Service Associate (CSA)/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  West Lancaster, PAJuly 4, 2018
Great place to work! You meet really nice people there and they are really good at letting you request days off. It is a really good company to join.
Pros
Nice breaks
Cons
standing
Fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIJuly 2, 2018
It was a easy on going job. I caught on fast quick and easy. As you go learn the item numbers and order number. It may seem like a lot but it’s pretty simple.
Good people I worked with
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 2, 2018
I love it how they give discounts to employees and a very fun place to work at esp if you are working outside garden. Very good company to also start your career with
The people you work with at Lowes are great, as are the majority of customers.
Cashier/ Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJune 30, 2018
Great folks work there. Good customers. Hard work, little praise.
Communication of changes in procedures could be a lot better.
They store is under staffed a good deal of the time, something even customers complain about.
All in all I enjoyed my time there and would love to have my job back.
Increases in salary should be more for the work you do,
Pros
People, Stocks, 401k
Cons
Shift work, rules change with no or little notice. Communication
productive workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 30, 2018
good managers, good pay, able to move up easily if you want. good hours. flexible. fast paced environment. 1 hour lunch break. Have a well equipped lunch room
Pros
discounts
Cons
no cons
its okay
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INJune 30, 2018
lowes is a handful to work at. people are so rude there. beneifits are great but management are jerks and like cutting peoples hours when thry ask for more.
Work Alone
Sales Associate, Cashier, and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 29, 2018
I was in school stayed out of town, they'd make me work and extra hour after close knowing I'd have to make an hour length drive, worked me in my department alone and also had to lift 50 lbs plus (of multiple items) almost ever night . I don't recommend you apply for a department position unless your applying for cashier.
Cons
Fast pace and fun environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJune 28, 2018
Great place to work, plenty of room to move up in management, and you can turn your position into a career. Good insurance for full time position. Fun and friendly staff.
Pros
Great store deals
Cons
Only one day off a week

58.1K