Lowe's Employee Reviews for Cashier

Love Lowes
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingsland, GADecember 16, 2017
My overall experience working with Lowes has been great. Management has always been very helpful with scheduling my hours around my classes and being supportive beyond work.
Busy Day
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thibodaux, LADecember 15, 2017
On a typical busy day you may not get a break but you will definitely get a lunch. For those who work 5 hours or less they might not get a break on a very busy day.
Pros
lunch
Cons
Breaks
I would recommend working at Lowes
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTDecember 14, 2017
I would recommend working at Lowes because they have great benefits. It is a very easy job and you have a great pay rate. The management was great. But there were a lot of codes to remember for cashiering which was stressful.
Good and Bad Points
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXDecember 14, 2017
I felt like the pay was pretty nice compared to other cashier positions I have worked, but management could be improved upon. Scheduling of employees is ridiculous, and it feels like almost every day they have to call someone who isn't scheduled in because there's not enough coverage.
Fast pace job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Union City, CADecember 11, 2017
Customer's were so nice and you get to see them all the time and they will remember your name. I worked in the garden area. I loved working in the garden area.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Sometimes you don't get a break
Cashier
Cashier (Current Employee) –  TXDecember 10, 2017
I had good and bad days but what needs to improve are the cashiers themselves. The attitude and the sass of other's are not team worthy. No team work at all.
Part-time evening position
Retail sales, customer service and cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CODecember 6, 2017
Working as a cashier and at the customer service desk you try to make the customer's shopping experience the best it could be. Gaining knowledge in building, plumbing and electrical and what specific tools are needed for a specific use.
Pros
You learn about everything they sell in the store.
Cons
To learn everything you need to know about every dept.
Lowes
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCDecember 6, 2017
Lowes was a great place to work. It was fast paced and I loved it. The staff was great and they worked with you if something came up. I learnt so much by working there and it will last a lifetime by moving on to the next job I go to.
I feel it's a great long term career company.
PT Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNDecember 3, 2017
Work hard and smart. Be patient. I am very happy in my current role. I will advance if and when it's a mutual benefit for both the company and myself. I have a great management team. My advice, do your job and make it a career. Everyone has bad days. Go in with a smile and be happy with this opportunity.
Pros
Health insurance, great communication with everyone.
Cons
Retail is tough unless it's your passion.
Best company to work with
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Camillus, NYDecember 2, 2017
I've been here going on 3 years now. I love it. My managers are amazing-They actually care about their employees,the work is easy,and I feel as if everyone is treated fairly.
Pros
Vacation time for part timers, Automatic raises every year, Awesome managers, Amazing coworkers
Cons
Lack if healthcare options.
cashier (Current Employee) –  Campbellsville, KYNovember 28, 2017
Lowes has been a great place to work throughout my college career. They have worked well with my school schedule. Lowes provides a great work family and understanding managers.
Exciting work environment as a cashier.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, TXNovember 27, 2017
From a cashier's perspective, it was exciting to meet so many people every day. I learned that I enjoy working with people and helping them with something they may struggle with but I am good at, such as how to build a chain-link fence, or what materials are needed to build DIY projects like a bunk bed.

The environment was friendly and selfless for the most part. I was fortunate to work with a group of friendly people who want to help customers and who were respectful even when spoken down to.

The hardest part of being in a customer service position is dealing with degrading and volatile customers who intend to make your day worse to get something free out of it, and to watch a thief walk out with merchandise knowing you can't do anything to stop it.

My favorite times working at Lowe's would be when I could help a customer who had previously had a negative experience change his/her mind about the store because I gave such a positive impact on them with my service or helpfulness.

The new manager of the greater Houston area for Lowe's was horrible. He cut every part-time worker's hours to 10 hours and compensated by having a mass part-time hire for Lowe's. It resulted in many people quitting.
Pros
Friendly work environment.
Cons
Really slow advancement.
Poor
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tilton-Northfield, NHNovember 26, 2017
Work day sucks. Learned that customers are rude. Management did not care. Hardest part was dealing with customers. There is nothing enjoyable working in retail.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Retail
Depends on which lowes you work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYNovember 26, 2017
The first lowes I worked at, it was like a family. Of course not everyone loved each other as normal, But I found a family at my old store, however due to moving, I'm at a new store and its not at all like that. Everyone is mean to each other for the most part and unwilling to help. Have to be lucky to get into a good store.
About working at Lowes
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCNovember 19, 2017
Its a good long term job to have because they have benifits, 401k, paid vacation. Just no raises, the management is no good, the boss and supervisors are all over the place and un-organized. They dont treat their employees with respect.
Relaxed Atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VANovember 16, 2017
Benefits are ok for entry level job, hours are flexible, relaxed environment, annual assessments are easy, one week PTO, 7 unpaid sick days, holiday parties.
part-time cashier (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WANovember 15, 2017
Lowes was a productive place to work. There were times that there were some issuses with the scheduling but they were able to take care of them if they could. I did like working for lowes but then there was a job offer that was more money for a set schedule which worked out better. Also, I was a part time employee working full time hours for awhile but never got hired on as an full time employee for the year plus i had worked there
Bad management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNNovember 8, 2017
Very bad managers and work environment. Fast paced and very rude head cashiers. I worked in the garden center and was often forgotten about around break time.
Typical Retail
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newberry, SCNovember 5, 2017
Culture indicative of typical retail jobs. Good people and good management. Time with managers was beneficial and they truly care about having a good team.
amazing work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  mcalester okNovember 4, 2017
A typical work day is long and busy with helping customers love where they live. I learn something new everyday that helps my experience. The management is great besides for a very who are a little lazy and arent helpful. They stay to the culture that was left behind by the founder. There is not a real hard part about the job except making the customers happy when they leave but the most enjoyable part of day is when i can make a customer who had horrible service on the floor have a better day when they leave the store.