Lowe's Employee Reviews for Cashier

Laid back place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Destin, FLJuly 20, 2018
This is a very laid back place to work. It depends on which department you work in though. As a cashier, it is easy breezy. The only downfall to being a cashier is that you can't move further than 15 feet from your register unless you get permission from a head cashier. When it gets really slow, all you do is stand by your register and hope the time goes by.
A place where though chaotic, will help you finish that project
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHJuly 18, 2018
As a associate working at the front end, my job is mainly to cash out customers as well as work the Customer Service Desk doing returns and such. The store I work at can be quite chaotic at times, but the other staff do their best against such great odds to help each customer love where they live. I'm glad I'm part of this team, and can't wait to see it get better over time.
Pros
10% employee discount
Good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYJuly 17, 2018
Very good I rellly really really really like work here. It would recommend this place for anyone that needs something that’s part time and just need a little extra cash
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Need more hours
Good people to work with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKJuly 17, 2018
I loved working with my colleagues and the customers, management was very optimistic about the workers and safety. They were always looking for new safety issues for the workers and customer
Pros
Fun lively place
Cons
To much drama
It was alright
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJuly 16, 2018
The job was difficult because you had to work with old computer software which was difficult to understand. Standing around for long hours hurt my legs most of the time I worked my shift. Other than that, management was fair and some of my co workers were fun to be around. There could of been more associates in every department to support customers. Overall, it was not the worst job in the world.
Pros
Co workers, long breaks, clean store
Cons
Scheduling, Understaffing
Terrible place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Webster, NYJuly 16, 2018
I would not recommend working here. Management stinks, it’s very one sided, too much drama, the favoritism kills the want to work there. I dread going to work every day.
Pros
You get to know the regulars that come in, so that’s nice
Cons
No breaks, standing on concrete for 8 hours is killer on your body and feet
Slow Paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 15, 2018
My time at Lowes was too relaxed, I would like to have experienced more responsibilities besides greeting people. Although the job was quite easy, i would like to have had some experience in the departments.
Pros
hour lunch breaks
Cons
NEED busy work
alright but sucks if you're seasonal
Cashier (Former Employee) –  redding caJuly 15, 2018
the work life is good but if you are a seasonal associate struggling to make ends meet it sucks when the cut you down to 14 hours a week other than tat not a bad place to work they look after their employees and make sure they have the backing they need to do their jobs.
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Weaverville, NCJuly 14, 2018
I loved working at Lowes but, I worked hard and didn’t get the full time position. I worked as a seasonal employee. This was a great and fun environment to work in.
Experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJuly 13, 2018
Lowes is a great place to work to learn more about the home improvement business. It also offers discounts to its employees. However there is little more for growth.
Pros
discounts, experience
Cons
low pay, no growth opportunities
Hate Big corp
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJuly 13, 2018
Company so big they don't care about you as an individual. I don't like that everyone is part-time except managers, Although the pay is good. I don't recommend this for single parents.
Wouldn't apply again
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 11, 2018
If the management at the store was better it would have been decent. Theres really not much else to say, the store is just ran horribly I wouldn't apply again.
Productive and a good environment to work in
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pineville, LAJuly 11, 2018
Lowes was a good place to work, not perfect but good. It was a nice experience working there but Management could have used some better training in communication.
Pros
Some free lunches
Cons
Short breaks and needs some air or big fans in outside lawn & garden
Lumber Cashier
Lumber Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, SCJuly 10, 2018
I get to work 20 min early and make coffee for the contractors so it is ready when the doors are opened. I make sure the lumber registers have bags, register tape, and are clean and ready for customers. I greet the contractors as they come in and ring up their items as they get ready to exit while making small talk and making sure their merchandise is bagged and in their hand or cart when they leave. I take payments for their accounts and check inventory for them.
Pros
The contractors are great and helpful with large items. I see the same people almost daily.
Cons
Working next to someone who spends to much time on cellphone instead of helping customers, understaffed
Helpful employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 10, 2018
I quit Lowe’s Grocery Store , because the manager was being really rude and disrespectful. Everyday each employee had to sell a certain amount of items to the food drive , well it was my first time there so not many people were buying them. The manager pulled me into the office and talked to me in a rudely mannerly way.
Pros
Funny employees
Cons
Very short breaks, no discounts or free food provided for break time
unorganized and all over the place.
CS Cashier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2018
as a cashier there, we need over rides often. all of the mods were either to busy or didnt feel like doing it. which left us cashiers with longer lines and angry customers. they dont have enough head cashiers. they would rather hap someone standing at the door than on a register so all the customers have to go to self check out. theres only one cashier at self check out. they dont treat there cashiers very well.
Typical Day
Full-time Cashier (Current Employee) –  Keizer, ORJuly 6, 2018
Operate Returns desk or Customer service, answer questions and direct customers to what they are looking for. Dealing with stressful situations. Very irregular schedule
Might not get your break on time, learned a lot from more experienced staff, welcoming atmosphere especially from older co-workers.
Full-Time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 6, 2018
A typical day at Lowe's can start at 6 a.m. and end at 11 p.m. So be prepared to be flexible and work shift work. Don't expect to get your break on time due to the fact that it is on a schedule and is followed by the head cashier. Only, this person can allow you to go on breaks.
If someone, phones in sick the schedule stays the same. The workplace culture is typical of any retail sales job. You, gossip about what everyone, is saying and doing. The hardest part of the job is trying to get along with everyone else. Having to learn about the different products in each department. What you are allowed to do and when you should be calling for department manager or supervisor. Also, having to clean up especially the washrooms after the store is closed. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are always busy, meeting people, you could have great staff to work with, wages a little higher than other retailers, helping people, promotion.
Pros
One hour lunch and two fifteen minutes break. Full benefits as a Part time employee.
Cons
low salary, difficulty to advance, can be demoted, fired easily, expected to meet sales target.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Keizer, ORJuly 5, 2018
Very poor management, no one liked to do their job, severely underpaid but was expected to perform like you were getting 50 dollars an hour, they dont do anything to keep their employees so the people who do work there are pretty much punished because they cant hold on to people and they are expected to pick up the slack.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
everything
work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, IN 47129July 5, 2018
I come in to work and go home
I learn new things everyday
Management is there for overrides
We laugh and talk at work
Mean customers are the hardest part of job
I go home with a smile on my face
Pros
to little
Cons
to less

58.1K