Lowe's Employee Reviews for Cashier

Seasonal Cashier
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDOctober 18, 2018
Worked as a seasonal cashier. Worked only a few days a week and the hours were very flexible. This was my first job so i learned to move in a quick pace and process transactions. Learned to interact with customers as well.
Co workers where so mean to one another lost of confusion hated to go to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Schererville, INOctober 17, 2018
I never had a job I hated as much as I hated working at Lowe's boring slow mangers don't do their job well theirs A LOT of work place bullies and aren't held reasonable for the actions I think they need classes on how to treat their fellow co workers and customers
Pros
Cons
Negative energy
Relaxed but fast pace at times
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 16, 2018
I really enjoy working at Lowes but at this stage in my life I need full time employment. The management is approachable. For the most part Lowes is a great to work
i wouldnt work here again
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Papillion, NEOctober 13, 2018
I didn't enjoy working here due to the unprofessional when i was working there. management will work with your needs, but will give you grief about it.
Lowe's lake City
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLOctober 11, 2018
It was okay gossip badly not to many hrs it was a couple good ones out there they really didn't speak unless head people was in the building customers was rude but not all some even had your back when ppl talked trash to you lol but most days I had a great time
Friendly, awesome breaks, awesome staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodhaven, MIOctober 10, 2018
The management at lowes are extremely professional! I wish at the time of my hire they were offering something more than just seasonal! I miss everyone I worked with there!
Pros
Steady work pace
Cons
Breaks are to close together
They are sneaky
Cashier (Former Employee) –  LansdaleOctober 10, 2018
I applied and was hired. They mess with your schedule, they claim to not get outside emails but got them in the past. They hire too many people then cut the hours of people that have worked their before the new hires. Was let go for no reason oh I remember I could not work 8 plus hours on FRIDAY/Saturday an Sunday. Um they knew I had another job prior to getting this job.
Don’t apply and think they will be fair and READ
Productive & Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Crowley, LAOctober 9, 2018
When I worked at Lowe’s it was always fun and everyday I learned something new. I worked with people I know and met so many great people that worked there before me. The veterans of Lowe’s were always outgoing and didn’t mind helping you if you didn’t know something & they always said to not be scared to ask if you need help because it was all about working together to get things right and satisfying our customers.
Pros
Discounts & Insurance
Cons
Short Breaks
i did not work here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCOctober 9, 2018
I was doing my resume on here and i filled out that i worked at lowes foods but i guess its a small company cause it just said lowes like the hardware store. I worked at lowes foods grocery store.
Not A Great Place to Be, But It's A Job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  West Bountiful, UTOctober 7, 2018
Started out as somewhere great to be, had a flexible work schedule and good benefits, then went full time and got an opportunity to advance. Was cross-trained and kept to a set schedule, then when I tried multiple times to advance within the company again, I was told many times that it was either A) Not allowed for my position or B) I didn't make the cut, and it was handed over to others who were less qualified.

There's a lot of Nepotism at Lowe's, those being put into higher positions just because they're more liked by the other higher-ups. There's a lot of cliques, especially on the front end, but my favorite part of the day is when I'm alone for five hours and don't have to talk to anyone.
Pros
Two 15 minute breaks, An hour lunch, Sometimes there's free food
Cons
Nepotism, No real chance for advancement
Somewhat a good place to work at because of the benefits but the management left a lot to be desired
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAOctober 7, 2018
A typical day at work was relative low stress because it was the same thing every day simple tasks that needed to be done within a specific time frame. I learned that if you wanted something to get done you needed to learn how to communicate with others well for the job to be done successfully. Management left a lot to be desired schedules were always a mess and it was incredibly disorganized. The workplace was very cutthroat it was better to keep to yourself and just do your job. The lack of support from management was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the regular customers who were all around great.
Typical retail lifestyle
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLOctober 6, 2018
Most people are just moving along with their day and that would be fine. Except that almost everyday, you'll have at least one customer or more who is an absolute toss pot.

Some 40-year-old man was convinced I lied to him twice earlier in the day when my shift had started an hour ago. I had NEVER, not even once seen an employee or customer use the sink -- let alone use soap. Crazy ladies who come to the garden center and have a fit over some rocks or a $1 plant. Or the contractors in the lumber section who expect you to know what every material or tool is in the store. How about spending 15 minutes trying to figure out what the PART NUMBER is for a tiny 0.03¢ piece of PVC is because Joe Shmoe was either too lazy or too stupid to write down the item number on the conveniently placed bags next to where they picked up these small items. And that's assuming they write down the correct item number... I could go on for hours about the stupidity you'll meet working retail.

But hey, if you're going to be a night-stocker then congratulations!

P.S., Don't be a woman working in tools or lumber, no matter your experience, a lot of contractors are sexist.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
It'll make you want to stand outside in the thundering rain to get away from people
n/a
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYOctober 6, 2018
A normal day at Lowes, would consist of , grab your vest , clocking in and then go to your assigned station or area. Then helping any customers that need help, once complete check with your manager to see if you have any assignments that he/she needs complete.
Lowes was a horrible Place
LUMBER CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAOctober 5, 2018
Managent at the Lowe's I worked for was awful. they didn't care about their employees except for a handle. The had their favorites and if you didn't fall in line they got rid of you. If you want a management team that helps you grow, do not go to Lowe's.
Pros
Good starting pay and benefits
Cons
Horrible Managemt
Low's
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 4, 2018
At Lowe's I was a cashier for a year. I got to meet a lot of great people and learn a lot of new tricks with home improvement. The workplace culture at Lowe's was everyone would help every department and everyone was really friendly.
Pros
Fast pasted in summer months.
Cons
Slow in winter months.
Lowe's
Cashier/ Administrative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 1, 2018
Not enough hours, need full time hours
Not enough employees to cover a days work
Under staffed
Management team always changing
Once trained the work is easy
Pros
Employees are nice and gained some work experience
Cons
No set hours allowed
Lowes is not a bad first job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 1, 2018
Lowes is not a bad job to start at if you're beginning to start working. At some points it will stressful, but for the most part it is pretty cool. You will eventually start to learn things at Lowes that will apply for the outside world and that was one of my favorite things about working there.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
You will more then likely always get those really rude customers.
Not a good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHOctober 1, 2018
Good for the pay but other than that it is a poor place to work. Although, it can be pretty relaxed at times, the management and those who hold higher positions do not fulfill their roles and are very unprofessional.
Great place to start working.
Plumbing Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wood Village, OROctober 1, 2018
I worked at 3 Lowe's stores in 3 different states. Management is different for each location. Employees are mostly nice and easy to get along with. Can be stressful at times very busy with a variety of things going on every day.
Busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CASeptember 26, 2018
It was a fast pace work environment. Can be a bit stressful but they were good at giving me the hours I wanted and listened to my concerns. They had job advancement but, it was pretty competitive to get.

58.5K