Lowe's Employee Reviews

Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCDecember 6, 2017
Lowes was a great place to work. It was fast paced and I loved it. The staff was great and they worked with you if something came up. I learnt so much by working there and it will last a lifetime by moving on to the next job I go to.
Very productive
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NJDecember 5, 2017
Fast paced, helpful with customers project planning and questions. Family oriented I had an amazing time being part of a team that exhausted all efforts to bringing a customers dream come true.
Pros
Amazing benefits
Cons
bird control
management
Head Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GA 31313December 5, 2017
great job but you have to be careful to not leave money in registers and get a clear understanding of what the cashier is requesting be done. half communication can really beome an issue.
Great Place for Students to work
Building Supply Associate (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXDecember 5, 2017
I worked there while looking for a full time job. The hours where good and will work with student schedules. I left because I found full time work....
Pros
friendly place to work
Cons
don't expect to get a weekend off
Excellent job for a person who likes working with the public and being active.
Weekday Team Member (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 5, 2017
This was a great job for someone like myself who likes working with people and having a job that was constantly moving. You work helping the customer and that may take you everywhere in the store.
Pros
physically active
Cons
sometimes it is slow
It was okay, not the best
Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Noblesville, INDecember 5, 2017
Working for lowes was okay. The work life balance of the company is extremely poor. while working for them I never got a holiday off to be with my family in my hometown. They would work me 15 days in a row and if I called off because of they acted like it was the end of the work and management didn't treat you well at all.
Cons
low pay, HR did nothing, horrible hours, and work life balance.
Excellent place to work if you like being active.
Weekday Team Member (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 5, 2017
You learn as you go. The people at Lowes are some of the best people I have ever worked with. You will learn about products they sell how they work and how to use them.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Sometimes its not busy
easy workplace with good pay
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVDecember 5, 2017
Lowes was an overall rather easy job with good pay at the entry level position. The hardest part of the job was closing in lumber. Having to restack all the piles of wood took almost 2 hours after close every night.
decent pay and good benefits
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Macon, GADecember 5, 2017
physical, mental, fast paced, multi tasking all day long. I learned how to deal with stress and be positive. I learned how to manage different type of people. It was a fast past, competitive environment. Hardest part of job was putting up large amount of heavy freight daily. I truly enjoyed helping people to find what they wanted to purchase and sharing my product knowledge with them. It made me feel really good to see people be able to feel confident in their purchasing of the product which they needed
Demanding and dead end.
Home Decor Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bixby, OKDecember 5, 2017
No matter where you go you will run into members of management that do not know how to be effective. I had no support in my role to move forward or up. The store manager is removed and aloof from the goings on of anyone below his assistant managers. There is also not nearly enough people for the amount of work needed to be done, instead they over burden you with the work of 5 people and expect you to not get stressed all the while letting some people get away with the bare minimum.
Pros
Hour lunches, benefits after 90 days
Cons
Could have better health care, could have better management.
Lowes
posted for and hired as Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2017
Lowes has been a great place to advance my business skills. Lowes continues to be a great place to work and has been focused on allowing employees to have a work/home life balance.
Lowe's Review
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CADecember 5, 2017
Overall, I would rate my time at Lowe's as a positive one. I've been there for three years now, and I've gained a lot of meaningful experience that I will bring with me to my next position. I'm grateful to have worked there.
It was pretty steady.
Front end Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 5, 2017
There was a lot of nice customers. It was pretty mellow. The co workers I had were ok. The store was overall taken care of. There was plenty of work experiences you can learn from.
A starter job
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PADecember 5, 2017
This is a great job for the college student but for a full time employment. That is another story the management seems to get turned over every couple years. No true leadership.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
Assistant Store Manager-Operations/Administrative (Current Employee) –  San Clemente, CADecember 5, 2017
My salary is based off of a 40 hour work week with 50 hours minimum scheduled. My shifts are 11 hours long. Advancement is slow. Health insurance plans offered.
Lovely coworkers and usually busy
Sales Associate and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Denton, TX HDecember 5, 2017
On a typical day of work I would clock in and start my "to do" list. I would rush through what I needed to do so that I can make my department look nicer and help out other coworkers. The workers were outstanding and were entertaing to be around and I didn't mind going a few extra steps to help them. Management was fair and always had an agenda, but they would take time out of their day to attend to specific departments or customers. The hardest part of the job was constant people, both fellow employees and customers, asking favors and directions while I was still working on my "to do" list. However, the most enjoyable part was associating with the same customers and coworkers that were kind and had a outstanding personality.
Pros
enjoyable people
Cons
very heavy "to do" list
Team atmosphere
Provide Customer Service though out the store (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALDecember 5, 2017
stocking shelves, inventory, always on your feet, moving from one department to another or covering other departments while someone is out or at lunch, answering the phone, giving good customer service.
Pros
team atmosphere, and job security
Cons
pulled in several directions throughout the day, always on your feet
Good Culture
Inventory Specialist-Grocery (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCDecember 5, 2017
The overall culture of the company is positive and collaborative. I would definitely suggest Lowes Foods as a good place to work. Every place of business has its bad seeds, but Lowes Foods is very good at handling addressing issues brought forth by employees.
Plumbing Pro (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 5, 2017
Decent rate of pay typical retail environment had fun with other associates learned to run a forklift poor management hence why the company is struggling to keep managers employed.
Pros
pay
Cons
schedule
Its okay if you're looking for just a job.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIDecember 5, 2017
Not the greatest place to work at. Can be either extremely slow or having angry construction buffs yelling at you.
Management isn't the worst but honestly the work life balance is horrible, the best shift is the 8-5 but they're normally eaten up by the seniors of the team. A word of advice, just keep to yourself.