Lowe's Employee Reviews

Lowes
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2018
Most of the jobs offered are part-time which is good if you need flexible hours for school or another job. Limited growth opportunities, and pay raises are non-existent or very small. They work with limited staff which seems stretched thin every day. I really feel sorry for the full-timers who have to perform many of management's duties because of the lack of management coverage. The store I work at is generally rated very low on their EOS surveys, and would do a lot worse if a lot of the employees even cared about filling them out.
Pros
You can get certain days off if you advise management.
Cons
Too little management and staff to adequately ensure proper customer service.
Learned a lot of new skills
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 17, 2018
This was a contract job, I didn't know how to properly merchandise product. Everyone I worked with were on a contract as well. Everyone was generally happy and able to help me find where products went.
sucks
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAMay 17, 2018
They pressure you to make the count for the day . They fired me because i didn't make the count but they would give me really heavy boxes knowing well I'm so little and cant carry box thats 100 pounds
Pros
Cons
everything
Good Hardware Store to Work At
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2018
At Lowe's you have the benefit of working for a large Fortune 500 hardware chain of retail stores. There are many options for promotion. Salary is good for retail chain.
Pros
Promotions, friendly coworkers, benefits - paid vacation, 401(k), health
Cons
Work/life balance - long hours
a great place that gave me a lot of advancement at a young age.
Outdoor Power Equipment (OPE) Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCMay 17, 2018
This was a great company to work for. At a very young age I was given the opportunity to prove myself not only to my store but to cooperate as well. Management is very involved in the work that is performed in each department. Great place to work.
Good place
LAWN & GARDEN SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 17, 2018
help customers and do daily chores like keeping it clean and merchandised. The hardest part of the job is having to load lawn mowers into cars. The management is better than most places.
Pros
Free food fairly often
Productive, fun
Outside Lawn and Garden Center (Former Employee) –  Schererville, INMay 17, 2018
I worked outside in the garden center, so the hardest part of the job had to be knowing all my trees, shrubs, flowers, etc. I loved the management, they were really fun, encouraging, and caring. I enjoyed every part of my job at Lowes. The workplace was fun, and never a dull moment especially since I helped out different departments. I learned how to do drive the sit down forklift, stand up forklift, and the order picker.
Pros
2 15 minute breaks and then an hr break
Cons
not sure
Great place to work!
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAMay 17, 2018
Good place to work. Could pay better!! Get people. Had an on-site doctors office. Was free to the company employees depending on the insurance you had.
Pros
Four 10 hr shifts
Cons
Night shift
Very good atmosphere
Outside Lawn and Garden Associate (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXMay 17, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Lowes, the management was very understanding with employees who were also full time students. Job assignments and duties were always very clear and they always stayed on top of deadlines. The managers always pushed having a clean work environment not only for employees but for customers as well.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Rochester lowes was amazing
Lumber associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 17, 2018
Quite possibly the best job I’ve had. Everyone is friendly and willing to help you, most of the managers were fantastic, and everything they did from benefits to pay was fair
Great Envirorment to work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAMay 16, 2018
I was promoted to manager over several departments and paid less than other managers. A manager that didn't last very long fired me because I was required to ensure the closing procedures without hiring more employees. This brought about driving the forklift with no one allowed to leave their departments to help. Subsequently, I was relieved of my position after two years. A week later he quit and he was the only manager I ever had an issue with. I enjoyed the job very much and the culture has since appeared to have changed. Employees at that time were hard to keep in lumber and building materials. Other than that I would certainly recommend the company to anyone liking a hardware environment in which to work.

I was in the National Guard and told by the store manager my two weeks of summer training would be used as my vacation. This if recorded would have made for a good court case. So hopefully that has never happened again.
Pros
enjoying the coworkers
Cons
keeping employees in a demanding department
Good place to work.
Merchandising Associate - Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMay 16, 2018
Enjoyed working there. Fun place to work if you enjoy retail. Pay decent for retail. Opportunities to change departments. Overall would recommend working here.
Amazing place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 16, 2018
Amazing place to work if you can learn to balance work and outside of work life. Amazing benefits, great compensations. Busy days make time fly and management could use some work but that's any company.
Fun Experience
Flooring Install Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 16, 2018
It's a good place but they mainly hire high school kids and most don't have the strong work ethic or desire to do a good job or provide great customer service. Other than that, the management is good and the pay is good, there is also plenty of opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Employees
Great group of people to work with
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYMay 16, 2018
Most everyone was super friendly and helpful, lots of workplace gossip though. Definitely seemed that they wanted to take care of their employees, my manager continuously asked for my approval of my work schedule to ensure that I was happy with it and okay with my hours. I was there for a short time but it didn't take long for everyone to treat me like part of the family.
great place to work
Zone Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2018
Lowe's provided a great work place environment and advancement. There was a good balance between work time and time off. Lowe's has great benefits including 401k, stock options and health benefits.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
turn over of managers
Nice people but no advancement
Customer Service Associate - Front End (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYMay 16, 2018
No advancement in the company but there are lots of nice people. Not everyone is very nice there is lots of mean customers .............................
Great People to work with, Fun and challenging work environment!
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCMay 16, 2018
The management was great as in if i needed extra hours to get by at the end of the month, all i had to do was ask! My coworkers were fun to work with.
Friendly Retail Environment
Spokane Valley, WA - Unload Associate (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 16, 2018
Between everything that happens in the store, it was an entertaining and friendly work environment. Management was appreciative and there was always something to do. Very accepting and protective of employees
Pros
Employee events and appreciation
Cons
Stressful Periods of work more common than expected
All work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lilburn, GAMay 16, 2018
Your experience working at Lowes can vary depending on who your store manager is. Lowes does not do a very good job at hiring store managers. The two I have dealt with have poor people skills. Meaning, they do not know how to really talk to people when there is a problem. It is a good place to work to gain experience and learn new things about the department you work in.

57.8K