Lowe's Employee Reviews

Company geared for customer service
Department Manager, Cashier (Former Employee) –  MaineAugust 15, 2018
The store (following the company's expectations) was geared towards the best customer service, trying to anticipate The customers needs and fulfilling all aspects we could. Doing this while providing a safe, friendly workplace. The company showed their gratitude by providing incentives and made sure extensive training was provided. The company also recognized an employee's dedication.
Pros
Friendly work environment, Management was knowledgeable and helpful. Made sure the employees needs were met
Cons
I really enjoyed working there so I am not sure I can think of any
Fun staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 14, 2018
My coworkers at this Lowes never made me feel unwelcome or intimidated, with one exception. Overall, I had a good time working there even though it was vastly different from my other jobs with much more manual labor.
Pros
discount, activities, barbeques
Cons
Manager unfriendly
ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTAugust 14, 2018
change of shifts all the time, with and without your knowledge. lack of good leadership (I hear now that the manager has changed). negative attitude from upper management
great work place
Department manager of electric and paint (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, COAugust 14, 2018
Lowes was an amazing place to work, i personally advanced in many places with my career at lowes. The associates were treated like family. The managers stood by their associates in many situations.
Fun workplace
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CA 95212August 14, 2018
When i got hired on, People were really nice working with and the work was easy and understanding, i learned everything quick, i got taught alot of work i didnt know how to do due to this being my first job, i had fun.
A good place to work
Outside Lawn & Garden Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Diberville, MS 39540August 14, 2018
Enjoyed the opportunity of working with a great wonderful group of people that offered marvelous customer service and always implemented the IMPACT mission
Pros
flexible
Cons
non-communication by some employees
I have countleess new freinds working at Lowe's
Project Specialist Exterior- All (Current Employee) –  Macedon, NYAugust 14, 2018
People are the Best part of Lowe's and there training. The opportunities are vast for moving into Management. Working with Most up to date Computers systems and training of the new programs.
could be better
Overnight Stocker,Hardware,daystock (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 14, 2018
got fired for other peoples wrong doings worked myself to the bone. got no praise except when i was a night stocker . im a very clean person and had a talk about my BO when i had no bo took shower before and after work. got no raise managers played favorites even though i worked my butt off for them
Pros
great at night
Cons
daytime sucked
Great coworkers and a fast paced job environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, UTAugust 14, 2018
Lowes is a great job if you are looking for an additional part time job, are a young student, or would like to work full time. While some customers can be challenging the store is a great place to work and most customers are great.
Fun workplace
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALAugust 14, 2018
Love working for Lowe's but no stability on hours, health benefits and to advance in moving up in the company. Lacks job security although its a pleasure working with the employees there but to utilize and further my skills within the company i'm unable to.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
no job security or stability
It was kinda boring
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 14, 2018
I like the money the people that I worked with were very nice. It was a great environment for family’s to come and shop for home good and gardening supplies
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not long breaks long hohr
Work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 14, 2018
You would need to experience it for yourself. I can not answer.
Normal 8 hour or 7 hour work day. Employees are nice sometimes. Need to experience.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Just Eh.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New Carrollton, MDAugust 14, 2018
Customers can be the worst aspect of this job. They assume you should be a know it all of all trades and get mad when you tell them you have no experience in construction, electrical, or plumbing or whatever it may be. I was a cashier for the lumber dept. was frequently asked for what type of concrete should they use for so and so and what deck design suits best for their house. Listen, i’m just as clueless as you are on stuff like that. I’m just the cashier.
Pros
1hr lunch if you work 8hours
Cons
Low staffing a lot
its a fun work place
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKAugust 14, 2018
Lowes Is quick paced . Great team work . I got paid daily. It was well organized. A lot of hours. Great Pay. No unifoms. I liked to stay busy but there was always something to do or fix
Pros
breaks
Cons
no healthcare
not a fun place . it is work oriented
Software engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaAugust 14, 2018
You have to work.
There is no fun activities
Very less team outing
Free food is awesome.
Have to pay for the transport.
Management is not good.
There is partiality in some of the team.

Work locality is very very good.
Salary part is very good when compared to other companies.

Very less opportunity in IJP.
Some of the managers are very good helping.
productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cranberry Township, PAAugust 14, 2018
A great part of the job was helping customers throughout the day finding items in the store most people couldn't find. I really enjoyed every aspect of working at Lowes.
Great Family environment
Product Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 14, 2018
Great place to work and learn a lot. A lot of well knowledge people and very friendly and open to teaching you everything. Very flexible and understanding when it comes to family great benefits such as health and vacation/sick time.
Pros
All pros
Cons
No cons
Love lowes
Flooring Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Snellville, GAAugust 14, 2018
Lowes is a great place to work. Great benifits great people. I would recommend lowe’s to anyone excited for change in a growing environment. Everyone is really helpful.
Buen ambiente laboral
Jefe de Prevención de Perdidas (Current Employee) –  Hermosillo, Son.August 14, 2018
Trabajo en equipo y seguridad, el ambiente es agradable y siempre se tiene alguna actividad a realizar.
Depends the store
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTAugust 14, 2018
Personally loved my local Lowes. The people were amazing. However different stores have different settings. So make sure to walk around and see if the location is a right fit for you.
Pros
cool people
Cons
depends location

58.3K