Lowe's Employee Reviews

The Job Wasn't Bad, It was the people.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHDecember 12, 2017
Lowes is a company that actually promotes from with-in, the problem with this is everyone will throw you under the bus , lie, cheat and steal just to get promoted. The managers change so often that you never know who to talk to and depending on the manager you may just get told to figure things out on your own, just to let you know what ever you do will be wrong and that manager will write you up for not coming to them.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
The Management and the employees
Great customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita caDecember 12, 2017
Instructed my management to work with every customer to deliver them to the right department and get the best quality answers to there questions. very friendly working environment.
lowes
Commercial Sales Loader (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 12, 2017
At lowes I learned how to use a forklift. I loved helping customers find products and helping with their needs. I went from working in front to working in the back loading trucks and getting orders ready to ship out.
Poor management
Lumber Associate (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OHDecember 12, 2017
If you have kids, they don't care if you need specific days off for a visitation schedule. They expect you to request those days off, and then will turn around and deny your request regardless of how ahead of time you post it, then they expect you to ask a coworker to switch your shift. They have zero urgency to train their employees on any power equipment, they also will schedule an employee that doesn't have a power equipment license alone in a department that requires one. No common sense when it comes to schedule making.
Fast paced and strict workplace with clear guidelines
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCDecember 12, 2017
Loved working here it was structured and fast paced. There were clear goals and guidelines that left you able to complete task without wondering if you were doing it correctly
Difficult but Friendly workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 12, 2017
I worked with a bunch of friendly people at Lowes, the only problem was the customers I had to help as every customer expected me to be an expert on what I was selling. Even though I wish I was, I lacked the experience needed to tell each customer about every product the store had. It was also terribly difficult to inform a customer that I am not an expert and if they wanted to talk to an expert that they would have to come in at a different time, as many customers were on a strict schedule. Another difficult part about this job was having to cover for other departments, such as plumbing. As a student aspiring to be an electrical engineer, I was happen when I was placed in the electrical department for customer service as I know just enough to get by in there. However, I cannot say the same about plumbing, which I still had to cover every once in a while even though my managers knew I didn't have any experience or knowledge of the department what-so-ever.
Pros
Good pay, friendly employees, friendly managers
Cons
Rude customers and long shifts
The job is ok
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, TXDecember 12, 2017
I got my first forklift license and I have been driving one every sense. This is a fast pace job and there is a lot of pressure to get things shipped out with no damages
It's a job
Millwork Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, WVDecember 12, 2017
Pay keeps you at the low income tax bracket. Insurance needs to be improved. Family-like work environment is it's only redeeming quality. Hard to move up within company
Pros
family atmosphere, 401k
Cons
pay, insurance, shift work
Lowes! It Blows!
Commercial Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MADecember 12, 2017
It was long hours at the JOB! One night I worked until 2:30am. I was supposed to leave at 10:30. But the other employees were great! I wish I had not gotten terminated from the Job!
Pros
Stock
Cons
Hours
Gran ambiente de trabajo
3 años (Former Employee) –  Cajera y empleada de pisoDecember 12, 2017
Es buena empresa tiene buen ambiente de trabajo y oportunidades de seguir de puesto
Pros
Buen ambiente
Cons
No pagan las horas extras
Productive and fun place to work
Team Leader/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKDecember 12, 2017
This was a wonderful opportunity to learn new sales techniques and to possess a very diverse set of sales skills. Management was open to new suggestions to improve sales productivity.
Getting better, more to improve
Sales (Current Employee) –  Weaverville, NCDecember 12, 2017
They are really making an effort an employee engagement and showing appreciation.

New systems need to be implemented to allow us to better serve our customers.
Lowes
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Warren, PADecember 12, 2017
I worked up to 40 hours a week, with something different going on everyday. I started as a cashier and was approached within 2 months of being there to see if I would work in the cash office to help out, they saw my past experiences and wonted to give me a chance. I then a couple of months after that applied for and got excepted to be a head cashier. All of this within 2 years.
Still a job
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 12, 2017
Working there is a pain. Almost none of the managers actually managed anyone, so the store looked and stayed a mess for months. They day shift managers never knew what is going on and when a project that their team was suppose to do that day, it would be delayed for no reason or pushed onto another team or shift instead. Mostly the Night team because they assume that they never actually work or have enough to do.
Cons
Poor management
Outside Lawn and Garden Associate (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VADecember 12, 2017
outside all the time and driving forklife. work all the time. load people car with stuff that they buy from lowes. great work envirement to be in if you like fast moving
Laid back good pay
Customer service and product knowledge (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 12, 2017
Non-stressful environment. Breaks, good managment, good useful technology and resources for employees and customers.

Lots of rewards and parties for good work.
Great place to work.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, NCDecember 12, 2017
Excellent management. Great team atmosphere to be a part of as an employee. Lowe's provides and excellent balance of your work and family life. There are always team members helping each other improve.
lowes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CA 95624December 12, 2017
Very informative i learned a lot about various trades, and the components that existed in them. I recommend working at lowes to build knowledge of the trades and customer service skills
Pros
informative
Cons
seasonal
Pleasant place to work. Enjoyed coworkers and the position I held
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Diberville, MSDecember 12, 2017
Availabe training to learn different departments was very good and allowed for advancement. Held certifications for forklift, and other retrieval equipment.
work
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 11, 2017
great employees, clean and organized, most managers work with you and were respectful. 2955 is the store that i worked at. I loved the motivation of most of the employees and most workers were willing to work as team and support each other. customer service was number one and making sure the customer got all their products in a timely and accurate manner and helping them enter and exit the store feeling satisfied.