Lowe's Employee Reviews

Lowes
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 12, 2018
It was not a bad place to work when I was there but over time the place has changed so much it is lacking structure. Management at times needs to get out of their way and make the right decisions
friendly and calm
Stocker (Former Employee) –  chandler azJuly 12, 2018
it is a friendly environment, calm. it is not a heavy load of work where you will kill yourself but at times it gets slow. there is a lot of learning to do.
Pros
friendly enviorment
Cons
slow at times
liked some of the people i worked with
Lumber Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJuly 12, 2018
when I first started there it was a good place to work but as time went on it became harder to keep people happy you were always short staffed and had tons of work to do with only a few of my fellow worker willing to work hard to get the job done it became very stressfull working there
Pros
emply discount
Cons
no help
Good money
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Porterville, CAJuly 12, 2018
Overall this job is good. All depends on what your job is. Even the lower paying jobs you can’t complain. You come in open boxes do some paper work and help customers. Your in the ac/ heater you get to socialize with co workers.
Flexibility
Interior Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 12, 2018
I have loved working at Lowe's. Lowe's has been amazing for me and my family. There are plenty of opportunities within the company, but an overall great place to work.
bad place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2018
Managers tend to disregard their responsibilities. Overwork people who actually contribute. no advance options. Lack of work culture. Managers tend to give to employees their duties. Lack of leadership.
Pros
Great benefits for full times
Great place, Crazy hours
Sales Associate, Owen (Current Employee) –  Owens Cross Roads, ALJuly 12, 2018
Working part time for Lowe's has helped me work with school. Great place to work at and very friendly environment as well. Hours are crazy you have to flexible and management are good to work with as well.
Pros
Friendly environment, Great co-workers
Cons
Crazy hours
Its an awful place to work although i showed up to work on time everyday i applied for several jobs in store never got an interveiw for a 1 the bosses
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 12, 2018
The bosses play favorites I never got a fair shot for jobs that I was qualified for the bosses would give the jobs to there buddies Lowe's sucks to work for although the pay and benefits were hood
Good people work here, but not for everyone
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Adrian, MIJuly 12, 2018
I loved the people I worked with but the management is was all over, hours were inconsistent and there was no room to move up. The pay was very good for a starting position but it's not always worth the energy required for the job.
Pros
Good people, provided lunch for holidays, good pay
Casier job was easy...
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 12, 2018
The cashier job was easy and fun. The self check out though were hectic because at times they were the only option customers had to check out. The managers and staff were all nice, helpful and easy to work with.
Pros
easy, good pay, nice staff
Cons
week end hour, only cashier at times, part time
The Job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 12, 2018
This job is like any other job it has it's ups and downs but the pay is very well part-time is paid $9 and hour and full-time is paid $10 and hr. you get two days off and with the short staff part-time is given a few more hours than normal. The management is under control and I would recommend this job to anyone. Great environment.
Breakfast in the break room every pay day (bi-weekly)
Loader (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 12, 2018
Local store is a great place to work, Managers are respectful and good mentors. Corporate seems a little messed up with inventory scheduling issues (Too much of something arrives all at once, can't get restocked in timely fashion on items that are selling "Hot".)
Lots of automation in the inventory tracking system, not sure why this happens.
Work schedule fluctuates based on corporate needs, not local store needs.
Good place for independent judgement. Easier to ask for forgiveness than to find someone to give you permission. If I see something that needs to be done, I am expected to do it, then report it, not the other way 'round. Much more fun this way.
Pros
Good flexibility, appreciates common sense approach to work.
Cons
Erratic Hours for seasonal and part-time employees.
Lowe's is going downhill
Sales (Current Employee) –  AnywhereJuly 12, 2018
Managers have no problem showing favoritism. Hardwork and going above and beyond in your job will NOT help you move up in the store. If you are really good at your job management will do everything in its power to keep you right where you are.
Pros
Cons
Zero potential to move up within the company.
great experience
CSA/Loader (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJuly 12, 2018
friendly people working together to help customers, warm during the summer and they have water if you get too hot. had a good 401 K program and also good insurance.
Generally nice people
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 12, 2018
Meet co workers were really great to get along with, it's just that Lowe's did not have enough staff to cover the much needed help in various departments throughout the store. Also I wasn't fond of stopping thieves from stealing inventory. People were injured for doing their and I wasn't willing to put myself on the line for that.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
People stealing inventory and identy theft issues from customers.
Do not I repeat do not work here
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLJuly 12, 2018
When I first started working at Lowes I thought this would be a good job to work for until I found a much better job, unfortunately I learned the hard way about the horrors of working at Lowes. Horrible managers, always cutting hours, the workers they have the maturity level of high shoolers. You'd be lucky to even get 25 hours a week as part time. Management will always find a way to cut employees hours. Lowes practically frown upon upon taking breaks and if you work outside, be sure to bring a water bottle with you, they frown upon going inside to use the bathroom and to get a drink.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Too much to list
Fast Pasted work environment.
Base B+ Agent (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 12, 2018
I would recommend Lowes to my friends and to anyone that likes the fast paced work environment and that had great communication skills. Lowes has amazing benefits as well.
Pros
the pay is good
Cons
a lot of angry customer calls, short lunches
Workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAJuly 12, 2018
Very good place to work the bosses all treat u with good respect there is alot of potential to gain if u work hard great people they train u very well to every piece of equipment
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
Nice place to work
Seasonal Waterer/Customer Service Rep/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 12, 2018
Very nice co workers, flexible hours, good starting pay for retail. They are very fair here and the work is pretty good and not too hard for most people.
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
hours
Great place to work and grow.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MDJuly 12, 2018
Lowe’s is a great place to start a career. Despite the fact that it’s retail, you’re always able to grow and move up in the company. I would consider Lowe’s a tremendously great retail business for today’s society.

58.1K