Lowe's Employee Reviews

Great company
Live Nursery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAAugust 15, 2018
Good company, caring, easy to communicate with. Work hard and they are there to help you. I feel they always have my back. Lowe's got me through a difficult time in my life.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Work holidays
Very good place to at.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 15, 2018
Invironments there are good no tension. Fast paced. Management works with you. Store has their hr manager there. Open door policy. Fun place to work at always having cookouts for our 60 days no accidents.
Pros
Learn a lot.
Cons
Call buttons go off and no one is there. Kids playing around.
Great company to work for!
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSAugust 15, 2018
I worked with Lowes for 8 years, it helped me get through college and offered me a full time job when i graduated. There is room to move up and they offer many management tiers (lower,middle and upper).
Pros
Great Coworkers, Flexible work times/positions, Get to work with contractors, You will learn alot about construction trades
Cons
Rotating schedule, no overtime/commission, only one weekend off a month.
Lowe's Review
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXAugust 15, 2018
Working at Lowe's could be either dreadful or very rewarding. If your store manager did not work, it would probably be a good day. Management at Lowe's they do not lead by example. I know managers there talk behind each others backs with employees about how bad each of them are. Most of them don't want to work at all and will send someone else to take care of customers when customers want to speak to management. The store I worked at had about six very dedicated and hard working employees. There was 120 employees there. Every one of the six hard workers were well known to everybody. Those people were the ones to hold the sale and store together. Management would never let those people advance on the excuse that they were too valuable on the sales floor. It was more like they didn't want them to take their do nothing jobs. The most enjoyable part of the Lowe's experience is helping customers get tasks completed themselves. With good advice from your own knowledge was very rewarding.
Pros
10% off purchases
Cons
Management was aweful
Self Preservation
Customer Service Associate II (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14221August 15, 2018
Management promised advancement and job opportunities. Lies. The managers are not leaders, they are bosses. Everyone believe that they are entitled to being treated with respect, regardless of their actual performance. No one takes their job seriously. It is like being in High School but for grown ups.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
Management sucks
Fast Paced
Load Puller (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDAugust 15, 2018
Was a good place to work and would work there again if I had to. Customer service can be really stressful other than that it was a good job and came with fair wage increases.
customer service
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXAugust 15, 2018
good space to learn and interact with customer.differnt hours so you can work and go to school, just the late night shift are not good if you have kids.
Great Place to Work, TEAMWORK !!
Customer Service/ Assembler (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2018
I Miss working there. . . Great place to work. The People and Team members make all worth wild. . . customers are almost too simple to assist. . . They Know what they go in for. . .At times it's as easy as taking them or guiding them to where the merchandise is at and Helping them load. . .
Decent job
Team Member/ Yard Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  North Vernon, INAugust 15, 2018
Benefits are EXPENSIVE. Overall a good place to work. Management is poor at times and limited advancement is available. All jobs are paid the same except maintenance or management. Best part is the 4 day work weeks.
Pros
4 day workweeks
Cons
Bunch of Overtime in Spring Time, Poor Management at Times, expensive insurance
not a good place to work
dept. supervisor (Former Employee) –  Commack, NYAugust 15, 2018
not a good place when you reach higher salary levels you become targeted. Unless your a cool-aid drinker don,t expect to with them long term. They continue to reinvent the "insanity" wheel ,, you know doing the same things over and over that didn't work at other companies and expecting different results. they don't have a personality as a company
Used to be great, now It's just ok.
Product Service Manager (current) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 15, 2018
Been working there for more than 6 years, have worked multiple positions. When I first started, everyone was paid generously, there were more employees than work, nobody was overworked. Lately due to budget cuts (and in my mind poor company management), there's way too much to do, expectations are through the roof, not enough employees and almost everyone I talk to feels worn out/overworked. Overall, nowadays it's kind of depressing. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good company to work for, but the mindset is all about the money. There's not a lot of focus on employee happiness/satisfaction (I'm not even sure there ever was).
Pros
Work with some great people, paid fairly competitively
Cons
Work with some stupid people, extremly high expectations, too much to do and not enough time
Productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 15, 2018
I loved working there just had to leave cause of colon surgery and it limits my abilities but the management is very well and benefits were also very good except for medical for my condition
Pros
Benefits and raises and good management
Cons
N/a
It is a good place to work for someone whom is going to college.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNAugust 15, 2018
Being a mother of two children, I have needed something full-time since I started. I have yet been able to get a full-time position here after three years of talking to management and HR about it. They typically can work with your schedule or will put you somewhere where they can work with your schedule. It is a friendly environment to work.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXAugust 15, 2018
It was a very fast-paced job and gave me a lot of good starting experience. I was very excited to expand my customer service attributes. There always seems something to do so you would never get bored.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Hot
Great work atmosphere
Customer Service Associate in OSLG (Former Employee) –  Apex, NC 27502August 15, 2018
Great managers. An amazing atmosphere working there. They give employees a discount for working. They also provide free drink for employees who are working in the heat.
Pros
Great management
a days work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAAugust 15, 2018
it was a nice work area. they were about the team it was not fast paced. you did work on your own time and what you got done was always noticed. im happy to have had the opportunity
I currently work at Lowe's, it's a good place to work
Recieving Associate (Current Employee) –  Yukon, OKAugust 15, 2018
I like working at Lowe's. The job is not super stressful, my coworkers are really nice, the management is pretty good and the pay is fair in my opinion.
My personal position
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXAugust 15, 2018
Management didn't communicate well between each other. Our store was like a second family. Hardest part is when I had to correct other peoples's mistakes.
Pros
Was left alone to do what I needed to do.
Cons
Could become stressfull very fast for short times.
Not very friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOAugust 15, 2018
They make you help other departments when they call off and you know nothing about it.some co workers do nothing well we work hard and they tell you want to do like they are the managers. I just didn't really like it there.
Pros
Free lunch and good pay and benefits
Cons
Different departments, long shifts some managers make you do everything
Fast Paced Job
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCAugust 15, 2018
You are held responsible for your actions, but the supervisors are difficult to work with. You do not feel like you are wanted there, The customers are very nice and appreciative.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Supervisors are demeaning to agents

58.2K