Lowe's Employee Reviews

Showing all 29,461 reviews
Fun place to work
Shipping scan loader. (Former Employee) –  Adairsville, GANovember 12, 2018
It’s a good place to work they give you free lunch if you reach your performance once a month it’s not a bad place to work for it’s a good place to work if your single with no bills.
Lowe's: A great company, but not what it used to be.
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GANovember 12, 2018
I want to start with the fact that I have always enjoyed my work at Lowe's and the people I worked with up until the huge corporate restructuring started taking place. Lately, in store management has been squeezing as much as they can out of each employee to a breaking point that has lead to an overall decreased morale. There is a palpable fear and many people have been asking what happens next. The direction of the company is good, but the execution really makes me wonder how they are going to do it.
Pros
Good pay, Great benifets.
Cons
Not the best work/life balance
productive/employees generally work together
reciever (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PANovember 12, 2018
typical day was to unload 3 to 6 trucks and verify product to be redistributed in the facility.for the most part management was okay to work for. most of them appreciated the effort that you had to put in to get the job done.fellow employees were good to work with.
Pros
fellow employees/pay was competative
Cons
some managers weren't as good as some
All work and NO PLAY.
Design and Remodeling Contractor / Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GA and Loganville GANovember 12, 2018
I worked a t two locations in Millworks. At the first location I was being considered for promotion to Contractor sales. But then, the manager I worked for relocated to another state. So I transferred to a new store opening close to home. The manager had some personal issues, and after a while, I was offered more money to leave for another opportunity, so I left, but I am elegible for re hire.
Pros
Kept my head in the game of construction and remodeling.
Cons
The schedule work hours was all over the map. I had to find side jobs to make ends meet.
Scheduling
Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, PANovember 12, 2018
Lowes was very difficult to work for. You would go on deliveries and not know how to put appliance together and managements attitude was just get it there. They scheduled deliveries with the flatbed to area where the truck was not allowed to be because of weight limits and again it was just get it there
Day at Lowes
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Boiling Springs, SCNovember 12, 2018
I feel comfortable walking into work and comfortable doing all of my job asks of me. My manager is very professional and provides me with all the resources I need.
Nice place to work
Truck Driver Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 12, 2018
I really loved working with Lowe's management was great the on my shift worked great togrther.we all commucated very well in other words we got the job done.
Pros
be on time
Cons
stay late
No work life balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 12, 2018
Great company , but don’t expect to have a good work/life balance if you’re a salary manager . One weekend a month , open then close the next day or close then open the next day . They run you like a horse when you’re out of gas they put you out to pasture
Pros
Great salary
Cons
No life
Productive and fun to work for
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 12, 2018
Productive and fun to work for with a cheer for everyday. Great Nascar team and promotions for the Nascar team. Enjoyed the experience to travel and open new stores for Lowes
lowes bluefield va
plumbing pro (Current Employee) –  Bluefield, VANovember 12, 2018
Very understaffed. Very few managers are accountable for problems in the store. noonenisnheld accountable. Lowes is a great starter job. if you are wanting to learn a trade before getting into the profession.
Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 12, 2018
it was an okay job managers were nice when they wanted to be other than that it was fast paced. i was in high school and didnt work alot. Only reason i left was becasue of colllge
its fun in the beginning
csa front end (Current Employee) –  Tilton, NHNovember 12, 2018
after a while of standing as a cashier your back and your legs and feet start to hurt really badly i had to get a doctors note saying i am allowed to sit when needed because of these issues, i also have chronic migraines and it causes me to miss work and their attendance policy won't accept drs notes for excused absences
Pros
the customers are nice and mostly respectful and understanding
Cons
some of the co workers can be jerks times.
Great Company
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 12, 2018
Great company to work for with employee well being a focus. The culture is supportive and collaborative. This is also a great company for succession and advancement.
Not bad
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLNovember 12, 2018
You can work here if youd like to for a retail job. was not a very fast paced job on most days. closer to holidays was the only time it got busy so expect long luls.
n/a
INSTALL COORDINATOR/ CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 11, 2018
Their hours are all over the place, no set schedule, managers change and so does your role. You go where you are needed and you do what you are told.
Horrible
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYNovember 11, 2018
The Lowe’s that I’ve worked at was beyond under staffed. The management was very poor! Managers never answered calls when called for customer issues, and would always try to dodge associates when needed assistance. Managers never wanted to do their jobs , and even often had attitudes when asked for help! Employees often did what they wanted to do , such as taking 20 minute breaks instead of their 15 minute breaks. Newburgh Ny store has got to be the worst place I’ve ever worked at, hands down!
Pros
Good pay but a lot of work
Cons
Poor management and gets very hectic and busy most of the time
Productive and laid back.
Loader, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYNovember 11, 2018
Lowe's isn't a bad place to work they just don't have set schedules or pay to good. But if you're a student and still in school then it wouldn't be to bad of a place to work.
Pros
Hour lunch, and great people
Cons
Pay, and benefits
need to work on scheduling and find a way to get more coverage and flex with student who work there
Pro CSA/ Plumbing Specialist (Current Employee) –  La Habra, CANovember 11, 2018
great workplace if you plan on staying with the company
not too well at making schedules or working with school schedule
typically work 40 hrs full time
Pros
higher positions get good pay
Cons
Lack of floor coverage
Enjoyable environment, relatable peers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Green, OHNovember 11, 2018
Throughout my time working at Lowes, I never had issues with any co-workers or management. Everyone had a job, and each co-worker offered help and encouragement when needed.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Rare promotions
great company
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLNovember 11, 2018
great people , Lowe's customer service value ,excellent,a place people enjoy work activities great company nice benefits,well done work environment ,would do again

58.7K