Lowe's Employee Reviews

Bad Business Model
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCFebruary 19, 2018
A good place to work, but poor high level management. Not a place to advance or grow a career. No advance long term management potential. There is a place for everybody at Lowe's, but Lowes is not for everybody
Fun place to work
KITCHEN AND BATH DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 19, 2018
The emloyees and most of the customer are what made working at this particular lowes enjoyable. The many changes to management at the store level did make work more stressful at times especially when were had alot of managers leaving and coming.
Family feel
Head Cashier / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arvada, CO 80003February 19, 2018
Great company to work for. Great team spirit. All employees watch out for and help each other. Management is approachable and helpful. Training is spot on.
Pros
Very professional company.
Seasonal work
Floor Associate/seasonal (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYFebruary 19, 2018
Learned a lot. Learned how to close down a store, drive boxed trucks and drive a tow motor. Good learning experience, it was just a seasonal job. I really enjoyed the job
Pros
flex schedule
Cons
long hard work days
easy job
Cash Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 19, 2018
working with customers and customer service is a must. Job is very easy to do and on the job training is provided. If you don't like the general public this in not the job for you.
Overnight Forklift Operators have it pretty good
Overnight Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Yukon, OKFebruary 19, 2018
I stock mulch and rock bags with a forklift for 8 hours a night with very little physical labor. the most I'll have to do outside of the lift is adjust forks and break down a pallet. The job is outside and overnight, so it is cold. Managers are friendly and are required to listen because of an open-door policy, but I feel that they take the time and care when you bring a situation to their attention.
Pros
Overnight in a lowe's
Cons
all outdoor work, exposed to the elements
Experience depends on Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Paso Robles, CA/Colorado Springs, COFebruary 19, 2018
A typical day at work was about 10 hours and included handling customer issues, employee issues, coaching employees, and ensuring customers received great service.
My first store had a great SM and the culture there was very positive with most employees working as a team. We enjoyed a lot of success and I looked forward to coming to work.
My second store had a very weak SM and a manipulative HR Manager which made the job very difficult. The culture was very negative and most employees were unhappy. I really didn't want to go to work after a while there.
The hardest part of the job were the schedules which went from opening shift which started at 5am to closing shifts which went to 11pm. There was also a mid-shift. Many weeks you would work all three of those shifts within a five day period. I was always in a state of "jet lag" since my system could not adapt.
The best part of the job were how many great associates and customers I got to work with.
cashier
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Columbia, TNFebruary 19, 2018
greet the customer and proceed to check them out while making sure the alarms in the merchandise is deactivated, and wishing them a good rest of their day.
Great place to begin career
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCFebruary 19, 2018
Good pay, good manager, little room for growth in my area of expertise. Excellent working conditions, great people to work with on daily basis. Nice facilities.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Little room for growth
sales/ delivery
Sales/Driver (Current Employee) –  Opelousas, LAFebruary 19, 2018
I had great time working for Lowe's..I love making delivery and meeting the new clients...a great company to work for.but to move head or for advancement was to political
Poor company
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLFebruary 18, 2018
company is trying to cut headcount by reducing hours and employee pay. Likes to hire seasonal so they don't have to pay benefits. Managers more interested in bonus than employees
nite stock
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCFebruary 18, 2018
i worked on the nite stock crew .. I was good, didn't have to deal with customers or managers just the other people on the crew started when the store closed and ended at 6 am
Management could be better
Front Loader (Current Employee) –  Jackson TennesseeFebruary 18, 2018
Not a consistent schedule and they seem like they don’t work well with the scheduling, some people are better in the mornings some better at closings, and the staffing times are all over the clock
Pros
Casual environment
Cons
Scheduling faults
Fine
Administrative/Customer Service Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHFebruary 18, 2018
I enjoyed it until a new store manager took over. We lost a lot of good, knowledgeable employees. If you can handle the uproar from the restructuring and loss of management, it should be an okay place to work as an hourly associate.
recommend
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNFebruary 18, 2018
Lowe's is a good company to work for. Would recommend to any friend. Plenty of room to move up and easy to relocate if need be. Great benefits and plenty of paid time off.
Pros
good pay, and good benefits
Cons
can be hectic at times
bill matthews job review
Pro Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAFebruary 18, 2018
Great work place to work love working with the people at lowes worked for lowes for 7 years help new employees understand there job .looking for new job advancement.
n/a
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  AlabamaFebruary 18, 2018
It not a good job if you want work life balance. It's more work less life. As a salary manager you are required to work 11-12 hours per shift. All holidays except 2.
Established a loyal customer base. Some became friends outside of lowes
CSA (Former Employee) –  Aiken Heights, SCFebruary 18, 2018
No faith in management. They treat their employees as disposable.Got duplicate work assignments due to no communication among managers.unrealistic work assignments considering we were always understaffed.
Pros
Fellow employees were great
Cons
HR was a joke.Most all managers were incompetant.
Cashier Customer Service
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOFebruary 18, 2018
I helped customers all day with checking them out to helping with returns.
I'm good working with the public.
I loved the people I worked with.
Management was good to work with.
Pros
The poeple
Cons
Again never having a weekend off
Customer Service Representative/Cash room employee (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAFebruary 18, 2018
A decent retail place to work. Basic work requirement. Able to lift and move objects over 50 lbs. The work schedule was nine-hour days with a one-hour lunch break.

57K