Lowe's Employee Reviews

Lowe's
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 23, 2018
I love what I do at Lowe's. I have the opportunity to learn and stretch my abilities. The people I work with are helpful and I enjoy meeting new customers.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Hours
love it
Sales Specialist Pro Services (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEMay 23, 2018
They don't care about the employees been with Lowes 10 years and you decide to terminate me because I was in Rehab. Good luck to your employees. Because your company sucks
decent job
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 23, 2018
work is stressful but what job isn't
unloading freight is okay its just you need to be quick and fast paced because there is only four of you breaking down the truck and you will need to be quick
you 4-5 to break everything down onto pallets and have it done by a certain time and then pulled out to sales floor for the dayy time stokers to put up freight.
a lot of heavy lifting because you get in lawn mowers weed trimmers appliances as well
Customer service is my number one priority. Generating a rapport with consumers is important to me so as to keep the customers coming back.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  near Pittsburgh, PAMay 23, 2018
My review summary takes away from some of the more menial tasks that upset management when I don't get to do all the things need to be done (e.g., making sure that layout of the product aligns with the department plan-o-grams, all product is blocked and clearly on display, signage, pricing, and sales are clear to the customer, etc.) I try to keep up with most of these things, but servicing customers interferes most of the time.
Pros
Excellent company, plenty of opportunity for advamcement, opportunities to deal with a divers group of people, including co-workers and customers.
Cons
Department is understaffed, During a typical 9-hour shift breaks are never taken, Running to the restroom happens about 3 times per shift for about 3 minutes each
overall terrible work environment
Project Specialist Interiors (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 22, 2018
if salaried you are expected to work whenever they think you should, I have not learned anything useful with this job unless patients counts, if anything I have taught more than I have learned, management is terrible especially the store manager. The company is an entire sham that overworks its employees and gives little to no benefits to those that work the most to keep the stores running while managers and those higher up the food chain continue to have multiple weeks vacation and yearly incentives based on the work of specialist
Productive and comfortable work enviornment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 22, 2018
This job was a pleasant experience due to the welcoming nature of the staff and management. Most task seem pretty clear cut and help was always available when I needed it. It was great job for someone without a lot of experience and I provided a variety of skills training.
Pros
Relaxed work enviornment
Cons
Work was sometimes physically strenuous
Great place everyone there to help
Lowe dept manager (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXMay 22, 2018
Every csr that worked me would always out helping others and they knew their jobs we’ll enough that I didn’t have to remind them a lot free up my time to do my project that were tasked for me to do
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Short breaks fast past at times
Nice part time job
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMay 22, 2018
Nice place for someone who is looking for a part time job while working through school or in high school. Best to have a working knowledge of hardware
strenuous and unorganized
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tarentum, PAMay 22, 2018
this job is strenuous in 2 ways, having to hurry up and get loaded and be gone by 8 am and delivering the appliances. Its unorganized
by ways of having to search for item(s) so you can load. Not everything has it's place.
Pros
emplyee discount
Cons
stress, heavy appliances, general public
Driver and Appliance Install
CDL Driver Class B (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 22, 2018
Tough work, but the managers were very responsive and listened. They would organize the routes well, so you wouldnt have to drive from one side of the county to the other.
Mixture of employees, some hard workers, some lazy, but they didn't care, just needed warm bodies.
Mornings were a little chaotic, and somewhat unorganized.
No idea what the next day would be like until you arrived at work and looked at the things that needed delivered.
Great company for new beginnings.
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville FloridaMay 22, 2018
I enjoyed working for Lowe's. Was a great place to start my life over. With lots of training and support. Equal rights for everyone. Glad I was given opportunity to work for them.
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 22, 2018
Strong multi-tasking environment. Lots of customer follow up, designing products that make the customer love where they live, never a day the same. Many stores to work for career advancement.
Pros
Enjoy serving the customers
Cons
Random schedule, working weekends
Garden center
Garden Center associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLMay 22, 2018
Taking care of all of the plants in the garden center was very rewarding. Keeping the shelves stocked and merchandise available, especially during the hurricanes, gave a sense of helping the community.
A great place to work everybody was nice
Loader (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 22, 2018
This was a very easy job sometime it got hard but it had some good hearted people have good indoor and outdoor service they had some good events for the employees I liked events ice cream day, Jersey day, and more
Great Place to work if you are going to school
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAMay 22, 2018
I was a college student while working with Lowe's and I would work on the weekend team to make some extra cash while going to BBCC for System Administration. If you want something not too difficult with plenty of advancement opportunity and easy to please customers this job is great for you!
Pros
1 hour lunch, Amazing Healthcare Benefits.
Cons
clock out for lunches is mandatory.
Good company to work for provided you make some adjustments
Plumbing Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Millville, NJMay 22, 2018
As with all retail jobs this one makes it hard to have a work/life balance, this is because their business is based on customers doing projects during their free time and your job is to help them with all their home improvement needs. To put it simply When you are off everybody is working and when everybody is working you are off. There are a few set schedules but by and large you will be working a rotating schedule with set days off by no consistent time frame. All full timers will get 39 hours guaranteed but part time hours will vary widely between 10-30 depends on the needs of the store. That is the key phrase when working for Lowe's "based on the needs of the store". I still found the job very rewarding when helping a customer solve a plumbing issue or completing a bathroom remodel project.
Pros
10% discount, Benefits
Cons
Work Schedule
The worse management personnel I have ever worked with.
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 22, 2018
To start off with, there isn't any training. They place you in a position and expect you to be able to do your job within a month because you worked side by side with another employee (not a manager or supervisor). It takes forever to get power equipment training, which that's what you need to do your job. So they expect you to shelve boxes over your head (5 feet to 10 feet) weighting (1 lbs to several lbs) by climbing ladders several times. Advancement is a joke! it's who you know, not what you know. I have seen employees you just started with Lowes ( 4 months) and move through the ranks faster then employees who have been there for years. The structure is horrible, no one wants to fix the problem, all they want to do is point the finger to each other. Why have managers if they are not going to do their job. People get away with anything there, Late to work, eating up the clock and not working, Not working at all and walking around while others are busting their butt. When you bring this to the managers attention, it goes by deaf ear. Ever department and ever shift talks about each other and points the finger. No one wants to do their job in management but collect a check. If corporate really wants to know what's going on in their stores, speak to the people that really care (the employees that work).
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Management is horrible
Summer Job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Clay, NYMay 22, 2018
Was a perfectly fine summer job. We were sometimes very understaffed; hiring more people for each store would probably solve that problem and allow for better customer care.
Delivery
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Waipahu, HIMay 22, 2018
Its long hours but the over time makes up for the time lost with your loved ones. Management needs improvement a lot of them don't care about the workers. Just worried about the deliveries going out.
nice summertime job
Customer Service Associate (CSA) (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 22, 2018
i water plants in the garden center, i also assist customers with purchases
i report safety issues and problems with plants to supervisors
i can pace myself to do the required work
Pros
good pay
Cons
supervision is lacking

57.8K