Lowe's Employee Reviews

fast pace, fun working enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 20, 2018
great management, great work hours, and will work with school hours, competitive pay, annual raises, great online learning tools, hands on training.lunch and learn classes.
great place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 20, 2018
friendly environment
Workplace culture is good,
sometimes management gets too hard on the employees by providing less staff.
Every Friday we have a potluck for each department.
Pros
great environment and friendly co-workers
Cons
sometimes less staff and management issues
Come for the pay stay for the friends you make
Lumber Associate (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VAJuly 19, 2018
I've met a lot of nice people here at lowes even customers but its time to move on from this place. Pay is what made me want to leave this place I know my worth is higher than what they're paying me.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
If you aren't cool with the managers don't expect to move up
No hay motivacion para asesores, no respetan los procesos ni ven por el personal
Jefe de Departamento (Current Employee) –  MonterreyJuly 19, 2018
Muy buena empresa mal enfocada por el personal que esta en gerencias, no hay apoyo ni empatia con los asesores.
Exceso de actividades sin valorar la capacidad de cada empleado.
Pros
Nuevo aprendizaje
Cons
No hay horas extras, no se respeta el horario laboral, exceso de trabajo
alright place
Flooring Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Daphne, ALJuly 19, 2018
Managers only care about the high people in the company but not there employees. There's barely any diversity at Lowe's I currently work at. They didn't transfer me when I asked so, currently, I might lose my job. The employees are wonderful people to work with but they don't treat them right some will get away with a lot and some work very hard and never appreciated.
benefits
Cons
no advancements, managers
Productive and well paced environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJuly 19, 2018
Typically the environment at Lowe's was very productive. Getting along with coworkers was easy and cooperating with them and management in order to solve issues adequately, was more than enjoyable.
Great co workers and customers
Fulfillment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COJuly 19, 2018
I really enjoyed working here. I meet some amazing people. Learned a few new customer service skills. Enjoyed that ever day was different and interesting.
na
Truck Unloader/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXJuly 19, 2018
Wasn't at this job very long but they seem to have a somewhat decent ability to promote. My manager asked if i was willing to not join the military and i would be groomed for assistant store manager, but i was able to make more in the military and provide for my family that way.
Lowes
Admin Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAJuly 19, 2018
Great learning and Benefits and Holiday pay. Fast pace family feeling with co workers only things that sucks is you work most weekends and Holidays but at least you get time and a half.
Benefits
Cons
slow pay raise
High speed day
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Warren, PAJuly 19, 2018
your usually watching a few departments at a time. High paced environment.Fast paced. Holding three phones and handling multiple customers.Driving equipment.
Pros
Lots of wonderful co-workers
Cons
Unpredictable hours.
Productive work place and strong people
Paint Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Shallotte, NCJuly 19, 2018
Restock paint products. Learned how to mix paint and color match customers paint needs. Management was amazing and well to work with. Over all Great Job.
No Fun involved
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJuly 19, 2018
It is retail. I am getting older and I did not enjoy it. Shift work is hard, no advancement for me, Did not enjoy doing it. Long hours, weekends and holidays.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Physically demanding.
Terrible Management
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 19, 2018
Management at Lowes in Lancaster,PA was awful. No one knew what was going on because there was no communication.
If you were not a sales specialist you mine as well be prepared to do ALL the work because the sales specialist were the ONLY people in the stores that weren't allowed to do anything except sell details, do estimates, and help the customer. They were told if they were seen downstocking they would be written up. So as a CSA it was irritating as the sales specialist just sat there and did nothing to help make the departments look presentable for customers.
Cons
Management, Hours, Pay/work load ratio
lots of work to be done
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Essex Junction, VTJuly 19, 2018
Ever changing to meet changing customer demands. Like most places you will get more out of it if you put more effort into it. They try to be associate focused.
Can be a good place to work.
Sales Specialist - Flooring (Monett) (Former Employee) –  Monett, MOJuly 19, 2018
The work is challenging at times but after training and time working in the job, you learn how to work with customers to sell Lowe's products. Long time employees are a benefit to helping your learning curve.
Lowea
Door loader (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJuly 19, 2018
This was by far the best job I every had..I loved this job I had to leave it because I did not live close and finding transportation was very hard so I found a closer job.
Undergoing transition
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYJuly 19, 2018
Ok place to work if you can handle the stress. Management varies widely from location to location. Constantly evolving so be ready to embrace changes every day.
Fast pace enviroment
Back End Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Sumter SC store #0626July 19, 2018
Great company, excellent benefits and always believing in taking care of customers. Flexible working environment with different work/customer challenges hourly.
Deplorable Enviroment
RTM Clerk (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 19, 2018
Poor communication between managers and disrespect toward anyone who isn't a manager. This company states that they are an equal opportunity employer. This is a false statement.
Pros
Work Schedule
Cons
Holidays
Could have been better
Team Leader, Sales (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 19, 2018
At the time I worked for Lowe's there was a high turn over in the upper management of our store and region. This put a lot of stress on the middle management and caused many issues.

While I enjoyed working with my immediate coworkers and department managers the job was simply a paycheck for me while I looked for something else.

58.1K