Lowe's Employee Reviews

Co workers where so mean to one another lost of confusion hated to go to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Schererville, INOctober 17, 2018
I never had a job I hated as much as I hated working at Lowe's boring slow mangers don't do their job well theirs A LOT of work place bullies and aren't held reasonable for the actions I think they need classes on how to treat their fellow co workers and customers
Pros
Cons
Negative energy
Lowe's
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 17, 2018
A great company to work for, great benefits and room for growth if you like the selling environment. Company on a new path new CEO so a lot of things are changing.
It used to be a great place to work.
Support Manager/Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 17, 2018
All I’ll say is one bad manager can ruin an entire store. Two bad managers is lethal. Loved my job until the above mix happened. They made it obvious when it was your time to go.
Pros
Co workers were awesome
Cons
Team effort
the equivilent of free gym membership
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAOctober 17, 2018
As a sales associate I am on my feet all the time, walking or standing while doing work. The exercise is great. Interacting with customers can be both the most enjoyable part of the day and not so much. Some have good ideas for their project. Others only a concept that we need to work out details for. It can be interesting. Many part time coworkers have Lowe's as their second job and have worked there for years.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
concrete floors
day at work
Load Puller (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLOctober 17, 2018
getting orders organized by pulling orders and calling customers to confirm deliveries. In between going around to store and helping other departments and customers
Pros
Not Rushed
Cons
Part time not a lot of hours
Fun work place
Paint Associate, cashier, customer service (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 17, 2018
Best job I ever had.. meeting new people everyday. Have a great morning meeting to get your day started. If you love meeting and helping new people you will love working at Lowe’s.
N/a
Customer Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAOctober 17, 2018
I really don't know why I am being asked to review Lowes. While I did work there, it was really for only for a short period of time, and, depending on which store I was at, I really liked it.
Grateful
Sales Specialist Plumbing (Former Employee) –  James Island, SCOctober 16, 2018
My Job was amazing I did everything that was asked There was team work. My job was to accomplish all the goals that were given to me at the beginning of the day.
Typical Days
Lowe's Home Improvement (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSOctober 16, 2018
Lowe's is a great place to meet new people, and learn new things. It can be fast-paced certain time of the day which makes it fascinating. Some days will be hard, but its worth it.
Pros
New skills, new friends
Cons
Short breaks
Work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INOctober 16, 2018
Great place to work great Benefits Great pay career advancements you can learn so much from DIY projects to plumming to paniting I learned so much working her I have knowledge in every department The hardest part of my job is being away from my child and most enjoyable part is helping customers love where they live
Pros
Learning so much about do it your self
Cons

Want to know more about Lowe's?

Ask a question
Good p[ace for starter job
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAOctober 16, 2018
Its retail so it is not high paying.
Good benefit options,
The are no rain outs since the vast majority of jobs are indoors.
Tight on money generally no opportunities for overtime.
Daytime jobs require lots of hour and day fluctuations, making it difficult to plan personal life or a supplemental job.
Pros
Inside
Cons
Pay and hours
Roles and Responsibilities
QA Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCOctober 16, 2018
• Worked in Kanban methodology and Agile with Scrum Process for the development of the product.
• Analyzed Business requirement documents for creation and execution of Test Scripts, Test Cases and User Scenarios to provide optimal end-to-end test coverage.
• Extensively involved in all stages of testing life cycle SDLC & STLC.
• Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites using TestNG, Selenium, JAVA and Jenkins.
• Used Maven, Sauce Labs to execute Selenium automation suites on different platform, browser combinations in parallel.
• Implemented Page Objects, Data Driven, and Keyword Driven Frameworks using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
• Implemented Page Object Model for UI Automation in Selenium Web Driver.
• Extensively used JIRA for test planning, bug tracking and reporting tools followed up with the development team to verify Bug fixes and update bug status.
• Worked in using the XPath, Chropath, Firebug and Fire Path for Locator elements.
• Involved in testing the API services using Postman.
• Used Jenkins as continuous integration tool to run automated test suites.
• Used GIT for Code check-ins and checkouts for Bitbucket/Stash.
• Used Bitbucket as our Centralized Repository.
• Generated defect reports using QC and JIRA for issues found during testing and provided accurate testing status.
• Effectively Communicated testing status to QA lead and offshore team.
Good place to work. Only start out as part time.
Cashier / Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Morehead City, NCOctober 16, 2018
Lowes cares about employees and takes care of them. Hard work and can be frustrating. They listen to you and do their best to help when they can. Some managers on the store level are not as good as others.
Allows you to expand your skill set.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 16, 2018
Have made many advancements while working here. The management is supportive, however staffing can be an issue. Ability to learn many different departments. Have obtained three different power equipment licenses. Given a high level of respect. Managers listen and take into consideration your concerns.
Pros
Understanding Management and decent compensation.
Cons
Low staffing
Different
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSOctober 16, 2018
It has changed a lot. A lot of downsizing and releasing of the veteran associates seems to be the norm. All new faces wanted! And not for full time. I’m not what’s going on with Lowes
Highly stressful
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCOctober 16, 2018
The store was poorly staffed. Never enough coverage in departments. Managers were hard to reach and most times could be found sitting in the back. Would make it difficult for us at customer service
Pros
1 hour for lunch
Cons
cut throat environment
Great workplace
Truck Unloader/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXOctober 16, 2018
Great hours, great managers, the pay was great, I would reccomend people working here, the only reason I left is because they wouldn't switch me off of a certain schedule.
Over acheiving at Lowes
Commercial Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAOctober 16, 2018
I am a highly driven employee that is a bit out of place in a retail environment where most are just putting in hours. I take missing targets in the Pro department and at times tried to inspire and motivate my teammates with some level of success. I carry the department, however, individual sales are not commissioned based on departments but more on the overall store. This form tends to stifle those who over achieve at their jobs. I like Lowes but at our store we currently have many managers that are good workers lack key managerial skills in order to hold others accountable, train others under them and organize staff.
Pros
match 401k, stability and security, paid vacation
Cons
Lack of some leadership at the store level in some key positions
It was okay.
Customer Care/ Tool Department (Current Employee) –  White Lake, Mi 48329October 16, 2018
I was okay.
People were ok.
Learned how some customers were willing to take chances with tools.
Management was hit or miss.
Dealing with the fact that everyone was not really dedicated to job at hand.
Pros
Clean
Cons
To many employee's standing around talking
Relaxed but fast pace at times
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 16, 2018
I really enjoy working at Lowes but at this stage in my life I need full time employment. The management is approachable. For the most part Lowes is a great to work

58.5K