Lowe's Employee Reviews

Educational
Paint Associate (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCJuly 20, 2018
The customers hit you with hard questions. as long as you know or can find help with what they need the job is pretty simple. heavy lifting is evolved and you will always bee on your toes about IRP's but tell me a job that doesn't challenge you
Pros
insurance
Cons
short lunches. no coverage in departments
Competitive and Stressful work place
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 20, 2018
The workplace can be fun and interesting it all depends on the management. During prime hours managers are difficult to find when needed and coworkers have lack of motivation.
Pros
Free lunches occasionally, paid vacation, 401k and more
Cons
Lack of management team, hours are bad, lack of employees
utter incompetence of management which was corrected after my firing!!
Overnight Stocker/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 20, 2018
well are job on paper was to replenish all retail stock but the unloaders couldn't complete their job on time so we would be able to complete our jobs so we ended doing both which always put our crew behind and caused my discontent!!
Pros
Cons
pure management failure
Hard work unrecognized
Installs Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 20, 2018
You can only get a promotion is when you chit chat with management the hard works are normally not recognized. They have no back bone for the employees that have been there for years but are not following the policy's or being responsible.
Good place to be
Servcie Manager (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MT 59801July 20, 2018
Good place to be. I really did not want to put anything into this section but it is not giving me any kind of a choice. Pay was good, hours were always different every week no matter what.
I loved working for Lowes. I learned so much and made life long friends.
Customer Service Representative and Paint Pro (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJuly 20, 2018
Would love to work for Lowes again. I am moving to the aransas pass area and need to have employment. I have experience, in all aspects of Lowes skills and sells. Specialized in paint and contractor sales. I know kronos, iphone apps ect.
Pros
Loved enviroment, and helping people
Cons
Need full time position
Ok to fill in blanks
Outside Lawn and Garden Associate (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJuly 20, 2018
Can’t live on the pay. No performance incentives. Very little training in any department they assign you to. Seems to be unwilling to solve problems or listen to suggestions that would make the department run better.
Pros
Free coffee. Some free meals at times
Cons
Pay
Great people to work with
Appliance Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 20, 2018
I enjoyed working at Lowe's and the people were always offering a helping hand when needed. They were interested in what was going on in your life. Some of the bosses we're good too.
n/a
Install Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJuly 20, 2018
company does not stand behind there employees, they lie to get there own way in unemployment dispute, I was injured on the job and even though I had prof of what had happened in unemployment and had a operation on down in time I was refused and the injury occurred ad lowes
Great company
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJuly 20, 2018
I enjoy my job but I do wish some people would do there job and not make others redo or take over their slack but over all I do enjoy my job and just wish I would pick more hours up
Pros
Cookouts
Cons
Short breaks
A Quagmire
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 20, 2018
At the Gilbert Lowes, store 2808, things all seem good and on the up and up at first but it fades quickly. There are several very good Service Managers in the store but they don't control very much. The few good ones do their best to correct and smooth over the very poor decisions and actions of the upper management and HR manager. In the time I have been there I have posted for 10+ other positions, all of which would have been a raise for me. I have been interviewed ONCE. The store management typically has their person in mind for posted positions and posting the position is just a formality. I've been told by associates with a lot of seniority that if you post for a position outside the store, the other store will call your store and ask about you which is normal, but almost always, at my store, the other store is told that the associate is on project and they won't release them so you don't even get an interview. I have personally experienced "selective policy enforcement", meaning I was told something I was doing or wearing or a request I made was against policy and to stop wearing or doing that or that is why your request was denied only to witness the exact same behavior from other associates go uncorrected and similar requests instantly approved. The general morale in the store is poor and from what I have seen most people don't like the company. The pay is fine for very young people just starting their working careers or for retirees filling in time. It's easy to stay there and mark time if you don't plan on going anywhere. For the people who actually need to make a  more... living, support a family, or advance their careers, I would look elsewhere.  less
Pros
Air conditioning
Cons
Management, organization, lack of fairness
Laid back place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Destin, FLJuly 20, 2018
This is a very laid back place to work. It depends on which department you work in though. As a cashier, it is easy breezy. The only downfall to being a cashier is that you can't move further than 15 feet from your register unless you get permission from a head cashier. When it gets really slow, all you do is stand by your register and hope the time goes by.
friendly work enviorment
Head cashier (Former Employee) –  North Providence, RIJuly 20, 2018
Greeting customers as they entered store, resolved any problems the customer may have had. scheduled lunches and breaks for all front end associates. worked closely with management staff to schedule delivery's and customer pickups, as well as customer issues.
Pros
fun and friendly
Fast paced.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAJuly 20, 2018
Loved the job. I was let go because Lowe's has a different points program than the DMV. Overall the people I worked with were great. It's a shame to see the good ones go without any chance.
Pros
Great job.
Cons
Let the good ones go.
poor
Seasonal Full Time (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAJuly 20, 2018
for starters, they don't train anyone and they only help themselves. they will fire people on there day off without remorse. they treat their customers terrible plus the managers don't care there racist, misogynistic and lazy.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything is wrong with lowes
Driver
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARJuly 20, 2018
Laid back ,never know when u get off just know when to show up but overall not a bad place to work dealing with customers in daily basis is interesting
Pros
Bring out of the store
Cons
Dont know when u get off
fast pace, fun working enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 20, 2018
great management, great work hours, and will work with school hours, competitive pay, annual raises, great online learning tools, hands on training.lunch and learn classes.
great place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 20, 2018
friendly environment
Workplace culture is good,
sometimes management gets too hard on the employees by providing less staff.
Every Friday we have a potluck for each department.
Pros
great environment and friendly co-workers
Cons
sometimes less staff and management issues
Come for the pay stay for the friends you make
Lumber Associate (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VAJuly 19, 2018
I've met a lot of nice people here at lowes even customers but its time to move on from this place. Pay is what made me want to leave this place I know my worth is higher than what they're paying me.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
If you aren't cool with the managers don't expect to move up
No hay motivacion para asesores, no respetan los procesos ni ven por el personal
Jefe de Departamento (Current Employee) –  MonterreyJuly 19, 2018
Muy buena empresa mal enfocada por el personal que esta en gerencias, no hay apoyo ni empatia con los asesores.
Exceso de actividades sin valorar la capacidad de cada empleado.
Pros
Nuevo aprendizaje
Cons
No hay horas extras, no se respeta el horario laboral, exceso de trabajo

58.1K