Lowe's Employee Reviews

Amazing coworkers, awful management
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYDecember 17, 2017
Would enjoy a place on employment that respects its employees. Working 4x as many departments as the rest some coworkers is unacceptable. Pay was very reasonable
A well paying slow day
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Avondale, PADecember 17, 2017
You are on your feet your whole day, and the hours drag by. The management needed improvement, but the pay is great and there are definitely opportunities for advancement. I was not in a good place when I worked here so my experience with it was not great. Take this review with a grain of salt.
Pros
Well paying, 10% discount.
Cons
You have to clock out for smoke breaks.
Sad place to work
Retread technician (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INDecember 16, 2017
Can't wait to find a better job.management has alot to b desired.poor communication with employees.Way to much favoritism.never now what shift in may be working from one day to the next.
Pros
No prod
Cons
Management sucks
Great place to work and great staff
Unloader (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVDecember 16, 2017
Lowe's is a good company with great employees, but most positions at Lowe's do not offer full-time hours. My current position allows me only twenty-four hours a week.
Fun workfirce
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Gratiot, MIDecember 16, 2017
My only problem with Lowes was that during your training they never give you an employee handbook which tells you what is expected of you as a Lowes employees. They wait until you do something wrong then write you up and then tell you about rules and procedure in the employees handbook which you were never given!!!!! The training sucks for front end cashier!! They just throw you at the register and tell you to smile and thanked the customer. But never tell you about opening the store or closing that you are responsible for unlocking doors at opening and locking doors at closing!! Mind you this is at the Fort Gratiot, Michigan store I don't know how they do at other Lowe's.
Pros
Catered food, very flexible hours
Cons
Poor Assistant store managers
Love Lowes
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingsland, GADecember 16, 2017
My overall experience working with Lowes has been great. Management has always been very helpful with scheduling my hours around my classes and being supportive beyond work.
Working for Lowes was the one of greatest experience I ever had.
CDL Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVDecember 16, 2017
Overall, Great management, very safe place to work for, great and up to date equipments this make the the job very enjoyable.
Great resources and great communications
Retail home Improvement store
Appliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Mifflin, PADecember 16, 2017
Found working for Lowes very enjoyable. Employees were great and lots of fun during slow times and everyone was more then willing to help during busy time.
Emplyees like family...mgmt never have your back..not a place that a type 1 diabetic can handle
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Forney, TXDecember 16, 2017
Horrible inconsistency.. 6 am 10...cashiers have to clean bathrooms yuk!!#if your late shift...sweep mop..empty trash clean break room.....it was 👎nothing else to say!!!#####
Pros
Enjoyed custoners and fellow workers
Cons
No work life balance at all
Good job for someone needing a job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milan, TNDecember 16, 2017
A typical work day is fast paced even when everything is running smoothly. More and better trained personal. In most instances sales and the customer satisfaction out way the concerns of the associates.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
More work than current staff can handle
worked until closed
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Spearwood WADecember 16, 2017
I worked in a store that was eventually closed. i worked until the end. worked with some great people, was disappointed when i was not relocated.

was great, honest work and I loved the customers
Pros
pay day
Day goes by fast keep to yourself come to work you'll be fine
Scan loader (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GADecember 16, 2017
Need a job to start ok first job . Could be a ok place if management was better pay was better hours are good vacation is fair benefits would be good if pay was better.
Pros
Good for those going to school they have weekend shifts
Cons
Low pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Marysville, oh Springfield, ohDecember 15, 2017
Great place to work, lots of advancement! Great place to advance in your career and great benefits!! Great place to learn and utilize all the skills needed for retail.
Busy Day
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thibodaux, LADecember 15, 2017
On a typical busy day you may not get a break but you will definitely get a lunch. For those who work 5 hours or less they might not get a break on a very busy day.
Pros
lunch
Cons
Breaks
Lowe's is a good company, just not the my store
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NY 12205December 15, 2017
Walk the store of which you intend to apply to. To get the feel of the people you will be working with. Pretend to be a customer for a day and observe others.
Enjoyed the job and people
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Staunton, VADecember 15, 2017
I was a devoted employee for over 20 yrs. It was time for me to retire from full time. They could not offer me a part time position. It is a great place to work
Management Issues
Project Specialist Interiors (Former Employee) –  Littleton, NHDecember 15, 2017
We went thru five store managers in less than ten years and as many if not more human resources managers.They eventually just got rid of the human resources position all together. Maybe it should have been the store manager position.
Everyone has an agenda and it never includes honestty, communication and particularly team work. Very cut throat. The hardest part of the job was really trying to figure out what it was that Lowe's wanted from me. The best part of the job was the customers.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
micro management culture - no communication
They praise people that do nothing compared to the people that bend lver backwards.
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 15, 2017
I am having to look for another job due to the hours getting cut. I have been here a little over a year and have seen this store just go down hill. I enjoyed the people I work with for the most part.
Pros
Celebrations
Cons
Hours
Excellent Company...
Customer Service and Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 15, 2017
Lowe's empowers it's employees to do the best job possible. The company provides many tools and techniques to allow the employees to meet the customer's needs in a timely and professional manner.
Great team environment
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BCDecember 14, 2017
Great team environment. Management still struggles with the treatment and following procedures. Working with a strong team on sales floor makes the job more enjoyable.