Lonza Employee Reviews

Challenging work environment
Specialist (Current Employee) –  TuasAugust 16, 2019
As a CMO, Lonza is very sensitive about bottom line. A lot of decisions we make are based on getting the best profits out of the work. It is very fast-paced here. Work life balance can be challenging. People are friendly and collaborative, management however is very task oriented.
Satisfied enough
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeApril 8, 2019
had new challenge and carried out through all activities of responsibilities . various kinds of construction strategies to resolve and decide . finally , I had satisfied in terms of construction management strategies .
Pros
Contract
Cons
Pharm extension factory project
friendly and welcoming
Intern (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 2, 2019
I worked there for a short span of 5months but the staff there were all nice and friendly. I was assigned to the Quality Assurance section where we handled editing and proof-reading documentation. It was a head turner as I would have a lot of documents to look through and edit, but it was worthwhile as people recognized you and comment on the job well done. Even as an intern they valued my comments during weekly meetings with the head management of the team.
Pros
clean working envirnment
Cons
missing the transport at the pick up area
Friendly working environment
Intern - Deviation Investigation (Former Employee) –  TuasMay 24, 2018
As interns, the people in my department (Deviation Investigation Team under Manufacturing) are welcoming. They are always willing to teach when time allows. Bringing us interns inside manufacturing sides to observe the how the processes run, bringing to board meetings. The whole company is a multi-racial seeing there people coming from different ethnicity. Most challenging would be the distance, however there are company buses picking up from multiple pick-up points. Through this internship, I got to make friends from different polytechnic and create a bond with my colleagues.
Fast Paced work
Senior Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 18, 2018
As a CMO, we get exposed to many products and processes.
Work life is hectic with tight timelines.
Very supportive team and management.
A good place to work with decent benefits.
Stable employer
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeDecember 14, 2017
Lonza offered a number of challenges for an individual. A stressful production schedule. Aggresive and demanding. Contract manufacturing offers mundane workplace.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Demanding
productive
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  TuasNovember 29, 2017
very productive employees, i have learned the manufacturing processes through this internship which colleagues are very helpful with newcomers. I also learned how to communicate with different types of perople.
Pros
quite environment
Cons
far from city area
Good company to grow with
Technical specialist (Current Employee) –  TuasNovember 8, 2017
Generally , lonza is a good company with great people around.
Plenty of rooms to grow and a lot of new things to learn everyday.
The culture and the people are nice with less stress.
Work load is manageable and bosses are considerate.
Colleagues are helpful and friendly.
Lonza is encouraging everyone to participate and contribute in their own way.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Low salary
Great place for career growth and knowledge development
Manager (Current Employee) –  TuasAugust 2, 2017
Very fast phase manufacturing environment. Business is driven by established KPIs. Management and Staffs are committed to deliver the business objectives.
Fun workplace and productive
Internship (Former Employee) –  TuasJuly 1, 2017
Throughout my internship with this company, I have never felt any stress working with colleagues and always felt that they will always be there for me whenever I need help or assistance with my work. The company also values family time and team bonding as it is important to have a work and social life balance.

What I learned throughout my internship was to assist in management of the facilities in the company as well as maintaining cleanliness of the company and also working with external vendors for disposal of biohazard waste for example.
Pros
Cheap canteen food, friendly and funenvironment
Cons
Location from my house is a bit far from my house
work experience
Engineering Department Facilities Office Intern (Former Employee) –  TuasJune 30, 2017
I understood how important was the role of each technical operator. they made sure the safety, the continuity of the production line. all of them were hard working.
Productive environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  SingaporeApril 18, 2017
The people in the company were friendly and accepting.
They still with held information about the company as we were interns but most of the times tried to include us in discussions.
They valued our options too.
Pros
Good Food
Cons
No way out except buses provided and taxi
Learnt a lot from this company on work life based.
Process Validation Assistant (Former Employee) –  TuasMarch 29, 2017
Learnt the culture of working, linking up with various departments to get project done. The people working in Lonza is very helpful and easy going. Always willing to help one another along the way and as a team we accomplished more than required within the time frame.
Pros
Free drink
Fun workplace
Validation (Former Employee) –  TuasMarch 28, 2017
I'm under an internship in this company as an validation. Such a fun and enjoyment place to work at. What I'm doing is to place an agar at the clean unity to check if the place is clean or not before that we need to wear scrub before we go in.
MNC with established system
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  TuasMarch 4, 2017
MNC with established system. highly competitive environment. Profit oriented company with ok stuff benefit. Development for staff is one of its priority.
Fun environment
QC intern (Former Employee) –  TuasJanuary 16, 2017
Has a very casual working environment. The company place a strong emphasis on the quality of medical products produced (conforms to very strict GMP standards).
Highly productive and fun workplace
BIOTECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  SingaporeDecember 22, 2016
working at Lonza Biologics is wonderful and milestone experience for those want to develop carrier in biotechnology ,biopharma industry. Plant is worlds leading contract manufacturing organization Quality system operated are at international standards. Workplace is highly productive and helpful.
HR specialist (Current Employee) –  35 Tuas Ave 6October 23, 2016
This is very special industry and working environment are rather safe and strict due to compliance and company policy. The most enjoyable part of the job will be interactive with different co-colleagues and learn new things.
Pros
Company transport provided
Cons
Long hours and distance
Great and excellent place to work and learn
Manufacturing Intern (Former Employee) –  Tuas southAugust 24, 2016
Doing my normal routine going in to the plant changing the water for injection (WFI), preparing water sampling equipments and performing the water sampling. Learning the importance of safety at work and some of the test done by the biotech. My colleagues are very friendly and helpful, whenever i'm in doubt i'll surely approach my biotech for help. The most enjoyable part of the job got to be the satisfaction feeling of completing task assign to me with good feedback and gaining new skills.
Blaming Culture
SAP / DMS Administrator (QA Systems) (Current Employee) –  Tuas SouthJune 22, 2016
Need to be ultra careful at all times. Blaming culture instilled in workplace when there are conflicts. Most times no guidance from management for non-routine/routine tasks. Promotions are hard to come by.

Unable to find a balance between work and family life.
Pros
Na
Cons
No Work Life Balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lonza. Our community is ready to answer.

Lonza Reviews by Location