League of Conservation Voters Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Decent pay, poor hours
Field Organizer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 30, 2016
A typical day for a field organizers looks like running a phone bank shift in the morning, canvassing in the afternoon, making recruitment calls for several hours following lunch (typically from 4-8) then entering data until 9 or 10.

You do learn a lot about how political campaigns operate, and get to work alongside ambitious and passionate people. Organizers typically tend to be recent college grads, so the job offers a unique social opportunity for young professionals.

I didn't find the management, however, to be very helpful or even competent. In my experience, field directors and political directors tend to view organizers as expendable. People were let go all the time for no better reason than the boss not liking them. Job security is flippant, and there aren't many opportunities for upward advancement in campaign life, since the work ends as soon as the election does.

The hardest part of the job was the hours. We were working seven days a week between Labor Day and Election Day with no days off, typically 10-12 hour days. It begins to wear on you soon, and can have a big toll on your personal relationships outside of work. You'll hardly ever see your friends or family.
Pros
Competitive pay, especially for recent college grads.
Cons
Very poor work life balance, little room for growth in the organization.
Fun workplace with friendly coworkes
Intern (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 2, 2015
I would go in and phone bank and we would have conversations about a wide variety of interesting topics inbetween calls. Everyone was very helpful and friendly, and encouraged me to be the best intern I could be.
Pros
Loose schedule
Cons
No pay
Great Team Environment
Lead Field Organizer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 5, 2014
I work with and managed 7 other co-workers to ensure a stable work environment.