KPMG Employee Reviews

Found 75 reviews matching the search See all 6,089 reviews
KPMG Summary
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Central SingaporeAugust 14, 2017
Work at KPMG Services Pte Ltd is very hard, but it forces anyone to grow at a very fast pace.

It is a good company to begin the career as an auditor due to the high exposure to many different kinds of clients and tight deadlines.

KPMG also has an excellent graduate programme, where they closely trace your growth within the company.
Pros
Excellent graduate programme
Good learning environment
Senior Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  RafflesJune 30, 2017
Very friendly learning environment with lots of peers. Steep learning curve with lots of opportunities to make use of skills learnt. However, working hours can be very long during peak periods.
Pros
Good learning environment
Good supported
SYSTEM EXPERT (Former Employee) –  ECO SPACEJune 28, 2017
Nice work location, People are good to support if difficult, KPMG looking like abroad country , Good respect to every people, less work pressure, equality,
Productive and vibrant workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raffles QuayJune 19, 2017
The company provides me with different set of opportunities and tasks to challenge myself every time. With their unspoken rule of 'hot-seat', everyone can sit wherever they want, which provides for more freedom and interaction with one another.

Being given menial tasks such as running errands to more analytical ones like research work and crafting powerpoint, I was presented opportunities to showcase different aspect of skillsets. I was able to learn more about the company and from everyone in it.
Pros
The staff lounge
Cons
Overwhelming workload at times
Prestigious and Competitive Workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 2, 2017
Typical work day:
- Work is project-based and while not on project, you will be benched temporarily
- Work is usually team-based and is competitive
- working independently is essential
- no levy for mistakes

Management:
- Rarely get to interact with upper management
- Performance is strictly monitored

Workplace culture
- Stressful at the lower levels of employment
- Competitive culture - Promotion is based on years of experience and performance
- Frequent workplace events to bond colleagues

Hardest part of job
- Long work hours
- Tight deadlines

Enjoyable part of job
- Workplace events are fun and enjoyable
Good place to start career
Senior Associate, Audit (Financial Services) (Current Employee) –  RafflesApril 23, 2017
Job advancement is very fast (promotion every year), but the hours are crazy (could work past midnight every day for weeks non-stop). Colleagues are pleasant.
I am on contract so cannot describe the exact benefits
SCM & Procurement Solution Lead (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 28, 2017
I am on contract so cannot describe the exact benefits. Still the management needs to improve the competency and the management needs to be improved its culture
Good working culture
Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Shenton WayDecember 20, 2016
The colleagues are friendly and helpful. The benefits of the company are good and this company is a well known company. The jobs are challenging. Company provides training to each employee.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too many jobs at one
Good for career advancement and pay well
Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeDecember 7, 2016
Flexible working hours but as long as work are completed on time. Proper planning is required for work life balance. You will get a lot of exposure to diversified industries and different issues for each engagement.
KPMG Workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  RafflesNovember 29, 2016
Generally, working in audit is pretty stressful given the long hours and multiple engagements ongoing at the same time. This definitely improves the individual's project management. Most of the time, in every audit engagement, it consists of a team of members from various ranks. Working as the team lead will helps to improve people management skills according to each of the member's ability.

In audit environment, most of the time employees are having tough time coping with multiple engagements and have to go through long working hours to meet the deadline.
Pros
Staff benefits and rewards
Flat Hierarchical Structure
Quantitative Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  SingaporeNovember 22, 2016
Management and staff speak freely in this setup, to have free exchange of ideas, though the pay grade structure is still predominant in the Big 4 setting.
Professional and good learning platform
Audit Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  CBDNovember 7, 2016
KPMG is a good professional firm that emphasizes training and development of staff. As with any professional firm, long hours is a given.
Pros
Decent employee benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  RafflesJuly 31, 2016
KPMG is a great place to work because of all the talent, dedication and passion we see in every employee. I'm part of the IT enabled transformation team focusing on providing value to client through business process reviews, internal controls reviews, system evaluation and implementation. The trust that our client entrusts us is what drives us to strive even better.
Professional environment with stringent communication at all times
Senior forensic associate (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 7, 2016
On a daily basis, i will keep myself updated with the latest regulatory requirements under FATCA and CRS and the global developments surrounding tax transparency. This includes monitoring developments in OECD, United States, United Kingdom, Channel Islands, India, China, Korea, Hong Kong etc.
I have provided assistance in remediation services for private banks and to some of the larger local banks in Singapore.

The hardest part of the job is to stay updated in regulatory requirements when the regulations are not written in English. This involves regular communication with international KPMG firms to seek understanding on the requirements.
Pros
Working with large prestigious institutional clients
Good learning platform
Senior Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJune 24, 2016
A typical day at work involves managing and monitoring the overall audit engagement progress. We are required to display good time management skills so as to juggle between different engagements that we may be handling. Good leadership skills is a must to guide the team towards successful completion of the audit work given the tight deadline we are always subjected to.

The hardest part of the job is to manage client's relationship with the audit team as well as the long working hours we have to put in toe complete our work.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that we are able to meet new people when we are working on a new engagement. I also gain satisfaction upon completion of the audit work.
Pros
Work flexibility, not so much of a desk-bound job
Emphasis on teamwork
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  CBDJune 11, 2016
It has been a rewarding journey working with KPMG and the colleagues are very helpful, the team is very diversified in terms of nationality.
Place for self development
Audit Manager (Current Employee) –  Raffles PlaceMay 31, 2016
The Company provides a good ground for all accounting professionals, and development personal strengths in terms of accounting knowledge, project and time management.
Some good learning opportunities with room for progression
Senior Consultant II (Current Employee) –  SingaporeApril 18, 2016
Clients of KPMG Advisory are generally quite prestigious, from big stat boards to ministries to publicly listed entities. Will get good exposure working here. Room for progression.
fun
Associate, Financial Services Department (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 15, 2016
Same as what i am doing now but there was not much responsibilities as an intern there. tasked to do so MAS returns which was rather challenging
Great and caring place
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 29, 2016
Great place to work in, everyone takes good care of you and they are aware of your work life balance. I felt like a family member rather than an employee in KPMG

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K