Kohl's Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Part Time Job for Full Time Students
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  La Habra, CAJune 19, 2018
Kohl's is a great job for full time students who want to make some money on the side. If you are available 24/7 chances are you are looking at receiving 10-25 hours a week.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough hours
Horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 18, 2018
Everything about working at kohls was horrible. The managers care about no one but themselves and get paid very well to literally stand and do nothing.
i guess its okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 18, 2018
• Develop client’s basic living skills (social, domestic, and hygiene) through instruction and encouragement.
Assist and document the development and implementation of long and short-term goals for service recipient, as developed by the Perso
Your average retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 18, 2018
The store I worked at was decently managed by the hire ups, but it seems like they hire anyone, you work with a lot of lazy people so if you are hard working you are left doing most of the load of the work often discouraging.
Great
Kohl's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAJune 17, 2018
Loved working at Kohl’s. Everyone was always very nice and positive. I enjoyed learning how to work the cash register because I am now able to take that knowledge with me to a new job
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Kohl's overall may be good, but...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJune 16, 2018
My specific store was not a happy place to work. Many of the associates were not happy to be there. There were many open positions due to resignations when I arrived, and people would often skip work or call in for a day off.
I will say, corporate does a lot to provide resources that employees can connect to. Kohl's overall goals and interests are positive, and are what attracted me at first. The main downside was this specific store management and satisfaction.

Advice: Ask about your local store's culture! Ask about the job turnover and the reasons people leave. I have heard good things about other Kohl's locations.
Pros
Pay is more than minimum wage, decent break time
Cons
Too much work per person, bad culture and bad attitudes of coworkers
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Delton, WIJune 16, 2018
I learned time management skills. How to cope with stress and fast paced environments. Organizing was a big part of the job as well assisting customers.
Good workers, Terrible managers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Middletown, DEJune 15, 2018
Kohl's is not a bad store or company to work at, it the management that makes it unbearable. Most of the veteran employees can run the store better than the veteran managers. Not all of the managers/supervisors are bad. Some do their job correctly and are a pleasure to work with, others not so much. Its a pretty relaxed working environment dress code is business casual with schedule jean days and other fun dress themed days. Celebrate just about every holiday, from christmas to national donut day, always expect some type of celebration and food
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks cant leave store when on them
Spontaneous and hard working workforce
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresh Meadows, NYJune 14, 2018
Working at Kohl's required the ability to be very flexible and cope with many different situations. Coming to work every day was a different experience because one moment one could be working in sales and visual organization and the next minute you could be restocking merchandise. The job was full of important virtues and lessons regarding punctuality, good sportsmanship, teamwork, being resourceful and learning good customer service skills.
Pros
Large Staff
Cons
Disorganized
A good starter job
Sales associate/Cash handler (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 14, 2018
Working at Kohl's was a good starter job but there were never opprotunites to grow. I worked there for three years and only got one raise even though I was doing a managers job.
Pros
The discounts
Cons
The management
Friendly co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 14, 2018
They tend to push a lot when it comes to signing customers up with the kohls credit card. They also push being in said departments to ensure there is always assistance when needed by customers. Cross training and being able to work in other departments of the store is also heavily encouraged.
A nice short term job
Kohl's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJune 14, 2018
Although I only worked here short term, it was just that. A nice job for college kids to do part time and still make money on a flexible shift. Difficult to move up but a good part time.
Pros
Lunch breaks, not a lot of down time, flexible hours.
Cons
Hard to advance, many coworkers, not a personal feel job.
Fast paced work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJune 14, 2018
Give customers good customer service. Have to meet credit goals, and reward programs goals every day so the store doesn’t fall behind at the end of the year.
Kohl’s is a good job to work at. We help customers with their inquiries and the managers will help with the customers and employees as well
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 13, 2018
Kohl’s is a retail store that provide great customer service. Our job is to not only keep the store clean but to help customers with their inquiries . We offer assistance to our customers and to inform them that we are here to help them.
Pros
Free lunches provides jeans day, give out rewards and recognition to employees
Cons
Short breaks
Wonderful
Kohl's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 12, 2018
Fast paced and good for people who can easily multitask. TONS of folding if you are in clothes departments and customers call your departments as well so you have to be quick.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Short breaks
work life
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 12, 2018
A typical wok day can be very stress full, but I guess that what you get when you work in a department store. very low on staff. something we have to do a the apparel departments with just 2-3 worker and still do more on top.
N/a
Sales Associate (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJune 11, 2018
It is a retail job. I have learned retail skills. There is a limited culture. It is a part-time job only. Customers are the hardest part of the job. Management is management.
it was an easy job
Kohl's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 11, 2018
Working as a cashier wasn't so bad until the goal wasn't met when the cash flow is slow and management tend to get the employees to get the credit card applications.
Pros
easy task
Cons
being constantly asked to get the credit cards to reach our goal when employees already have one.
Great place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHJune 10, 2018
Great people insie and out. My first Retail job that I learned a lot from. The most enjoyable part of my position there at Kohl's was meeting many new people as well as those that were frequent shoppers and creating valued friendships with same
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
spent a lot of my paycheck on their merchandise!
It is very hit or miss for everyone!
Kohl's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJune 9, 2018
In my store specifically, people were a little rude. They were not fond of new people coming on board because they all knew what to do and having to teach someone new is tedious. Some co workers (the older ones) got annoyed very fast and were harder to get along with but the younger ones were so so nice. There was a lot of work to do for big departments and during holidays there were 2 people in each rather than one. The managers were nice too, never yelled at anyone or made accusations, they respected everyone equally and knew what they were doing and helped you out on the floor if things got too chaotic rather than yell and blame. The only problem I have is the pay. We got paid 9.50 an hour, which is not enough for the amount of work that needs to be done. 10 or 11 at least should be given.
Pros
Lots to do with managers you can trust
Cons
Not the best pay and some coworkers are shady

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's. Our community is ready to answer.

54.9K