Kohl's Employee Reviews for Cashier

good for highly competitive people
Cashier Service Counter and Intimates (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 21, 2018
The Kohl's I worked at required us to sign up 4 new credit card holders a day. If I failed to meet this requirement, my hours for the next week were cut. All of my floor managers were incredibly supportive and excellent to work for.
Fun and friendly enviornment
Preformed Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ramsey, NJMay 19, 2018
My typical day at work would be working behind the cashier and putting items back where they came from. I learned how to do multiple cashier duties everyday. There are some very rude customers that come by and expect you to know everything so the hardest part to just to keep a smile and be nice.
Pros
good breaks, friendly staff
Cons
not a lot of people take your shifts
Casual relaxed job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, TX 76135May 19, 2018
Worked during school so I was part time. Typically no more than 15 hours a week maybe 25 at the most. Just maintain area and store racks and clothing.
Was not a decent job
Retail Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 18, 2018
Was not a good job. Didn’t like the management. Other co workers were great. Very annoying with the credit. Overall attendance policy was horrible as well.
Great People
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNMay 16, 2018
The people to work with were great and fun to be around. They were easy to learn from and made sure you felt welcome. The only problem was that I didn't get as many hours as I would have liked to.
Great place to work/great discounts and offers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXMay 14, 2018
Working at Kohls has been great but if you the associate have open availability you should get More Hours. The discount and offers each week are very good.
Fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSMay 9, 2018
It’s cool place to work all the people are fun the people are very nice and respectful they help each other out and the pays good !!!!...!.!.!!!.!!.....
Busy place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMay 6, 2018
Very busy place to work at especially on the holidays or when they are having sales. Enjoyed working with the staff. Management is great. Enjoyed work there
Poor Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 5, 2018
Management is not flexible when it comes to student schedules and student sports obligations. The hardest part of the job was being the youngest on the team and everyone on the floor staff dreaded it because it was non stop labor and they weren't willing to team everyone everything. Slight sense of favoritism.
Pros
breaks depended on the time that you worked.
Cons
on your feet all day.
Its alright.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 5, 2018
Not the best job, but it was a job. They changed the management after I left except for one person. The other employees are not bad. It can be hard to get a break a times and you get stuck doing jobs you were not signed up for.
Kohl's
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXMay 5, 2018
Kohl's is a very friendly work place. You do have to make credit (sell kohl's cards) so if you are not comfortable with that then it is not the best place for you. But other than that they are very flexible and understanding.
An okay temporary job
Seasonal Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78250May 2, 2018
As a seasonal worker, I was given fewer hours than most of the staff, which to me, was no big deal since I was at the end of my school semester and faced with finals and projects. The staff at my store was generally friendly, except for one nitpicky manager. Working in a department got hectic during busy hours, as I was most often on my own. The cash register felt like a nice break, but the regular cashiers had quotas to maintain, selling Kohl's credit cards. Overall, the experience was not bad if you do not plan on staying for too long.
Pros
Locating items was easy with inventory system
Cons
Lots to do in little time
it sucked
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jenks, OKMay 2, 2018
i hated working there i learned nothing but how to use their systems management workplace was horrible people were quitting all the time hardest part was pay
Pros
discount
Cons
pay
Easy environment, poor management
Cashier (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAMay 2, 2018
Overall, it was a very typical retail position. I worked register and would fold clothes in my downtime. The management I was under at the time only cared about selling our credit cards, and would make that the priority over our shift requests and job advancement. If you sold a lot of credits, you weren't scheduled shifts working on the floor. I wasn't ever trained to work the floor solely because I was one of the top sellers of credit. That didn't stop them from making me work on the floor as if I were actually trained, though. I would get the low hours and pay of a regular cashier, but they expected me to help cover certain sales floor job duties anyways. It was a very toxic and money hungry environment.
Pros
great discounts for yourself and family
Cons
unfair treatment and very poor management
Terrible management
Seasonal Cashier/ Floor Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 1, 2018
Hostile work environment, gossip flooded the sales floor made for an awkward work atmosphere. Management was inconsistent with how the proceeded with my hours
It was a great place to work. The people I worked with were so nice and helpful.
Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZApril 26, 2018
The work was fast paced but fun and rewarding. The supervisors were the best. The people that work there are so nice and helpful. The customers were basically nice.
Pros
inviroment
Cons
unconsistant schedule
sucks
cashier (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAApril 26, 2018
It's a great place to work if you love hating work. But it's ok your co-workers hate their jobs too...................................................
An exciting place to work with great customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIApril 25, 2018
An one one company in the retail business with good rating when it come to customer service the making of a successful business. I would like to say that working for this company is a great way to getting a start in reatil,
Pros
teamplayer
Cons
employee turn over rate
A Great Place to Work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 25, 2018
Kohl's has been a great place to work while I am in college. They have a very flexible work schedule and give me as many hours as I want or need, and still give me time off when I have other school-related obligations. The managers are understanding and motivating, and the co-workers are kind and helpful. Teamwork is a huge aspect of working here and we are always willing to help one another inside and outside of work.
Pros
Flexible schedules, generous breaks
Kohl's
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 24, 2018
Good Place to work. I was an Cashier and loved the environment. Very professional place. Good Management and Good Pay $9.00 per hour, Great benefits.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's. Our community is ready to answer.

54.8K