Kohl's Employee Reviews for Associate

great working experience
Home/kids associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Prarie TexasJune 22, 2018
I enjoyed working at kohls. I enjoyed working on truck days so I could see the new clothes that were coming out. I like price changes. I helped a lot of the customers find what they were looking for.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Didnt get paid vacation
fun place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 21, 2018
A typical day would be meeting many nice people and co-workers. You will be soliciting credit card. Managment changes throughout the day. Workplace culture is very upbeat. The hardest part of the job is your on your feet your whole shift (except break time). Its a new experience. You learn how retail works. Most enjoyable part of the job is when your customer leaves with nice savings and is happy.
Pros
Part-time job work/life balance
Cons
Soliciting credit card
Very “chill”
Kohl's Associate (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 18, 2018
I started working at Kohls around the holidays, so it was busy for the most part. After the holidays were over, that’s when staff cut down on everything. I went from working 20 hours a week to ONLY 4.
Don’t get me wrong, my coworkers were fun to work with, but after my hours cut down I had to leave.
Pros
Great staff and management
Cons
Few hours f work
Fun at times
Kohl's Associate (Current Employee) –  Easley, SCJune 16, 2018
This job is fun at times but most of the time the managers are mean. Con is dealing with rude customers and having customers treat you like dirt and sometimes the managers do it as well
Home Department Associate
Home Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 15, 2018
Provide general customer assistance in the home department and responsible for keeping store clean and tidy. Hours are flexible and work schedule can be discussed with manager.
Different
Kohl's Associate (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJune 14, 2018
It wasn't exactly the best job but for what it was worth it was decent. I was only a part time member of the staff due to finishing my last year of high school.
A good place to work
P.O.S. Associated (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXJune 13, 2018
Over all pretty laid back job once you get the hang of things . You have a sales goal that you have to reach but it is pretty manageable.
I enjoyed the employee discount and the work hours.
Most co-workers and some management team are friendly
Associate (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJune 8, 2018
On a typical day i'd arrive to work on time and a manage would let those there into the building as it was before store hours. Some days you'd be late clocking in because the manager on duty was late to open the doors. The culture was as if you were back in high school, you'd have friends, but management would put people in positions to fail. Many of my coworkers and even an assistant manager was treated very badly. I don't think that every store treats its employees like this. When id left you did not receive paid vacation until you've been there 3 or more years depending on when you were hired. Some good things about working for Kohls in general was that they provided food every now and then,and had massage chairs in the break room along with some paid holidays. Kohl's as a company does a lot of good for charities in and around the communities the stores are located in.
Pros
Free lunches, massage chairs and some paid holidays.
Cons
Work environment
Very number focused
Part-Time Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, TXJune 8, 2018
Worked at two different locations under three different styles of management and one thing remained the same throughout it all,if you want recognition for your hard work, you better have the numbers to back it up. With little room for advancement, all you can do is try to work as many hours as you can to be happy here.
Pros
Employee discount promotions
fun place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Monona, WIJune 4, 2018
It's a fun place to work. Great discounts. dealing with customers is the worst part but the actual work is fine. You can't do anything when a customer is scamming the store, you just have to accept the returns.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
no benefits, low pay, rude and entitled customers
just a regular job
Home & Kids Associate (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNJune 4, 2018
very relaxed at times. overall a competitive company. fast advancements . Fun environment. friendly. up lifting. great customer serves. could be difficult at times but teammates will help out.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCMay 30, 2018
Most of the managers were very strict and always on your butt even if you are doing exactly what is expected. There is also a requirement, if you are a cashier, to get so many credit applications per week.
Good flexible job
POC Associate (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIMay 29, 2018
Overall Kohls was a good place to work. They worked well with my schedule. The only issue I had was the lack of ability to climb up in the company and the lack of pay raise opportunity's.
Credits are not everything.
POC Associate (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 28, 2018
There is a constant push for credit applications, and sometimes they're impossible to get. This means that for POC associates like myself, it gets really, really stressful at times because your credits affect your hours.
Don't work here
White Lake - Associate (Former Employee) –  White Lake, MIMay 24, 2018
This job is good for just like a seasonal or summer job. If you decide to work here full time, you're not gonna like it. At my location there is not enough people here to have everything done that they want to. A lot of the customers you get are very rude and mean. The management only cares about getting credit and they don't really care about you and they gave the customers whatever they want most of the time. The only part I liked about this job is the discount and one of the managers. It is very fast paced and demanding on everyone but if you learn how to do a lot in this store, you'll be the crutch for everyone. They also don't pay a lot here and don't give you many hours even though they say they will.
Pros
Cool discount
Cons
They want you to do everything while not having the tools or support you need
Fast Paced, but was Stressful with poor leadership
Kohl's Associate (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMay 23, 2018
Kohl's is a good job to start with, but a lot of things can start to wear you out. The customers are very spoiled there so they expected anything and everything. I had one women literally take off the sweater she was wearing in front of me and hand it to me so she could return it, and we have to take it back. You can't say no. The management does not really care about their employees. They only care about surveys and how many credits the store is getting. They do not stand up for their employees when confronted with difficult customer. They will usually give the customer what they want (even if it is a ridiculous request or something we were told not to do), in order to avoid confrontation. Like stated before, it's a good first job for the experience, and will really help with customer service and communication skills, but as far as a long term job, not a great choice. Also, your raises are tiny and don't follow you when minimum goes up, so when it went up this last time, I was back to making minimum, after three years of working.
Sales
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 22, 2018
Kohl's is a good place to work. They have many area in which an employee could advance and work more hours. During the holidays, the hours are even more for everyone to work.
Friendly Co-workers
Kohl's Associate (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIMay 21, 2018
Working at Kohl's is a good starting job, you get to work with the public and develop your interpersonal skills. Management is helpful but annoying at times.
Pros
Usually a positive work enviroment
Cons
Constantly guilt-tripped, always asked to stay late or come in early, Not good when you have another job or are in school
I love my job but don’t love it
Part-Time Associate (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOMay 19, 2018
Kohl’s is a great place to work for students and the discounts are really great. As far as pay goes you might have to get a second job to support yourself. Kohl is a side job unless you become a lead or manager.
Pros
Flexible schedule, discounts, nice managers
Cons
Low pay, work weekends, inconstant hours
teammates and customers
Kohls associate (Former Employee) –  Oro Valley, AZMay 18, 2018
Kohls would make my work day was when I was working with teammates who worked together if one needed assistance.
The overall culture of this Kohls was positive which is reflected from the Store Manager. Special occasions were celebrated in the break room trying to keep our spirits uplifted.
Pros
culture
Cons
no healthcare.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's. Our community is ready to answer.

54.9K