Kohl's Employee Reviews

Relaxed workplace
Backroom Stocker (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAMay 14, 2018
A typical day consisted of scanning and stocking items. The scanned items would be taken in boxes to the front of the store and stocked in the appropriate area.
Retail Work Experience
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lewis Center, OHMay 14, 2018
It could have just been my specific location, but there was a lot of unnecessary drama in the workplace. Management seemed detached from associates needs and mindsets.
easy but can be busy
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHMay 13, 2018
was a good job. only got 4 hours a week sometimes. I hated have to push kohls charges on people. watched manager make an old lady cry trying to get her to open a charge card when she didn't want to. also you have to deal with customers who think they are right about coupons but aren't and they will ask for a manager
Payroll got less and less
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 12, 2018
In the difficult economy, payroll went down but expectations went up. We were constantly berated if we didn't hit the unrealistic goals the company set.
Good workplace, but could do better with training
Sales Associate (Intimates/Accessories) (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 12, 2018
I was responsible for my cleaning up department. If I was scheduled during the days since I usually closed I would feel a bit lost. I do feel like I could have been trained better. The worst part was I would have to give the Jewelry department their break, and although I did get some training I felt as though it wasn't thorough enough or that I was never in there enough to make it easy for me. Aside from that, management was very professional and I respected them.
Excellent place to work.
Point of Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Ranson, WVMay 12, 2018
Wonderful, friendly place to work. I recommend it to anyone who likes working with the public. A typical day is to look for the sales promotions going on and making sure that you are prepared to do sales for customers.
Pros
Part-time
Cons
Having to stand a long time
Productive and fun workplace
Kohl's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Monument, COMay 12, 2018
Throughout the day the job requires you to interact with customers asking if they are finding everything okay or if they need help. Answering phones for customer calls are very common as well. The workplace culture is very welcoming. It is a great place for families to shop and find quality and inexpensive items. The hardest part of my job if I had to pick one would be scheduling. Scheduling can be difficult to get hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to interact with the customers. I really enjoyed helping and talking with customers. Also really enjoyed my co workers.
Pros
Experience, Ethic training, communication
Cons
management disorganized
Slow paced, average retail job
Point of Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Marina, CAMay 12, 2018
nothing too spectacular. They don't really have that many customers, but you are supposed to push credit cards and most of the customers already have one.
Great Discounts
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 12, 2018
they have great products and do a superb job in providing multi channels for purchasing goods. Discounts, coupons, and Rewards add to the marketing powerhouse that Kohl's is known for. enjoyed working with the customers. most difficult part of the job was the employee turnover due to them going to another job either for better pay or career pursuits.
Pros
Awesome employee discounts.
Cons
lots of hours.
Busy work environment
Juniors merchandise employee (Former Employee) –  TxMay 12, 2018
Overworked for the little pay..
Must have flexible work schedule..
poor floor coverage led to overworked employees.
Leadership roles to fill...........
slow productive workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 11, 2018
the hardest part of the job is that u need to go to every department and make sure everything is clean and organized i learned how to actully fold the clothes the way the workers folded them
Good training and Management!
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 11, 2018
They have good training and good management, it is not hard fitting in and looking the part. The only sad part is the hours of standing and walking around. but what can you expect from a department store
lack of hours and benefits
Sales Associate / Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAMay 11, 2018
While working at kohls, the hours were inconsistent, the pay is horrible and the raises are pathetic. they do not provide healthcare if you are not full-time... yet they never have any full-time positions available or room to advance.
Pros
Cons
everything
nice place to work
Point Of Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHMay 11, 2018
like any other job, kohl's had its pros and cons. for the most part, working at kohl's was fun. I met many people from different walks of life. its a good place to work and get to know different people
A Warm Working Environment
SALES ASSOCIATE/POINT OF SALES (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 11, 2018
As a part time job for extra money, Kohls was very easy to work with as a second job.
Pros
Ease of schedule
Fun and Pleasant
Customer Service/Jewelry Counter Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 11, 2018
Customer Service/Jewelry Counter Representative: Provide excellent customer service in person and over the phone, handle daily monies and jewelry without discrepancy or loss, oversaw merchandise handling and returns/exchanges. Input account information on computer, customer and store related.
working at Kohls
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Viera, FLMay 11, 2018
When you first get in you see if their is any special instructions on the computer.After that I go to the dock to see if their is any merchandise left from truck that needs to be put away. I would than see if their is any product that needs to be put away from the night before. I usually go in before the store opens to make sure my dept. is clean and ready for the day. Do special projects that need to be done like cleaning up dress shirts ect.. Days at the store are very busy. You most likely are going to help out in all the depts during a day.
We have a great management team.They are open to talk to about any thing you have to say. They listen. They try to make it a fun place to work. The staff we have now are wonderful people to work with. It is kinda like a family atmosphere we all work together to get the job done. We also have a fun calendar for each month.
I think the hardest part of the job as with many companies are the cut backs in payroll. Most of the time we work with skeleton crews on the floor which makes it hard to do your work and also give great customer service which is expected of us.
I think what I like most about working at Kohls is the friendships I have made over the years. I love working with the public, I went from waiting tables when I was 14 to to my job now and I have always enjoyed talking and helping people.
Pros
The people I work with
Cons
short staffed
Great place
Kohl’s associate (Current Employee) –  Owasso, OKMay 10, 2018
Enjoy management and I enjoy the work environment. I didn’t enjoy having to push credits on the register. Really liked the flexible schedule. I liked all the employees.
An easy job to do, but not super great pay.
part time flex associate (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHMay 10, 2018
Working at Kohl's warehouse should only be temporary for someone unless you are part of the management team and/or office staff. There isn't a whole lot of room for advancements.
Pros
Solitary, "busy work" that keeps you ocupied.
Cons
Lots of walking, no places to rest, bathrooms can be very far from works space
Ok part time seasonal
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXMay 10, 2018
The job is good for people that only want to limit their income and themselves. No chance for opportunity and they are strict. This place would not be good to work at.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's. Our community is ready to answer.

54.8K