Kohl's Employee Reviews

REGIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Parker, COJune 15, 2018
Fun and engaging place to work. Management and employees are friendly. There is a large workload, but they provide ample training. I would recommend working here.
Good workers, Terrible managers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Middletown, DEJune 15, 2018
Kohl's is not a bad store or company to work at, it the management that makes it unbearable. Most of the veteran employees can run the store better than the veteran managers. Not all of the managers/supervisors are bad. Some do their job correctly and are a pleasure to work with, others not so much. Its a pretty relaxed working environment dress code is business casual with schedule jean days and other fun dress themed days. Celebrate just about every holiday, from christmas to national donut day, always expect some type of celebration and food
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks cant leave store when on them
Decent Place to Work
Sr. Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJune 15, 2018
Kohl's is a decent place to work and provides good opportunities if you end up on the right team, however, it is possible to get stuck. Raises aren't good and only managers are eligible for bonuses. Management expectations and culture are inconsistent across the company; particularly when it comes to what counts as PTO and ability to regularly work remotely.
Pros
Nice facilities. Generally pleasant coworkers.
Cons
Poor raises. Inconsistent expectations across managers.
Pretty nice to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 15, 2018
It was Kool to work at the employees where Kool I never had any problems with anybody was a great work environment breaks were given on time and no bad things to say
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Hours
Stressful and poor pay
CUSTOMER SERVICE / SALES (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 15, 2018
Kohl’s customers are entitled and the dumbest retail demographic ever. There’s constantly coupon issues, customers complaining about coupons and the managers only care about credit. The pay especially sucks now that they changed it from hourly to minutes.
Pros
The associate discounts
Cons
Gross customers, smelly returns, constant coupon issues, petty drama
Spontaneous and hard working workforce
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresh Meadows, NYJune 14, 2018
Working at Kohl's required the ability to be very flexible and cope with many different situations. Coming to work every day was a different experience because one moment one could be working in sales and visual organization and the next minute you could be restocking merchandise. The job was full of important virtues and lessons regarding punctuality, good sportsmanship, teamwork, being resourceful and learning good customer service skills.
Pros
Large Staff
Cons
Disorganized
Could be a good job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAJune 14, 2018
I don’t know about other locations but the one I was employed at would literally give me 8 hours a week. I would constantly ask for more and they wouldn’t budge. It could’ve been good money if they gave me more hours.
Cons
Not enough hours
A good starter job
Sales associate/Cash handler (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 14, 2018
Working at Kohl's was a good starter job but there were never opprotunites to grow. I worked there for three years and only got one raise even though I was doing a managers job.
Pros
The discounts
Cons
The management
Friendly co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 14, 2018
They tend to push a lot when it comes to signing customers up with the kohls credit card. They also push being in said departments to ensure there is always assistance when needed by customers. Cross training and being able to work in other departments of the store is also heavily encouraged.
Decent Workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 14, 2018
Kohl's Wichita-East definitely needs drastic improvement, not only within the associates, but the management as well. Enviroment could be improved. Overall, their scheduling isn't the greatest; and they have a consistent problem with new hires leaving/resigning shortly after being put on.
Kohls is a great place to work.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 14, 2018
I really like working for Kohls. We all work as a team to accomplish our goals. the key is Customer satisfaction, Driving results,Integrity 1st. A typical start of shift starts with a quick exercising then a start up meeting.
Pros
Employee discounts, Able to purchase time off through Kohls Reconigtions Program
Cons
Too much VTO's
A nice short term job
Kohl's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJune 14, 2018
Although I only worked here short term, it was just that. A nice job for college kids to do part time and still make money on a flexible shift. Difficult to move up but a good part time.
Pros
Lunch breaks, not a lot of down time, flexible hours.
Cons
Hard to advance, many coworkers, not a personal feel job.
Fast paced work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJune 14, 2018
Give customers good customer service. Have to meet credit goals, and reward programs goals every day so the store doesn’t fall behind at the end of the year.
More people leaving than staying at Kohls
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJune 14, 2018
Human resources is a joke
combative culture, disgusting lack of morals and integrity in the leadership at Kohls. repressive culture, lack of opportunities for growth, if you don't "drink the water" you are not supported and are ostracized
When I think of all the quality skilled people I worked with at Kohls, I can tell you that 99% of those individuals have moved on because of the way they were treated by leadership and the lack of professionalism/ethics that exists throughout Kohls
I refuse to shop at Kohls and know many others that have left that feel the same way.
Choose wisely, your health may suffer if you choose to work here; mine did as did many others
Pros
nah
Cons
Corrupt, stifling, lack of integrity
Kohls
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 14, 2018
Kohl's was a good place to work, it was my first job out of high school. I really enjoyed the people I worked with, the managers, and the customers. It was just a temporary job for me becuase I was straight out of high school, did not plan on staying there long, since my plan was to finish school and get a job that my degree was in.
Different
Kohl's Associate (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJune 14, 2018
It wasn't exactly the best job but for what it was worth it was decent. I was only a part time member of the staff due to finishing my last year of high school.
Fun place to work
Ad Set Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2018
This place a is a great place to work at if you are attending college or have another job else where. The atmosphere is exciting and fun while still straight and to the point.
cashier
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXJune 13, 2018
Easy going just check in people at the register. Fold clothes. Learn how to be persuasive. Communication skills got better. Bagged up products quickly. Put products where they belonged.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
staying late to fold clothes
Kohl’s is a good job to work at. We help customers with their inquiries and the managers will help with the customers and employees as well
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 13, 2018
Kohl’s is a retail store that provide great customer service. Our job is to not only keep the store clean but to help customers with their inquiries . We offer assistance to our customers and to inform them that we are here to help them.
Pros
Free lunches provides jeans day, give out rewards and recognition to employees
Cons
Short breaks
Great Place to Work
Sales Associate/Beauty Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 13, 2018
I love working at Kohl's! The co-workers are great, I get great deals, and they are always encouraging. The pay and the hours are the only things I can say bad about working at Kohl's.
Pros
friendly enviroment, co-workers are great
Cons
hours and pay rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's. Our community is ready to answer.

54.9K