Kohl's Corporation Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Easy work, relaxed environment
Kohl's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORDecember 9, 2017
Staff is typically very fun to work with. Good job for someone in school, management is typically understanding. Biggest con - pay/advancement........
Pros
Environment
Cons
Pay
Pretty chill
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 9, 2017
I worked MJM so the job was pretty relaxed during the weekdays constantly pushing product back onto the floor & helping out on the cash wrap when needed.
Pros
Breaks, associate appreciation, fun environment
Cons
Hours weren’t consistent.
nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canton, MI 48188December 8, 2017
I enjoyed working there when I wasn't closing alone. However the team were all very helpful and management made sure everyone was comfortable as well as getting their jobs done too.
Cons
sometimes you'll have your section alone for hours
Kohls
Point of Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALDecember 7, 2017
kohls doesn't give you enough hours ..They prefer you to work split shifts ..very hard to work and spend time with family and lives ones..They are not understanding or flexible
Enjoyed working with customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN 37934December 7, 2017
Worked part time on the floor with merchandise and customers. Enjoyed the interaction and challenges that comes with retail. Managers were great to work with.
Good For Students
Point of Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 6, 2017
I have worked for Kohls for over a year as a Cashier, management is average. Extremely flexible with scheduling, but during holidays be prepared to work. All of my co-workers are friendly and hard-working, for the most part, the customer base is decent, occasionally a few rude ones. The hardest part of the job is getting people to sign up for credit cards. I really love interacting with so many people and getting to work directly with customers, management, and other departments. However, it is not a good fit if you are looking to make a management position, there is little vertical movement within the company.
Pros
flexible with scheduling
Cons
Expect to work all Holidays except Christmas Day and Easter
Management was fine but little pay and no set hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Delavan, WIDecember 6, 2017
Retail job where you had to work different shifts. Was cross trained in other departments. I worked part time so the pay wasn't very good and not enough hours.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise was nice
Cons
Not enough hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCDecember 5, 2017
I really enjoy working here. They are big on team work and recognizing someone when they go above and beyond. It's defiantly a team environment. The discount is a really nice bonus, too.
Pros
nice discount, good co workers, good culture, Pto, insurance
Cons
Have to work holidays, understaffed
productive
Kohl's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHDecember 5, 2017
Great during the holidays; very productive
Hardest part was keeping up with all the new sales and discounts
A typical day was a very busy day with lots of holiday shopping
Great seasonal job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Yorkville, ILDecember 4, 2017
Kohl's is a great place to work for the Christmas season. I have really enjoyed my time there with all my co-workers and management. There are times when the job requires you to move at a fast pace, so you better be able to move.
Corporate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marquette, MIDecember 4, 2017
Not a bad place, as far as friendly co-workers and managers willing to jump in and help or answer any question while on the job. They don't schedule enough people to have enough time to do what is expected.
Pros
Provides food for associates some days
Cons
Schedules outside of given availability
Fast paced work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHDecember 4, 2017
Associates are expected to do basically everything all at once. When something isn't done, management complains rather than praising what has been done. Managers are never happy with work done. Managers never take responsibility, but rather blame one another for negative things that happen. Low pay for the amount of work asked of associates.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor management, low pay, not worth the stress
Good temporary job
Point of Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INDecember 4, 2017
It was a good job out of high school. Part time / holiday work. Reasonable management. Easy enough work if you make sure the customer is always happy and right.
Swim or sink
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 4, 2017
Had no training, just threw me on the registers a day before Black Friday. Luckily I was a quick learner and was able to be of help to customers. Not my favorite place I've worked. Had a lot of employees complaining about their job.
Pros
discounts
It was ok
Kohl's Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCDecember 4, 2017
slow moving and can be boring at times. coworkers were nice not a big fan of the mangers. provided food on average so that was a plus. its not a bad place to work and you are guaranteed hours
Productive and fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Florence, KY 41042December 3, 2017
The environment is extremely welcoming. The managers are helpful. It is also easy to advance throughout the company. Also, training is very important to them so you would never go into your first day completely clueless.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Shift coverage
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 2, 2017
Kohl's was a great place to transfer my Customer Service, Retail, and Cashiering skills. Too bad it was only a Seasonal position. A typical day at work consisted working the sales floor as well as the cashier or returns. I never really had too much encounters with my manager(s). We were all too busy doing our job. The "hardest" part of this job was folding clothes especially if you (I) hated folding clothes. The "most enjoyable" part of this job was interacting and hitting on the customers.
Pros
Discounts on clothes.
Cons
Wasted money on unnecessary clothes.
The environment at Khols is fun, relaxed, and supportive
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Viera FlDecember 2, 2017
Everyone helps and supports everyone. The managers does everything to assist you. Its very flexible, you can go to school or have another job while you work at Khols.
Pros
Fun, supportive and understanding
Cons
Short breaks
Great place to work and safe
Kohl's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Athens, GANovember 30, 2017
Always nice co workers. Always had work to do. Environment was safe and clean. You could work your way up from cashier to customer service. Discounts!
job not for everyone
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYNovember 29, 2017
Working at kohls was very fast paced, good job for a student or a young person. hours vary week to week. I would recommend it only as a second, part time job.
Pros
discounts
Cons
very limited benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.