Kohl's Corporation Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Manager
Shoes Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresh Meadows, NYFebruary 23, 2018
The store manager was very nasty. She would yell at employees and give nasty atitude. All other department manager were fine. Would not recommend knowing that nasty person.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Bad management
Me and Kohl's
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAFebruary 22, 2018
I worked for Kohl's during the Christmas season. Some weeks I worked 6 days in a row, which was tiring. I loved assisting the customers and the excitement in the store. I would definitely recommend working in retail at Christmas-time; it is fun.
Amazing company!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAFebruary 21, 2018
Love love love Kohl’s! Management is so much fun and positive to be around, along with most of the employees! It’s a strategic job, which I love. We’re all one big family!
New workers
Point of Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 20, 2018
Great place to work for a first-time worker, you get to met new people and there are great perks for employees. This job can open the door for many opportunities.
Tough
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NJFebruary 20, 2018
I enjoyed and did not enjoy, Management clueless about productivity, Work could be strenuous and tough, no checkout between shifts, management incommunicative
Great part-time job for a college student.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKFebruary 20, 2018
I worked at Kohl's for almost 3-years. It was a good place to work for a young, college student needing extra money. They are very flexible with scheduling and worked around that very well. The atmosphere while working was never negative - everyone always collaborated with each other well. The hardest part of the job was learning how to work everything when I first started; the training was very minimal and it's essential to ask questions.
Productive and Friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLFebruary 19, 2018
Kohls is a Great workplace. They always have tasks on hand. Extremely motivated store that sustains a clean and presentable work environment and garenteed customer satisfaction.
Kohls
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHFebruary 19, 2018
I loved to work at Kohls. The staff and management always had a positive outlook on everything. Working there was always a good time. The management wanted to help anyway they could with any situation anyone was in.
It’s fun place to work
Point of Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIFebruary 17, 2018
II really enjoy working at Kohl’s. The only thing I do not like is when the new hires come in their pay is close to my pay after working there 3 years
Pros
Supervisors and managers treat you very well. The associate discounts are really awesome
Cons
The pay should be more for what they expect of you.
Ehhhhhh
Point of Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2018
This is a great to place to work if you have no outside commitments.

Very few hours to get during a work week, no benefits, no chance to advance in your own store. Hire outside managers.

Have to solicit credit card applications. If you don't get so many in a week, hours would be cut.

But hey.. the discounts were good. Just don't get a credit card with them.
Pros
Discounts, Management can be friendly, Can be a Friendly place to work.
Cons
Short breaks, Have to Solicit Credits, Short hours to work, no Benefits, no PTO

Want to know more about Kohl's Corporation?

Ask a question
It was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAFebruary 17, 2018
Kohls was not the best company that I have ever worked for, but it was not the worst either. Managers play favorites with the hours and give them to their relatives first. The HR manager made a point of only giving me hours that did not work with my school schedule so every single week I had to go around asking coworkers to trade with me. They also had a habit of changing rules on employees and only telling you that the rules had changed when they were threatening to fire you for breaking a new a rule that they never told you existed.
Cons
terrible management
Absolutely Amazing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVFebruary 17, 2018
Kohl's is a great first job for high school or college students. I absolutely love my coworkers and managers except one. With all due respect, there's n issue working for Kohls. Hours are great; the only time it will be cut down is by after new years to mid or end of February. Extremely flexible with schedule. Get paid $9 an hour, however, every credit you apply for the customers, adds a small bonus to your paycheck. There are several ways to improve and advance your techniques, knowledge, and position in the company.

However, although work is supposed to be a self-learning job, for any job as matter of fact. The associate is only taught or trained on the registers and doesn't give one on one training for any other department besides customer service and jewelry. For the one manager, she belittles almost every single associate; feeling stupid when you have been doing your department for over few months or years even to know what needs to be done, putting them out on the spot for assumption it is their fault for low surveys and constantly assisting tasks at once when other things are not finished. Kohl's is an amazing place to work at because you feel at home, however, if you can deal with the nagging and feeling "wrong" when you're not, go for it. I just had enough of it.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
poor management
fun
sales associate (3months) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 17, 2018
had fun working based on commission. everyone was very helpful when I stated working there. the best part is that I was working with kids in the shoe department
Ok place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 16, 2018
Cool place to work always busy great with your schedule really flexible great first job always gives you more hours if you need them very very busyyyy
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Always busy
not bad
Kohl's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Commack, NYFebruary 15, 2018
cool place to work nothing really to complain about left only because i had school and couldn't do both because it was too far i would definitely recommend this to someone else
Nice work environment
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 15, 2018
It was very busy because of the holidays so there was always something to do. The staff was very friendly and helpful and were available to answer questions most of the time.
Hours were an issue
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDFebruary 15, 2018
I loved the job and people I worked with. No set schedule. Back-and-forth days and evenings, must work every weekend. This schedule doesn't work well with having young kids in sports.
Fast Paced
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCFebruary 15, 2018
Ran register for most of shift.
Helped keep areas neat as possible
took items back to their departments when not sold
I enjoyed my time working there
Positive atmosphere
Pros
Enjoyable environment to work in
Cons
standing for long periods of time
Unhappy Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fuquay-Varina, NCFebruary 14, 2018
A typical day was either working on registers or in the shoes department. I learned how to use a register. Management was bad, very unprofessional. Multiple occasions of harassment, no manager took action. People were kind, but it felt like they were bothered by customers or questions.
Productive Work Area
Kohl's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, RIFebruary 14, 2018
While working here it was a fast pace store but that was because it was the Christmas season and then after there was a lot of returns and a lot of cleaning up the floors around this time but it was a fun place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

54.5K