Kohl's Corporation Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 15, 2017
Overall working for Kohl's was a good experience, employees had fun working together. The new store manager was not so friendly. I learned alot about retail.
Pros
fun working enviroment
Cons
N/a
management/policy recomendations
SALES / CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 15, 2017
Mostly I leaned things on my own; sometimes not at a convenient time, but others helped me when I got stuck.
Management needs to set up some kind of training system, especially for new hires, before sending them onto the floor or registers and then expect seasoned employees to train them and still get their own jobs done, and helping customers too.
Also if an associate is assigned replenishment, or some other task, and a customer asks for help; they can stop what they are doing and help that customer even if there is an associate assigned to that department without manager telling them they should call that associate.
I have heard management say that the customer comes FIRST!
So if a customer asks for help; I will help them as best as I can before calling someone else.
I do not appreciate being talked to about taking time out to help customers and thus extending job assigned.
Pros
notification of events, employee extra discounts
Cons
management not on same page regarding policies
Retail Services with typical goals
Cash Office/Retail Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLDecember 13, 2017
Operates like any other retail company. Deals with customers on a daily basis. Follow store rules and procedures, provide good customer service. Managers are adequate. Employees are enjoyable. Great discounts. Part-time associate. Hours are inconsistent, as most retail companies are. Great job for college students or night-time/side job.
Great place to work! Have work there 15+ years part-time!
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Burleson, TXDecember 13, 2017
Work in Customer Service basic responsibilities:
Take bill payments
Sales & Returns
Process Online Order Pick-ups
Open/close cash registers
Make change for all point of sale locations
Balance certain cash drawers

Retail work is different each day, normally fast-paced and some days more challenging than others. Excellent Customer Service is a must.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
None really
Great Place to workd
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIDecember 11, 2017
Kohl's is a great place to work. The hours were flexible and the discounts for employees are great. They treat the customers good also. They are a growing company with a bright future, unlike many similar competitors.
Pros
Discounts and friendly environment
Cons
late night hours at Christmas time
Loved the people. Pay and advancement was poor
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INDecember 10, 2017
Before I started I was told I was being hired for management at a certain salary. Once I started I wasn't given the position or pay that I was told I'd be receiving, but I settled into customers service and loved working there and all ly co-workers, but the hours were minimal and pay wasn't paying the bills
Pros
Great Co-workers Fun environment
Cons
Pay amd Hours were minimal
it was ok
I work as a customer service associate. (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 10, 2017
I dont wish to add anything else. I did not work here very long it was an ok job I quit to go to college. The managers were ok I worked well with the associates.
Pros
close to where i lived
Cons
not enough hours
Face paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXDecember 9, 2017
I was only their for seasonal help. But I enjoyed the time I was there. They treat you well. If you not permanent you don't get many hours. But if you are permanent you get all your hours.
Pros
Fun place to work
review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  East Amherst, NYDecember 9, 2017
working there was OK I guess. I don't really wish to review this job. you are on your feet a lot. the managers always seemed to contradict each other. I didnt really enjoy it there it was just a paycheck to get through school.
Good Part Time Job
Customer Service/Jewelry Associate (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 7, 2017
Kohl's is a good place to work for a part time job. They provide training for your specific area with some cross training available. It can be difficult being on your feet for long hours and during the holidays, the store hours are quite long.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Mandatory hours during holidays
Credit Stress
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GADecember 6, 2017
The walkie talkies were the devil. They would talk on them all day and it was really distracting to deal with customers and listen to the walkie. The hours were scarce.
fun and fast paced
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Derby, KSDecember 5, 2017
always on your feet doing something. your never not busy and if you aren't busy they will always have something you can do or help with. fast paced and social enviroment
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough hours
Funna and interesting place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJDecember 5, 2017
it was a good and fun company to work for. fast paced especially during the Christmas, Easter and 4th of July holidays. It could become stressful at time if you worked in customer service returns. but I had good support.
Relaxed workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2017
Great job for customer service type work. Kohl's was laid back .paid weekly a very accommodating job. Various types of positions and schedules available
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Working weekends
Great employee discounts
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Marina, CADecember 1, 2017
If you enjoy working with the public this is the place to be at. You also get to enjoy employee discounts throughout the year. You get to meet new people and learn the business too.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
No health benefits
Amazing coworkers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 27, 2017
Not long days at the desk. Always had yummy food in the backroom for everyone to take. The hardest part was dealing with the angry people trying to return stuff at the customer service desk/ Bot very few difficult people ever came.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
angry customers
Horrible managment
Cash Office/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORNovember 22, 2017
They don't like to give any hours always complaining of not enough staff but wont give the staff that does want to work more the 10-18hrs this is dumb
Pros
Employee discount
very negative work environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILNovember 21, 2017
The management at the store plays favorites and if you aren't one of theirs you don't get hours. They preach no tolerance for talking about and maligning each other but they don't enforce it and have been know to do it themselves. They do not promote a healthy or fun work environment. It is made very clear that the only importance is the bottom line and every thing you do there is to promote that.
Fun place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Loveland, CONovember 19, 2017
The company itself needs to step up. The seasonal employees are making more then the veteran employees. The Discounts and management were great. More hours between Thanksgiving and Christmas but then hours get majorly cut.
Pros
Discounts, Some Benefits, Supportive Team
Cons
Stressful, Short Breaks
Great supervisors
Customer Service Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 18, 2017
I worked as a seasonal employee during the 2016 holiday season. I knew it was a temporary job. The pace was hectic and lots of pressure to ask customers to open credit accounts. Manager was non existent, however, the front line supervisors were top notch and always helpful and kind. This year I applied for seasonal employment and the workplace culture was totally different. All the supervisors had left the store for other jobs and few of the employees I worked with were still employed there. This year I will be applying at other retail store.
Pros
Great Supervisors
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.