Kohl's Corporation Employee Reviews for Cashier

Overall hated it
Associate Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks AFB, NDDecember 11, 2017
Management was rude. Disrespectful about other employees in front of others.
Lack of respect, communication, and any sort of safe environment. It never felt safe to make your complains known and there was no form of training. You were just expected to known and understand what exactly they wanted from you.
A day at Kohl's
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Napa, CADecember 9, 2017
I can come in to work, be greeted by lovely customers and co-workers. On a day with good coupons out, it's not packed, but things start to move really fast. I learned how to greet customers to make them feel welcomed, sell Kohl's credit cards and rewards. Also,the supervisors were always helpful and persistent.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
slow-pace days
Most enjoyable part
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIDecember 7, 2017
I like working with the customers and helping them find what they needed. I also liked being busy. I did not like having to clean up the fitting rooms because some customers thought it would be neat to leave the fitting room a mess.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Trying to force the customer to get a credit card
It was a good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARDecember 6, 2017
Kohl's is a good place to work at but when they start hiring new people your hours get cut down, they had a good work team, we would work in groups and we would help each other. It would help us get our jobs done faster so we all could go home early, and so that we wouldn't work overtime.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough hours
Good First Job
Cashier Associate (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INDecember 5, 2017
Very busy days,you can learn how to solicit credit and run cash register, management was okay, the culture was pretty okay, worst part was the fitting rooms, most enjoyable i'd say was styling
Horrible management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 5, 2017
I would not recommend working here to anyone! The managers call the employees names and you get terrible shifts for having inflexible hours. The discount and coworkers are nice, but management is not good. They schedule you for long 10 hour shifts even if you are only working part time. You also have to reach unrealistic credit standards.
Pros
Discount, nice co-workers
Cons
Management, hours, credit
Everyone there is rude and very messy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INDecember 3, 2017
The place is never clean. Clothes are all over the floor and always everywhere they aren't supposed to be. The managers aren't understanding and are constantly rude to you even if you are doing exactly as you are supposed to with our being told and they tell at you for nothing.
Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 1, 2017
It was just a job for me in high school. Nothing major to judge. I worked and mind my business that I all. The job was like any other retail job. Just a job
worked as a cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILNovember 28, 2017
I would not recommend working retail unless you are a masochist. It is truly the worst of the worst in the trenches kind of job you do because our current culture and society is obsessed with materialism/consumerism. Don't work here unless you truly need to survive and can't find any other job.
Enjoyable work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNNovember 24, 2017
Cashiering merchandise to the public.
standing was the hardest part of the job
I was good at selling new credit card applications but I didn't enjoy it
learned to present myself to the public in a professional yet friendly manner
management was vague and could have been consistent with them all
Pros
kohls discounts
Cons
low pay
kohl
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INNovember 21, 2017
Loved working here. Just not enough hours and it was busy workplace. People there i work with was awesome and i would go back to work at a kohl's if their was one here that's how much i loved working there just not enough pay Management was great. i did learn fitting room there and love talking to customers
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks after being on your feet to long
Great place to work .
Cashier (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GANovember 20, 2017
The staff here is very friendly. When I found out i was pregnant, they gave me the days off i needed off. They also allowed me to have water at my station at all times. Management there was wonderful.
Great retail chain! Love working at Kohl's!!!
Seasonal Sales Associate & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNNovember 15, 2017
Great retail chain! Love working at Kohl's!!! The management team is wonderful to work with and they provide training that is relevant and on-going. Very customer focused corporation and also employee focused....you don't find that combination very often. I highly recommend being part of this team.
Pros
Great Managment & Training
Great Place to Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTNovember 15, 2017
I was a seasonal employee but I absolutely loves working here. You get at least one break for every shift you work. The management is really nice and understanding and helpful.
Pros
Free Snacks in Break Room
Cons
Standing All Day
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILNovember 14, 2017
Its a fun / relax place to work everyone gets along with one another. They'll help one another if you are stuck on doing something or if your behind your duties.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks.
was the best place i have ever worked
CASHIER/JEWELRY (Former Employee) –  Belton, MONovember 14, 2017
it was the best place I have ever worked. the management team was wonderful. they really cared about their employees. I would still be working there today if I didn't move.
Pros
people
Cons
non
What I Learned
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 13, 2017
I have learned great customer service working at Kohl's! Greeting them as they walk in the store and helping them as much as I can is always the highlight of the work day. Just being there and being helpful is great.
Good environment to work in for college students
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 9, 2017
Kohl's is a great job for people who are in school and need a part time job to pay off some bills. The only
Thing I disliked is how very little hours I had working there.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Little hours
Fellow employees were made it fun.
Associate (Cashier) (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 8, 2017
I learned a lot about retail. My managers were awesome. I loved the atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was getting customers to apply for a Kohls Charge. A typical day at work consisted of checking out customers and folding the shelves.
Fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burbank, ILNovember 8, 2017
Awesome discount and management is great just really busy around the holidays especially Black Friday. Holidays are stressful but fun at same time....
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.