Kohl's Corporation Employee Reviews for Cashier

Nice coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIFebruary 18, 2018
I liked working at Kohl's because it has a very nice work environment and Kohl's treats its employees very well. They are very understanding and flexible with hours.
it was okay
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 17, 2018
Job responsibilities include customer care, cash handling, balancing drawer at end of shift, re-stocking of merchandise and helping with online orders.
Very proactive and energizing experience.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 15, 2018
This company has really built my confidence and my multi-tasking skills. The opportunites were great. I started as a cashier then working in the customer service department, jewelry, visual, and later becomimg a specialist. There was never a dull moment. Although it was a high-traffic environment, it really is a learning experience to handle pressure and becoming more patient. The best times usually involves a lot of healthy teamwork.
Pros
Understanding management.
Cons
Lack of upward mobility.
Bad management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNFebruary 13, 2018
I was hired for Christmas/part-time help and asked to stay after this period. After reading through store policies and familiarizing myself with different departments (about 1hour) I was sent to work on cash registers-- I didn't receive ANY training on this job; another person on cash registers had to help me. After the store closed all departments were to be straightened--- all employees were there until 2:00-3:00A.M. This was never discussed when interviewing for the job. A couple times I got home in time to get ready to go to my day job. This continued after The Christmas season.
The only fun part of the job was friendly employees. Everyone is pushed, and I mean pushed hard, to talk customers into opening charge cards.
Pros
Great discounts on merchandise
Cons
Management expectations for low pay
productive work enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILFebruary 13, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of handling customer transactions, emptying sensor tags and hangers and making sure there was enough cash in the drawers. Management wasn't always the best but they did what they could to help us, Working at Kohl's you work with a diverse group of people. the most enjoyable part of the job was becoming friends with those we woeked with. The hardest part of the job was trying to make sure each department was presentable.
Okay jon
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Worked in hidden valley.
Management was not good, bad attitudes and horrible communication skills.
Always bugging to sell their credit cards
Will establish good relationships with coworkers and customers
Great
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Madison, AL 35758February 12, 2018
I enjoy working for Kohl's.They have a flexible schedule and management is great. I want to keep working there as a part time cashier.................
managers are cool
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLFebruary 12, 2018
honestly cant remember anything but how cool the employees were everyone was really nice but it is a lot of work for the pay they give you I think its minimum wage and everything is overpriced
Pros
co-workers
Cons
pay
Fun fast paced environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 8, 2018
I ran the register and helped people pick out clothing and household items. I also solicited credit applications and filled out information to see if the custolmer would be approved. The hardest part of the job was to fight the temptation to buy things all the time. The best thing was to be able to know when sales were coming and prepare for the crowds that would come. Management was fair and training was extensive.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Standing all the time
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95828February 6, 2018
They give considerations to all the employees like the HR adjust to all thei employee's request schedules. We are always given special treats like pizzas, sodas, Starbucks coffee during busy days like any holidays. And the best part of working at Kohl's is you get to get big discounts in all the things you want to purchased in the store.
Pros
Gives pizza and cookies for everyone especially busy days
Productive, friendly workplace with excellent management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 6, 2018
My experience at Kohl's was a great one from start to finish.

All of the employees where very nice and willing to help new hires. There was a learning curve in terms of figuring out the best/ most efficient way of working the register to signing people up for Kohl's Reward Cards and receipt performance reviews, but after learning became very satisfying.

The management made working there very enjoyable and made me want to do my best. The owner of the store was always very involved, and was the first to extend a helping hand when needed, or when the store was very busy. Management was very good on recognizing when someone would be going above and beyond in terms of customer service and card sign-ups. The way they helped the store function made me want to push myself to do better.

The workplace culture was very friendly, and everyone seemed to get along with each other.

All of the workers, from cashiers and customer service to managers and owner of the store made this job very enjoyable.
Pros
Great workplace culture, great employees, fair breaks
Cons
Dealing with unhappy customers who are inconsolable about deals, work certain holidays
Horrible hours
Cashier (Current Employee) –  TXFebruary 5, 2018
Hired as a temp the most hours i got was 30 and that was thanksgiving n black Friday week. So only worked 1 full week since hired in September and here it is February. Most of the time only get 10-15 hours even after store kept me after the holidays. If you're a cashier the managment hound you to beg people to sign up for their store credit card. i understand that there are slow time of business but workin 10 hours pay for nothing when you have to support a family.
Pros
Team friendly, weekly pay, lots of free food oportunities.
Cons
Credit hogs, no hours
great place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2018
its a great place to work everyone is really friendly. the mangers are really nice and they will work with you. you get a lot of hours around the holiday.
Fun place to work, but no security
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Short Pump, VAFebruary 5, 2018
I was hired here as a part time associate shortly before the holidays with the intention of being a permanent employee. Management never expressed that the employees with the least amount of credit applications under their belt would be treated as seasonal and laid off after the holidays. I was let go in a single day without notice by the time January rolled around.

If you are good at convincing people to sign up for things, you will probably do okay as long as your numbers stay high. They do a lot of incentives like prizes and jean days in exchange for certain goals being met and the overall atmosphere is friendly among the associates, although the upper management can be very condescending and uncaring.
Pros
Fun, laid back, easy work and training
Cons
Doesn't pay the best and high turnover
Great place to start working
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 5, 2018
Good place to gain interpersonal and organizational skills. Great for college and high school students. Management worked with my schedule and adjusted as needed.
Kohl's is a great go-to seasonal job
Seasonal Point-of-Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 5, 2018
I was hired seasonally for Kohl's and I loved working there! The managers were great and helpful and all of the staff tried very hard to keep everyone's spirits up for Christmas!
Pros
Food in the break room, lots of breaks, good management
Overall Great Place to Gain Experience and Work
Operations and Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 5, 2018
Great place to gain excellent customer service skills, it is an extremely positive work environment from customers to co-workers. The job duties aren't hard at all even when the pace starts to pick up for the holidays. It's a pretty typical retail job if you keep busy and keep up with the daily tasks then everything should stay great.
Pros
work with school schedule, nice break room
Cons
low hours, low pay rate
Calm and Organized environment disrupted by disconnected management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCFebruary 4, 2018
On a typical work day it is slow and you often find yourself with nothing to do, but that keeps the work space organized when you have plenty of time to clean. The management are really sweet people, but they don't really train you before throwing you behind the cash register. They also don't care about your life or responsibilities outside of work so they don't work with your schedule and try to call you in on days you requested off. Working in the app to take days off doesn't work. You will always get put on the schedule if you ask for the day off. The employee discount is great and the break room is always full of snacks and coupons.
Pros
snacks, discounts, cleanliness
Cons
scheduling, distant management
Fair paced work speed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 4, 2018
The hardest thing of the job was learning how to do the system but after everything became easy. The hours were good along with the workers. I enjoyed working sides of the store by myself sometimes.
Pros
Decent breaks
Productive and interactive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 3, 2018
Lots of independent work, customer service skills needed as well as friendly attitude and motivation to do well. Employees are expected to pull their own weight and sign up customers for Kohl's Charge and Rewards programs. Friendly work environment with headstrong employees and management.
Pros
Employees are rewarded for hardwork
Cons
Zero tolerance for misconduct

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

54.5K