Kohl's Corporation Employee Reviews for Associate

Be Prepared to Make the Job Your Life
Associate (Former Employee) –  Seekonk, MADecember 9, 2017
The managers in the store I worked for disregarded my availability, causing me to become ill from stress and overwork, which meant I had to call out a few times. My availability had not changed from day one, so if it was going to be an issue, that should have been expressed upfront so that I wouldn't have wasted my time.

I loved the actual job itself, so it was a crying shame to have to leave a position I enjoyed because of poor management. I've heard good things about the company as a whole, and I wish I had gotten to experience that. It's disheartening to think that if only I had gone to a different location I might have had managers that take availability to heart as opposed to a light suggestion.
Pros
Free food, easy dress code
Cons
disregard for availability
Kohl's is all about value and life.
Frieght Associate (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIDecember 8, 2017
I started in July this year after leaving Manufacturing and I love it there. The management team is outstanding, supportive and caring about their employees.
The people you will work with are great too!
The schedule is very flexible with your personal life and if you have other jobs or go to school. I myself have two other jobs.
It can be fast pace during peak hours but it is mostly laid back. It does great very stressful during the holidays just like any other place.

If you are looking at being a Fright Associate, such as myself, you have the option of overnights from October- January 1st with a $1 shift premium and you are then allowed fill time with overtime as much as you want but the store manager will remind you, don't over do it and to make sure you take of you. One example right there that the management team is great.
Otherwise it's early mornings at 5am and non truck days is based off your availability.

The only down fall with Kohl's is the pay and you are hired at part time hence the reason why I have other jobs to supplement my income. The only reason that I will leave Kohl's is if I am offered a full-time position with a higher pay grade because now a days you can't live off of minimum wage nor $9 an hour.
Keep in mind though, if you work hard at this company, you are offer growth with them but I can't state if your wages will increase because I don't know.
Overall; a good place to work.
Pros
Supportive company, gets involved with the community, flexible schedule, great people to work with
Cons
Low pay rate.
I don't know
Sells Associate (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXDecember 4, 2017
Cleaned my area, helped anyone who needed.
Management was kinda poor.
I hated the cash register, I wasn't trained well for it.
I was only there for less then a month can't really say anything about it.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WADecember 3, 2017
It was always fun to go to work and its very fast paced with great people. You can joke around while you get your work done but be professional at the same time.
Okay
Kohl's Associate (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYDecember 2, 2017
It was alright until it started coming in between my school work. Idk what else to say. People were alright. Customers were sometimes difficult. Busy.
Pros
People
Cons
People
did not take time to explain the job or train
Wharehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDDecember 1, 2017
was required to meet time, but was not trained on how to perform quantity amount of work. Fast pace work environment needed more training and instructions. too many supervisors giving contradictory directionsl
Kohl's Associate (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYNovember 30, 2017
This was my favorite job. I left because it was only seasonal but I would definitely work here again. The customers are great and Kohl’s does great fundraisers for all types of things. The managers are all nice and they do not pick and choose who is their favorite.
Good workplace
Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 28, 2017
I genuinely enjoy working at Kohl's and the staff and management are great, however the pay rate is less than what I would like for the amount of work that I do.
fast paced
Associate (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IANovember 25, 2017
fast paced
have to think on your feet
easy to work alone and with customers
very clicky staff
enjoyable to work with customers and see new stock arrive
hardest part is thinking on your feet and knowing where and what kind of merchandise is available
Pros
discounts
Cons
staff is clicky
5 days was enough
Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, MANovember 24, 2017
First day I was asked what days I wanted to work, I said if I have to work on the weekends I would rather pick Sunday so I can make more money and the manager which replied very rudely "Who interviewed you!?" Second day I was put in a room in front of a computer to train myself which I'm sure everyone has to do. I passed above average in all the quizzes. Third day I asked what do you want me to do today and the same manager said go on the floor to fold and pick up. Next day same thing she put me back on the floor to fold and pick up which is not the position I applied for but I would have been okay with it if I didn't see a girl that was trained on the same day and I have much more experience over her, I was told she was put on the register. That's when I realized they were being unfair and punched out and left. If only after 5 days of working they put preferences on their employees i would rather work somewhere else.
Cons
Unprofessional, doesn't trust employees, judgemental
kohls is a great employer
P.O.S. Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CANovember 24, 2017
working at Kohls is easy and fun and you get a discount. i really enjoyed my time there. I wish i hadn't taken another job that offered me full time. i probably would have been offered a full time position had i been patient.
Associate Friendly Workplace
Full Time Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 20, 2017
Kohl's is a typical big box retailer. Fast-paced environment, multitasking a must. Focus on providing great customer service. Hardest part of the job is soliciting credit applications. Most enjoyable part of the job is the way Associates are given priority.
plenty of work atleast during hollidays
OC associate (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDNovember 16, 2017
Great environment, plenty of work to do work culture different from any job I've experienced before. Compensation is reasonable. Would recommend to anyone interested in this company.
Pros
hours
Cons
pressure
na
Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2017
dont give enough hours if your not fulfilling credit goals regardless of other hard work they feel like getting credits is most important . fast paced and stress full
Pros
night Supervisor Is rude
Cons
breaks are okay
Its a very friendly place
Frieght Associate (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVNovember 8, 2017
I love working at kohls the only problem with it is that they give you little to no hours and you cant survive on $70 a paycheck. the conditions are great and the management is wonderful.
great benefits
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHNovember 8, 2017
I did receive fair hourly pay, they have a package of great benefits, it was a good schedule-3 12 hr shifts, 4 days off every week, would recommend it
Extremely Poor Management
Associate (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutNovember 2, 2017
Working at Kohl's was a frustrating experience. There was practically no chance for advancement. The pay was low and the hours given wasn't always fair. Work/life balance was impossible during the holiday season because even as part timers, you're practically working 40 hours a week and you receive no benefits at all! Hard work wasn't rewarded but instead hard working associates were expected to work harder to pick up the slack of others who aren't "capable" of doing more than what their job is.

The management team was a disgrace. I've witnessed many of my managers conduct themselves unprofessionally by being rude, lazy (taking more breaks than they are entitled to) and gossiping about other associates. Management would remind associates about what is expected of them but managers didn't always practice what they preach. The lack of communication between managers caused a lot of confusion for associates and caused them to do their job incorrectly. Questionable and petty behavior exhibited by management was justified by the company's policy making it an uneasy and unfriendly place to work at.

Overall, Kohl's is a good place to work at if you're just starting out and looking to gain real world work experience but don't expect or try to make a career out of working for Kohl's.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Poor management, No growth opportunity, No work/life balance
Exactly what you'd expect from a department retail company
Kohl's Associate (Former Employee) –  Webster, NYNovember 1, 2017
Started seasonal, then stayed on as part-time. No benefits, no availability to move up to full-time. Paid minimum wage. According to others who worked there for 10 plus years, getting a raise is rare. One woman had been there for 7 years and barely had a $.70 raise over her entire time working for them. That was when I knew I needed to start looking elsewhere. Most hours were weekend evenings and spent cleaning up after customers.
fun place to work at
Kohl's Associate (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAOctober 30, 2017
Kohls is a fun place to work out. Associates have a lot of events going on to help the community. Kohls gives Associate a lot of benefits and discounts.
Other associates are great
Associate (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILOctober 30, 2017
Workday varys. No advancement within company, all benefits are being cut, unless your in a management position there is no reason to stay at Kohls, the most enjoyable part of the job is the other employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.