Kohl's Corporation Employee Reviews

Horrible management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 5, 2017
I would not recommend working here to anyone! The managers call the employees names and you get terrible shifts for having inflexible hours. The discount and coworkers are nice, but management is not good. They schedule you for long 10 hour shifts even if you are only working part time. You also have to reach unrealistic credit standards.
Pros
Discount, nice co-workers
Cons
Management, hours, credit
productive
Kohl's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHDecember 5, 2017
Great during the holidays; very productive
Hardest part was keeping up with all the new sales and discounts
A typical day was a very busy day with lots of holiday shopping
I would go back to working at Kohl's if they were hiring or needed people.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VADecember 4, 2017
It was fun working at Kohl's. I was seasonal but everyone was nice and friendly. My section was home and kids putting up the kids clothes and folding it and putting up the toys and fixing the area for home accessories. I liked working there it was fun while it lasted.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Was seasonal
Great seasonal job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Yorkville, ILDecember 4, 2017
Kohl's is a great place to work for the Christmas season. I have really enjoyed my time there with all my co-workers and management. There are times when the job requires you to move at a fast pace, so you better be able to move.
Relaxed workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2017
Great job for customer service type work. Kohl's was laid back .paid weekly a very accommodating job. Various types of positions and schedules available
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Working weekends
Corporate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marquette, MIDecember 4, 2017
Not a bad place, as far as friendly co-workers and managers willing to jump in and help or answer any question while on the job. They don't schedule enough people to have enough time to do what is expected.
Pros
Provides food for associates some days
Cons
Schedules outside of given availability
Fast paced work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHDecember 4, 2017
Associates are expected to do basically everything all at once. When something isn't done, management complains rather than praising what has been done. Managers are never happy with work done. Managers never take responsibility, but rather blame one another for negative things that happen. Low pay for the amount of work asked of associates.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor management, low pay, not worth the stress
Productive and fun place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKDecember 4, 2017
I would lo e to relocate to the Kohls in Broken Arrow if im able to. I'd like to apply.. I worked in MUM and had to clean up all three of these sections their dressing rooms. You help all customers and make sure they are happy. I would love to work for this company again I just unfortunately had to move. I hoody will give me a position back. I love that job.
Pros
Dicounts, paid holidays and paid vacations
Cons
A lot of time on your feet and must work holidays.
good place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIDecember 4, 2017
Left for personal reasons. The hours were varied. Management was supportive. Learned how to merchandise products.
Managed payroll for a store.
Hired and disciplined associates.
benefits
wtf is this
Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth TexasDecember 4, 2017
i didnt State I worked for the corporation. I work in the retail and I had a couple of managers that were a little unhappy and like to share their unhappiness I had others that were extremely good managers very positive and encouraging and extremely adept team leaders. Unfortunately it seems corporate does push our managers who intern become very stressed resulting in a not so comfortable workspace I feel affected the entire teams Quality of work During these stressful times
I don't know
Sells Associate (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXDecember 4, 2017
Cleaned my area, helped anyone who needed.
Management was kinda poor.
I hated the cash register, I wasn't trained well for it.
I was only there for less then a month can't really say anything about it.
Good temporary job
Point of Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INDecember 4, 2017
It was a good job out of high school. Part time / holiday work. Reasonable management. Easy enough work if you make sure the customer is always happy and right.
A good place to make a career
Kohl's Associate - Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHDecember 4, 2017
Friendly place to work where great customer service is emphasized. Started as a seasonal associate and it turned into an 11-year career. If you enjoy working with customers, and the general craziness that can come with retail, I would recommend working here.
Pros
Never dull, good co-workers, decent benefits
Cons
Pay could be a little better, a little too focused on having customers open credit cards
Swim or sink
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 4, 2017
Had no training, just threw me on the registers a day before Black Friday. Luckily I was a quick learner and was able to be of help to customers. Not my favorite place I've worked. Had a lot of employees complaining about their job.
Pros
discounts
Fast-paced with plenty to do
Retail Sales Associate/Fitting Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHDecember 4, 2017
I loved working at Kohl's. I met and worked with some very nice people. I liked the work that I performed, I felt I was out-standing in in my job, although it kept me on my feet non-stop the whole working time I was there, it was fast-paced and not boring at all. I loved working with the new technology that I learned while working there.
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes no breaks at all
Opportiunity for growth/ Amazing discounts
Customer Service/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Joliet/ Plainfield/ LemontDecember 4, 2017
In the six years I spent at Kohl's I was promoted twice and became part of the management team. Never had a dull day. The company policies made it easy for me to do my job. I was able to work in every department and learn as much as I wanted. The associate discounts are very generous!
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Cons
Holiday hours
close to home
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYDecember 4, 2017
This was a retail job, which required working nights and weekends. It was a temporary job, and I wanted something full time with benefits. It was nice to get a discount on all items I purchased from the store.
Pros
discounts on merchandise
Cons
weekend work
It was ok
Kohl's Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCDecember 4, 2017
slow moving and can be boring at times. coworkers were nice not a big fan of the mangers. provided food on average so that was a plus. its not a bad place to work and you are guaranteed hours
poor management
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 4, 2017
The manager at the time was not in the best interest of the store. But I have been told that they have new management and anyone that quit under the old management was rehirable.
Good work environment that lacks control.
Kohl's Department Lead (Current Employee) –  Ankeny, IADecember 4, 2017
Associates don’t get enough training which can hurt the customer service. I believe that the customers whom shop here have no care for anyone but themselves and seem to not care if they’re messy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.