Kohl's Corporation Employee Reviews

It was a good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARDecember 6, 2017
Kohl's is a good place to work at but when they start hiring new people your hours get cut down, they had a good work team, we would work in groups and we would help each other. It would help us get our jobs done faster so we all could go home early, and so that we wouldn't work overtime.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough hours
lots of variety & fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Yardley, PADecember 6, 2017
a lovely store with awesome collection of dresses for all ages.
great to shop with the perks of employee discount specially when sales are going on as that's added , so its almost steal of a deal.
there's always great things even in the clearance section of all departments.

overall best store compared to those other stores in the malls.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
nothing.
Credit Stress
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GADecember 6, 2017
The walkie talkies were the devil. They would talk on them all day and it was really distracting to deal with customers and listen to the walkie. The hours were scarce.
Forever changing, fast paced and sink or swim type of environment
Freight Associate (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CADecember 6, 2017
The managers main focus is Credit. Credit credit credit talk it up!! The store is always a mess, recovery should be held a priority over anything else which it tends to be the last it makes pulls(replenishment, and new freight stocking horribly difficult as well as ship to store) you’re always rushed to get everything done so people half a** the job which makes everything a mess. It’s suppose to be a team environment but it’s dog eat dog from Managers to front line employees. Too many clicks and favorites..
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours are not set, no life/work balance, lack of recognition
Fun Place to work for
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, CODecember 5, 2017
Learned a lot of Cash Register Skills, credit and customer service applications, closing registers and final close, made good friends. and was lively atmosphere.
Good First Job
Cashier Associate (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INDecember 5, 2017
Very busy days,you can learn how to solicit credit and run cash register, management was okay, the culture was pretty okay, worst part was the fitting rooms, most enjoyable i'd say was styling
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCDecember 5, 2017
I really enjoy working here. They are big on team work and recognizing someone when they go above and beyond. It's defiantly a team environment. The discount is a really nice bonus, too.
Pros
nice discount, good co workers, good culture, Pto, insurance
Cons
Have to work holidays, understaffed
kohls is a great job
Truck Unloader/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INDecember 5, 2017
the managers and coworkers were amazing. if i had the opportunity to work at kohls again i would defintely take the position agaim because it was such a great working environment
fun and fast paced
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Derby, KSDecember 5, 2017
always on your feet doing something. your never not busy and if you aren't busy they will always have something you can do or help with. fast paced and social enviroment
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough hours
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Wurtsboro, NYDecember 5, 2017
a good working environment with friendly helpful staff. Good hours and pay with the capacity to offer overtime during the busy season and offered part-time employment after hiring for a seasonal position
Kohls as a worker
Ad Set Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stockbridge, GADecember 5, 2017
I was able to work for this company for over 8 years and I never was able to get a full week vacation we only got a raise of a few cent's and I mean a few. The way they took people who have worked for the company for over 10 years they lose all of their vacation and personal time.The number one manager that we had was just our right rude me working for the company for so long we had become family she changed all that.Would I go back sure do I miss it yes all the time I had to let the job go due to my health.
Pros
work around my life
Cons
the head manager was the worse
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 5, 2017
Different shifts
Heavy lifting
Walking/ standing for hours
Great Managment
Pros
Great Lunch area
Funna and interesting place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJDecember 5, 2017
it was a good and fun company to work for. fast paced especially during the Christmas, Easter and 4th of July holidays. It could become stressful at time if you worked in customer service returns. but I had good support.
Horrible management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 5, 2017
I would not recommend working here to anyone! The managers call the employees names and you get terrible shifts for having inflexible hours. The discount and coworkers are nice, but management is not good. They schedule you for long 10 hour shifts even if you are only working part time. You also have to reach unrealistic credit standards.
Pros
Discount, nice co-workers
Cons
Management, hours, credit
productive
Kohl's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHDecember 5, 2017
Great during the holidays; very productive
Hardest part was keeping up with all the new sales and discounts
A typical day was a very busy day with lots of holiday shopping
I would go back to working at Kohl's if they were hiring or needed people.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VADecember 4, 2017
It was fun working at Kohl's. I was seasonal but everyone was nice and friendly. My section was home and kids putting up the kids clothes and folding it and putting up the toys and fixing the area for home accessories. I liked working there it was fun while it lasted.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Was seasonal
Great seasonal job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Yorkville, ILDecember 4, 2017
Kohl's is a great place to work for the Christmas season. I have really enjoyed my time there with all my co-workers and management. There are times when the job requires you to move at a fast pace, so you better be able to move.
Relaxed workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2017
Great job for customer service type work. Kohl's was laid back .paid weekly a very accommodating job. Various types of positions and schedules available
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Working weekends
Corporate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marquette, MIDecember 4, 2017
Not a bad place, as far as friendly co-workers and managers willing to jump in and help or answer any question while on the job. They don't schedule enough people to have enough time to do what is expected.
Pros
Provides food for associates some days
Cons
Schedules outside of given availability
Fast paced work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHDecember 4, 2017
Associates are expected to do basically everything all at once. When something isn't done, management complains rather than praising what has been done. Managers are never happy with work done. Managers never take responsibility, but rather blame one another for negative things that happen. Low pay for the amount of work asked of associates.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor management, low pay, not worth the stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.