Kohl's Corporation Employee Reviews

Productive and Friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLFebruary 19, 2018
Kohls is a Great workplace. They always have tasks on hand. Extremely motivated store that sustains a clean and presentable work environment and garenteed customer satisfaction.
Worst place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTFebruary 19, 2018
Worst place ever to work barely any training lack of follow through hit or miss schedule they just don't care about there employees lack of consideration training was a joke they have you watch videos one day and then have you come back another to do computer training which is a joke then throw you on to train with someone for a few hours and then basically it's sink or swim
Pros
Cons
Training
Productive place to work and excellent staff.
Cash Office/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXFebruary 19, 2018
Great place to work at. Love my job and the staff I work with.
Typical day is doing cash office, opening up registers to start the day. Then setting up customer service and preparing for the day.
The hardest part of the day is trying to deal with some of the customers and their moods.
Enjoyable part of the job is being with my fellow employees, having fun, but working hard at the same time.
Pros
Parties on special occasions such as superbowl, christmas and just for fun at times.
Cons
No healthcare for part timers and no paid vacations.
Very rewarding and taught me alot on how to wow the customers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 19, 2018
Great hours, benefits, and recognition for it's employees. They really do strive for greatness with their employees as well as providing excellent service to their customers.
Pros
reward and recognition for achieving greatness
My Rating
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKFebruary 19, 2018
My above Rating of this company will speak volumes. The 4 stars on Management is due ONLY to my immediate District Manager. The workplace culture is 'stressed' both in the LP and OP areas, with both having to make due with the policies set forth that are inadequate, to say the least.
Managment
ociate at Kohls I work as a cashier (Current Employee) –  Riverton, UTFebruary 19, 2018
I really struggle with the management. They seem like they are all over the place and I do not like the inconsistency with my schedule and the are flexible to an extend.
great
Department Supervisor/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marion, INFebruary 19, 2018
Overall a great place to work. As a part time and full time employee your hours were never guaranteed. Shift changes make it hard when having a small child
Pros
discount
Cons
hours
Kohls
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHFebruary 19, 2018
I loved to work at Kohls. The staff and management always had a positive outlook on everything. Working there was always a good time. The management wanted to help anyway they could with any situation anyone was in.
Good place
Wear House (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILFebruary 18, 2018
Good company to work for and some times slow .... They give you the opportunity to work and get hours . Not too many off days some times 8 and 10 hour shifts the bosses are nice people !
Pros
Pizza days and good people to be around
Cons
No slacking
An okay place to work
MJM Associate (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIFebruary 18, 2018
Not too bad for a starter job - nice discounts and they do seem to care about their employees. I will say that their hours were not the best and they frequently changed managers when I was there.
Pros
Discounts, flexible hours
Cons
No way to move up, bad raises, managers frequently changed
Fun and rewarding work environment
Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 18, 2018
I've been a Kohl's for 3+ years & it has been one of the best pt jobs I've had. They have an outstanding work environment, great discounts and phenomenal staff! More importantly, corporate really cares and listens to store employees. At previous jobs I felt like just a number, but it Kohl's I honestly feel like a valued employee!
Pros
Discount, great managers, fun place.
Great development
Manager (Current Employee) –  ArizonaFebruary 18, 2018
Great development and connections. Management is friendly, but very business focused. There is always daily focus on making metrics, but not always the metrics that drive top line sales.
Nice coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIFebruary 18, 2018
I liked working at Kohl's because it has a very nice work environment and Kohl's treats its employees very well. They are very understanding and flexible with hours.
Fun place to work, lots of food!
Cashier Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 18, 2018
A typical work day at Kohls was pretty busy. Everyone I worked with there was friendly for the most part with the exception of a couple of managers. The cashier who trained me was awesome, she's great at what she does and loved by everyone there! The hardesatt part of working at Kohls was they ever changing schedule and hours. The most enjoyable part of working at Kohls was the customers. Getting to know the regular customers by name and being able to have friendly conversations with them was the best!
Fast paced fun place to work. Allow you to run the business as if you were the CEO.
HR Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHFebruary 18, 2018
Kohls provides a great work life balance. Provide clear expectations of your role and give you ample time to accomplish it. Overall the best company I have ever worked for.
overworked
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAFebruary 18, 2018
The job asked more from you than what they would typically pay. There was no real way of moving up unless someone either left the company or transferred to another store. The pay raise itself wasn't the best considering they would have one person for two departments.
Awesome discounts
Kohl's Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTFebruary 18, 2018
Some managers favor the lazier coworkers. Hard work at times does not go noticed. Holiday time there are unlimited hours. But off season there are hardly any hours.
It’s fun place to work
Point of Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIFebruary 17, 2018
II really enjoy working at Kohl’s. The only thing I do not like is when the new hires come in their pay is close to my pay after working there 3 years
Pros
Supervisors and managers treat you very well. The associate discounts are really awesome
Cons
The pay should be more for what they expect of you.
it was okay
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 17, 2018
Job responsibilities include customer care, cash handling, balancing drawer at end of shift, re-stocking of merchandise and helping with online orders.
Ehhhhhh
Point of Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2018
This is a great to place to work if you have no outside commitments.

Very few hours to get during a work week, no benefits, no chance to advance in your own store. Hire outside managers.

Have to solicit credit card applications. If you don't get so many in a week, hours would be cut.

But hey.. the discounts were good. Just don't get a credit card with them.
Pros
Discounts, Management can be friendly, Can be a Friendly place to work.
Cons
Short breaks, Have to Solicit Credits, Short hours to work, no Benefits, no PTO

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

54.5K