Kohl's Corporation Employee Reviews

Kohl's Summary
Shoes Associate (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDDecember 7, 2017
My review at Kohl's would be that if you enjoy working with a great team its perfect. Kohl's focuses developing everyone in a team. Many people at Kohl's have team meetings to set up for holidays.
Enjoyed working with customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN 37934December 7, 2017
Worked part time on the floor with merchandise and customers. Enjoyed the interaction and challenges that comes with retail. Managers were great to work with.
Fast paced place
Jewelry Consultant/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 6, 2017
It was a good learning experience. Opportunities to move departments around if interest shown. Management was hard to communicate. More people needed to keep the Jewelry and Customer Service Departments going.
Good For Students
Point of Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 6, 2017
I have worked for Kohls for over a year as a Cashier, management is average. Extremely flexible with scheduling, but during holidays be prepared to work. All of my co-workers are friendly and hard-working, for the most part, the customer base is decent, occasionally a few rude ones. The hardest part of the job is getting people to sign up for credit cards. I really love interacting with so many people and getting to work directly with customers, management, and other departments. However, it is not a good fit if you are looking to make a management position, there is little vertical movement within the company.
Pros
flexible with scheduling
Cons
Expect to work all Holidays except Christmas Day and Easter
Average
Freight unloader (Former Employee) –  Prescott ValleyDecember 6, 2017
Always gave them my best and was given certificate to award my hard work. The only problem was changing schedule without notification which lead to issues. Also when they changed direct supervisor issues arose for some reason when work output was the same. It seemed she played favorites made it too stressful.
Cons
Not enough scheduled help. Always start the day behind.
Becoming a better work place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHDecember 6, 2017
Kohl's DC Is improving. At first, management had poor communication. but when i reported harassment to HR, the problem was fixed the same week. Pay is very good for the amount of work. I would recommend Kohl's over other DCs. Communication was getting better when i was there.
Pros
Great pay and hours
Cons
HR is not always helpful with account info. "Call HR" is terrible.
Pretty friendly work environment
Cashier/Customer Service/Supervisor Accessories (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MADecember 6, 2017
Wasn't a bad job, I worked all aspects of it from Cashier to Customer Service to Supervisor so there is definetly chance to move up. Only real problem was after the holidays the hours got cut a lot.
Pros
Friendly, chance for promotions
Cons
Hours
Management was fine but little pay and no set hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Delavan, WIDecember 6, 2017
Retail job where you had to work different shifts. Was cross trained in other departments. I worked part time so the pay wasn't very good and not enough hours.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise was nice
Cons
Not enough hours
It was a good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARDecember 6, 2017
Kohl's is a good place to work at but when they start hiring new people your hours get cut down, they had a good work team, we would work in groups and we would help each other. It would help us get our jobs done faster so we all could go home early, and so that we wouldn't work overtime.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough hours
lots of variety & fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Yardley, PADecember 6, 2017
a lovely store with awesome collection of dresses for all ages.
great to shop with the perks of employee discount specially when sales are going on as that's added , so its almost steal of a deal.
there's always great things even in the clearance section of all departments.

overall best store compared to those other stores in the malls.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
nothing.
Credit Stress
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GADecember 6, 2017
The walkie talkies were the devil. They would talk on them all day and it was really distracting to deal with customers and listen to the walkie. The hours were scarce.
Forever changing, fast paced and sink or swim type of environment
Freight Associate (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CADecember 6, 2017
The managers main focus is Credit. Credit credit credit talk it up!! The store is always a mess, recovery should be held a priority over anything else which it tends to be the last it makes pulls(replenishment, and new freight stocking horribly difficult as well as ship to store) you’re always rushed to get everything done so people half a** the job which makes everything a mess. It’s suppose to be a team environment but it’s dog eat dog from Managers to front line employees. Too many clicks and favorites..
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours are not set, no life/work balance, lack of recognition
Fun Place to work for
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, CODecember 5, 2017
Learned a lot of Cash Register Skills, credit and customer service applications, closing registers and final close, made good friends. and was lively atmosphere.
Good First Job
Cashier Associate (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INDecember 5, 2017
Very busy days,you can learn how to solicit credit and run cash register, management was okay, the culture was pretty okay, worst part was the fitting rooms, most enjoyable i'd say was styling
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCDecember 5, 2017
I really enjoy working here. They are big on team work and recognizing someone when they go above and beyond. It's defiantly a team environment. The discount is a really nice bonus, too.
Pros
nice discount, good co workers, good culture, Pto, insurance
Cons
Have to work holidays, understaffed
kohls is a great job
Truck Unloader/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INDecember 5, 2017
the managers and coworkers were amazing. if i had the opportunity to work at kohls again i would defintely take the position agaim because it was such a great working environment
fun and fast paced
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Derby, KSDecember 5, 2017
always on your feet doing something. your never not busy and if you aren't busy they will always have something you can do or help with. fast paced and social enviroment
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough hours
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Wurtsboro, NYDecember 5, 2017
a good working environment with friendly helpful staff. Good hours and pay with the capacity to offer overtime during the busy season and offered part-time employment after hiring for a seasonal position
Kohls as a worker
Ad Set Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stockbridge, GADecember 5, 2017
I was able to work for this company for over 8 years and I never was able to get a full week vacation we only got a raise of a few cent's and I mean a few. The way they took people who have worked for the company for over 10 years they lose all of their vacation and personal time.The number one manager that we had was just our right rude me working for the company for so long we had become family she changed all that.Would I go back sure do I miss it yes all the time I had to let the job go due to my health.
Pros
work around my life
Cons
the head manager was the worse
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 5, 2017
Different shifts
Heavy lifting
Walking/ standing for hours
Great Managment
Pros
Great Lunch area

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.