Kohl's Corporation Employee Reviews

it was ok
I work as a customer service associate. (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 10, 2017
I dont wish to add anything else. I did not work here very long it was an ok job I quit to go to college. The managers were ok I worked well with the associates.
Pros
close to where i lived
Cons
not enough hours
productive and fun environment
Dressing Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIDecember 10, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of cleaning out all of the woman's, men's, and juniors fitting rooms while putting the clothes that were cleared from them back onto the sales floor. I typically answer at least three customer question phone calls a day and assist many in store. The workplace culture is very high spirited, and rewarding. The hardest part of the job is meeting my own cleanliness standards on a very busy day, but the easiest part of the job is having your managers and boss know that you are only one person and they commend you on your work any day.
Pros
good break system, awesome employees, positive vibe
I Like Kohls
Stylist, and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYDecember 10, 2017
It was fun working here at Kohl's. the environment was pretty nice. One thing that was a little disturbing to me about this job was having to work in the "Intimate section," which was considered to be the messiest section of them all.
Fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WADecember 10, 2017
New management was unsuccessfull make you do too much work because small payroll management was clueless and had pets who got better hours and tons of promotions for family
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Lack of hours
Good place to work with nice discounts
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCDecember 10, 2017
I enjoy this job, most of the people are friendly and talkative. Depending on the area you're working in the job can be easier or harder and in certain areas the requirements may vary.
Pros
Employee discounts and sales
Cons
schedule changes
Overall mediocre place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNDecember 10, 2017
If you’re lucky you might get a good group of management, but I’ve worked at several Kohl’s and most of them are terrible. The only good thing is the discounts and seemingly low prices.
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Not being paid fairly, poor management
No longer a good place to work. People leaving weekly.
Sr Technical Design (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2017
Pros: People are very friendly. Time off and company events are generous.
Cons: Management is very lacking and several good energy people have either left the company or been let go. There is no career advancements for Technical Design and increases are either extremely low or non-existent. Mangers for T/D overload your work priorities with small meaningless projects with stressful deadlines and several new requests after the project is complete. They undermine your capabilities, at times insulting your experience and integrity. Feed on negative, not positive, breaking down the bonds within your team. It has become a work in fear environment.
Pros
Free lunch food after visitor meetings, celebrations at holidays - Halloween, Mardi gra, Christmas
Cons
Rarely able to take lunch, no raises, HR wears blinders and only supports Mgmt
I absolutely hated this job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Point Of Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TX 77304December 10, 2017
A typical day at kohls is boring and really rude bosses. The bosses will over work you past your scheduled hours, give you insane tasks such as covering 4 fitting rooms all by yourself and when you ask for help they definitely do not give it to you. The hardest part about my job was covering all four fitting rooms during the Christmas break with no help!
Be Prepared to Make the Job Your Life
Associate (Former Employee) –  Seekonk, MADecember 9, 2017
The managers in the store I worked for disregarded my availability, causing me to become ill from stress and overwork, which meant I had to call out a few times. My availability had not changed from day one, so if it was going to be an issue, that should have been expressed upfront so that I wouldn't have wasted my time.

I loved the actual job itself, so it was a crying shame to have to leave a position I enjoyed because of poor management. I've heard good things about the company as a whole, and I wish I had gotten to experience that. It's disheartening to think that if only I had gone to a different location I might have had managers that take availability to heart as opposed to a light suggestion.
Pros
Free food, easy dress code
Cons
disregard for availability
Easy work, relaxed environment
Kohl's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORDecember 9, 2017
Staff is typically very fun to work with. Good job for someone in school, management is typically understanding. Biggest con - pay/advancement........
Pros
Environment
Cons
Pay
A day at Kohl's
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Napa, CADecember 9, 2017
I can come in to work, be greeted by lovely customers and co-workers. On a day with good coupons out, it's not packed, but things start to move really fast. I learned how to greet customers to make them feel welcomed, sell Kohl's credit cards and rewards. Also,the supervisors were always helpful and persistent.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
slow-pace days
Face paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXDecember 9, 2017
I was only their for seasonal help. But I enjoyed the time I was there. They treat you well. If you not permanent you don't get many hours. But if you are permanent you get all your hours.
Pros
Fun place to work
repetitive
Kohl's Sales Associate and cashier (Former Employee) –  Camas, WADecember 9, 2017
you work the same day over and over everything is the same you sale and work with customers as you would with most retail stores. got to know many great coworkers.
Comfortable place to work
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYDecember 9, 2017
It was a nice job around the holidays but after the holiday I only get 16 hours a week the pay is good when there are hours but in there downtime it’s not enough to live off of
Pros
Hour break
Cons
Not enough hours
n/a
Technician (Current Employee) –  Redwood Falls, MNDecember 9, 2017
there is no show of support for the guys working the shop and the service counter. main reason why company has high turn over rate and mechanics quitting all the time.
Pretty chill
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 9, 2017
I worked MJM so the job was pretty relaxed during the weekdays constantly pushing product back onto the floor & helping out on the cash wrap when needed.
Pros
Breaks, associate appreciation, fun environment
Cons
Hours weren’t consistent.
Fun and Productive place to work with a lot of benefits.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  DeSoto, TXDecember 9, 2017
My typical day at work as a supervisor was like babysitting a bunch of kids with no real support from up management. They have taken workplace culture to a different level in a bad way. This is a associate based environment which leaves no room for Ops supervisors to learn and grow.
Pros
Good salary and healthcare
Cons
No training for management.
review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  East Amherst, NYDecember 9, 2017
working there was OK I guess. I don't really wish to review this job. you are on your feet a lot. the managers always seemed to contradict each other. I didnt really enjoy it there it was just a paycheck to get through school.
Fastpaced retail
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  York, PADecember 9, 2017
Great place to work but limited room for advancement. Profitable compamy....flexible schedule...great training for executives. Great benefits with competitive compensation
Pros
Stable company
Cons
Room for advancement
fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VADecember 8, 2017
Love the people I work with
Management is good
So far no major issues with any customers
There is always something to do

Only problem is not paid enough
Pros
very flexible hours
Cons
not enough pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.