Kohl's Corporation Employee Reviews

great
Ad Set/ Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Golden, COFebruary 21, 2018
I t was a good place to work for . I enjoyed the co workers and I really liked the Store Manager. The store manager was always working with her employies. I got to do many different job. Rate of pay was very low.
Friendly work place
work in the cash office (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAFebruary 21, 2018
I started working here, when the store was empty and we help set up the store. From unloaded the truck to stocking the floor. I worked on the floor stocking with merchandise. I advance yo work in the cash office counting all the stores money and making deposits. In charge of stocking store with enough money from bank
Pros
Great go workers
Cons
Not enough hours
ok place
AA Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2018
ok place to work depending on your management staff. Some managers are very caring, kind, and smart and really care about the development of their associates. While others only care about their own advancement not their associates. The worst part is really the customers, and the outsourced call center employees.
fun place to work
Soft Line supervisor (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHFebruary 21, 2018
Learn a lot of new things and was promoted early for hard work. Worked with my family life. great benefits. I loved this job. If you had any questions, they would help you understand them and show you hands on. Very easy and fun. I did put a lot of unwanted clothes back on the floor. Great people and environment. Was a very busy place to work, kept you busy. Very good on giving breaks. Paid well. Had benefits for full time and part time. 401K for fulltime and lots of vacation time. Had reviews.
Pros
Work with you
Cons
angry customers
Productive and fun work environment
Milwaukee - Point Of Sale (Cashier) (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 21, 2018
I really enjoy the work atmosphere because it's so easy to get along with everyone. Management was nice and they always encouraged and acknowledged us. As a cashier you usually hear bad stories but even the customers are nice. Of course you deal with a few bad ones but overall the experience is wonderful.
Pros
Incentives for credits, dress up days and food days, casual wear
One of my favorite companies
Customer Service Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXFebruary 21, 2018
Never assume that you are golden...even though I was fast tracking to management training, just one or two lapses in judgment caused me to lose a job I valued and enjoyed. I lost out to people who had no desire to continue or grow with the company. I understand why I was terminated, but I don't think I was given an opportunity to rectify a behavior, indeed, I never even realized I had overstepped boundaries. Unfortunately, Kohl's lost a dedicated employee and I lost an amazing opportunity for growth.
Pros
opportunities for growth, work with schedules, very diversified
Cons
cliques
New workers
Point of Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 20, 2018
Great place to work for a first-time worker, you get to met new people and there are great perks for employees. This job can open the door for many opportunities.
Kohls was a great place to work if you don't mind retail business working hours.
Associate Customer Service & Point of Sale (Former Employee) –  Naples, FL 34109February 20, 2018
Anyone looking for a job in retail would, in my opinion, enjoy working at Kohls. Management was great, there was typical workplace drama but nothing out of the ordinary. The hardest part for me about the job was working mostly nights and weekends, since I was new. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was getting to see all the new fashion coming in every day along with their great employee discounts.
professional and productive fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYFebruary 20, 2018
I loved it there wonderful managers and supervisors who enjoy the community while I was there they push alot of credit applications to help the corporation
Pros
good environment
Average
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ft Walton Bch, FLFebruary 20, 2018
This company offers a good employee discount, but rarely hire full time. Wages are average. They do not communicate very well with their employees about available benefits
Pros
Good discount, Can work around another job
Cons
Wages never change even after a year of working, no paid time off
fun place to work at
Seasonal Picker (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 20, 2018
A typical day at work would be fast paced, through out the whole warehouse. You learn to adjust to the machine to pick and you learn how to find each item the machine is asking you to pick. toy also learn time management. Vto/Pto started at 12.50$ an hour holidays/Ot is double the salary
Great place to be
associate. (Former Employee) –  marylandFebruary 20, 2018
Learned a lot, met a lot of great people, loved my job. The company throws too many competing priorities at you that impede your ability to actually do the job you are there to do-which is sell s
Pros
Compensation
Cons
work life balance, upper management not in touch, too many competing priorities
Fun environment, very friendly
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 20, 2018
I learn how to help people apply for Kohl's credit card. It was very hard to learn at first but i got the hang of it. I loved working in the retail business. It was very nice to work there.
Pros
Vending machines in the break room
Cons
Not enough radios for everyone
Great place to worrk
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 20, 2018
Fun, upbeat environment, never boring, offered a great selection of products and attire. I immediately felt like they had a great family atmosphere, especially also with how many military families are employed there.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 20, 2018
Amazing place to work, great with scheduling, very understanding. If you want hours they will give you the hours. Employees are open to new people . Security is on point
Pros
Breaks
It was an ok place to work at
Seasonal Freight Associate/Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Waxhaw, NCFebruary 20, 2018
It was an ok place to work at. The work was fairly easy. The managers were very friendly and would often bring food when the team did a great job. Co-workers were great.
Pros
Friendly managers, friendly co-workers
Cons
Not enought hours, pesky customers
had its ups and downs
Sales Representative, Inventory specialist (Former Employee) –  Parker, COFebruary 20, 2018
I worked here in hours that would still allow me to work for myself. They seemed to work in 2 different ways. Ether they would load you up with hours to work or wouldn't give many out then ask for more from you when they needed more.
Pros
Managers were more respectful of employees and more forth coming with thankyous
Cons
work times were not too concise
Tough
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NJFebruary 20, 2018
I enjoyed and did not enjoy, Management clueless about productivity, Work could be strenuous and tough, no checkout between shifts, management incommunicative
Great part-time job for a college student.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKFebruary 20, 2018
I worked at Kohl's for almost 3-years. It was a good place to work for a young, college student needing extra money. They are very flexible with scheduling and worked around that very well. The atmosphere while working was never negative - everyone always collaborated with each other well. The hardest part of the job was learning how to work everything when I first started; the training was very minimal and it's essential to ask questions.
I really enjoyed working at kohls
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Thorndale, PAFebruary 19, 2018
I started at Kohls as seasonal help and they kept me on after the holiday.Everybody I worked with was very nice and I enjoyed talking with the customers.
Pros
The employee discounts
Cons
The hourly pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

54.5K