Kohl's Corporation Employee Reviews

Productive and very fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CADecember 16, 2017
When I worked at Kohl's our management worked to have all employees be quick and productive. Furthermore we were very friendly with customers and always working to make them happy.
Retail work
Kohl's Associate (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJDecember 16, 2017
Kohls has a very inciting enviorment. The managers were always very nice and a bunch of times they would buy food for us. The hardest part of the job was the 8 hour shift days. Where I would stand at my cashier for 8 hours and turn into auto pilot.
Good money
Picker (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDDecember 16, 2017
Get money and get people to work with.
You can make your own schedule....
They have part time and full time...
But sometime they do have a leak of work
Pros
paid lunchs
Cons
Leak of work
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVDecember 16, 2017
Not a very good work environment, management was horrible.
Pay was not good, it was $9.00 a hour, pay every two weeks and I never brought home more than $120. They had workers on the floor, but still made cashiers fold, and stock clothing.
Cons
Pay, hours
Cashier/Return Department (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXDecember 15, 2017
Management is very professional and staff friendly when training, full of patience and works with new employees. Easy to pick up cashier and training.
Pros
Friendly management
Cons
Not enough pay
fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 15, 2017
Overall working for Kohl's was a good experience, employees had fun working together. The new store manager was not so friendly. I learned alot about retail.
Pros
fun working enviroment
Cons
N/a
Good temporary job for the holidays .
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXDecember 15, 2017
Wont get alot days if u dont work right . but overall like i said its a good place to work temporary for the holidays when u need a good check with enough hours but ALWAYS CHECK YOUR HOURS They try to take people money .
management/policy recomendations
SALES / CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 15, 2017
Mostly I leaned things on my own; sometimes not at a convenient time, but others helped me when I got stuck.
Management needs to set up some kind of training system, especially for new hires, before sending them onto the floor or registers and then expect seasoned employees to train them and still get their own jobs done, and helping customers too.
Also if an associate is assigned replenishment, or some other task, and a customer asks for help; they can stop what they are doing and help that customer even if there is an associate assigned to that department without manager telling them they should call that associate.
I have heard management say that the customer comes FIRST!
So if a customer asks for help; I will help them as best as I can before calling someone else.
I do not appreciate being talked to about taking time out to help customers and thus extending job assigned.
Pros
notification of events, employee extra discounts
Cons
management not on same page regarding policies
good starter job
Overnight Associate (Current Employee) –  Batavia, ILDecember 15, 2017
its a nice company to work for cause they are very good at giving time off and working around your schedule. i work 2 jobs and they are very good about what days i can come work for kohls but the pay is not very good at all
Simple, Fun
Kohl's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARDecember 15, 2017
Working at Kohl's was a pretty fun place to work. It was simple to learn the system and the Point Of Sale system. Management is very upbeat and fun to work with.Po
Cons
Short Breaks, Low Hours

Want to know more about Kohl's Corporation?

Ask a question
Kohls
Cashier/Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXDecember 15, 2017
I prefer not working for Kohl's anymore in a certain location simply because they are completely unorganized and they weren't flexible with my times, I let them know ahead of time, that I have to take care of my mother and they were just not receptive to the duties that I have at home.
Worked in shoes
Cashier and Show Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYDecember 15, 2017
Customers are terrible and stuck up, everyone who shops at Kohls are either snobs who think theyre at Lorde and Taylor, or think 25K is a lot. Management is understanding, and work is relaxed, but you WILL be cleaning up after customers 24/7
work experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKDecember 15, 2017
I believe that Kohl's is a very good work environment for college and high school that are looking to make extra money.it has really good discounts if you have a Kohl's card
Pros
discount
Cons
you have to sell credit
Productive workplace. Low pay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 15, 2017
Over all, Everything was great. I made new friends, developed new skills, and I also made new bonds there. The pay wasn't really that good. We got paid 9.00/hr.
Great company
FREIGHT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALDecember 14, 2017
Great job understanding was great. But position was only seasonal. Store manager was hands on more than the supervisor over the department. Overall, great people organized and professional.
Very Productive and fun
Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXDecember 14, 2017
Kohls is a great place to work, More like a family. A great way to meet new people and customers daily. Awesome benefits for the employees. Great management team to work with. They are willing to teach and promote within the store.
Pros
Great benefits, good co-workers
Cons
lunch breaks are too short.
Kohls
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 14, 2017
This is a good job for people looking to gain experience in retail. It is fast pace, hard-working, and competitive company. This job will help you become more sociable with costumes as well.
A wonderful place to build experience and confidence
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 14, 2017
Every day I came in, I would straighten the product while picking up trash. Also I would restock what product was low on. Some days could be slow while other days would be packed with constant customers who needed assistance. The other coworkers were great to get along with and would make a long slow day go by quick with laughter. Nothing could beat helping a customer with what they need while making a connection with them.
Pros
Great discounts and reasonable breaks
Cons
Slow days
Productive and fun workplace
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 14, 2017
a typical day at work, learned to use different functions on an RF gun to count inventory, great management, friendly workplace. Hardest part of the job is finding some of the locations in the warehouse
Pros
free coffee and hot chocolate
Cons
croweded breakroom
Excellent work
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHDecember 14, 2017
I enjoyed this job immensely. The co-workers were great, the hours good and the pay very reasonable. I didn't like working weekends because it wasn't as busy on Saturdays and Sundays but I loved the various job tasks I was assigned to do. I especially enjoyed working with Microsoft Excel.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Temporary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.