KERRY Employee Reviews

Poor management
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 1, 2018
I was not trained properly and when I ask am I doing right or advancing in my position I get blown off, I came in as a temp and got hired on permanent. I trained myself although Co workers got paid to train me which never happened, very low pay for the work that I’m doing, no supervisor work, I’m in dying need of a better job cause I’m rarely working more than 20-30 hours weekly due to machine failures and lack of training
Pros
Friendly Co workers
Cons
Lots of people you work with doesn’t even know much English
It's a check
Operator (Former Employee) –  Clark, NJAugust 16, 2018
There is no form of formal training to begin with. After talking to some of the permanent employees there are no promotions and raises where a minimum at best. Some people made more starting out as a temp than some of the permanent employees! There are days were you're told you have to stay late with no prior notice and the schedule changed at the drop off a dime. So if you start at 9 tomorrow it might be 8!
Pros
Free coffee and water
Cons
Training, advancement, work load
It's a okay place to work if you don't have a life outside of the job
Aseptic blender (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GASeptember 26, 2018
I mean it's a good place to work but the hours an things they give an take out there makes you want to leave the workplace itself I mean you have your good an your bad I just learned to keep everything work related
Pros
Making you use your vacation time
Cons
Health insurance is a plus about Kerry really help me out
Overall im very pleased as an employee of Kerry!!
Utility Operator (Current Employee) –  Gridley, ILOctober 15, 2018
I've learned a ton here at Kerry. Definitely gave me a chance to enhance my overall skill set. I also met some really good people while being employed at Kerry.
Pros
Employee luncheons, free t-shirts, attendance incentives
Cons
Long 12 hr days, also schedules change too often with no say from us, the people!!
Don’t work here !
Packer (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GADecember 7, 2018
This place is a sweat shop. They work you 12 hours a day for 13 days straight & keep you there when there’s no work just because they can ! Management is incompetent & they’ll try to intimidate you & threaten your job security for fun. Stop promoting idiots who know nothing about the role they’re filling.
Good company, poor management
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIJuly 10, 2018
This company offers great benefits, however the culture at the location is toxic. Employees are forced to work 6 days a week and then mocked for production dips due to long hours or desire to spend time with their family. Employees are also given unrealistic goals and then punished for failing to meet those goals. Also, few opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Good benefits and vacation time
Cons
Poor work culture, little accountability for bad decisions
Old School vs New School
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAJuly 17, 2018
Kerry as an organization has great elements to stick by it. But they have old school that instead of looking for the wellbeing of the organization chose to be clicky becoming detrimental to the candy maker. In general, there are good people but they are quiet and doing their work in hope that good things still come.
Pros
Great organization concepts
Cons
old school mentality
Horrible Company Horrible People
Machine Operator I (Former Employee) –  Kentwood,MichiganNovember 15, 2018
Horrible job ,Horrible People They Are Out Of Touch With Reality
They Do not Realize Their Are Better Jobs, Poor And Ineffective Management,Mean And Rude Employees I Think I Worked With Stepping Fetchin,
Pros
Find Another Job
Cons
Working At Kerry
Excellent place to work.
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIJune 23, 2018
If you want to work and learn, this is the place to be. Unlimited opportunities. The pay, for this area, is quite well. Generous time off package, as well as other incentives. Excellent facility accommodations. Offers a very diverse workforce. The company expects a lot, but they also give a lot
Pros
Premium pay, flexible scheduling, on site cafeteria, generous benefits
Cons
Long hours, lack of recognition
Good company to work for
Health, Safety, & Environmental Manager (Former Employee) –  Blue Earth, MNAugust 24, 2018
Sometimes all the initiatives got overwhelming, however, this was a very good company to work for. I enjoyed working with the leadership and management teams, learned a lot, was trained well, and recommend them as an employer.
I worked at Kerry
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Turtle Lake, WIOctober 22, 2018
I worked in Turtle Lake Wisconsin and lived in Thompson Iowa. I stayed in Turtle Lake all week and came home on weekends. The job was fast paced and kept you hooping. It was OK.
Pros
Stayed in Turtle Lake
Cons
Lived in Thompson
When working at Kerry keep your mouth shut ears open
Operator (Current Employee) –  Clark NjAugust 16, 2018
Very cut throat place, mostly everyone seems to I tell on each to get points no team work. Management doesn't care very rude and uncaring, place is a revolving door. Even for management.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Rude cut throat type of place
Filthy pig pen
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 30, 2018
Management could less care about the employees but they talk a good line. Kerry isn't much different than any other big business, Money is their only real goal, not people. Always a carrot on a stick
Pros
Good question
Cons
Better question
Very strict and old fashioned way of thinking
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIAugust 3, 2018
Management is not very developed in leadership skills. They are currently going through culture improvement such as work/life balance amongst other things. Have a long way to go.
Pros
Nice cafeteria
Cons
No work/life balance
Great work environment - Not so great management
N/A (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIAugust 24, 2018
Kerry has so many perks. The only downfall is the management. There needs to be more training for the managers and a review on their performance. I'd suggest a 360 review.
Pros
Work environment; benefits
Cons
Mid-level management
productive and fun place to work
QC Senior Analyst - Chemist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 26, 2018
There were many opportunities to for job advancement, career changes and training to increase your experience. This in turn made you a more valuable employee to the company and its bottom line.
t
International food ingredients company takes care of its people
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 1, 2018
Kerry gives its employees opportunities to learn an grow within the company. They embody the SQF mindset to "say what you do and do what you say." It's not encouraged to cut corners. Employees are rewarded for doing the right thing, profits don't come before safety. Sometimes long hours are required to finish the schedule, but management is respectful of allowing employees to take vacations and holidays.
Work hard, play hard, few added extras
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  IrelandNovember 12, 2018
Great company for food scientists. Those on the buisness side will suffer from out dated ways of working, an unwillingness to change, and a lack of investment in people
Account Director (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIAugust 22, 2018
Loved the company. Great people, great compensation and collaborative work. Well established company, great reputation. Global environment and challenging opportunities with resources to grow and succeed
good
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 1, 2018
Underpinned by our understanding of the science and regulation of clean label ingredients, Kerry helps customers replace ingredients with clean label alternatives, reduce or remove specific ingredients, reposition products in the marketplace and re-invent business identities with sustainable practices.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KERRY. Our community is ready to answer.