Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews for Volunteer

A good place to learn
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2018
Being a volunteer at Kaiser Permanente gives the person a good inside of what is like to work in such environment. The staff is really friendly and helpful. There are many departments in which a person can volunteer to help and learn a little from it.
Pros
Meal Card
Volunteering here was the best
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 13, 2018
Volunteering at Kaiser was wonderful. I learned a lot and I was able to interact with the patients. It is fast pace but it was not to stressful. Three of my other friends also volunteered here.
Volunteered
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Harbor City, CAJanuary 7, 2018
My first volunteering experience was fun. I volunteered in the NICU and Pediatrics department. The RNs i worked with were hilarious but always kept the work environment professional. It was rarely a dull moment.
great
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Harbor City, CADecember 28, 2017
very good, nice place to work. great environment.
learned a lot of communication skills with patients.
the workplace culture is great.
most enjoyable part is giving ease to patients who are going through a lot. Since no one visits the hospital when nothing is wrong.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
impatience
Organized
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CADecember 14, 2017
Comfortable pace to work. I learned to be focused and professional. The management is supportive, and the culture of mutual support. The hardest part of the job for me is the large size of the organization, and the most enjoyable is the job security.
Pros
job security
Cons
big company
Awesome place to volunteer!
Service Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 12, 2017
The Volunteer Services staff were very accommodating of my schedule. All KP employees were friendly and helpful. I would definitely volunteer there again.
Hard to get hired
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 5, 2017
Volunteered only, never was successfully hired. I continually appplied for jobs but was not successful in getting a response. It was difficult to acquire HR's attention.
Pros
Discount Lunches
Cons
Beautiful Environment
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 1, 2017
Volunteering was fun. All the staff was very nice to me. I only volunteered every Monday for 4 hours. I quit because I started to need more time to focus on my schooling.
Cleaned beds and made sure patients were satisfied
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CANovember 28, 2017
I was only a volunteer at this Urgent Care. I volunteered here for about a year before I started working at 85 Bakery Cafe. I learned a lot from the medical assistants, LVNs, and RNs that worked there. I also learned about becoming a physician assistant from one of the excellent physician assistants that worked there.
Pros
I met a lot of fun people that helped me plan my future.
Cons
Was not able to do a lot since I was only a volunteer
kaiser Permanente-Project Search
Volunteer Services (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95825November 8, 2017
This was an internship, where I learned job skills through the Project Search program. It was a fun experience for me throughout the year. Everyone participated in my training.
Pros
I was able to train in different departments
Cons
It was a short term program
Fun productuve work place with great with quality medical equiptment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 1, 2017
A typical day at work involved opening information desk and maintain cleaning responsibility's. Treating each member and staff workers with positive, respectful, and helpful manner. Ending shift by organizing and updating current information.

I learned the out line of hospital and codes of departments. In addition services for loved ones leaving the hospital. I became more educated on how to help patients.

Management was helpful and kind. They updated me on my computer skills within company. I kept honest relationship with bosses.

The workplace culture was ethnically dynamic. There was an diverse group of co-workers and members. In addition, an artistic culture of Holidays.

The hardest part of the job was finding hospital rooms in beginning. Moreover, Learning new codes. Learning the protocol of patient member-services was challenging too.

The most rewarding part of the job are, the people I worked with. I made good friends and met inspirational patients. I got to be apart of a helpful team of fun coworkers.
Pros
discounts
Cons
big hospital
An active place to grow.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CASeptember 20, 2017
The days can either be really active and jarring with so much to do or doing the regular tasks you are given on a daily basis.

I learned various things like customer service to my coworkers, working as a team, perseverance and pushing myself on all I need to do.
Volunteer in Clinic (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CASeptember 14, 2017
Kaiser is a amazing company very organized and helpful. it was a pleasure volunteering with them. I had the opportunity to help patients with locating the different department they needed to go to.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Great Hospital!
ER Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CASeptember 10, 2017
Friendly staff in a well laid out hospital. Efficient, clean and a pleasure to work at. ER department is a very fast paced, but organized environment that carries out great patient care.
fun and fast love learning through here a lot
Paid/volunteer work (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 29, 2017
although i was only here as a volunteer but also paid job i did enjoy every second of it learning the responsibilities of my role there and of what i wanted to go in... i didn't get to be able to do much since i was just there to mainly volunteer through my high school as an internship but i did get to see how the life of a hospital works. it was a fun enjoyable and learning experience for me during my summer vacation.
Pros
an amazing learning experience
Cons
i would've loved to stay working there
Fun enviorment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CA 91367August 17, 2017
I got to learn a lot at Kaiser like how to be patient with patients. I volunteered at same day surgery and learned how to care for patients that were going into surgery and for patients that came out of surgery.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
not enough volunteeres
Volunteered
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 9, 2017
I only volunteered here for a year or so, but I do plan on working here as a phlebotomist. Volunteering here gave me the opportunity to interact with a variety of people of all ages . Fun place to be.
view on job
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAAugust 7, 2017
I volunteer here. I loved working the clinic. I learned a lot about what it took to do a days work in a hospital. Prepping rooms for patients to helping file personal documents.
internship
Volunteer Work - shift leader (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CAJuly 27, 2017
worked on the administrative side, with managers and registration clerks. Mostly did paper work via computer. Observed the clerks and helped in their evaluations as well.
Pros
close to home, great experience
Great intro to Human Services in the Mental Health Department
Admission Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJuly 14, 2017
When it comes to helping people not just patients but their families, it is very rewarding. As a volunteer, I was exposed to a number of situation were I was able to help and give some comfort to others. The staff here are also great, they make you feel as part of the team. This place became my home away from home. I will always be grateful to this site. When, I am ready to volunteer again this will be the first place I will apply.
Pros
This is a very family oriented environment
Cons
Jobs are limited for volunteers. If a job description is one that pays, a volunteer can not be part of this job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2