Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews for Volunteer

Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJune 7, 2018
I volunteered there. It was a great opportunity to learn the healthcare field. They weren’t too attentive of the volunteers and would not help you get a job there.
Amazing company to work for
Medical Offices Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 1, 2018
Organization takes care of their employees, offer benefits and tuition reimbursement if looking to further career in medical field. Cares about clients as well as staff
Very slow paced job but great experience
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 31, 2018
Volunteering at Kaiser was a very interesting experience. All of the people there were fairly nice, though there was some friction between the nurses and the doctors there, aside from that a great place to volunteer if you need the hours.
Productive and great experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAMay 19, 2018
Great place to volunteer and gain experience for any field you researching about. The staff is very nice and welcoming. I learned a lot during my time and there would love to work there soon.
Slow-paced, but fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAMay 16, 2018
I usually did volunteer work at the Neonatal department and it was very calm and relaxing. The workers there were very nice, and didn't expect you to do much other than create pamphlets.
great place to work or volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 4, 2018
volunteered for kaiser i loved working with others there and helping those in need friendly workplace environment and also can be very intense when it comes to an hospital environment.
Pros
warm inviting workplace
Cons
seeing people in pain or in urgent need due to medical needs
great volunteering
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 1, 2018
I volunteered for one year and enjoyed it. Nice people. It was at no pay but well worth the experience. It was a busy place and fun. I helped patients find their correct destinations.
Learning environment
Kaiser Permanente Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 30, 2018
I volunteered at Kaiser on the labor and delivery floor as well as postpartum. I did paper work, helped with transferring patients in and out, and helped with discharging patients.
Good Volunteer Experience
Summer Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAApril 26, 2018
Simple jobs such as assisting patients with kiosks and finding rooms/bathrooms for volunteers. Doctors and nurses are easy to work with and will give simple jobs when you have down time.
Working at Kaiser was so much fun!
Volunteer at Oncology Department (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 23, 2018
I enjoyed helping other people in need of a companion. The workers at the Infusion Center were amazing such as the Register Nurses. They were helpful and very corapative and always worked as a team.
It was only volunteer job. Fun and very nice people
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 9, 2018
Fun and very nice people to work with. I always enjoyed volunteering in the lab. It was a rewarding place to be and fun. Patients were nice too as I directed them in the hospital.
kaiser
Hospital Volunteer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 6, 2018
i loved having the chance to volunteer at kaiser and help out others in need. i had a really great experience here and would tell friends to volunteer here also.
Pros
volunteering
Cons
not paid
An amazing healthcare network, people partnering for a higher purpose.
Hospice Office Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAMarch 29, 2018
As a volunteer, I saw a lot. Kaiser has both union and non-union employment. We all work as a team and in the Hospice office as well as in the Home Health facilities, we celebrate life and celebrate the achievements of one another.

I was truly lucky to have been placed inside such a fine organization when completing my volunteer work for school. I was to do it only three months but did it for 14 months longer than required and all without credit.

If you are fortunate enough to get in, you are going to be so grateful. They are a healthcare trendsetter too.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  RiversideMarch 11, 2018
I would help the nurses with the patients, make beds get water for them, read them news papers, water there flowers, organize and file things for the nurses and doctors, answer phones, refill patients prescriptions, guide patients that come in, in the right direction to their doctors appointment or to visit a family member or loved one
Pros
discounts, letter of recommendations
Cons
unpaid because its a volunteer position
Relaxed
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 11, 2018
Collaborative and relaxed, really good people to work around, learned a lot as a first experience, would recommend to a friend or colleague or anyone.
Volunteering services
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CAMarch 7, 2018
The volunteer program is extremely helpful and will give you the chance to get connected with people on the field and can get tips on how to pursue a career in medicine.
Pros
Free lunch, connect to people
Cons
No benefits
Friendly staff
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 6, 2018
I was volunteering at Kaiser to get more experience on Medical Assistance. My position at Kaiser was to help Front Desk guide patients to their appointments and also check patient's in.
Pros
A place to grow
Cons
N/a
it was a very fun and focused workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 1, 2018
A typical day a work would be filing paperwork, updated files, making sure everything is going in order. It was fun being introduced into new things once i was competed with learning tasks.
Pros
as volunteer which is a different department was being able to have free lunches
Cons
about half an hour to an hour break.
volunteer
Walnut Creek- Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 21, 2018
Student volunteer at KP , volunteer at kaiser as a student worker .
Helping and assisting with patient wheel chairs , and running items to lab , pharmacy .
A good place to learn
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2018
Being a volunteer at Kaiser Permanente gives the person a good inside of what is like to work in such environment. The staff is really friendly and helpful. There are many departments in which a person can volunteer to help and learn a little from it.
Pros
Meal Card

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2