Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Great benefits
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Great salary and benefits, strong union environment. Ability to transfer to other departments. Free shuttle to and from BART. Parking is 18 dollars per day!
Lovely unit to work on
Staff Nurse, Birth Center (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORFebruary 18, 2018
Unit is a fast paced environment like most L&D units. Co Workers are great to work with and very supportive of each other in times of need. Overall a great place to work
I am a retiree from Kaiser and would like very much to go back as per diem
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  San Rafael kaiserFebruary 18, 2018
Absolutely the best place I’ve worked. The atmosphere; my peers; team work. We all worked together. I worked at Kaiser for over 10 years and loved it. They are very competent; treat their employees excellent. Pay scale is awesome. Education; they keep us up to date on changes that occur in the health field! I services on how to treat our patients with care, respect and treat each patient as an individual and not a diagnosis.
Benefits
stressful place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 18, 2018
stressful, and lack of loyalty from management to staff. worked 9 hour shifts in clinic, nice to have parity, same pay as hospital, and great benefits, but hard to keep up with changes in management style, goals, etc.
Er
RN Preceptorship (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 17, 2018
This was just a co-op for nursing school. Friendly staff, big unit. Able to experience a variety of medical problems. Newer resources. Some unfriendly staff (as is anywhere).
The clinic I worked at has a very friendly atmosphere and we all worked together as a team
LVN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAFebruary 17, 2018
Provider sees pt every 15 minutes so you have to be onto of things and know how to multi task. management is very good and gets a long well with the staff. We work as a team, hardest part is dealing with angry parents. Having the sick kids looking and feeling better even after they get thier shots.
great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 14, 2018
still working here reason to leave would be to earn the current retirement at the current sonority with present union. If I was to transfer and sign up with a different union I wold lose all sonority accrued with CNA.
very condusive
Registered Nurse (travel nurse) (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAFebruary 12, 2018
I work as a travel nurse in postpartum unit. it is a very fast pace unit. I do enjoy my work , and wished I could get a full time/per diem day shift permanent position with them but there isn't openning at this time. they provides a very conducive safe working environment.
Pros
pay
Cons
very busy
Excellent working environment
Urgent Care/ Emergency Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDFebruary 9, 2018
Excellent working environment. Culturally friendly and collaborative working environment. Professional and good communication between staff and patients.
Learning environment
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 9, 2018
12 hour night shift on a stroke until with multiple admission. Staff very helpful. Vocera not easy to use if no prior history with ethnic names. Staff scheduling could be improved.
Opinion
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Delivers direct and indirect nursing care to patients under the direct supervision of Nurse Practitioner and MD@ the urgent care unit. Facilitate, integrate, and collaboratively lead with the medical issues and utilization management, efficiency and operational demands of patient care. Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results.
benefits
Cons
management
Excellent company to work for!
Registered Nurse, Float Pool (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 24, 2018
I loved working for Kaiser and was sad when our family had to relocate. Kaiser invests in their RN's. They offer competitive pay and great training. I would love to work for them again.
Stressful
RN Advice Nurse (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Kaiser at one time was a great place to work. But the politic associated with Kaiser has caused a great decline in work ethics. The nurses are overworked. Doctors and nurses are not allowed to be exactly that, "Doctors" and "Nurses". Work is dictated how administration want it to be done. Unfortunately, the outcome is not beneficial for the members.
It is a nice place to work. Great benefits too
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 16, 2018
Great place to work. love coworkers there, high employee retainment. great place grow with good benefits. Kaiser is top heavy and sometimes hard to reach management
Pros
great benefit and nice work environment
Cons
Top heavy.
Overall Kaiser is great.....
Staff Nurse- Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2018
Overall Kaiser is a great organization. They have EXCELLENT pay and benefits. HOWEVER, certain managers have killed morale and created horrible work environments. Some departments remain amazing and some are unbearable. Transferring within Kaiser is the way to go. Even start per diem and then apply for a permanent spot. UNAC union has the back of their nurses.
Pros
Union, great pay, incredible benefits, staffing ratios
Cons
Some managers can NOT manage
Working at Kaiser
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 4, 2018
Working at Kaiser Permanente has been a great experience. When I first applied at Kaiser I really had no idea what king of place it was. Is a great place to work, not perfect but no place is. They offer great benefits and I've been fortunate to have good co-workers and a very good manager. The only comment I have is that it is not easy to transition from one career to another, I went to school for informatics with the hope that I could transfer to an IT job. I enjoy technology and as a nurse have quite and extensive experience that could be an asset in the informatics field.
Emergency RN (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 3, 2018
work as part of a team with physicians, other nurses and healthcare professionals to provide care, monitor health conditions, plan long-term care needs, administer medicine, use medical equipment, perform minor medical operations, and advise patients and their families on illness, care and continued care after a hospital stay
challenging ,educational workplace
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CADecember 31, 2017
Always encountered challenging situations from encouraging problem solving,prioritizing for optimum pt care and productivity.Left at end of day tired but emotionally rewarded .Love helping people and their families over rough spots.keep my skills honed to be the best nurse for the job.
Pros
holiday celebrations, individual recognition
Cons
not enough paid time off.
You work hard for your money
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 22, 2017
You have to work a lot of overtime to get your work done and it was expected. Besides working extra it was a great place overall to work the pay and time off was excellent along with the benefits,
Pros
Great pay
Cons
worked a lot of OT
productive and competitive place to work
Registered Nurse Traveler DOU (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CA 91402December 20, 2017
A typical day was working with competitive co workers. I have learned to work with diversity of cultures. The management was okay. The hardest part of my job working with competitive co workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2