Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

opportunities to learn
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 19, 2018
A learned a lot about time management, the culture takes some getting used to but it is a wonderful place to work. Management is very approachable and listens to any concerns.
good to place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJune 18, 2018
I love to work at Kaiser Permanente, I would like to work there as a traveling nurse, Hopefully someday I can be a regular staff RN. They are very friendly to the travelers.
High paying but inconsiderate health system
Traveling RN (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 15, 2018
As a traveler at Kaiser their services are lacking. They do not treat travelers well. The past is great but not worth dealing with the horrible scheduling, floating constantly and lack of considerate management.
Decent company
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sunnyside, ORJune 6, 2018
I was a traveler at their Sunny side Oregon location. Seems like a good company to work for. Fantastic benefits. Management in ED was very approachable and easy to talk to. Good teamwork and I really got along with my coworkers. Hope I can work there again in the future.
Productive and fun work space
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 4, 2018
Good team to work with and a good hard working boss. I like the benefits and pay. Good working hours. People are helping each other and trying to be better.
Excellent benefits and team building.
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 4, 2018
Excellent health benefits including optical and discounts on over the counter medications. Great management. Team building events that are fun and productive.
A nice place to work
United States Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 31, 2018
Kaiser Permanente is the better place to work. People and workers are friendly, and ready to work with other people. Kaiser Permanente is a family friendly hospital and it is a multicultural environment.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
short staff
Great benefits
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CAMay 29, 2018
Great workplace environment with friendly coworkers. Good benefits such as paid maternity leave, and insurance for immediate family. Clean workspace and up-to-date equipment.
No answer
RN 3 (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAMay 23, 2018
Job security is good due to the strength of the union but too many employees take advantage and stop working after 90 days. Benefits are great and retirement is top notch
Pros
Pay
manager ICU
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAMay 21, 2018
Learning opportunity based on seniority for education advancement, not equally offered. Job not security, manager does not encourage for higher education and learning.
Working in an organized environment with professional management
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMay 19, 2018
A typical day was meeting for report and carrying out duties of assignments. Also worked in a specialty outpatient clinic. In addition I worked as a hospital liaison nurse and traveled between facilities to assess possibilities for transfer to GHC or referrals to specialists.
Pros
Utilizing my skill and nursing experience, fast paced environment
Cons
Staying organized and priotizing when very busy
Hospice RN Per Diem
RN per Diem (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 19, 2018
They are looking for someone who basically can do admissions super quick and has no learning curve. The amount of charting in the computer is horrible.
Encourage furthering education
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 10, 2018
Management is supportive of furthering education, and provide education reimbursement. Employees are acknowledged and celebrated for accomplishment achieved for either personal or business related milestones and achievements.
RN (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 6, 2018
Supportive management, collaborative staff, great patient care. Values positive patient outcomes and staff satisfaction. Great team work. Reasonable schedules.
Wonderful place to work
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORMay 6, 2018
I started at Kaiser following my graduation from nursing school. The only reason I left Kaiser was I decided to take early retirement. It was a great palce to work with some of the top benefits in the Portland metro area.
Pros
Many
Great organization, weird practices
Emergency staff RN services (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAMay 3, 2018
ER has very limited board certified Emergency Physicians. Need a referral for anything and everything. AMAZING preventative medicine program, however it is always a good idea to get a second opinion or demand a referral from a specialist. Some of the family med physicians think they can handle things that are way out of their realm.
Pros
Pay, benefits, master scheduling
Cons
physicians are partners and can force bad practices
Staff Nurse
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 28, 2018
I am GI nurse. I perform video capsule procedure. I create disk space and transferred video to external drive. I do post op call for high risk procedures. I create logs and keep tracks of MD procedures for quality purposes.
Travel RN
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 20, 2018
This was a travel assignment so health benefits came from the agency, there is no paid time off, etc. The floor I worked on was opened temporarily for flu season which made it very unorganized and chaotic at times, spent much of my time looking for medicines, most all of staff were travelers which I thought would be great but most of them lacked team work which was quite surprising to me. This overflow floor has now closed and now I float to other floors. Most of the floors have been helpful, they are very busy but that's ok.
I really liked inpatient nursing at westside
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 16, 2018
Left inpatient nursing for a m-f 9-5 job.... I thought that is what i wanted but it wasn't, now I know. working as a med/surg bedside nurse at westside was sometimes hectic but overall very fair assignments, great team, and supportive helpful environment
Pros
great pay & cheap benefits
Cons
manager at clinic I transferred to drove me to quit
productive and good working conditions
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 5, 2018
Typical work day is very busy
Learned a lot of critical patient care
Management is fair and good
friendly and supportive workplace
Team work is the enjoyable part of the job
Pros
team work and learning from each other
Cons
sometimes too busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2