Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Good Company and great teamwork
RN Staff (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 4, 2017
I love my job. I work well with others, we have a great teamwork. Our charge nurses are very helpful with anything. We usually start our shift with a huddle regarding our patients, what to expect in the unit basically an update of what going on, what's new with the company. Sometime some recognition of an employee/s. Something manager share letter from patient. Next, we get out bedside report regarding our patient. I can honestly say all nurses work very hard and we are good on follow up with our patients needs and communicating with doctors. Managers have an open doors policy. I usually work full time Per Diem, they are very flexible when it comes to my work schedule as long as I fulfill my commitment. I work at night but usually pick up more hours during the day or different floor and sometimes different location.
Pros
I get recognitions on job well done
Cons
Skeleton schedule I don't really like but its workable
Pay is not worth the frustration
RN (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CANovember 29, 2017
Kaiser is too big with too few quality managers to be efficient. There are too many levels of management to get any changes made in the interest of patient care in a timely manner.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not efficient with too many levels of management
good place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  West LA, CANovember 27, 2017
Kaiser is a good place to work, the pay and benefits are among the highest. There is always good team work and break relief is mostly available. There is adequate problem resolution.
Pros
good pay and work environment
Cons
na
Great salary - Corporation work atmosphere
Advice RN (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 25, 2017
Great union, very bad management and labor relationship currently. Great place to build senority and pay. Very little actual interaction with any decisions made or policies.
Give it time.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bellflower, CANovember 21, 2017
I have worked at Kaiser since 2008 and the experience has been mixed. Overall the facility and the Core values are great but the staff tend to be less than friendly and supportive to new nurses. The management team is aware and try to help but it's up to the Charge nurses to make sure you do not fail. Although I still have my challenges with some of the staff I have found it to be one of my best experiences both professional and personally.
Pros
Great opportunity to learn and keep your skills sharp. Great benefits
Cons
Staff full of mean girls
Kaiser should ne Medical's Hospital
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Bellflower, CANovember 20, 2017
THey treat employees and patients like s$%6! Management does not care. Employees are canaving its a very hostile enviroment. There is favortism, nepostism, and a certain group of group of culture has all their family members and friends working there becuase of this, Managers favor their own type of cultural employees
Pros
large organization
learning environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CANovember 4, 2017
Fast paced job and ample learning opportunities to advance career and learn. The job entails different aspects of nursing. We deal with different patients each day.
Pros
always learning
Cons
gets stressful
Decent place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 2, 2017
I don't recall much since it's been awhile since I've worked there. I learned a lot and liked many aspects. I wasn't a fan of having to be in a union as a nurse because it tied my hands in many ways.
The company as a whole
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Signal Hill, CANovember 2, 2017
good long term company but it can be very political. This company is very black and white. Sometimes the company is not as loyal to you as you are to them.
Pros
Great benefits and good pay
Cons
Physician driven
Good work balance
Registered Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 2, 2017
Nice place to work for a clinic setting and opportunity for growth and learning due to the multiple departments available there. Management is also balanced.
There needs to be changes at the top
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 1, 2017
Brutal VP that keeps getting promoted. Her terrible demeanor permeates the whole organization, especially the ER, where they cannot hang onto a manager or director to save their lives.
about work
RN/BSN (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAOctober 27, 2017
Best place to work, helpful staff, great manager. available supplies and staff to take care of patients. great organization to work with, excellent patient care.
RN (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 26, 2017
I hated to leave kaiser. Best place I have ever worked. Management and upper management work hard to provide a great health care system great pay, great facility sad to leave
Great pay and benefits
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, OROctober 22, 2017
Great benefits and pay. Will pay for education advancement but really need to advocate for advancement. Able to get involved in unit based team meeting to make work environment better/given input.
Pros
pay
Cons
short staffing/travelers
Productive Care giving
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Harbor City, CAOctober 18, 2017
Wonderful company to grow as a professional
Close nit multilevel of staff work together for the benefit of a fast pace out patient clinic. Providing service.
great place to work
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 16, 2017
Everyone loved working there.Management made sure customer satisfaction was 100%. The set up made providing patient care more streamlined. I really enjoyed the music that played overhead when it was time to turn the patients.
great company to work for.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 8, 2017
kaiser is great in paying their employees. management changes constantly. it has pros and cons . need more continuing education and an excellent critical care educator. need more bonuses.
Pros
free lunches at times
Cons
trying to get rid off our benifits
Technologically advanced and pristine healthcare setting but not well managed
RN (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 6, 2017
One of the most technologically advanced hospitals I have seen/worked at. Aesthetic to the eye but there are major flaws as in poor management and all temp staff so it is a very disorganized institution.
Excellent
CAPD Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAOctober 3, 2017
Kaiser Permanente supports their employee in education, they offer a good benefits and a well balance work environment. iIwill recommend Kaiser Permanente to my family and friends.
Excellent company
Supplemental Staff Float Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2017
Best job experience I've ever had. I learned so much from the supervisor. My co-workers were helpful, informative. Not sure I will ever find a place like it in the world. I've had a couple jobs since then and I have not "landed one yet."
Pros
Great all around
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2