Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews for Pharmacy Technician

Productive and fun work place
Pharmacy tech assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 19, 2018
Kaiser has been a very fun and educational experience for me and my family, i was able to come into a situation with little to no knowledge about my position and I’ve been able to achieve more than what i assumed was possible.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Members are priority
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  O‘ahu, HIJune 15, 2018
Good place to work at. Kaiser always prioritizes members so excellent customer service is expected from employees. Salary is above average. My supervisors are very competent.
Outpatient Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMay 15, 2018
Kaiser is a great place to work. They offer great benefits and life-balance flexibility. There is plenty of room to grow with this company, if moving up in your career is what you desire.
Pros
pay, benefits
Sterile work environment.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAApril 29, 2018
Expectations were unreasonable. Management used and abused anyone who was smart, energetic and willing to work hard.Those that were unmotivated were not expected to keep to the most basic of work standards. A typical day was running for 8 hours while your manager questioned every move you make. I enjoyed my customers and fellow coworkers very much.
Pros
Great benefits and wages
Cons
Company is in transition and things are crazy right now.
Great Benefits
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 25, 2018
This is definitely a place I would consider going back to finish off my retirement. Due to the fact they have a great benefit package, pension and 401k. Very quick pace work place, but the challenge was humbling everyday due to the praise that you get from your coworkers.
Kaiser Permanente is no longer in business
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 18, 2018
Non-applicable - they are no longer in business in NC.
They were an effective health care provider with specialists, family medicine, psych and others. Pharmacies were also included in their locations in Gastonia and Charlotte.
Fast pace frendly enviorment
Clerk Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 16, 2018
Clerk pharmacy, and cashier assisting patients with checking out their prescriptions drugs medications over the counter.
Establish and maintain patients profiles on their drug information, stock and take inventory of over the counter medications.
Pros
Great medical benefits
Cons
Distance to travel for work was out of my range with new born twins to continue working.
good place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Wailuku, HIApril 7, 2018
It's been a long time since I worked for Kaiser. I would like to work there again if I had the chance. The Kaiser system is a great health care system.
Great company to work for.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAApril 3, 2018
General clerical duties including cash register operation, cash handling, member eligibility verification, bookkeeping, filing and general supply maintenance. Under supervision of a Registered Pharmacist, performed technical duties including entering prescription and allergy data into the computer or typing prescription labels, retrieving medication from shelves, counting and packaging medication, labeling medication, retrieving refill request information from phone and automated systems. Assisted with inventory control, purchasing, pharmaceutical returns, return-to-stock, shelf cleanliness, product rotation and maintenance. Served members in a friendly, courteous and expedient manner which promoted member satisfaction and retention.
Worked in conjunction with medical records and nursing staff to collect and disseminate prescription related information (e.g. advice slips, refill requests). In conjunction with supervisor or under supervisor's direction, instructed new pharmacy personnel regarding department policies and procedures. Participated in patient education programs as appropriate.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Pharmacy Technicians not compensated fairly.
Productivity and pleasant
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAMarch 27, 2018
I am a retired employee since 1991, retired in 2017 with a great experience with the company, I worked well with many managers, Based on the time employed I grew and learned with great expectation in the medical field.
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
I dont have any
pharmacy
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 25, 2018
it's busy. they say one thing, but don't mean it. the best part of the job was mixing medications for the patients. the hardest part of the job was trying to figure out how to get enough done where you wouldn't be scolded for not finishing but you weren't given enough time to get everything done. sometimes you didn't even have coverage to be relieved for lunch.
Competitive Acute Pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMarch 17, 2018
Be ready for a busy day. Daily shifts are task specific. There are many different specialty positions. The amount of knowledge required to operate in this environment can be overwhelming. Staff at this level are professionals at the top of their game. The hardest part of the job is that nothing is easy. The best part of the job is the challenge.
Pros
Competitive salary, advancement opportunity, strong union.
Cons
Intense work environment.
Kaiser was my internship location for becoming a Pharmacy Tech.
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COMarch 3, 2018
This location provided a great place to learn about being a Pharmacy Technician. I learned about counting medications, and compounding suspensions. Additional skills I learned was how to communicate with doctors, superiors, peers and patients.
Pros
Great learning experience.
Cons
While I learned a lot I learned even more when I got a full time job.
Pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDMarch 1, 2018
A typical day in the pharmacy is a busy day from the start of my shift to the end of my shift. The managers are constantly micro managing the staff and moving staff all around the pharmacy. There's no hard part to this job you just have to have patient with the members when they come to the pharmacy especially when they have attitudes. The enjoyable part of my job is when you have members that are funny and have good conversations with when they come to your window.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Vacation denial (senior staff gets first)
great place to work in
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 23, 2018
overall the company has great working environment, they provide long lunch, and people are very helpful which helps to make work easy. they also offer overtime
Pros
long lunch break
Once was a loved career
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAFebruary 20, 2018
I use to like working for Kaiser Pharmacy in Olympia until management went under severe changes. Soon the clicks and drama became unbearable. The manager elected favorites, no one was aloud to speak to each other anymore. For no reason certain staff members appeared to be harassed by management. Some staff members could break the rules while others where punished if they did so. So disappointing to see a once happy work environment completely destroyed in less than a year.
Pros
health insurance/ dental and PTO accrual and pay rate top of the state
Cons
Clicks, drama, favoritism, bad leadership
Great company
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Douglas, GAFebruary 11, 2018
Working for this company has driven me more than any other job I may have it .There is much team work used amongst each other’s. And plenty of opportunities and support
Pros
Environment, great pay and benefits, company takes part in helping organizations
great work environment
Lead Inpatient Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 30, 2018
Kaiser has a family oriented environment. Lots to learn and fast paced. In Patient setting offers many job duties to learn. Advancement offered to technicians willing to move up in the company.
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
small lunch room for pharmacy
Fast paced fun pharmacy to work in
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Kailua, HIJanuary 27, 2018
Fast paced fun pharmacy to work in. Always helping and doing whatever needed to be done to get through the day. Great people to work with. Working in paradise was awesome. It was difficult to leave this job.
Pros
Cons
had to leave
decent
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAJanuary 18, 2018
A typical work day is very busy. The management is ok, could be better. The pharmacy union and the manager does not like to follow union rules. Good pay for the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2