Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 15, 2018
Call center based work, fast paced. You have to be a great listener, have fast typing skills, patience's, understanding and a fast learner. The calls are always back to back. Very busy, great benefits and discounts offered
Cons
Affordable healthcare, 401K matching program and paid holidays
What I learned
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MDOctober 12, 2018
It has a very intense training program and before you start picking up the calls you're already well equipped. I learned a lot about health care and solving member's issues. In addition I improved my typing and listening skills because I was documenting at the same time listening to the member.
Pros
The pay is awesome especially in the Maryland region.
Cons
I had a difficult time because of my accent and I was discriminated upon in many instances.
Well paid, fast paced environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 6, 2018
The expectations for excellent results were high but generally management provided adequate support.
Hardest part of the job was meeting enrollment deadlines set by State and Federal agencies.
Enjoyable part was recognition by management of my contribution to the organization.
working for Kaiser
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MDSeptember 14, 2018
as work from home agent it started off excellent as management change the moral has gone down hill. People are leaving the job more frequently and there a very few seasoned representatives left.The most enjoyable is working with my co workers as team to give advice and resolve issues quickly. The work from home program was great but i just felt like they always forgot about us and we really missed out on a lot of in office activities.
Pros
job has good beneftis
Cons
too much mirco managment for work from home program
Kaiser
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fair Oaks, VAAugust 30, 2018
Some Management was not fair. Very fast-paced. Bad communication with employees. Team orientated. Long Commute. Hands on training.Great Training place
It was decent
Customer Service Representative Intern (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 13, 2018
This job is great for people with thick skin due to members that get upset over their insurance plan or frustrated providers upset with the process of claims.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJuly 27, 2018
Answered in bound calls. Made outbound calls. Updated client information. Verified eligibility and coverage information. Answered insurance questions. Enrolled members into plans. Work environment was diverse and friendly
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
High school drama
Great Benefits but overloaded with work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJuly 16, 2018
I worked in Membership Services for 4 years and the work load increased tremendously which created such a high stress level for basically everyone who works there. I worked from home for 3 years which was also wonderful. The pay is great (starting $19 and ending pay was $25) for not having an education and the benefits are fabulous, which is what keeps most employees there for so long. Management is not as professional as it should be should be more knowledgable. As any call center, they absolutely micro-manage. Kaiser really does need to hire more employees to complete the workload because the expectation they have for their employees is impossible. Overall it is a decent job.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Work load/expectation is too much, high stress environment.
Unprofessional workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 15, 2018
Very unorganized and unprofessional, barely could depend on management, work environment was also very unprofessional. No job security at all, they fire people for random reasons, and they are very unorganized.
Cons
Unprofessional and unorganized.
Was a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 23, 2018
Managment was excellent and the training for the job was above expectation. the environment that was like family, and not just a job that you dreaded to come to each working day!
Cons
having to leave due to relocaction due to marriage!
Strict like your walking on egg shells
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAJune 20, 2018
Employees take advantage because they are frequently out. We need agents that are going to work because it helps or service levels.
I just don't understand how the same agents that are always out don't get in trouble,,,, Its all about favoritism and politics. When agents call out it impacts the agents that have perfect attendance.
Kaiser is pretty strict we only get 20 minutes in on written e full day to use the restroom, if we go over that we get up on corrective action.
When I became management I really liked it but it's challenging, there's literally changes everyday but I got use to it. The hardest part of being manager is when I had to write up on corrective action. The
most enjoyable part of all my years at Kaiser was helping patients with their needs its so rewarding, that's truly my passion is doing my job and going that extra mile to help a patient.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
favoritism and politics
No summary
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 18, 2018
No review.no review. You sign a confidentiality which means no review.its a good company to work for. Follow the rules like any job. Pays well great benefits.
Profeessional environment with good benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 13, 2018
A typical day at work consists of taking inbound calls. I learned the health insurance industry fro Kaiser from this job. The management is adequate and professional.This is a diverse workplace culture with good people to work with. The hardest part of the job is meeting daily stats as they are hard to meet. The most enjoyable part is working with kind professional colleagues.
Pros
Paid training, good compensation and bnefits
Cons
short lunches, constant monitoring of employees
Comfortable environment with good compensation and benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 13, 2018
A typical day consisted of taking incoming calls fro members. You are constant monitored throughout the day regarding call statistics and quality assurance.

It is a very large call center with well over a hundred other representatives. The hardest part of the job is meeting all of the required call statistics on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is the colleagues you have to work with.

It is a diverse workplace culture and offers a lot of benefits.
Pros
Paid training, good people to work with
Cons
short lunches, a lot of stress, undergong organizzation restructuring
Call center.
CUSTOMER SERVICE /APPOINTMENT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJune 9, 2018
Answer calls. Provide patients with appointments and medical advice. Worked in a call center. Trained and assisted with team menber development. High call volume.
Manager / Co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 5, 2018
I worked at a call center with over 800 managers, assistants and co-workers. They are all great. During peak time you could work up to 80 hrs a week (voluntary). If you had a bad call there was always someone to turn it around and then by the next call you have a smile on your face and in your voice,
Pros
Free medical
Decent Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 25, 2018
This isn't a bad place to work, there are some kinks that would need to be straightened out and the union makes it hard to do so through management. The benefits are excellent, but it's almost impossible to get anything changed because of the union.
Pros
Union, Pay, Benefits, Environment
Cons
Union, call center, strict schedule
Good Working Enviroment
Appointment & Messaging Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 22, 2018
Answering calls from people looking to schedule an appointment to see either their primary physician or with an available physician if primary isn't available within the person's schedule. Depending on the severity of the person's situation, said caller may need emergency care and transferred call if issue needed such care.

Learned how to determine if callers needed emergency care or if those callers were able to be scheduled as soon as possible with either their primary care or available physician.

Culture was good, no issues.

Hardest part is determining those emergency to non-emergency issues as what may be an emergency to the person calling in, may not be an emergency when going over that information with the caller.

Enjoyable part of job was helping those callers to get the help they need or speak to a medical representative who could provide the help the caller needed.
Pros
Relaxed dress code, proximity to places to eat for lunch
Cons
Distance to job, needing to take to train to work and home.
Grateful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fulton, MDMay 10, 2018
Unions
Pay and benefits are competitive.
Provides good health care
Retirement plans are great too.

Call centers are negatively challenging for some.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Workplace culture
Customer Service Representative (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 20, 2018
Kaiser is a very nice place to work very friendly
People and courteous people,management were very nice and kind.It is a very secured job and steady place to be I really enjoyed being a volunteer there.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2