Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

great place to work
Medical Interpreter/Translator- Spanish (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 22, 2017
Great supervisor, great hours. Ability to move up or into different areas. Educational, family-oriented, detail-oriented, generally a positive place to work.
Great Place
Auditing Coding Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 22, 2017
Kaiser Permanente is an awesome place to work. It is a great place to work and I would recommend this organization to everyone who ask. Great benefits, salary, and balance of life culture.
Give it time.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bellflower, CANovember 21, 2017
I have worked at Kaiser since 2008 and the experience has been mixed. Overall the facility and the Core values are great but the staff tend to be less than friendly and supportive to new nurses. The management team is aware and try to help but it's up to the Charge nurses to make sure you do not fail. Although I still have my challenges with some of the staff I have found it to be one of my best experiences both professional and personally.
Pros
Great opportunity to learn and keep your skills sharp. Great benefits
Cons
Staff full of mean girls
In continual reorganization
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CANovember 21, 2017
A good place to work if you are in the right department with a good manager. Otherwise there is continual reorganization and risk of job loss. There are many centralized departments, but local hospital operations as well.
Pros
Large company with many opportunities
Cons
Lack of loyalty to reorganized departments
Healthcare done right
Lead Improvement Advisor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 21, 2017
In my time at Kaiser Permanente, I gained a whole new level of respect for the overall care they provide to the community. From outpatient to inpatient, they really focused on care across the continuum.
productive and also fun at the same time
Summer Intern/Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bellflower, CANovember 21, 2017
a typical day at work was fun because i learned a lot i learned how to use all of their equipment in the office , how to file their paper work , management was great , great workplace culture , it was not a hard part to this job because this is something that i enjoy doing. the most enjoyable part of the job was everything.
Family culture, productive job
Human Resources - Recruitment Assistant (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CANovember 20, 2017
I loved working for Kaiser, the only downside was that my particular position was non-benefited and contracted for 1 year. Had I been offered benefits and made a full time permanent employee, I would have wanted to stay long term. Also, the distance for me was wearing down my vehicle. I was driving 120 miles round trip and putting more than 500 miles on my car/weekly. The fact that my manager and my work colleagues were so amazing, made me want to continue working there. I took a 3 dollar pay cut just to work for this amazing company, learning that my position had no opportunity for advancement made me consider looking for other jobs. I hate to leave, but my ultimate goal is to continue advancing in my career.
Pros
Great management and great colleagues.
Cons
No benefits for my position, long distance, contracted.
productive place
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 20, 2017
I have been work at kaiser permanente for 15 years and I love it. I feel like I am part of the company and my say matters. I am encouraged to voice my concern. I work hard and paid well doing it.
Service Desk - A nice learning environment
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Corona, CANovember 20, 2017
Kaiser Permanente is a good learning opportunity for anyone starting out in the IT field. They have so many different software and hardware that anyone working here will leave with much better understanding of how technology works and have greater troubleshooting skills.
Micromanaging to the extreme
FRONT END ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 20, 2017
Working here has had its ups and downs. At first, employees were promised a set of things they would be offered upon joining Kaiser but it was never delivered. MicroManaging occurs here. Managers are ill-trained.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Micromanaging
The company is always eager to grown membership.
no title (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 20, 2017
A great place to work.

The organization is always pushing to grow membership and establish new territories. Many medical processes administrative and technical roles have become automated which will reduce the number of employees needed for many types of jobs.
Pros
Continued efforts to establish new territories
Cons
Automating every possible function.
Good
Supervisor of Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Riverside CANovember 20, 2017
Only issue I had was it was "union" and some long-timers had issues with changes. Very good management and very qualified with college degrees, etc. If you earned advancement, it was because you were best qualified for positions, not because you are friends with the boss.
Kaiser should ne Medical's Hospital
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Bellflower, CANovember 20, 2017
THey treat employees and patients like s$%6! Management does not care. Employees are canaving its a very hostile enviroment. There is favortism, nepostism, and a certain group of group of culture has all their family members and friends working there becuase of this, Managers favor their own type of cultural employees
Pros
large organization
Absolutely wonderful
Sr. Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 19, 2017
Working for the Kaiser Permanent organization is highly recommended. The organization has a variety of lateral growth opportunities and can be a career.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Cons
Preferred an hour lunch
Very competitive and goal driven
Service Unit Manager II - Non RN (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 19, 2017
Very competitive and goal driven. Great people in departments that are willing to help each other. Great employee wellness programs for staff to take to better their health and wellness.
very well known company
Pharmacist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 18, 2017
company pay their employees well. The salary is based on education and experience. Excellent benefits. You have options to work in several states that this company is located in.
Cons
Wish I could rate it better
Medical (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 18, 2017
Outside of the Bay Area, the ratings look pretty good. But here, if you have any other possible offer or place to work accept it. Any negative work and awful patient experiences you've heard are true. A recent survey this year shows almost 20% of employees would not trust Kaiser with their own health or the health of a loved one. Life is too short to get involved in this drama and gossip filled corporation.
Pros
Some cool coworkers
Cons
Cutthroat, infighting, low waged people don't get promoted, nothing is more important that money and profit, big corporate mentality (but relatively small)
Great place to be
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CANovember 18, 2017
Everyone here has been amazing. I don't currently work here but I am doing my externship there and everyone has been amazing. They are training me in the OB department and have been amazingly helpful and supportive through out this whole process.
Provided strong care for members
Assistant Director of Radiology (Former Employee) –  Bellflower, CANovember 17, 2017
Provides strong care for members. Benefits are notable for both staff and patients. Continues to advance with technology. Retains staff who are patient oriented.
Nice place to work
Kaiser NHRSC Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Alameda, CANovember 17, 2017
Kaiser is a good place to work, it is very hard to transition to another position but overall its great. The people are nice and its a very diverse company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2