Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

very condusive
Registered Nurse (travel nurse) (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAFebruary 12, 2018
I work as a travel nurse in postpartum unit. it is a very fast pace unit. I do enjoy my work , and wished I could get a full time/per diem day shift permanent position with them but there isn't openning at this time. they provides a very conducive safe working environment.
Pros
pay
Cons
very busy
Great Place To Work For Advancement/Leadership
Pediatric Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2018
Great Place To Work For Advancement/Leadership. You could advance as an LPN unlike any other place I have worked. I worked PRN for my last 8 years there.
Great Place to Work
INTRADAY COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Great place to work. Great benefits. Great pay. I would recommend this company to family and friends as a great place to work. The benefits are amazing.
Great company
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Douglas, GAFebruary 11, 2018
Working for this company has driven me more than any other job I may have it .There is much team work used amongst each other’s. And plenty of opportunities and support
Pros
Environment, great pay and benefits, company takes part in helping organizations
Productive Call Center
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 11, 2018
The call center was a productive workplace, despite the high volume of incoming calls daily. Kaiser Permanente is a good place to work because the benefits you receive as an employee, management is well-mannered and helpful, and they sometimes show appreciation to the employees buy providing lunch and/bonuses.
Pros
fun staff/management to work with, and good benefits
Cons
short breaks and extremely long hold times for members
Good pay, but it's not easy.
Specialty Scheduling Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 11, 2018
Great pay and benefits, but everything that glitters is not always gold. Must be flexible, adaptable, observant, focused, and have thick skin with a ton of patience. You can advance, but there is a strict senority rule which makes it a wait. Management makes or beaks your experience and longevity with Kaiser. Be cautious and remember someone is always watching and listening. The members are great most of the time and it's fun getting to know them.
Pros
Pay, benefits, leave, discounts, advancement, and connecting with the community
Cons
Micromanagement, unorganized departments, and constant changes with little to know training
Interesting and rewarding place to work
Location Manager of Optometry (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORFebruary 11, 2018
I have the great pleasure of working with a broad variety of professional individuals. My most rewarding experiences with Kaiser is the interaction with patients. I have the opportunity to meet so many exciting and interesting people.

The toughest, but also rewarding portion of my job is maintaining the high level of care our patients have grown accustom. We must always have the concerns of the individual in the forefront.
Pros
Nice employees and great benefits
Cons
In management, the involvement doesn't leave me enough time for my family.
Fast paced challenging work place for EMR/EHR specialist
Site Support Specialist, KP HealthConnect (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 11, 2018
A typical day of work was me doing 60 to 80% of the teams' workload handling our requests through Remedy and I getting requests through Remedy, smartphone, instant messaging, in person requests. I learned how to work with a variety of people with different levels of education. At Kaiser it is all politics, my opinion of management was poor because for almost a decade I heard the same message without results and no room for growth. The hardest part of the job was tolerating the fact my team was enjoying the internet or facebook while I was running around doing most of the work. The part of the job I enjoyed the most was that I knew I was providing expert troubleshooting experience to all levels of staff.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too much to list
Odd place
Contract Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 10, 2018
They hire contractors for their expertise then refuse to use it.
I had a group manager and one full time team lead (who was an excellent C# programmer, but not a web developer or database designer) above me. The project had bee going tor some time when I got there. I tried to tell them that some things they were doing weren't a good idea and wouldn't work in the long run (like moving data sets back and forth in cookies and a database design that looked like a spreadsheet) and was told to do it the way they had started. It was taking a long time to code because of their 'design' and I knew it would fail if they ever went live... They just wouldn't listen when I tried to explain. By the time the contract was up, I was extremely frustrated with them and they were complaining about the time it was taking to code and test.

I learned to ask MORE questions before I took a contract.

Workplace was OK, friendly people, willing to explain things and share their subject/domain knowledge, good office conditions for the most part.

Their IT support - phones / VM administration / hardware, etc is extremely rigid and hard to work with... e.g. it took 3 months to get my name on the voicemail for my phone, I never did get them to upgrade to .Net 3.5 in the VM I was using and refused to allow me to do it ...
Pros
Nice group of people, who will explain processes and worklows when asked and who have a lot of expertise in their jobs.
Cons
Management that won't listen, They tend to treat software contractors like clerks - rigid 0830 start time, 2x 10 min. breaks per day, 30 min. lunch, etc. and they get kind of crazy if you work through any of the breaks.
Great Benefits/Pay
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAFebruary 10, 2018
This is a high stress job. Somewhat enjoyable as far learning information. However very micro-managed, which makes for stressful agents. Most patients are nice to speak with, hardest part of job is being monitored constantly on calls. Also when members are not getting what they want or do not like what we have to ask them, they can be super rude. They just don't understand what we have to do as part of our job. It did however open my eyes when it comes to me having to call companies for my own business, I have learned to be much nicer or understanding.
Pros
Benefits/Pay
Cons
Micro managing
Fast paced, patient care
PHLEBOTOMY TECHNICIAN EXTERN (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAFebruary 10, 2018
Working in the Lab at Kaiser is great if you love the hospital environment an love helping patients. You interact with patients all day at work and the patients notice everything. So we have to be on tip top. But I loved the time I did spend at Kaiser
I am vert satisfied with my current position, but works like to relocate
Clinical Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 10, 2018
I love my colleagues, manager and work environment. Although work can be stressful, it is up to me to create a work- life balance for myself and I encourage my colleagues and employees to do the same! I’m confiortabke and wish to co tiniest to succeed at KP!!
Pros
Great salary and benefits, caring colleagues
Cons
Long commute, can be stressful
Supply Manager
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 10, 2018
Manages and coordinates all activities and staff related to procurement and supply services at a specific site, including local purchasing, distribution, inventory control, printing and duplication services, mail distribution and courier services. Ensures site compliance to specific policies regarding internal controls for departmental purchasing activities to ensure optimal use of national contracts, appropriate use of purchasing channels, utilization of expert advice and internal controls. Ensures effective compliance to all applicable national, state and local regulations/laws.
The Worst upper Management ever!
Optician (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 9, 2018
I do not care to say much about this company. I worked with some of the best coworkers you could ask for. And all my managers were great people to work with...just upper manager was not a good person.
Kaiser Permanente
Contractual Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 9, 2018
Top of the afternoon. I would be honored to refer anyone to work for this company. It was a most excellent experience.The environment is also rather nice. The training was intense and the classrooms are filled with willing and able other person's who desire to be well equipped for the daily tasks at hand.
Pros
The financial rewards were rewarding.
Cons
Some of the employee's lack class.
Excellent working environment
Urgent Care/ Emergency Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDFebruary 9, 2018
Excellent working environment. Culturally friendly and collaborative working environment. Professional and good communication between staff and patients.
Wish I could have stayed
Account Administrative Representative (Contracted) (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 9, 2018
Kaiser is one of the best companies to work for. I was contracted and my position ended after only 4 months. I really enjoyed working there as Kaiser really cares about the well being of its employees.
Pros
High pay, amazing benefits if permanent, relaxed dress code, nice people
Cons
Hard to get hired
Learning environment
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 9, 2018
12 hour night shift on a stroke until with multiple admission. Staff very helpful. Vocera not easy to use if no prior history with ethnic names. Staff scheduling could be improved.
Great place for IT!
Director - Information Technology (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 8, 2018
The future is Kaiser Permanente IT. There are a number of opportunities that allow someone with ambition and drive to be successful and I don't see this slowing down based on the direction of the organization.
Good benefits and Pay
Administrative Specialist III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Kaiser offers excellent pay and time off program. I would probably still be working there if I had not gotten laid off due to a reduction in force. It's a good place to settle in.
Pros
benefits, time off program
Cons
can be stressful; lots ot turnover with managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2