Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Growing Fast and Catching Up
Sr. Manager Analytics/BI (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, COAugust 29, 2018
Four years ago when I joined, the was little or no enterprise architecture. Over the past two years, there has been huge progress; that said, many of the growth positions have come from the outside, limiting internal career plans.

There is strong cooperation and collaboration from individual contributors; management is normal.
Pros
Great benefits, work-life balance, education and learning opportunities are great.
Cons
Familiar career growth sabotage from external hires.
Pharmacy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 29, 2018
Busy, learning have to be fast paced but they give you plenty of time to learn and train very well. Coworkers, couldn't have asked for better ones. Very flexible with schedule especially if you're in school. Just a great place to work with great people and pay is good.
Good environment
Project Coordinator Intern (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 29, 2018
Kaiser Permanente gave me an opportunity to understand the complexity of healthcare sector. It also made me deepen the interest in project management.
Advancement potential
Medical & Referral Assist, Provider Rep (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 29, 2018
Working at Kaiser was very rewarding. I was able to move from a Medical Assistant to a Provider Relations on job experience alone. Managers, physicians, and nurses are willing to teach you everything I wanted to learn. I gained medical experience that I would not have learned if I went to medical school. The working relationships with co-workers have lasted over 20 years. The culture varied depending on the job and speciality of the clinic. The hardest part of the job was creating friendships with patients that are terminally ill, and seeing the struggles of sick children. The most enjoyable part of the job was going thru the healing journey with patients and families.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Union
n/a
Labor and Delivery Staff Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 28, 2018
Level III labor and delivery, diverse patient load, great pay and benefits, great location, always room for improvement and advancement in career. I have learned great assessment skills
Excellent Organization
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, COAugust 28, 2018
The culture is about working collaboratively with peers and labor partners. Great benefits and work life balance. The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to make a difference each day and helping others feel better.
Wonderful
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  Honolulu County, HIAugust 28, 2018
I made wonderful and supportive friends. The coworkers there were great. I enjoyed the camaraderie and positive attitude there. People always thrived.
Productive and oppurtunity to grow enviroment
Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nottinham ,MDAugust 28, 2018
I place to grow and be successful and the family orientated environment is the best experiences I enjoy the 13 yrs I've been at this company and the benefits that comes with being here.
Sr. Leadership more focused on budget than on patients
Sr IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 28, 2018
Leadership works up, not down. They take no focus or consideration on the employees reporting to them. Wasteful spending is done while at the same time laying off employees to save money. Represented employees are safe from any action even though the culture within the represented groups is "do as little as you have to to get by". Over all the region is run extremely inefficiently with no plans to address it.
My review of Kaiser
Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MD 20849August 28, 2018
I oversaw the daily building operations of numerous medical facilities. I was able to utilize and improve my skill set to better perform my job. This job did not provide a proper work/life balance and demanded too much overtime. But overall I'm grateful for this experience as it provided me with the skills that I would use later in my career.
Great Benefits, great learning exposure , management unrealistic
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 28, 2018
Had a great 17 years at Kaiser. Left only because employees were given and ultimatum... If you left before 2017, you get your pension + medical package for retirement. If you chose to stay, your medical coverage would be the newly revised edition.
Pros
great benefits, great salary, great learning environment
Cons
politics, management with a weak voice.
The place was a good job if you knew someone or were related.
In house and new construction painter (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 28, 2018
It was a good place to work with revolving doors for management. It would only take one management change to make life miserable. They changed management four different times in the few years I was there.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
wonderful
Lead Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 28, 2018
Kaiser is a wonderful place to work and grow. My experience was good and bad. Initially, the ladies didn't really acknowledge me (I don't know why). I did have a friend at Kaiser who helped me get the interview. I found out later several people in house had applied. with that said, the ladies came around. there's a culture for progress. I was in the surgery scheduling dept. very fast paced. Within 1 year I was chosen for the lead positon. I am about growth.
Pros
co-workers, manangement, pay/benefits
Cons
frequent changes.
Great Place to work
Assistant Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAAugust 27, 2018
Working for Kaiser Permanente offers the opportunity for unlimited advancement and growth. They encourage employees to take on more advanced training and roles within the organization and support their growth. Kaiser has a thriving Research Department and they are always willing to investigate more ways to provide evidence for the advancement of healthcare. Their single-payer system is a blueprint for what healthcare in this country ought to be.
Pros
Nursing Research Council, Excellent benefits, Growth potential
Cons
No cons
Good company
SR Surgical Technologist/Technician (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 27, 2018
I would have stayed had we not relocated to the Chandler AZ area. kaiser had good beneifits because of union rights. Good patient care and quaility control is high.
Kaiser Permanente
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 26, 2018
KP offers free benefits to their full time employees as well as flexible work schedule. They bring employees on as contractors usually before they offer full time employment.
Great start to my career.
First Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 25, 2018
I enjoyed working for KP. I met great people and learned a lot. I will forever be appreciative for my time there. I will miss working for this organization and the great people that make it up.
Bad company to work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 25, 2018
I separated from Kaiser Permanente back in May because I was being harassed and discriminate by fellow employees and management, the union, HR, my shop stewards were not doing anything to help me out. They allowed the harassment. discrimination to continue for months. It seemed like the company was hiring people to fill in the holes and not hiring people that actually care about patient care.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
too many immature people and gossiping
Great Preventative healthcare
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2018
Great pay and benefits. they are second to none in affordavility. I have norhing else to say it is a vreat place to work
a lot of learning opportunities are available to all.
Pros
pay
Cons
Too many levels of leaderahip
apex
Account Administration Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 25, 2018
Apex was ok but they didn't offer to help me find another job after my temp job was over. They didn't stay very connected and my point of contact kept changing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2