Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Showing all 8,325 reviews
Stressful but fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 15, 2018
During the time I worked, they were gearing us up for Healthcare Reform, and when it started, it was a mess. We had a very high call volume for half the year and since most issues had to do with the systems, we had limited access to helping the members. It was very stressful and at one point my manager snapped at me for not being able to deescalate a call. Everybody felt the stress. However, besides being the time that it was, I really enjoyed the time I spent at Kaiser. It was rewarding being able to help members.

The environment is very welcoming and lively and it was a happy workplace. Everybody was always positive and in good moods. The hard part of the job was not being able to resolve a customer's issue.
Pros
Welcoming environment, Great benefits
Cons
It can be stressful
Very micro managed
Patient Financial Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 15, 2018
I loved the work I did, and liked helping Patients, but the way the Supervisor and management chain of command handled things was not in any ones best interest, Employees, Clients, or Patients
Amazing Company
LVN (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 15, 2018
Employment at Kaiser Permanente, for a nurse, is to simply put it: Cream of the Crop. I worked to get into Kaiser for 2 years, went through 7 months of on-call, which included split shifts. But the grind is WORTH it. The culture at Kaiser is wonderful and the customer service is AMAZING. Great union and let's not even get started on the benefits. Kaiser definitely takes care of their own.

Honestly, if it were not for the immediate part time position and current family arrangements/schedule changes, I would not be seeking other employment. It was a VERY difficult decision to even post my resume. I will not be taking just ANY job offer. It definitely is going to have to be something that is going to be worth it, in both the pay and flexibility in the hours that we are looking for.
Great professional environment
Principal IT Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 15, 2018
Great professional environment. Management is nurturing of the employees and their career path. My peers were professional and supportive. The most enjoyable part of my job was developing a comprehensive application monitoring service for the KP pharmacy team.
Excellent place to work at kaiser
INDEXER (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CANovember 15, 2018
Kaiser Permanente is a good place to work. For almost 30 years I worked there I never complained because, I love the what I am doing and I can easily adjust with the environment & with my co workers. Excellent benefits espeacially health benefits. I left kaiser for retirement.
Fun and Productive workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CANovember 14, 2018
Everyone who worked there was very nice and always offered to help whenever I need it. They are very welcoming of everyone and always have a positive attitude.
In Trouble
Senior Learning Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 14, 2018
KP is great at care delivery but poor at employee care. Management is isolated and tribal. Employees on the business side are under pressure to cut costs.
Great Compensation
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 13, 2018
This company definitely compensates very well for the work assigned to employees. The environment is laid back and very nurturing. Kaiser really invests in caring for their employees and members.
Overall a great place to work
Project Manager-contractor (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CANovember 13, 2018
Culture was a hands on learning experience. Really need to be self motivated and the ability to plan your day out accordingly. Culture is to provide the necessary means to complete your job but yet make sure your life and family are kept in order as well.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
need to be very self motivated
Fast paced but not a lot of trusted team members. management appeared to be focused on numbers not so much the welfare of individuals and workers
HIV Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Skyline Estates, CONovember 13, 2018
Always busy with patients who at times tend to be very impatient and with notions about their previous treatment with Kaiser. I was passionate about addressing patient concerns and was targeted as a result.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not a lot of concern for workers
stressful but great people to work with
member services (Former Employee) –  Renton, WANovember 13, 2018
Call center work that focuses on health care

teaches billing and medical plans

decent management, relatively new people

great coworkers

decent paid holidays
Excellent place to work
Medical Scheduler (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 13, 2018
working full-time 40 plus hours a week
busy and stressful job
going to school part-time
workplace culture good
most enjoyable part of job is the close bond within co-workers
Pros
great place to work
Cons
need education, degree, license for jobs
Wonderful. The people were nice
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CANovember 12, 2018
Worked hard, helped the patients, mainly the elderly. Met some employees that were a little difficult to work with but nothing drastic. Helped a patient get to all her appointments by wheelchair and she thanked me and spoke to my manager about how helpful and gracious I was.
Current atmosphere is very stressful and fast paced.
Audiologist (Current Employee) –  Harbor City, CA 90710November 12, 2018
Current administration is pushing to see more patients with less quality of care. Very stressful and hard to deliver compassionate counseling to the patients.
Pros
Steady income
Cons
Stressful enviroment with request to do more on less time.
Good place to work, excellent benefits.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 12, 2018
New leadership working toward Magnet status. There is a lot of potential to grow professionally, but opportunities are mostly appointed and not based in merit.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
No diversity. There is one ethnic group that accounts for 90% of nursing population.
stimulating work environment
Women's Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 12, 2018
Excellent opportunity to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, with very gifted and committed medical professionals. Excellent benefits including time off.
Very Great and Fun place to work and to grow
Imaging Assistant/Member Experience Associate (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 12, 2018
I feel that this is a great company to grow with. Unfortunately Management is very poor. But you really do get to meet a lot great people. I love giving the biggest smile to our patients and staff. Just making there day go smoothly.
Pros
Family
Licensed Practiced Nurse
Primary Care Health Team Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 11, 2018
Kaiser has given me many skills and has helped me improve my confidence as a nurse. It is hard that I have to leave Kaiser due to not being able to advance on as an RN due to lack of residency opportunities. I am happy that I was able to get the opportunities I had to strengthen my resume and further my chances of getting more opportunities outside of Kaiser.
Somewhat stressful but mostly relaxed work environment
Account Administration Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 11, 2018
The company takes errors very seriously as it should since it is involving medical care. Focus and attention to detail are key when working there. Can be a fun place to work. It can also be very quiet, mundane, and boring. But, the pay is decent and there's plenty of opportunity for growth.
Productive, relaxed, great place to work.
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Corona, CANovember 10, 2018
Thoroughly enjoy working at Kaiser. I am mostly a remote employee, only had to go to office once a week for a team meeting and to touch base. It has been an educational experience.
Pros
Was able to work remote.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2