Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

nice place to work
Medical Equipment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 1, 2018
Many areas within the company to transfer to and many city's to be located. Great benefits and 401k. Management is like family and very diverse culture.
Enjoyable work
Claims Research and Adjustment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 31, 2018
My team is a remote team so that is a nice perk to the job. We have great benefits and wage compensation. I would like more of a structured training program. They have a good culture for their employees and communities.
Pros
good benefits and wages
Cons
lack of training
Great place to learn
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2018
Great learning environment. Met great people while working for company. Leaders did not listen to feedback from the staff who did the job(s) everyday. Stressful environment at times.
A nice place to work
United States Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 31, 2018
Kaiser Permanente is the better place to work. People and workers are friendly, and ready to work with other people. Kaiser Permanente is a family friendly hospital and it is a multicultural environment.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
short staff
Nutrition Service Department Evaluation
Healthcare Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 31, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of performance improvement data collection along with data collection of standard regulation compliance. The management of this department, I feel, runs really well and organized with the desire to improve each and every day. The hardest part of the job is to make sure that each and everybody, the employees and patients, is satisfied each day. But the most memorable part of this internship was being able to polish and advance my skills within the healthcare field.
Very slow paced job but great experience
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 31, 2018
Volunteering at Kaiser was a very interesting experience. All of the people there were fairly nice, though there was some friction between the nurses and the doctors there, aside from that a great place to volunteer if you need the hours.
Productive, very good workplace to work.
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Downey, CA 90241May 31, 2018
Kaiser is a great company to work for, benefits are awesome. this job requires extensive focus on details in processing.Good training and work life balance, good starting pay.
productive and fun place to work
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alameda, CAMay 30, 2018
Organizing employees’ documents into different categories (leave, performance, compliance, termination, pay, hire etc.) and creating batches that are later scanned and sent to Case Management.
Loved the Division of Research...TPMG different experience
Research Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 30, 2018
I truly loved my time at the Division of Research, smart, good people working to understand population health. Though I personally have had solid healthcare for my family, knowing the politics behind the scenes was a bit disturbing. Liked management training opportunities. Not sure about what is called the "labor management partnership" since seemed somewhat adversarial.
Busy, demanding,great pay and benefits.
Compensation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 30, 2018
The work is challenging at all levels however, the pay, benefits and friendships developed are more that worth it.
The workplace culture is safety based, including employee health.
There are opportunities for advancement.
I'm very thankful for the opportunities I've received from Kaiser Permanente.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
Not located in all states/cities.
Lots of Opportunity
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 30, 2018
Kaiser is great if you are looking for various opportunities in healthcare. There are so many various types of jobs in Kaiser which can lead to a very diverse career if you want to look outside of you department/specialty, but still remain within healthcare. GREAT benefits, decent pay.
Great culture
Home Health and Wound Care LVN (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAMay 30, 2018
Kaiser really tries to help their employee to be upwardly mobile in their careers. LVNs are well treated as a part of the team. One of my favorite places I have worked.
Focus on high quality care and service
Professional practice consultant, RN, BSN (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 30, 2018
As a nurse my work has always been aligned with the mission of delivering high quality care and service to our members. I have had many opportunities to advance my career and grow as an individual and a professional.
Positive work environment
Research Project Manager II (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 30, 2018
Productive workplace. Culture is fun and team building. Career advancement is encouraged
Excellent benefits... healthcare, retirement plans
Able to work remotely and set my own work schedule.
Pros
Team building, education reimbursement, excellent benefits and pension
Cons
Interesting position which changed daily
Investigator (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 29, 2018
CCI Services is a contractor for Kaiser Permanente, a large nationwide health care provider. CCI investigates all crimes within the KP buildings and property, interviews victim's and witnesses, obtains and reviews video for possible disciplinary action or arrest of employees/ vendors or patients. All employees of CCI from the top down are excellent to work with and extremely professional. Case types changed daily which kept the job from becoming boring and repetitious. I left after being involved in a no-fault auto accident which left me injured for several months. The company needed to fill the slot and I agreed that due to workload I understood. The accident was not job related.
Pros
Interesting and challeging cases
Cons
Travel to sites in the Washington DC area during rush hour.
Great benefits
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CAMay 29, 2018
Great workplace environment with friendly coworkers. Good benefits such as paid maternity leave, and insurance for immediate family. Clean workspace and up-to-date equipment.
KP has great benefits, but still leaves a lot to be desired pertaining to mgmt.
Configuration Analyst - Benefits Data Validation (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2018
Unfortunately, KP has a lot of ppl in positions they are not qualified for and even though Mmgt is aware of this, the majority of the time nothing is done about it because there is a lot of favoritism. Those who have been with the company for a long time receives a pass, even when it's known they aren't performing at their appropriate level. Also, the communication in this company across ALL departments and levels needs improving.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lack of communication
Short ladder
Executive Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 28, 2018
Few or no opportunities for advancement. Political environment with strong opinions voiced regularly. Not a strong environment for employee appreciation.
Benefits
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Very clean and sanitary
Cashier / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 28, 2018
They supported so many important valid issues ie: Elder abuse child abuse, heart disease and breast cancer month with DV awareness ect. I appreciated Employees 30 day 30 minute workout challenges. And I admired Nurses week every year. Also employees like me who were labeled Champion workers for perfect attendance records ere honored too.
Pros
Excellent place to work
Cons
needed cotton uniforms polyester ones itch ..
nice place to work
Grill Cook/First Cook (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 28, 2018
nice place to work plus great pay ,over all a great place to work and have job security plus paid vacation and a great 401k plans and good insurance for you and your family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2