Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Great benefits, work/life balance needs to be improved
STAFF RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 5, 2018
Depending upon the Manager and department your experience working at Kaiser Permanente will vary in regards to: work life balance and support from Managers.
Fast paced environment
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAJuly 4, 2018
Working in the administration department one had to always be prepared in case the State would walk in to investigate any patient complaints. Management for me was easy to support as long as you did your job and did it well. My job was to share in the responsibility with one other individual in the day to day functions of the office. The hardest part of the job was defusing an irate patient's family member. I was always successful.
Pros
often free lunches, coordinating hospital functions for staff morale
Cons
often no breaks
Ophthalmic Retina Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 3, 2018
I loved working for Kaiser Permanente, the pay and the raises were great and consistent, you were able to learn new things and management was very understanding if personal problems arose.
Pros
The consistent pay and raises
Productuve
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2018
Traveling to various locations troubleshooting IT issues. Independent working environment, meeting new people and collaborating with co workers on difficult IT related issues (ie upgrade of workstations).
Excellent workplace environment
Summer Youth Intern (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJuly 3, 2018
Kaiser Permanente was such a great environment to work in that made going to work every day exciting. A typical day at work for me was restocking linen and such, assisting in prepping health classes, answering calls, helping patients and etc. Everyone in your department are friends and from what I could tell occasionally held department gathering outside work to better know each other. They even held employee of the month where you got a paper crown and gift. You were to get your work done at a consistent and expected pace, yet everyone loved their job so there was no problems in that. The best part about working for Kaiser is the fact that the company implements such a healthy living for its workers that "thriving" is considered a cool kids thing.
Pros
Close-knit welcoming community
Cons
Constant reenforcement of rules
FNP preceptor ship
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJuly 2, 2018
I was given an excellant opportunity by being precepted at Kaiser through my FNP program . I am currently an employee working as a Registered Nurse and feel the care I am able to provide with my resources is excellant.
A place to work for the long term
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 2, 2018
Difficult to get into positions due to being union. Benefits are great but sometimes, due to seniority hiring practices, the most qualified and dedicated staff can be overlooked for promotions and positions. Overall work environment is positive.
By far-the best company I've worked for
Emergency Room Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 2, 2018
Very collaborative and efficient culture. People are happy and help others to succeed. Management does a great job training and helping employees. Great place to work
Enjoyed working at Kaiser
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 1, 2018
Provided good growth for me and lively hood for myself and my family.Provided many stepping stones in my career.The salary was good and benefits also.
Pros
Salary, growth
Cons
Strictness in policies
Good place to work.
Sr. Echo Technologist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento County, CAJuly 1, 2018
I will recommend this facility to anyone looking for any kind of work. They will take care of the employee and the family of the employee. They offer quarterly bonus by department that doing excellence job.
Collaboratve and supportive with a non-profit heart run dept
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 1, 2018
Great organization to work for and grateful to have been there for over 10 years.
Members and the community is our priority and you feel the level of care and support as an employee as well.. Many accessible resources are made available to enhance personal & professional development.
Pros
All but career advancement in my dept specifically
Cons
No career advancement in my specific dept
Great people and flexible work conditions
Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJune 30, 2018
The people are truly great here. They care about you as a person and will offer mentorship when you seek it out. The company as a whole does a lot of outsourcing so you'll see a lot of contractors around, which is nice at times because they bring new/different perspectives. Path of advancement is unclear, however, unless you were selected by your manager to be on an "accelerated path to leadership".
Pros
People here have a great mindset, believing in total health and mental wellness
Cons
Some people are not very engaged/enthusiastic about their work and will work at their leisurely pace
kaiser is a great place to work overall
Environmental Services Attendant (Current Employee) –  evs attendantJune 29, 2018
with an entitiy as large as kaiser permanente it sometimes feel you can just be lost in the ranks an overall great place to work good benefits good pay
Pros
benefits and pay are excellent
Cons
we have to clock out for our 30 min luch
Productive workplace
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 29, 2018
Productive place to work but I am no longer with the company but when I was there it was a good environment and the people were nice and they did a lot of company activities.
great place to work
Pediatric Case Manager (Social Worker) (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 29, 2018
KP is a great place to work! Well run company with incredible focus on employee well being. Great social work salary. Awesome education benefits to help me grow my career.
Management focus changed
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAJune 29, 2018
Management focus has shifted to more profit.
What they need to do is value employees and work smarter in order to same health care costs, not work employees harder to a point the employees do not feel understood and appreciated.
Pros
opportunity to more up
Cons
need to value employees more
Rewarding
Shipping Lead Person (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 28, 2018
Let me start off with the most enjoyable part of the day which was knowing all of your tasks have been completed for the day and the patients will have their medications, whether its regular or emergency
orders. I've learned to work with other departments to ensure products are being delivered to customers when needed. I enjoy working in a fast pace environment so when products aren't re-stocked, because of not being checked in, and you see it in receiving, it can become very frustrating.
Pros
The pay and knowing your helping people get what they need
Cons
You may not work with people who have good work ethics.
er tech
E.R tech/ C.N.A/ Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 28, 2018
helping patience in and out the g=hospital checking blood pressure as well ..caring for patience..showing them tender loving care ..making sure there clean in up to date with blood work
Pros
good people
Safe
Staff Nurse and Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 28, 2018
taxing when short staff and the pt. load heavy time go slow
How to deal with different personality and cope with mental health pts.,give you a feeling of self worth
disappointed in management for hiring me and planning to lay off
diverse pts. and employees.

resigning from the VA and to get lain off after they pass accreditation
most enjoyable part of the job making the pts happy and getting the
the work done.
Pros
Being satisfied
Cons
Pts. or staffs not satified
Mission-oriented, good work/life balance
Data Scientist / Senior Programming Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 27, 2018
Pros:
- Great work/life balance.
- Excellent benefits.
- Non-profit fully committed to mission of improving health care.
- Industry leader in electronic health records.

Cons:
- Somewhat lower pay than competitors.
- Slow-moving and bureaucratic.
- Excessive time spent on meetings and conference calls.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2