Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Cog in the Machine
Senior Tableau Developer (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 8, 2018
Kaiser is good if you want to be just another cog in the machine. For development it is a very solo environment- with the project managers having an aversion to change.
Pros
Flexible Environment, Good co-workers
Cons
Too large and aversion to new technologies.
Medical Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MD 20910October 8, 2018
Enjoyed working at Kaiser. Had great benefits.
Relaxed atmosphere. All assistant needed was provided
promptly. Work related to medical claims. Training was provided.
Great Team Members
Regional Operations Managing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MD 20852October 8, 2018
I greatly enjoyed the team members at the Kaiser Rockville Regional Laboratory. The hours were flexible when . Everyone worked together to get the job done.
Pros
Celebrations throughout the year for helath awareness
Cons
Union Pay for workers could be more competitive
better job movement
Storekeeper II (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAOctober 8, 2018
it's not a bad gig, but seniority keeps you from moving up in the company. I would recommend working elsewhere unless you have some support that can help you move up.
Stay out of high profile jobs
Senior Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, CAOctober 8, 2018
The higher you go the more you are in competition and if the management changes to someone who doesn't like you, they pretty much will set you up to fail if you don' thave enough pull in the department.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
management, your just a number, favortisum
Fast paced but enjoyed the medical providers,
Health Services Coordinator Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Orchard, WAOctober 8, 2018
The best part was working with the medical providers. Very busy days which passed quickly because there was much to do from time of arrival to departure at days end. Learned a lot during 6 month probation period.
Pros
Great coworkers and staff
Cons
Demanding job
challenging and positive place to work
HOME INFUSION PHARMACIST (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAOctober 8, 2018
Kaiser has been a great company to work for. Employees are fairly compensated with their pay and other benefits. I would highly recommend Kaiser as a place to work.
Productive and efficient working environment
Preceptorship Student (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAOctober 8, 2018
I worked there for few months and the staff in general were cooperative with high team work level. Management staff were very professional and helpful to their subordinates. The working environment in general was productive and efficient.
very stressful
Senior Case Manager (contract position) (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 8, 2018
This was a very stressful position because the hardest part of the job was talking with the patients to help resolve complaint issues. I thought the management support could be better
Meetings and more meetings
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 8, 2018
Most days were pretty good. Lots of work, lots of solutions. Lots of help if you needed it. Weekly meetings that test your ability to stay awake. Free hand at designing new solutions.
Pros
Great healthcare benefits
Cons
Not loyal to programmers
very productive workplace
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2018
● Providing daily leadership for agents to ensure business needs are met.
● Supervising a staff of 15- 20 agents.
● Providing coaching for performance improvement, training, and development.
● Monitoring performance, and schedules using the Aspect, and CC Pulse system.
● Auditing calls in the Nice system, and giving feedback to agents.
● Working with the Leadership Team to identify process and training needs to achieve improved accurate and efficient call quality.
● Monitoring payroll to stay in compliance with budget guidelines.
● Making sure agents are in compliance with Kaisers KPI (Key Point Indicators) to measure performance and the success of the business
Good balance between work and home life. Great medical and retirement benefits.
Senior IT Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 7, 2018
Good balance between work and home life, with telecommuting allowed. Great medical and retirement benefits. Bureaucracy hampers technical progress. Too many application silos resulting in inefficiencies and waste of resources. Governance of enterprise application development is sorely lacking. Heavy use of offshore contractors and outsourcing damaging to local economy.
Pros
Telecommuting and medical benefits
Cons
Too much bureaucracy and red tape
This company is a excellent place to work meeting multiple client from all walk of life.
Senior Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  3701 Broadway, Oakland CA 94611October 7, 2018
For me I focused on one this that I am hired eight hours per day and I give it my all to do what I have to do to the best of my ability. My lunch time is the time I used for fun. I have learned so much and to make sure that I know the patients hippa rights.
Pros
Yes sometimes we do get free lunchesm or flowers.
it was good for the time i worked there
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 7, 2018
In that time that I worked with Kaiser they went through lots of changes at the mgmt. level, it went from being a fast paced job to being a fast paced high pressured job, which made it stressful and unbearable.
Pros
stable employment
Cons
unecessary stress
Well paid, fast paced environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 6, 2018
The expectations for excellent results were high but generally management provided adequate support.
Hardest part of the job was meeting enrollment deadlines set by State and Federal agencies.
Enjoyable part was recognition by management of my contribution to the organization.
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAOctober 5, 2018
A typical day consisted of preparing patient for exams by reviewing history, appropriate vital signs, and documenting in EMR. Prepares room and equipment for procedures and assist physician as needed. Management had an open door policy and had an open mind towards staff. There wasn't a difficult part of the job there. I enjoyed working with provider partner and coworkers.
Great Nurses
Student RN Preceptee (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 5, 2018
I was able to do my preceptorship at Kaiser San Jose in the Medical Surgical unit. The nurses and all the staff welcomed me. Nurses at the unit are great teachers.
Always short staffed
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 5, 2018
If you work as a per diem for Kaiser, expect to get a call every day to come in. They are always short staffed! The pay is excellent but you do work hard for it! 12 hr shifts are always closer to 13hrs and very exhausting
Na
Associate Account Manager III (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 5, 2018
This employer has most of its membership in California. Its a health care delivery system that includes 3 entities; provides the medical care at its hospitals, with their doctors and provides the health insurance.
Team Atmosphere in a Large Organization
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 5, 2018
Kaiser is an enormous organization, but my local team helps the company to feel more familial. Projects involve experts from many different teams, but for the most part all team members work together to make sure that work is performed to the high quality required by Kaiser standards. I do wish for an even more collaborative environment, but the nature of the projects require frequent mobility, and therefore a physically collaborative environment is not really possible. Despite this obstacle, my team does a great job supporting one another. I would highly recommend the institution.
Pros
Good management, flexible work locations/hours, fantastic support from team
Cons
Typical downsides of large corporate culture: organizational ambiguity, quick personnel turnover, non-collaborative workspace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2