Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

good place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  West LA, CANovember 27, 2017
Kaiser is a good place to work, the pay and benefits are among the highest. There is always good team work and break relief is mostly available. There is adequate problem resolution.
Pros
good pay and work environment
Cons
na
Poor
Senior System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 27, 2017
If a manager does not like you and is after you no matter what they say management is not fair! I found it to be very unfair dept and very cut throat!
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30305November 27, 2017
If I could continue to work for Kaiser Permanente I would. I have worked with the company for over seven years and have truly experienced a well balanced work and life. i have been supported in furthering my education, but with some difficulty advancing to where I would like to be.
work place
Business Support Analyst I (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 27, 2017
great work environment ,home/work balance

KP is an awesome employer on of if not the best in the Bay Area

compensation for Non Union employees should be better
Pros
home work balance
Cons
compensation
Very poor leadership, lacking vision
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 27, 2017
Kaiser has excellent benefits, but poor leaders are promoted and there is a significant amount of cronyism at play on a daily basis. Also seems to be a lack of vision and objectives and project approaches are changed on the fly and not communicated clearly, creating an atmosphere of chaos and and environment that is almost impossible to be successful.
Great Healthcare!
Escalations Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2017
Healthcare is free! Place of work could be more professional. Good pay. My position is union, which is great. I get to work from home, which I love. They are pretty accommodating to employees who go to school.
Your experience depends on where you work
Senior Business Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 27, 2017
Kaiser Permanente is a HUGE company and my experience, though common, may differ from other people. If you get hired into a good group, then you will experience this as a best place to work. But some departments are really cut-throat and ruthless. Managers are vindictive, petty, and clique-ish. Some use their role as esteem boosters and use their role to make some people's life miserable.
Very productive and learned a lot from working alone most of the time
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 26, 2017
I managed the laboratory for Kaiser . I was a Lab Assistant Phlebotomist and was the sole employee in half a day. My day started at 7:30 and when I arrived there would be a line of people waiting to have their blood drawn, I checked them in, verified their insurance, put the orders into the computer, drew their blood , did urine check, labeling, packaging for send out, answered the phones, retrieved results, documentation.
Pros
I learned a lot from my working there . Free lunch once in a while
Cons
short breaks
Lpn
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 26, 2017
Nurses offices are run like a customer service call center. The nurse is monitored for how long a patient waits in the waiting room (MUST be less than 10 minutes). Our "score" gets dinged if the time is over that, if we don't click on certain things.
Outstanding place to work as a CNM
Certified Nurse Midwife (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 26, 2017
Collaborative environment to work as a CNM. High volume so lots of experience. Downside was poor continuity with patients. The most enjoyable part of my job was the extensive hospital bedside care during labor and birth.
Pros
excellent benefits
Kaiser
Mammography Rad Tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CANovember 25, 2017
A typical work day is fast paced . I always learn something different everyday by dealing with patients , Management helps with further career advancement
Perfect to volunteer for.
Medical Social Work Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CANovember 25, 2017
Volunteering at Kaiser has been a great experience. The staff is always friendly and ready to help. I love the job culture always being mindful of the patient. They treat patients as people not as numbers.
n/a
Operating Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CANovember 25, 2017
Great environment to work, and benefit programs for every employee, needs improvement on new management being hired without experience. more training needs to be employed.
Great salary - Corporation work atmosphere
Advice RN (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 25, 2017
Great union, very bad management and labor relationship currently. Great place to build senority and pay. Very little actual interaction with any decisions made or policies.
Review of Audiology in Northern Virginia
Audiologist (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 25, 2017
The only problem with working as an Audiologist in the northern virginia (Tysons, Falls Church) clinics is the supervisor in place at this time (Nov 2017). She is not an Audiologist, but that is not the issue. The issue is that she is on a power trip and is not that bright, an unfortunate combination. She does not want to hear feedback from staff about things that she is clearly doing wrong, and if you point out where things could work better, she will retaliate against you. Most walk on eggshells around her and there is nothing that can be done because her boss is her best friend. The Audiologists there are wonderful and dedicated professionals, who unfortunately do not have the benefit of a leader that will facilitate their greatness. The supervisor has no concern for the staff and does not value work/life balance or appreciate that staff's lives are important too and that occasionally, they actually have to request to take the leave they have earned to attend to their own issues, requests that are not always approved because the supervisor is worried about how that will affect access and consequently how that will make her look to her leadership (there are 8 audiologist positions there, with many open appointments, she can easily adjust schedule for leave requests). You do not want to work for this woman. Day after day she does things that should be reported to HR or EEO, such as talking negatively about staff members to other staff at the same level. If they ever put someone else in charge that is a good leader, then all my ratings would turn into 5 stars.
Pros
Professional staff - ENT/Audiologists - all really great people
Cons
Audiology supervisor (fall 2017) is immature, vindictive, passive/aggressive, unqualified - simply has no business supervising Audiologists, or anyone.
Team environment with great benefits
Supervisor Rehabilitation Services (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 24, 2017
Great team environment with plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement. Hardest part of the job is patient care throughout the day and keeping up with documentation at the same time. The management in place at locations I have worked have been excellent. I have felt supported in my needs. I most enjoy the people that I work with at Kaiser. We all share common goals and support each other. I have never had a coworker not willing to help or try to find an answer that I needed.
Very Nice place to work
Intake Coordinator/Consultant - QRM (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 24, 2017
I process faxes that come through our Right fax system. I make calls to providers when need. Train new employees and take on other duties to help my Manager. It is a very diverse place to work. I enjoy coming here because my co workers are fun to be around.
Great people work here but many departments are understaffed.
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 24, 2017
There is a need for better management. Valuing your employees is critical to the department working successfully. Many employees are overworked & stretches too thin.
Benefits
Cons
No time for breaks
Best company I ever worked for!!
RN - Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CANovember 22, 2017
I loved Kaiser. I would still be working there, if I had not moved from California to NC. I only have positive things to say about working for Kaiser. If I ever move back to California, I want to work for Kaiser.
Pros
Pay, benefits, staffing, management
Cons
None. Best job I ever had.
Great compnay and hospital benefits
LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE (Per Diem) (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 22, 2017
Awesome company/hospital to work for, great benefits! depending how departments management is good. very competitive to get into a position--inside bidding on opened positions base upon seniority. GREAT PAY at least for northern California.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2