Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Important work but no work-life balanve
Service Unit Non RN Manager II (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAOctober 12, 2018
The work is important and Kaiser Permanente strives to provide quality healthcare. However, it is a challenge managing a work life balance and still keep up with all the work assigned. This is a common challenge in many positions in the company.
Pros
Strives for quality
Cons
Heavy workloads
Very collaborate
Volunteer Experiences (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 11, 2018
Kaiser Permanent has an amazing staff that is always focused on providing he best patient care. From the moment you walk in to the moment that you leave the staff is very attentive and friendly.
Kaiser has been a great place to work in the last 11 yrs.
Unit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, OROctober 11, 2018
It all depends on your work ethic and attitude to work within the organization.You have career advancement opportunities and education reimbursement..
Good Salary Benifits
Receptionist cashier (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 11, 2018
Face pass environment registering. 75 patents a day

Learned computer more efficiently

Management will to help with training

Last position had wonderful co worker

Medical Assistants expected stressed expected help out of the protocols.

Management unaware of protocols
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Reduction of benifits, stressful work conditions
Benefits are great
LPN (Current Employee) –  Longview, WAOctober 10, 2018
Kaiser benefits are great. I love working straight days, banker hours, no weekends or holidays. Kaiser is union which is nice, I had never been in a union prior.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
treat employees poorly
Great experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 10, 2018
I would recommend this job to anyone that needs help for college. I got benefits for college and gain skills during this program. I met the mayor and met a lot more good faces.
Pros
Paid for college, get connections from big companies.
Cons
No hours
Very Good but Stressful
PACS Administrator (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 10, 2018
It was a great company to work for. I enjoyed working there and my position. They treated me well and I enjoyed and needed the benefits. I feel like i did a really great job in my position.
great
Internship (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95825October 10, 2018
it was fun working for Kaiser. I would totally go back if i could. I worked with great People and enjoyed every minute of it. I miss it soo much. I recommend every one getting a job there
overall a good experience
Internal Medicine Residency (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 10, 2018
I enjoyed learning about the Kaiser model. I felt like I was able to provide comprehensive care especially because I was able to view all documents related to my patients in the EMR.
Kaiser vs GHC conflict lots of unnecessary drama.
CMA (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 10, 2018
Kaiser (Northwest) Bellevue, WA
When I was hired I was trained Kaiser vision way but existing GHC employees are unwilling to conform to Kaiser's vision. Seniority and the Union enable long-term employees to be lazy. The management tries so hard to make positive changes but the employees refuse to comply. This place is filled with drama and lots of employee conflicts. It was like being in high school all over again. When I worked there 6 MA's quit all at once due to the constant conflicts.
You get amazing benifits and compensation. You cannot use the benefits they offer because you WILL NOT get time off you request until you have been there for a few years. Kaiser is NOT flexible at all and doesn't have the staff to releive those that need days off. I was told on my first day that I won't get a day off so don't even ask. They only way you can get a day off is to call in sick which will be unexcused.
Pros
Pay and Benifits
Cons
Breaks-lunch only, constant employee conflicts, long-term employees are lazy, the Union enables long-term employees to work less and demand more.

Want to know more about Kaiser Permanente?

Ask a question
PRN pharmacy tech experience
Call Center Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2018
they hire too many people. yes i make $20/hr but i barely get any hours. pharmacy system is complicated and they are big on speed. Your timed on EVERYTHING you do.
Pros
great pay, 1 hour lunch break, flexibility
Cons
not enough hours
Challenging
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Capitol Hill, WAOctober 10, 2018
Collect blood samples by venous, processed specimens, front desk data, and greeted patients with care. Had to be flexible for overtime l, organized and stocked supplies.
Worst place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2018
Racial biased company . Do not go there. Filipinos will eat u alive. And the managers sucks. They complain when u arrive only 4 mins late and complain when u leave 5 mins after
Nurse
Transplant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 9, 2018
Great place to work. Decent salary and benefits package. Tuition reimbursement offered. Flexible work hours with opportunity for telecommute. Work life balance.
Constant change in policies.
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MDOctober 9, 2018
Attendance, Skill Set Structure liable to change at any moment with very short notice. Incompetent supervisors. Training and refresher courses are limited.
Cog in the Machine
Senior Tableau Developer (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 8, 2018
Kaiser is good if you want to be just another cog in the machine. For development it is a very solo environment- with the project managers having an aversion to change.
Pros
Flexible Environment, Good co-workers
Cons
Too large and aversion to new technologies.
Medical Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MD 20910October 8, 2018
Enjoyed working at Kaiser. Had great benefits.
Relaxed atmosphere. All assistant needed was provided
promptly. Work related to medical claims. Training was provided.
Great Team Members
Regional Operations Managing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MD 20852October 8, 2018
I greatly enjoyed the team members at the Kaiser Rockville Regional Laboratory. The hours were flexible when . Everyone worked together to get the job done.
Pros
Celebrations throughout the year for helath awareness
Cons
Union Pay for workers could be more competitive
better job movement
Storekeeper II (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAOctober 8, 2018
it's not a bad gig, but seniority keeps you from moving up in the company. I would recommend working elsewhere unless you have some support that can help you move up.
Stay out of high profile jobs
Senior Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, CAOctober 8, 2018
The higher you go the more you are in competition and if the management changes to someone who doesn't like you, they pretty much will set you up to fail if you don' thave enough pull in the department.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
management, your just a number, favortisum

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2