Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Over all Kaiser is a good place to work.
Lead RN (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 7, 2018
Good place to work.
Good benefits
Opportunities to learn and get CEU's
Good group of people to work with.
Very, very busy unit
Too little staff for the amount of work that needs to be done
Love the patients and teaching staff, patients and families
Pros
Good education opportunities, good benefits, L &P partnership
Cons
Understaffed in all areas, missing needed equipment to be the most proficient
Fun and quiet
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJuly 6, 2018
Normally it was slow, but it was fun having to interact with my fellow volunteers and other people visiting the hospital. I enjoyed helping people find their destination, and rather fulfilling guiding mothers out of the hospital after their harsh experience giving birth and into a life of a parent.
Pros
Discount on lunches
Cons
Some rude people
N/a
Registered Nurse in 6 West Telemetry/Med-surg (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90027July 6, 2018
I love working for Kaiser. They have great system and greag benefits. They offer opportunities to grow in terms of career and education. Theyre very flexible with schedule
Great Technical and Management Environment, Learned a Lot
Sr. Technical Manager/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Silver SpringJuly 6, 2018
Enjoyable Culture and Environment, Very Interesting Work, Great Onboarding, Cross Functional Teams each had solid expertise,
Technical Implementation was quite gratifying to have been a part of.
Informative Upper Management. Excellently trained team staff. Overall: Good Place to Work and to Achieve.
fun workplace
active member (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHJuly 6, 2018
Great opportunity for a family work life balance. Such a caring organization can help change the world. Much of the time that spent with others is inspiring and helpful to grow as a person
Volunteering is a long process but overall good
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 6, 2018
The most enjoyable part of being a volunteer at kaiser is that we are able to help people that need help, another enjoyable part is that we are able to converse with patients and we get to know them, we are also able to learn more about their experience everything in order to improve systems.
Pros
Discountes, Lunch is paid for by kaiser
Cons
Short Breaks
Very good company to work for.
Quality Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 5, 2018
This is my 3-4th IT contract job with Kaiser (have not been offered a fulltime job as yet, but I am hopeful).
I have enjoyed developing robotic applications that processes paper medical claims via electronic processing systems; data analysis and reporting for Quality Outcomes team and TPMG group in Oakland, CA.
excelent benefits
Claims Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 5, 2018
I paid very little for my monthly benefits. The work days were long as they were runing a very lean department, stress became an everyday occurannce
Pros
Beneifits
Cons
long work hours
Very good
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 5, 2018
I worked in a positive environment ,like the people I worked with. We all believe in good health care for all our students. Like contact with students and staff .
Pros
Time off
Cons
No contact wth Kaiser.
Great benefits, work/life balance needs to be improved
STAFF RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 5, 2018
Depending upon the Manager and department your experience working at Kaiser Permanente will vary in regards to: work life balance and support from Managers.
Fast paced environment
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAJuly 4, 2018
Working in the administration department one had to always be prepared in case the State would walk in to investigate any patient complaints. Management for me was easy to support as long as you did your job and did it well. My job was to share in the responsibility with one other individual in the day to day functions of the office. The hardest part of the job was defusing an irate patient's family member. I was always successful.
Pros
often free lunches, coordinating hospital functions for staff morale
Cons
often no breaks
Ophthalmic Retina Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 3, 2018
I loved working for Kaiser Permanente, the pay and the raises were great and consistent, you were able to learn new things and management was very understanding if personal problems arose.
Pros
The consistent pay and raises
Productuve
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2018
Traveling to various locations troubleshooting IT issues. Independent working environment, meeting new people and collaborating with co workers on difficult IT related issues (ie upgrade of workstations).
Excellent workplace environment
Summer Youth Intern (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJuly 3, 2018
Kaiser Permanente was such a great environment to work in that made going to work every day exciting. A typical day at work for me was restocking linen and such, assisting in prepping health classes, answering calls, helping patients and etc. Everyone in your department are friends and from what I could tell occasionally held department gathering outside work to better know each other. They even held employee of the month where you got a paper crown and gift. You were to get your work done at a consistent and expected pace, yet everyone loved their job so there was no problems in that. The best part about working for Kaiser is the fact that the company implements such a healthy living for its workers that "thriving" is considered a cool kids thing.
Pros
Close-knit welcoming community
Cons
Constant reenforcement of rules
FNP preceptor ship
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJuly 2, 2018
I was given an excellant opportunity by being precepted at Kaiser through my FNP program . I am currently an employee working as a Registered Nurse and feel the care I am able to provide with my resources is excellant.
A place to work for the long term
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 2, 2018
Difficult to get into positions due to being union. Benefits are great but sometimes, due to seniority hiring practices, the most qualified and dedicated staff can be overlooked for promotions and positions. Overall work environment is positive.
By far-the best company I've worked for
Emergency Room Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 2, 2018
Very collaborative and efficient culture. People are happy and help others to succeed. Management does a great job training and helping employees. Great place to work
Enjoyed working at Kaiser
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 1, 2018
Provided good growth for me and lively hood for myself and my family.Provided many stepping stones in my career.The salary was good and benefits also.
Pros
Salary, growth
Cons
Strictness in policies
Good place to work.
Sr. Echo Technologist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento County, CAJuly 1, 2018
I will recommend this facility to anyone looking for any kind of work. They will take care of the employee and the family of the employee. They offer quarterly bonus by department that doing excellence job.
Collaboratve and supportive with a non-profit heart run dept
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 1, 2018
Great organization to work for and grateful to have been there for over 10 years.
Members and the community is our priority and you feel the level of care and support as an employee as well.. Many accessible resources are made available to enhance personal & professional development.
Pros
All but career advancement in my dept specifically
Cons
No career advancement in my specific dept

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2