Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Great workplace, great benefits, like family
Business Process Analyst-Trainer (Current Employee) –  Renton, WADecember 5, 2017
Love working for this company. It really like it family. Hard to find a job that you legitimately enjoy going to everyday. Everyone encourages advancement and/or decisions to leave because of relocation purposes.
Pros
Benefits, Wages, Pto
Very nice people
PRODUCTION ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Permanente, CADecember 5, 2017
The working environment was very dull. The entire office was full of old cubicles. Kind of depressing compared to an advertising agency. They did offer a chair massages every month.
Pros
Good health Insurace coverage
Cons
very dull environment
I love working for Kaiser
RN/Relief Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CADecember 5, 2017
I love working for kaiser wouldn't want to work anywhere else, the people I work with are excellent, the management is excellent, the pay and benefits are excellent
Hard to get hired
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 5, 2017
Volunteered only, never was successfully hired. I continually appplied for jobs but was not successful in getting a response. It was difficult to acquire HR's attention.
Pros
Discount Lunches
Cons
Beautiful Environment
Very good
Business Analyst/ETL Developer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CADecember 4, 2017
Nice place to work and good for career. Place is very relaxed but is very fast paced at the same time. Some managers like to micromanage but others are relaxed.
Great , friendly atmosphere, willing workers
Bone Density Tech (Current Employee) –  Martinez, CADecember 4, 2017
KP is a great place to work , because of the family feel that you have here. It can be very hectic and very busy, we often work short, but there is no shortage of help when you call and ask for it, no one ever says no. Management is very approachable, and easy to talk to, and have no problems taking ideas or suggestions from the lay staff.The hardest part of the job is a unhappy patient, when something goes wrong, or patient has waited a long time in the department. The most enjoyable part of the job, is a day when things have ran smooth the whole day long , and patients praise the work of the entire staff, and we get a "atta boy".
Pros
great staff, willing workers, helpful, and commaraderie
Cons
working short of staff, getting behind with the schedules, and irate patient.
Good Place to Work
Back Office Staffer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 4, 2017
Stable place to work. Finding a good manager can be hard sometimes. The pay and benefits is better than most. Lots of potential to grow. Hard to compare to other Hospitals as an employer.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
Can be stressful
Productive and workplace environment and a friendly atmostphere
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 4, 2017
Prepare patient for exam by explaining procedure, transferring them to ultrasound table, scrubbing skin and applying gel, and positioning them properly,

Observe and care for patients throughout examinations to ensure their safety and comfort.

Provide sonogram and oral or written summary of ultrasound findings to the radiologist for use in medical diagnosis.

Decide which images to include, looking for difference between healthy and pathological.

I learnt how to be patient and detailed oriented.
A dependable member of any medical team, always maintains the utmost professionalism with patients and colleagues.

We always have meetings according to matter arises, due to advancement in technology.

Productive and fun workplace environment, and a friendly atmosphere.

Team play, always work in group in decision making.
It is very fast pace.

It was family to me, They treated patients and staff with respect.

Patient comes first. They have love and compassion for their patients.
Pros
Christmas dinner for all staff
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes no break at all
Great Place to work
Senior Collections Analyst (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Buckhead, GADecember 4, 2017
Great work life balance, family corporate environment that places big emphasis on coworkers connecting with one another.The hardest part of the job was learning to step away from my work and socialize more to fit in with kaiser culture of having a workplace family environment The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to be creative and submit training documents for future collections representatives to use..
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
out of date healthcare collections processes
Good Company and great teamwork
RN Staff (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 4, 2017
I love my job. I work well with others, we have a great teamwork. Our charge nurses are very helpful with anything. We usually start our shift with a huddle regarding our patients, what to expect in the unit basically an update of what going on, what's new with the company. Sometime some recognition of an employee/s. Something manager share letter from patient. Next, we get out bedside report regarding our patient. I can honestly say all nurses work very hard and we are good on follow up with our patients needs and communicating with doctors. Managers have an open doors policy. I usually work full time Per Diem, they are very flexible when it comes to my work schedule as long as I fulfill my commitment. I work at night but usually pick up more hours during the day or different floor and sometimes different location.
Pros
I get recognitions on job well done
Cons
Skeleton schedule I don't really like but its workable
Good working environment with good support staff.
CT Tech and Lead technologist (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CADecember 4, 2017
KPMC is a patient oriented HMO. It is the business model that many health care systems envy because of it’s successes in care delivery to a diverse population.
The ability to stay at the cutting edge through research and reinvestment drives their vision.
Pros
Good staffing.
Cons
Slow to emplement change.
Great company
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDDecember 3, 2017
Great company but no advancement opportunities. The work life balance is great you can get vacation usually. It is based on seniority though. Insurance benefits are the main reason people stay working there.
Delivery of high quality care
Nursing Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 3, 2017
Fast paced environment focused on delivering the highest quality of care; focused on improvement of processes; internal competition to be the best of the best
Pros
Highest quality of care
Cons
Ever changing processes
Good Employment
Full-Time Travel MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 3, 2017
Working in California is hard to find. It is a huge company. There are many opportunities or moving around within the company. There are many functional group/ departments, you will definitely find one you feel comfortable to work in.

It’s constantly busy but that’s standard for healthcare companies today
Pros
Medical System
Cons
Work life Balance
It was a good learning experience as an infusion nurse
On-call Infusion Clinic Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 1, 2017
I learned a lot working there. It was a different work pace working as inpatient vs outpatient. Staff was very welcoming and kind to newcomer. Would definitely recommend it to anyone.
Productive and caring workplace
Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORDecember 1, 2017
I would highly recommend KP as the Beni fits are great and everyone to work with is always ready to smile, helping patients is something that really lifts a persons day. Patience don’t want to come in but if you can get them to smile then you both feel good by the time they leave.
Pros
Or lucks with nurses all the time, it’s like having a home away from him, almost every facility has a gym and bed room to sleep in
Cons
Short breaks, you have to be working a three minute window, or clocking in and out that mean within one minute of your start time, the minute you are start and one minute after, that goes for starting your day breaks lunches and clocking out for the day, there is a pyramid for how many tardys or other issues you have, get brought and you are fired it’s a three struck system really
Very stressful at time
Associated Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 1, 2017
Customer service and fixing invoices and answering the phone and answering emails and doing projects for my manager, assisting my co-workers, and vendor reconciliation
Good People
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GADecember 1, 2017
Everything was a team effort. We always had training regularly to keep agents abreast of changes. My days went by fast do to workload which has its pros and cons, but who wants to not work at work. It was never boring always constanct movment and things to be done.
Pros
Continual training
Cons
Shift bid
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 1, 2017
Volunteering was fun. All the staff was very nice to me. I only volunteered every Monday for 4 hours. I quit because I started to need more time to focus on my schooling.
Great place to work. Challening and plenty of opportunities for advancement
Sr. QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Corona, CANovember 30, 2017
Kaiser Permanente is a perfect organization for a career. Their are many opportunity's for job growth and advancement. It's up to the individual employee to decide where they want to go and to apply themselves to meet what ever challenges in order to succeed and do well and to thrive. To meet the expectations and go beyond these expectations in meeting departmental goals contribute to the success of the company.
Pros
Great benefit packages, medical and dental.
Cons
So much to do, so little time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2