Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Awesome workplace
Application development analyst (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduOctober 16, 2018
Great place to work. Lots of learning oppurtunities are given to the individuals. Basic training are provided which helps the individual at any experience for smooth landing into the project.
Very productive company
Remote Coder II/Auditor (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 16, 2018
Quarterly meeting with managers and directors help keep you afloat on what is to come with Kaiser Permanente.

Manager has monthly meeting to talk about productivity and things that can be approved. Manger also give you kudos for a job well done!
Pros
Vacation time, Diversity
Cons
Vision Insurance
Great benefits
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CAOctober 16, 2018
Great place to work. Can transfer to all Kaisers
Multicultural working environment. Great pay. Can chose health plan and dental plan . Offers 401k and pension plan. Basic life insurance. Family covered in medical plan.
Pros
Benefits working 24hr per week
Cons
There hire within furst
Terrible
Release Governance Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 16, 2018
Inept run company. Working for this company equated to going to prison every day of the week. Employees are treated just terrible. We are talking to the point of doing seat and productivity checks a few times a day. I was lucky to get out of there.
Cons
Machiavellian
Great Place to Work
OIS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 16, 2018
I enjoy working for Kaiser. I've worked here for 18 1/2 years and looking forward to many more. I work in a stress free department and I have the best co-worker and boss.
Excellent expetience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 16, 2018
Kaiser taught me how to be an or nurse. I loved this company and it’s atmosphere. I consider myself a kaiser nurse first. Legacy second. I miss the system and am working to return to it as soon as possible.
Pros
Many. Great benefits
Cons
Can Be pigeonholed
Fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 15, 2018
Call center based work, fast paced. You have to be a great listener, have fast typing skills, patience's, understanding and a fast learner. The calls are always back to back. Very busy, great benefits and discounts offered
Cons
Affordable healthcare, 401K matching program and paid holidays
A Collaborative and Fast paced job
EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAOctober 15, 2018
My experience working for Kaiser Permanente for the last two years was a great one. It taught me to work under stressful health critical situations with many coworkers and health care professionals. The management was organized at this facility. The hardest part of the job came on the days we were left understaffed. I enjoyed the pace and working with my colleagues serving patients in the hospital and clinic.
Great Place to work
Manager Respiratory Care Services (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAOctober 15, 2018
Kaiser offers a stable work environment with many opportunities to transfer from facility to facility. It it a large organization and can provide many advancement opportunities.
Gloomy place to work with much negativity.
Director of Referral Management/Clinical Review (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Hts, OHOctober 15, 2018
Did not care for the culture there. I did enjoy working with the physicians that we worked with and obtaining their perspective on the cases we had to review.
nice place to work
Acute hemodialysis tech II (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 15, 2018
I believe if KP was not a contract employment I am still working there at this time. I don't have anything bad to say but they are not strict and they want you to work hard and heavy due to high salary give . it's a very stressful place to work but nurses are nice
Good to work there, if you don't get laid off
Senior IT Consultant/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 14, 2018
Good place to work in IT in general. There is a culture you have to align with, but as a developer, I enjoyed working there, with both good and bad workers, until I was laid off.
Pros
Bonuses, Pto, Pension
Cons
Layoff without notice
work kp
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 13, 2018
Political organization. If one person does not like you. you will be ostracized. especially if its management. a follow the flock organization. Design patient and population-centered care to improve health outcomes. Integrate inter-professional care to improve safety/quality, and decrease cost of care. Evaluate the ability of existing and emerging information, communication, and healthcare technologies to improve care. Defend health policy that improves the experience of care, population health, and professional work life.
Pros
money
Cons
culture
Environment good
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAOctober 13, 2018
THe environment is pleasant, easy to work with providers and good clinic flow. Flexible, good to work with family life, encourage career advancement.
It's all about the money.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, OROctober 13, 2018
It's all about the money. The team I was assigned with were good people tied strongly to the annual bonus we got in the spring. The doctor I was hired to work for was age-biased towards me and was very uncomfortable and unprofessional.
work above my duty to help serve out patient better
Sterile Processing Technician III (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 13, 2018
I served Kaiser for over 35 years plus because I enjoyed my job and learning and developing my skills I advance in my skills my getting certify as a Sterile Processing technician and advance to Lead Technician, over 20 years of service. 2 - years of supervisor in the Surgery Department do scheduling and staffing the department.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
training programs
Good place for a smart, young manager
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 12, 2018
The Good:
Great benefits, better than average pay, many training resources, tuition reimbursement, zero tolerance for discrimination, excellent amount of paid time off, speak up culture, much transparency.

The Bad:
Too many unproductive meetings and not enough time given to fulfilling primary job responsibilities , 60-70 hour work week, little control over day-to-day operations, too much bureaucracy, out of date and inadequate IT systems, constant sense of overwhelm.

The Ugly:
Unions are given more influence over daily decisions than almost any other industry leading to combative, entitled employees and a virtual inability to remove ineffective people from their positions even after multiple infractions. This creates a frustrating and sometimes hostile work environment for lower and middle management.
Mindful and supportive work environment
Innovation Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 12, 2018
Loved my time at Kaiser! It was challenging and rewarding at the same time. Tons of wonderful people, service focused and caring company. I had several roles during the 8 years there and I've learned a lot while helping others deliver health services. A place to admire!
What I learned
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MDOctober 12, 2018
It has a very intense training program and before you start picking up the calls you're already well equipped. I learned a lot about health care and solving member's issues. In addition I improved my typing and listening skills because I was documenting at the same time listening to the member.
Pros
The pay is awesome especially in the Maryland region.
Cons
I had a difficult time because of my accent and I was discriminated upon in many instances.
phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAOctober 12, 2018
Determines and executes the best method for obtaining biological specimens from patients of all ages as required to include venipuncture, capillary, and heel-stick puncture to ensure quality specimens for testing.
Keeps client office staff abreast of new policies and protocols related to laboratory operations; investigates patient billing issues and works towards resolution.Centrifuge, aliquot, separate, refrigerate, freeze, or handle specimens as required to maintain specimen integrity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2