Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Managers need to be retrained for Kaiser policies
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Capital HillJune 17, 2018
Kaiser Permanente is a good place to work, but the past 4 to 5 years the managers at several centers have slipped out side people into jobs and current employees into jobs and purposely over looking the senior employees who have dedicated their lives and time to Kaiser, so when will the managers be held accountable for their wrong doings? The managers think they are above Kaiser Permanente rules and regulations and policies especially when it comes to the union book policies...
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Managers not fair and they play favorites
Account Admin Rep (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 16, 2018
This place would be a better environment with more production if the management staff would join in on the workload as well, then I feel the need to micro-manage would not be there.
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Petaluma, CAJune 16, 2018
Great place to work. Been there for a good while and still enjoy working for the organization. The people are generally satisfied with the direction of the company as they are usually on the cutting edge of the field.
Pros
Benefits are second to none
Cons
It was a nice place to work
Graphic Design/Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 16, 2018
It was nice being part of an organization devoted to improving people's health. Every project was focused on wellness, and it felt good. My coworkers were nice.
Pros
Nice co-workers, great benefits.
Cons
Low pay
Fast-paced call center can get stressful
Appointment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 16, 2018
Appointment clerk in the high-volume call center. Morning shift starts at 7am, must be ready to take phone calls at the computer right away. Callers are sometimes rude, so you must remain professional and calm.
Pros
pay is very good for per diem position
Cons
very strict on length of breaks and lunches
Members are priority
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  O‘ahu, HIJune 15, 2018
Good place to work at. Kaiser always prioritizes members so excellent customer service is expected from employees. Salary is above average. My supervisors are very competent.
High paying but inconsiderate health system
Traveling RN (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 15, 2018
As a traveler at Kaiser their services are lacking. They do not treat travelers well. The past is great but not worth dealing with the horrible scheduling, floating constantly and lack of considerate management.
Working at KP
Assistant Manager, Regional Offices Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 15, 2018
Working at KP is just like any other jobs with its pluses and minuses. The main thing to consider is the benefits that Kaiser has for its employees. They are tough to beat.
was a wonderful experience.
EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 15, 2018
wonderful experience the environment was unique and a collaborative effort to help the team work together and also move things as quickly and efficient and possible.
free lunches when you have in-services.
Circulating/Scrub Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJune 15, 2018
Team work. There is a lot of diplomatics in this organization. Difficult to advanced in your career. Everything is based on seniority and not effort. Well paid job... however if they do not like you, you are at high risk of losing your job. Union fees for life.
great place to be employed.
SURGERY SCHEDULER (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 14, 2018
I am very happy and blessed to work here. the best decision I have ever made, to start applying at kaiser daily for a month. I made a goal to place 5 applications daily in my field of employment and than a month later I got a call. best day of my life!!
Pros
great pay, benefits, bonuses, great raise
Cons
I don't really have a con
Intern
Internship (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 14, 2018
Such an amazing work environment. Loved everyone I was able to work with. All the nurses and aide were super nice to me, they treated me like family and were very welcoming.
Gym, food court and calm outdoor sitting area.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Buckhead, GAJune 14, 2018
Kaiser over all was great place to work. My manager and co-workers were very helpful. I didn't want to leave. But my contract ended. I would definitely work there if there's a permanent full time position available.
Pros
All meetings with free food.
Okay place to work
Sr. Operations Specialist, Strategic Projects (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJune 14, 2018
The culture here is mediocre. The benefits are great but dealing with people can be challenging but I think it's the same for most jobs. Management is not big on performance improvement and that may be due to the challenges with culture change. The hardest part of my job is obtaining learning opportunities, the most enjoyable is scheduling flexibility.
Pros
long term job
Cons
culture of leadership
Good pay
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJune 14, 2018
Has excellent pay kaiser is for the employees they give you time off when needed and also management is fine depending on what hospital you work at and what department your in
Good work place
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJune 14, 2018
Lots to learn and do . Plenty of good people to work with and around. It was a good working environment. The manegment is very easy to work with and fair.
Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJune 14, 2018
The quick lazy brown fox jumped over the moon. It jumped past the moon and landed on the other side of the planet. It started to walk back home but got lost on the way home.
hands on with patient
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJune 13, 2018
a day at Kaiser is hands on patient welcoming them with a smile.
comforting patient and giving patient knowledge of what to expected.

with respect and heart warming comfort.
specially with children.

and leaving knowing you made a difference on that patient visits with no pain involve.
Pros
patient coming back asking for YOU to serve them.
Cons
when patient is in pain and theres little you do but try to make them feel better.
PositiveFast paced environment.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2018
A typical day consisted of filing, pulling and assembling patient charts to have available for the staff to review. Pulling add-on and emergency appointment files.
Pros
Awesome health care benefits
Cons
Lots of reconstructing of environments.
Work Life Balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 13, 2018
Kaiser believes in work life balance. Great place to work. You have to be prepared to work in a labor partnership environment. There is a healthy workplace culture which encourage healthy living and workplace safety for all employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2