Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

One of the best company
HR Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAFebruary 23, 2018
Great benefits package
Great work environment
Keep employees update on new software implementation
There are a lot of opportunities in the kaiser system. They are constantly improving patient care and are getting better with employee satisfaction. Definitely a place to retire from.
Really slow paced and hierarchical
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 23, 2018
I preface this by saying that my opinion is specific to the entity and department that I work in. Pretty easy going depending on the time of year. Haven't learned as much as I would've hoped because management in my department is a mess. It's a great place to work if you're looking for a paycheck and great benefits, but for the young and ambitious it's a bit soul-sucking.
Slow paced highly political environment
Director of Strategic Large Programs Management (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 22, 2018
Senior leadership sponsorship was absent.

Ambiguity between Product Mgmt or Service Management existed in a few teams.

Sr. Leadership refresh happened far too many times in 3 years...
good pay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 22, 2018
Great pay and benefits but be prepared to work for it. In a typical day you will de-escalate many situations. Management will always expect more from you and don't think about taking days off.
Great Model
Hospital Administrator/Chief Operating Officer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 22, 2018
Kaiser Permanente Well Care Model is the future of Healthcare, Physicians are prevention focused and work hard to keep the membership healthy, staff and physicians are also members.
Pros
Great model, Focus on Prevention, great benefits
Cons
none I can think of
Great company but technology gaps make it stressful
Manager, Benefits Architect (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2018
Great company but technology gaps make it stressful. The lack of technology causes undue stress on employees.

Management also doesn't understand the needs of the department.

Some departments have great culture while others lack teamwork,
Pros
benefits, diversity
Cons
stressful, lack of appropriate technology
Productive and informative
Teleservice Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 22, 2018
On a typical work day, you will learn a lot as time goes on. The company and the opportunities they give are endless. I have learned a lot just working for the call center. You think yo are not helping people because there is not face to face contact but you really do help them out since you are point of contact for them when they call in for help. Management helps out a lot in an y situation you are placed in and the work place is a safe environment. The hardest part of the job is the volume of calls reps receive a day because every day to every month we get more new Kaiser members which will give you more calls to take a day. But for the most enjoyable part is the people meaning the coworkers. When you have a great team, the day and your shift seems to be easier.
Pros
incentives, people, benefits, pay
Cons
short breaks
Excellent Place to work
Administrative Specialist, Master Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 22, 2018
Depending on the department and the department head it is a great place to work. If there was Kaiser here in Utah I would still be working for them. I plan on moving withing the next 5 years to a state that has them so that I may work for them again.
Pros
Excellent Benefits and competitive pay
Cons
Can have a department heads that are disagreable
A great place to work
Teleservice Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 22, 2018
It was very family orientated. The employees were willing to help each other. The benefits were great. You get the to see the other side and what they go thru when you call.
Pros
the best benefits
Cons
low salary
N/a
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 22, 2018
This was my first job out of nursing school. I worked there for 12 plus years until I was to move out of state for personal family health issue. I loved working there
Good Salary
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 21, 2018
I like the pay and the benefits
Work 10 hours or more
Good collaboration with staff
Management understanding to life issues
Long hours - tired when leaving
Pros
Salary
Great place to work.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 21, 2018
Many people had worked there for years. Management was present and involved on the floor. Enjoyed providing patient care. Learned a lot about medical processes.
Pros
Good pay/benefits.
Cons
Lots of paperwork.
Stressful
Career Navigator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee County, WIFebruary 21, 2018
Usually a very long day, due to the interaction with clients regarding services and entering information. Requirements changes monthly for reasons for training.
Very busy but good place to work
CT Technologist Lead (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 21, 2018
Kaiser is not for the faint of heart. You must be dedicated and a hard worker to survive and feel a vital part of the team.
They have great benefits but it is a very busy place, whether at a clinic or hospital setting.
I enjoyed working for them but need to work my own schedule with less hours and less stress.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Very stressful work enviroment
Meh
Senior Team Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 21, 2018
Pros
Good Pay, Amazing Benefits <-- but not enough to keep me there.

Cons
People don't hold themselves accountable, poor leadership, everyone stuck on "this is how we've always done it", no willingness to change, poor support from HR to manage staff, etc.
What you know is not that important!
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 21, 2018
It's WHO you know NOT what you know. They don't give strong emphasis on education and certification. Warm bodies is all they care about not Quality of care.
Pros
New hospital and environment
Cons
competency and education is not their emphasis
Competitive
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 21, 2018
I really enjoyed providing informative information to the various counties relative to job seeking. The work environment was a little stressful but ok
great job
Outpatient Clinical Dietitian- RD III (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAFebruary 21, 2018
I had to solve a family situation. Unable to concentrate at that time. Not fair to people I was working with.I had to retire. Triws to go back but no opening.
Pros
Has and EAP
Cons
Needs to keep up with technology updates
Health Plan Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 21, 2018
There are many benefits to working with this large organization. Please keep your guard up a bit and just do your job. Too many times personal issues determine how middle managers will treat staff and it is often times not a fair or ethical environment. If you can take a job here and separate yourself enough from the job to just show up and do your job and leave- than you will succeed.
Current Manager
Nurse Manager-Specialty (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 21, 2018
Excellent organization to work with. Many opportunities of advancement if desired and motivated to grow. Great benefits and pay is top notch for non-management staff. Efficient computer skills is a must! Excellent customer service skills is mandatory. Must be willing to travel from time to time to different locations. Teamwork and effective communication skills must be unwavering. Best place to work hands down since I’ve lived in Atlanta, Georgia.
Pros
Benefits, potential for growth, pay
Cons
Travel. KPGA is spread out across Atlanta

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2