Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

As a Developer at Kaiser Permanente
Sharepoint Programmer (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CASeptember 21, 2018
Very Good Company.
Never had a trouble working with team.
Hard work and talent is the main goal,to success for long time employment.Good Staff and facilities.

-Swarna
Really doing it's best to be above and beyond
Charge RN/Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 20, 2018
I enjoy working for Kaiser. Since I was a student to present that I have 4 years of experience as a RN, this place has become my second home.

Great benefits. Great pay. Expect to work for it though.
I enjoyed working at Kaiser Permanente.
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 20, 2018
It was not easy being hired into Kaiser Permanente. Everyone wants to work there due to the benefits and salary they offer. I was grateful to be hired there. It was not an easy job. I worked in the call center for a number of years. You have to be fast and a quick learner. You must also take a number of calls per day and keep your average handling time at a certain level. There is a lot one will need to deal with including the attitudes of members, brokers, providers, and businesses. You also need to have a calm attitude and be able to handle difficult issues at times from members you speak with by phone. But all in all, the pay was awesome and the benefits helped me and my family through a few medical issues that we had to deal with over the years.
It was a hard job for me and I needed something less stressful so I accepted another job with less pay. But I have nothing bad to say about Kaiser. If you have the positive attitude, patience, and calmness for this type of work, then this is the place for you.
Pros
Great pay, excellent benefits, bonuses.
Cons
Short lunches, stressful, must have a lot of patience.
Secure Job that encourages Education and Growth
IT Consultant I (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2018
Excellent organization to work for overall. Minimal micromanagement and a true team environment. Patient care is priority #1, Employees are a close second to patient care.
Pros
Competitive Salary, Secure, and Very Supportive
Cons
Medium sized glass ceilings if you live outside of LA or Oakland
Very interesting, fun enviroment, opportunity in work advancements.
Health Plan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 19, 2018
* Very busy work place, unexpected changes in work flow process.

* To be open minded and willing to accept change at anytime.

* Management, very supportive & knowledgeable.

* Diversity, respect differences, good relationship with co-workers.

* Hardest part, was to make changes quickly in your daily work flow, coming from a Call Center enviroment, each call was very important, due to day to day changes, you need to be prepared and ready to answer new and updated changes.

* Love helping members, supporting the managers with their representatives, educating the representatives the process of work flow and processes. My job was very interesting and I enjoyed it.
Pros
Great Health Benefits/Room for Advancement
Cons
unexpected changes in work enviroment
Technical Project Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  WashingtonSeptember 19, 2018
Very easy place to work in. The company was flexible in terms of working hours and work time. The teams are well managed and there are a lot of opportunities to help people around.
job relocation
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CASeptember 19, 2018
I love working for Kaiser, just need to relocate for family, been there for almost 17 years, I started off as a float pool unit secretary, now I am full time, I answer phones, make appointments thru health connect, I page doctors, fax, order supplies, etc, I love my coworkers there like family
Wonderful
Mammography Technologist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 19, 2018
Wonderful place to work. Good environment and great co workers. Patient care is a priority. Everyone has a good sense of care and compassion needed to help all the members .
Great Place to work, great people, upper management needs training
LARGE GROUP MEDICAL UNDERWRITER (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 19, 2018
Kaiser is a great place to work. They truly do walk the walk with regards to work/home balance. Everyone I came in contact was nice and sincere.

I will say that management and upper management in MY department were never really firm in our rules and procedures.

For example, we would have meetings about how to approach different situations from sales, but we would do the exact opposite of what we talked about in a meeting less than a day old.

There was not as much support for our decisions by our management as I would have liked to see. I felt that we were constantly being told to "allow just this once" what ever crazy idea sales would come up with. Weather it was profitable or not.
Pros
Great people, great pay, great benefits. Location is nice
Cons
Need more support and ACTION from lower and upper management.
Informative working environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 19, 2018
Great place to intern. Got to work in different departments shadowing doctors and assisting patients. I got a taste of working in a hospital and was fortunate to have this opportunity.
a healthcare leader
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 19, 2018
Kaiser Permanente does well in taking care of its patients. When working in the clinic you will have a chance to see many patients. The work is challenging and rewarding.
Pros
commitment to healthcare
Good company with good caring staff
Quality Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 19, 2018
Great company to work for. Union puts a damper on things if your trying to advance though. It's not your skills but your years of service that gets you a promotion. Otherwise I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Benefits & quality of service
Cons
Union
overall good healthcare organization to work at
Sr Manager Finance (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 18, 2018
no great career advancement model, really dependent upon you individual manager / management team on how you are developed and many of the advancement opportunities. In my decade there saw both great manager that develop and look after employees and others that for various reasons to not develop or promote.

Overall very collaborative environment and consensus driven.

weird mix of some pressure and quick pace, also mixed with some slow moving and more laid back aspects (mostly due to collaboration requirement). A lot of long time employees may not pull their weight with little impact to them, luckily many are retiring each year or moving on as jobs change.
Pros
benefits, good company mission
Cons
advancement path not clear
work in progress
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 18, 2018
Very busy as Kaiser of WA is growing , stress is very high, benefits are great. Lots of unhappy employees. Care is great just access is bad. Hopegfully things will get better and have less managers .
I had a good working relationship with both my superiors as well as my co- workers ,I always enjoyed my job as well as being around my fellow workers
Warehouse Worker /Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CASeptember 18, 2018
When I first started I was not planning on a career , however after a while I decided to stay, and to this day do not regret my decision. I have always felt good about going to work. I have always recommended Kaiser as a great place to work and shall continue to do so.
Pros
good place to work, good people to work with and for, good salary and benefits
Cons
none that come to mind
Kaiser is not about people but about a bottomline
Creditialed Acupuncturist (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 18, 2018
18 years as a subcontractor, given 30 day notice and they treated me to lunch. How would you feel? Management's reason was cutbacks, while Kaiser makes billion a quarter and could not continue my contract for 8 hours a week.
Pros
people, caring for patient
Cons
despite management
Kp
MA (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 17, 2018
Kaiser has great benefits. It is a union company. They reimburse tuition in most cases. Its about a two week hiring process. Extensive background checks
Poor Management
Administrative (Former Employee) –  LAMC which covers Wilshire Bldg.September 17, 2018
Kaiser is a great place to work, however, mngmnt lacks professionalism, mngmnt & pple skills. If reported to HR, they sweep it under the carpet. I worked in 2 different depts, same/worse.
Pros
The benefits and pay
Cons
Bad management
Productive, efficient workflow and enviornment. Great place to work.
Emergency Department, Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harbor City, CASeptember 17, 2018
Blessed to be apart of this organization. Great team work, Great culture. compensation is generous. Management is fair, will work to accommodate as much as possible. The hardest part of job is night shift schedule, with few opportunities to change. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with an awesome team.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
shifts available
Staff Nurse IV (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 16, 2018
Best paying nursing job in the region Lots of opportunities for growth and development. Strong union and good benefits. Busy environment, great colleagues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2