Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Medical Assistant
Outpatient Clinic Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CA 94589December 9, 2017
I loved working there. The healthcare professionals were all very nice. We had a great team. Work was busy but I enjoyed being busy. Would like to work there again.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
the temperature was always so cold
Great environment with good people
Database Developer (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 9, 2017
My experience at Kaiser was very rewarding and enjoyable. I was surrounded by professionals and given all of the necessary resources to succeed. Good management with focus on teamwork.
very rewarding place to work at.
Nursing Attendant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 8, 2017
kaiser LAMC is a fast pace hospital. You always have to be on top of your assignment. Everyone tries to be a team payer and help each other. Every day you can learn a new lesson.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
short on staff
Fast paced work enviornment
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chino hills, CADecember 8, 2017
work flow is fast paced, robots would stop working and management was quick to blame employees for unfinished work. Other than that the work is quick, and pay is good.
Pros
benefits, paycheck is nice
Cons
not much time off, management doesn't understand work/life balance
Amazing
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 8, 2017
Best place to be. Great leadership and excellent role models. The nurses at Kaiser are everything I hope to be as an experienced nurse. They show compassion, critical thinking, and excellent nursing care.
I worked as IT technician
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 7, 2017
I worked as a contractor for 11 months. I travelled through Northern California, where is the Kaiser hospital located. I worked a graveyard shift. It is a fun work place.
Good Company, Free Health Care
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDDecember 7, 2017
Kaiser Permanente was a good company to work for and the free health care was a bonus. My job duties allowed me to expand upon my IT knowledge. There was no typical day during my tenure with Kaiser Permanente, which created a unique experience during each work week.
Great benefits
Pharmacy Service Manager, Outpatient (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CA 95688December 6, 2017
Kaiser took well care of their employees. They offered medical benefits for yourself and your family, paid vacations, sick leave, holidays and a 401K plan.
benefits
Cons
union
UNAC (union) is not helpful to new graduate RN
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CADecember 6, 2017
The main con with this company is that I have worked for them for 13years and I went back to school for my RN, BSN. The RN union fails to acknowledge my hard work and requires outside experiences.
Pros
staff are well paid
Cons
required oustide expirence to cross from union
Great workplace, great benefits, like family
Business Process Analyst-Trainer (Current Employee) –  Renton, WADecember 5, 2017
Love working for this company. It really like it family. Hard to find a job that you legitimately enjoy going to everyday. Everyone encourages advancement and/or decisions to leave because of relocation purposes.
Pros
Benefits, Wages, Pto
Very nice people
PRODUCTION ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Permanente, CADecember 5, 2017
The working environment was very dull. The entire office was full of old cubicles. Kind of depressing compared to an advertising agency. They did offer a chair massages every month.
Pros
Good health Insurace coverage
Cons
very dull environment
I love working for Kaiser
RN/Relief Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CADecember 5, 2017
I love working for kaiser wouldn't want to work anywhere else, the people I work with are excellent, the management is excellent, the pay and benefits are excellent
Hard to get hired
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 5, 2017
Volunteered only, never was successfully hired. I continually appplied for jobs but was not successful in getting a response. It was difficult to acquire HR's attention.
Pros
Discount Lunches
Cons
Beautiful Environment
Very good
Business Analyst/ETL Developer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CADecember 4, 2017
Nice place to work and good for career. Place is very relaxed but is very fast paced at the same time. Some managers like to micromanage but others are relaxed.
Great , friendly atmosphere, willing workers
Bone Density Tech (Current Employee) –  Martinez, CADecember 4, 2017
KP is a great place to work , because of the family feel that you have here. It can be very hectic and very busy, we often work short, but there is no shortage of help when you call and ask for it, no one ever says no. Management is very approachable, and easy to talk to, and have no problems taking ideas or suggestions from the lay staff.The hardest part of the job is a unhappy patient, when something goes wrong, or patient has waited a long time in the department. The most enjoyable part of the job, is a day when things have ran smooth the whole day long , and patients praise the work of the entire staff, and we get a "atta boy".
Pros
great staff, willing workers, helpful, and commaraderie
Cons
working short of staff, getting behind with the schedules, and irate patient.
Good Place to Work
Back Office Staffer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 4, 2017
Stable place to work. Finding a good manager can be hard sometimes. The pay and benefits is better than most. Lots of potential to grow. Hard to compare to other Hospitals as an employer.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
Can be stressful
Productive and workplace environment and a friendly atmostphere
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 4, 2017
Prepare patient for exam by explaining procedure, transferring them to ultrasound table, scrubbing skin and applying gel, and positioning them properly,

Observe and care for patients throughout examinations to ensure their safety and comfort.

Provide sonogram and oral or written summary of ultrasound findings to the radiologist for use in medical diagnosis.

Decide which images to include, looking for difference between healthy and pathological.

I learnt how to be patient and detailed oriented.
A dependable member of any medical team, always maintains the utmost professionalism with patients and colleagues.

We always have meetings according to matter arises, due to advancement in technology.

Productive and fun workplace environment, and a friendly atmosphere.

Team play, always work in group in decision making.
It is very fast pace.

It was family to me, They treated patients and staff with respect.

Patient comes first. They have love and compassion for their patients.
Pros
Christmas dinner for all staff
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes no break at all
Great Place to work
Senior Collections Analyst (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Buckhead, GADecember 4, 2017
Great work life balance, family corporate environment that places big emphasis on coworkers connecting with one another.The hardest part of the job was learning to step away from my work and socialize more to fit in with kaiser culture of having a workplace family environment The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to be creative and submit training documents for future collections representatives to use..
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
out of date healthcare collections processes
Good Company and great teamwork
RN Staff (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 4, 2017
I love my job. I work well with others, we have a great teamwork. Our charge nurses are very helpful with anything. We usually start our shift with a huddle regarding our patients, what to expect in the unit basically an update of what going on, what's new with the company. Sometime some recognition of an employee/s. Something manager share letter from patient. Next, we get out bedside report regarding our patient. I can honestly say all nurses work very hard and we are good on follow up with our patients needs and communicating with doctors. Managers have an open doors policy. I usually work full time Per Diem, they are very flexible when it comes to my work schedule as long as I fulfill my commitment. I work at night but usually pick up more hours during the day or different floor and sometimes different location.
Pros
I get recognitions on job well done
Cons
Skeleton schedule I don't really like but its workable
Good working environment with good support staff.
CT Tech and Lead technologist (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CADecember 4, 2017
KPMC is a patient oriented HMO. It is the business model that many health care systems envy because of it’s successes in care delivery to a diverse population.
The ability to stay at the cutting edge through research and reinvestment drives their vision.
Pros
Good staffing.
Cons
Slow to emplement change.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2