Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

The best place I’ve ever worked with a solid mission, vision and values
Director, Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2018
During my 16 years at Kaiser Permanente, I was afforded the opportunity to advance within the company five times. They promote from within, give you the opportunities necessary to learn, grow and promote within the organization.
Pros
Well run organization from the CEO down, fantastic people working for the organization and fantastic numbers
Cons
Downsizing that took place in 2016
Summary
Sr. Manager Provider Experience (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 19, 2018
Great mission and model. Need to work on people issue, Putting the right people in the right place and instilling accountability. Taking strategic plans...putting to action and measuring for success
Benefits
Cons
Lack of accountability, Top Heavy in management, lack of opportunity for advancement
Lack of leadership support
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 19, 2018
Leadership expects more work from employees with less raises every year. Everything moves slowly due to the size of the company. Hard to get decisions. No budget for education and training. It's mostly who you know rather than what you know to move up.
Pros
good benefits and pay
Cons
no advancement opportunities; no leadership support.
It was great working for Kaiser the first couple of years
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CA and Elk Grove, CAJuly 19, 2018
That changed when the administration changed management to business administrators replacing those in management with medical background. Quotas were more inportant. The Thrive mission did not apply to employees.
Pros
wages
Cons
became more about cost than human care
Great Place to work
Hardware Technician (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 18, 2018
Have none, only work their for days. The team was great to work with, I enjoy the job. It was a safe place. Plenty of parking. Love the work hours. Everyone was very nice.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Hire for 30 days
Great Work life Balance
Business Relationship Consultant, Sr (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed working here.

Kaiser Permanente is a large comlex organization with several teams and services providers. It does not have a formal new hire training program and is best for experienced hires. It rarely promotes from within and has very little appeal towards millenials. Though they are working to correct that.
Pros
Self Starter Thrive
Cons
Weak Training
Productive Company
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 18, 2018
Kaiser Permanente is a great work place for new hires and current employees. I would recommend anyone in the healthcare field to apply to Kaiser Permanente
Summary
Solution Consulting Lead - Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 18, 2018
Good place to work. Not very much advancement opportunities. Looking for more advancement opportunities. also looking for more training opportunities.
Amazing Mission and True Alignment Behind Quality Care
Operations Support/Director (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 17, 2018
Kaiser Permanente in Hawaii truly keeps the patient in the middle. We work hard--and I mean hard--to accomplish our mission of providing high quality and affordable health care.
Pros
Mission-Focused, Strong Growth Opportunity
High demand for quality and care.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90027July 17, 2018
The call volume is high and very demanding. It can be stressful if you aren't accustomed to having to be on the phone the entire time you are scheduled to be.
culture interesting but can use improvement
Lead Mobile IT Engineer and Mobile PM (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 17, 2018
Kaiser working culture is interesting. Staff perform their jobs and assignments typically but some need an extra push. Lack of accountability makes the dynamics a bit difficult to work with. Overall good place to work although salary is not as competitive as desired
Pros
good benefits, ability to work alone minimum supervision, ability to thrive and bring new ideas to the table
Cons
Salary, lack of accountability, promotions focused on close relationships
good place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MDJuly 17, 2018
great benefits, i had a good manager, was willing to help me improve on my calls, as this was a call center. working hours were 12:30p to 9p, only was to get a shift change was through a shift bid, has a union and that was based on seniority.
great
DevOps and Cloud Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 17, 2018
Great place to work if you are a working mother! The people are super nice. A great workplace culture. The benefits aren't all that great, but there is so much flexibility for work that includes work from home option
Monitor Technician 7West and ER (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 16, 2018
Great company. Opportunities to grow. Needs to be more divers cultural wise. Management needs more professional developlment and also to be more divers.
Pros
great compensations
Cons
break difficult
Unstructured training
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJuly 16, 2018
Unstructured training as job training policies indicated.

Management not supportive of culture diversity

Toxic workplace culture.

I enjoyed working with Kaiser Permanente patients
exercise and massage monthlhy
Advice Nurse (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJuly 16, 2018
Received hundreds of call throughout the northern california. Very busy Call Center.
Hardest part of the job is not be able to see member but to listen only.

Most enjoyable part of the advice nurse is to be able to assist member, even at the phone service.
Pros
Good gifts and recognitions
Cons
A very busy place
Great environment, promoting health care
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 16, 2018
I enjoy working with the people I came in contact with. Most employees were friendly and hospitable. This was a volunteer position, so there is limited information for me to give.
Pros
Promotes health and wellness
Cons
n/a
management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAJuly 16, 2018
I believe that Kaiser would be benefit from rotating managers and assistant managers. Recognition should be given for level of education. Managers should be highly educated in business management.
Pros
open door policy
Cons
getting too comfortable in a union protected environment
So far okay place to work
Executive Vice President and Advisor HROM (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2018
Too early to tell all. So far I have been able to push the HROM agenda narrative and agenda that I have created.

I am working at one acceleration site and have had some limited success so far. We will need to step it up in the next couple of months in order to accommodate all of the changes necessary.

Their management culture is way too reliant on update meetings at the executive level. This is indicative of organizations that don't yet totally trust their employees.
Unprofessional workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 15, 2018
Very unorganized and unprofessional, barely could depend on management, work environment was also very unprofessional. No job security at all, they fire people for random reasons, and they are very unorganized.
Cons
Unprofessional and unorganized.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2