JCPenney Employee Review

An example of how poorly retail can go
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJune 25, 2019
JCPenney treated myself and fellow coworkers the worst out of every place I have worked. You were constantly watched to make sure you weren't talking to coworkers. Shifts were subject to change without any notice, I had to check my online schedule multiple times a day to see if I was suddenly work or if an entire shift was gone. We were worked back to back 12 hour shifts for a week and then a final 12 hour shift that turned into 16 hours when they wouldn't let us leave because it was the day corporate was coming to check. And then anyone who was hired that summer got no hours for weeks. Our employee bathroom was without soap for weeks and they eventually threw in a bottle of hand sanitizer.
The only reason it doesn't deserve 1 star is because I know there has to be worse jobs out there.
Pros
discounts
Cons
changing shifts, poor management, zero respect for employees

Other JCPenney Employee Reviews

fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VA 23834July 18, 2019
it is a great in between job or part time employment. Great benefit would be discount to all employees. great place to meet friends and to shop; reasonable pricing
Jcpenny children’s sept cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAJuly 18, 2019
Very relaxed check dressing rooms we would get long lines but we wouldn’t feel that rushed. We were encouraged to get credit apps we were paid extra 5 bucks each so we got submitted as a motivator which was cool.

56.4K