JCPenney Employee Review

An example of how poorly retail can go
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJune 25, 2019
JCPenney treated myself and fellow coworkers the worst out of every place I have worked. You were constantly watched to make sure you weren't talking to coworkers. Shifts were subject to change without any notice, I had to check my online schedule multiple times a day to see if I was suddenly work or if an entire shift was gone. We were worked back to back 12 hour shifts for a week and then a final 12 hour shift that turned into 16 hours when they wouldn't let us leave because it was the day corporate was coming to check. And then anyone who was hired that summer got no hours for weeks. Our employee bathroom was without soap for weeks and they eventually threw in a bottle of hand sanitizer.
The only reason it doesn't deserve 1 star is because I know there has to be worse jobs out there.
Pros
discounts
Cons
changing shifts, poor management, zero respect for employees

Other JCPenney Employee Reviews

productive
Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 23, 2019
everyday making sure your work area is clean and neat, people are great to work with the hardest part is getting credit apps and the most enjoyable part is getting to know more people
Pros
discounts
Jcpenney was my first job and I enjoyed working with everyone there.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILSeptember 23, 2019
Since Jcpenney was my first job I didn’t really know what to expect but I really liked how they respected your hours/availability, the only part I didn’t like was the changed in pay rate after the holidays.

56.5K