JCPenney Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Fun At that time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 13, 2018
I was a first time college student at the time 2years out of high school. This job was fun at that time. I was the sales associate for the Homes Department. The employees worked together as a team.
Horrible
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, MDAugust 13, 2018
This JcPenney does not care about their employees, they give horrible hours and basically want people who will live the lifestyle of “JcPenney or die”. If you don’t have a perfect flexible schedule they will only work you one day when you can work 5 or so days.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Not enough hours, bad management, too many employees
not bad at all
JCPenney Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2018
best job i've had compared to my past

customers are great and you begin to enjoy
hearing about others and their experiences and upcoming events that lead them to the store that day
Pros
great people there
Cons
communication issues
Slow work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAAugust 12, 2018
It was always very slow in my department. During the holidays, the traffic picked up and it got busy. We always got little prizes for getting (ICAPS) which means when we got customers to sign up for a JCPenny credit card and saved them 20-25% off
Pros
Short days
Cons
Under paid, dirty, unreliable
Very productive place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jr. DepartmentAugust 11, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of me assisting customers and being a model employee.

JCPennys sharpens my skills as a person, those skills I use in everyday life.
Pros
Great space, great people
Cons
The store closed down
ok place to work
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAAugust 11, 2018
good place to work for a student, flexible schedules are offered and management is understanding. Not a good place to try and make a career. No advancement opportunities are offered they mostly hire from outside.
Racist Managers
Jcpenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 10, 2018
As the store is supposed to welcome all its customers, it only welcomes selective group of people. Some managers and supervisors will wait around looking for people of color to stalk presenting to shop while monitoring the entire shopping of the people of color. The store is very racist and only employs a few people of color to covers up how racist they are.
Pros
drives sales really well
Cons
there is much racism
The hardest part of the job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLAugust 10, 2018
The hardest part about working at my particular JCPenney is that there isn't a proper training program. When I first started, I felt very unprepared and unaware of what my job was supposed to be. There are so many different situations that employees are thrown into everyday that can be overwhelming to an employee who does not have prior experience in a retail background.
Okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  National City, CAAugust 9, 2018
The people who work thier all suck nice people. The work environment is alittle slow, but the managers are for the most part relaxed. Problems were non existent n I enjoyed working thier
Great staff to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAAugust 9, 2018
I mainly worked in shoe department for this company. We would assist customer and direct them in which ever way they needed. I learned how to work a register and not to take everything personally.
Pros
productive and active
Cons
dealing with difficult customers
Stressful
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHAugust 8, 2018
Management does not appreciate anything the sales associates do and they are ungreatful. Too much work and not enough pay. Management definitely plays favorites
Great for a second job.
JC Penny Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAAugust 8, 2018
Job offers great employee discount on merchandise. May only get twenty something hours per hours for regular workers. Managers more. Pretty hair salon.
Pros
Store discounts
Cons
Pay
Great place for first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLAugust 7, 2018
My first job into retail and it was an amazing experience. Every time I went to work, it would be an great. Everyone that I worked with treated me with respect and professionalism.
Pros
professional
Cons
nothing
Friendly yet proffessional environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAAugust 7, 2018
I walked in and the first manager I saw would greet me and tell me what area I was working in. I learned my customer service skills from a few fellow co-workers. This environment was an opportunity I will never forget and I still want to go back.
Pros
Friendly yet proffessional environment
Productive place to work.
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCAugust 7, 2018
Only worked in the store temporary assignment. Nice place to work but wasn't there long enough to really give any accuracy for employees.

Was always reminded that I was temporary and was never allowed to use cash register....never knew why.
Pros
Always great food and deserts during Christmas holidays
Cons
Did not work for this store long enough to really see cons
stressful on my feet constantly
Sales associate for the men's department (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 7, 2018
stressful, on your feet for 6+ hours. 15 minutes breaks, 30 minute lunch. Lots of bending, recovery of retail materials, folding of clothes, and worst is clientele
Cons
stressful
Stressful around holidays but fun and friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILAugust 7, 2018
I worked during the Christmas season and it was very stressful at times. Other than that it was a very good environment to work in. The other employees were very patient during training and helped out a lot when I first started.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Short breaks
Jcpenneys
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAAugust 6, 2018
I've worked at 3 different locations and the Covington location was SUPERB!! Management was always friendly, outgoing and helpful everything flowed easily. As for as the other 2 locations everything was of urgency and management was very challenging. Typical work day was stressful because of attitudes and what I've learned is to do the opposite and that's to utilize team members skills...show recognition
Enjoy working with Just.C. Penny
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCAugust 5, 2018
Only work 1Month 2 Week. Company went Out-Of-Business. I love Working with New Employee, learning New Work Environment. Learning New and Different Merchandise Come In. How to remove Merchandise to different location. Pull Old Merchandise off rack
Good Starting Place for New Hires
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bluefield, WVAugust 5, 2018
Unless it's the holidays, the work day can be pretty slow. I've learned how to operate the cash register, and how to help customers find what they need. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with the more rude people and not having any air in the building. I really enjoy my coworkers and the majority of my managers and supervisors.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Short Breaks, No Health Benefits, Some terrible management

55.7K