JCPenney Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Found 4,959 reviews matching the search See all 20,459 reviews
fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VA 23834July 18, 2019
it is a great in between job or part time employment. Great benefit would be discount to all employees. great place to meet friends and to shop; reasonable pricing
J.C. Penney
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 18, 2019
Greet customers upon arrival
• Assist customers with any questions they may have concerning a purchase
• Assist customers with refunds, returns, and resolve common complaints
• Maintain a clean and neat stock area
JCPenney credit card
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 18, 2019
This job was very easy job, but the only thing was getting the customer to apply for the jcpenney credit card. The managers always make sure that we get at least 2 credit cards a day.
Slightly above average retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJuly 18, 2019
JC Penney's can be considered to be one of the "better" retail jobs that one can be employed by. The experience that you have at any JC Penney's is almost completely dependent on management. When management communicates with each other and can create plans for associates to follow, then things are wonderful. But when management does not communicate with each other, it can be very chaotic for other associates.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 17, 2019
I enjoyed working at JcPenney. This location was very organized and the managers were very professional. It was a great work environment and I loved working at the cash registers.
Love this company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 17, 2019
All-around good company. Nice people, good investment to be in. Growth opportunities, great pay, good learning experience. Had a wonderful time working for thw company.
JCPenney Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 16, 2019
JCPenney is a wonderful place to work! Management could use a little work, but every other aspect is positive and run phenomenally. Very accommodating to employee needs and willing to work at your pace when learning new skills on the job.
I liked working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHJuly 16, 2019
The job at jcpenny was decent. Some concerns were that the management was very poor and there was some weird relationships with managers which was very inappropriate
Great place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 16, 2019
Great place to work at, fun place to work at, clean restrooms. Good customer service. Well organized work place.Provided great coupons. High quality merchandise. With great prices/
Very good
JCPenney Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYJuly 16, 2019
I really love my job at Jcp but some of the coworkers are highly disrespectful. The customer were really sweet and caring. The job was fun. Everything is pretty good
Monotonous
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJuly 15, 2019
Lots of pressure from management to sign people up for credit cards, they will pull you aside to tell you to sign more people up. Fairly monotonous work
It was ok 😊
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 15, 2019
The management is why I left, They have cut everyone's hours so I had to quit, I'm about making money not being used but barely paid. That's not how employees are suppose to be treated.
Enjoyed my job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 15, 2019
jcp was my home away from home .. enjoyed going to work everyday ,from working with my coworkers to engaging with the customers .The best part of working at jcp was so family orientated. miss my jcp family
Pros
the holidays dinners, the discounts
Cons
health care, short breaks
Fantastic place
L.O.D/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 14, 2019
Fantastic place to work great for first time jobs. Great flexible hours safe environment your challenges and helped provide solutions. A great community to work for
Has its ups and downs
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 14, 2019
The managers were pretty nice but as a whole between all associates and managers, it wasn't as connected as it could've been. Also communication and scheduling needs work. Some associates would have to work the register and recover their department by themselves. This caused problems being able to get everything done before closing. Better communication is also needed, they have morning meetings before opening and people who don't have opening shifts sometimes miss important info and never get told later.
JCPENNY'S is a nice place to work. I love the customer interaction and the commission opportunity.
Sales Associate/Windows Expert (Current Employee) –  Montclair, CAJuly 14, 2019
I have been working evenings and weekends at JCPENNY'S for almost 10 years. Starting as a seasonal cashier to now working in Home Specialty where I sell Custom Windows, Shutters and also Mattresses. My hourly base is 13.25 plus commission which makes up for the base rate and part time hours worked.
Do not work here!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJuly 13, 2019
Horrible place to work. Managers are constantly on your butt for simple tasks, penny raises, no chance of moving up, no hours, I could go on and on. Please do yourself a favor and look somewhere else. The place is going under anyway. Not worth your time.
This job is based on commission
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJuly 13, 2019
They start you out with normal hours but if you’re not a person who’s good at making sales then this job isn’t for you. Within a few weeks your hours will be deducted without anyone notifying you. I found out from former employees that you’re only valued for the amount of credit cards you sell. If you don’t sell the minimum amount that’s required then expect to have your hours drastically cut the following week without notice.
Sometimes fun place to work, but high school setting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 12, 2019
It's like being in high school working at JC Penney. The management is touch and go, it just depends on who is there. Closing shifts sucked during holidays because we would get stuck there until 2am, just cleaning the store. I loved that the store had to be cleaned before leaving, but when everyone doesn't pull their own weight, it makes it impossible. While working in the men's department for a short period of time, I was sexually harassed by the customers often. No one did a thing about it.
Pros
Water in break room, time off requests usually accepted within reason
Cons
High school feel, tend to customers after store is closed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 12, 2019
During the two years I worked at JCPenney, I noticed that even though the associates came and went, the focus on making sure the customers left elated remained. It was fun talking to the customers and getting to know them while also maintaining great customer service.
Pros
prizes if we applied someone for the JCPenney card, free food on holidays
Cons
short breaks, not very organized for tasks

56.4K