JCPenney Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

JC Penney
Sale associate (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 18, 2018
Skills
Additional Information
handling and sanitation techniques Extensive knowledge of sanitary practices for large scale industrial kitchens working knowledge of commercial kitchen equipment Experience with all of medium to l arge catering event requirements and implementation
Pros
30 minute lunch
Cons
15 minutes
Long Days, Low Pay. No Respect, Backstabbers
Men's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 18, 2018
Long days on your feet folding and sorting clothing. A phone that never stops ringing, yet you are expected to answer it and help customers and make sure that your department is presentable at all times. You work yourself nearly to death and if anything is wrong with the department, it is you, not your fellow co-workers that get written up because you are the new guy and the manager is friends with everyone else. Being passed up for promotions in spite of the fact that you have a college degree and stable work history (unlike your coworkers who do get promoted). Seeing know nothing, spineless, passionless kids get promoted instead of you (despite the fact that you work harder than they do). Ultra bleeding heart liberal culture that looks down on you for your conservative views. A culture that "promotes diversity" so long as it is in no way conservative. Putting up with all of this for a measly $8 an hour and watching people with less experience than you get a promotion and make 30K a year.
Pros
None. You lose more going to and from work than you make.
Cons
Everything. Never work here!
Relaxed work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 18, 2018
Great company to work. The work hours were set. The work environment was very relaxed and great way to learn and improve your customer service skill. Management is very nice
hard to grow
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CA 94509November 16, 2018
it was difficult to move up in this company but eventually they will look at you as a potential benefit to themselves. be sure you know what you want.
Productive environment, but had some problems
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WANovember 16, 2018
JCPenney was a work environment that depended on the costumers values. Other than that the workers started to create problems within themselves making a lot of people uncomfortable.
Seeking your potential
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PANovember 16, 2018
It is a fun place to work. I had been trained in all departments and that helped me move up in the company. They quickly look for your potential and get you moving in the right direction.
Run the other way
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXNovember 15, 2018
Horrible management, no one communicates or is on the same page. HR supervisor is actually the cause of many problems in the store, not qualified for the position, and even going so far as to bully/harass employees. No real training or company standards provided to employees. "Full time" is 32-38 hours a week so they never have to provide health care. Part time hours are not consistent and are subject to how much HR supervisor likes you at any given time. Many employees have had to seek out alternative second jobs or new ones entirely.
Pros
its a job
Cons
pay, healthcare, management, work environment
fun working place
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYNovember 14, 2018
i enjoyed working for this company the environment and people were amazing to work for i learned a lot while working here I miss it everyday and recommend working here
Pros
i learned alot of different things that would be helpful later on
Cons
i dont think there is any i can list
Visuals
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VANovember 14, 2018
Visually out of date. The store's outline for their mannequins and visual displays around the store were not appealing or interesting to the customer.
Fair place to work
Shoe Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDNovember 14, 2018
A typical day at work would consist of many different tasks. As a sales associate I would assist in unloading inventory and stocking inventory on the sales floor. Adjusting prices and displaying inventory was done as requested by supervisors. Selling inventory and providing customers with discounts was the main objective.
Fun, Productive, Easy Going
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 12, 2018
This was not only my first job but also my favorite job I have ever worked, due to a sad misunderstanding the job came to an end. I worked in the men's accessories department (suits, ties, tuxes, dress shirts etc) as my trained department, after that was easily mastered I was sent to work in the Levis department (Jeans etc) and the left over men's departments (Sports, casual etc) Management was fairly decent but there was a lot they didn't teach you nor did your appointed mentor teach you, often you were left alone with barely any idea how to manage things. Hardest part was not having any idea what to do during rushes or when no one was around and everything looked spotless, though when people finally showed up to help out you were kindly explained how things worked, always kind staff never any anger shown in this work environment. The best part of the job would have to be how at home and relaxed this job feels, I always looked forward to working here, every shift.
Pros
Friendly, Relaxed, Easy
Cons
No instructions, no training, often left alone
Hard work and good pepole to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grass Valley, CANovember 10, 2018
Typical day at work Ringing up clients orders, helping with questions ordering things in catalog.
What have I learned Strong sale skills
Hardest part of the job is to get customers to sign up for Icaps
Pros
good hours during holidays
Cons
Icaps
Great employees!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 10, 2018
Worked seasonal and was not notified that i was working seasonal. Management needs to communicate better with the employees. Too many daily mishaps due to lack of communication with employees.
Pros
Free lunch during the seasons
Cons
Management needs to be a lot better
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ashwaubenon, WINovember 9, 2018
seasonal employee
I only filled in for one holiday It was fun and interesting not an easy job but it was fun. gave me a new appreciation for sales staff and treating others with respect
Pros
seasonal employee
Cons
seasonal employee
Very fast paced
Sales Associate/Part Time (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CANovember 9, 2018
Big company. Retail is more than standing at the cash register. The work is fast paced. You can be in one department in the morning and another in the afternoon. During sales promotions it's even faster.
Pros
Like working with the team.
Cons
Hard work and being on your feet all day is tiring.
Stressful, unenjoyable place to work.
JC Penny Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILNovember 9, 2018
My experience as a sales associate at JCPenney of Freeport was brief, stressful, and honestly, miserable. The training from management was lacking, and unfortunately the store manager was short with me and made me dread coming to work each day. The only positive were some of my co-workers who made me feel welcome and answered my many questions.
Pros
Nice co-workers, nice employee discounts.
Cons
Horrible management and lack of training.
great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 9, 2018
I liked working at Jcpenney's , the discount was awesome . I first started working at penney's 21 years. A lot of the same people still work there and they know who I am
Productive and good learning experience.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARNovember 9, 2018
It is a good job especially to start out with and has good pay and a flexible schedule. The managment can be kind and are understanding. There are great benefits that can be included and hours are good.
Pros
Good pay. good atmosphere. Flexible schedule. managment is kind and understanding for the most part.
Wonderful place to work at!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVNovember 8, 2018
I was only seasonal help, but it was a wonderful time working there. They worked with both my school and other job schedule and gave me the days I needed off as well. All of the coworkers are very friendly and sweet and you grow as a family with them.
Pros
Discounts
Great Place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Maysville, KYNovember 8, 2018
Management is amazing! Very flexible scheduling! Very fun coworkers! Management is also very helpful and understanding! I love working here! Very easy to learn register system too!

55.9K