JCPenney Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Found 609 reviews matching the search See all 20,995 reviews
Fun and Friendly
Retail associate (Former Employee) –  Carson, CASeptember 18, 2019
The experience was fun and offered a lot of opportunities to move up. The coworkers were nice and friendly. They encouraged a positive attitude and trained us for excellent customer service.
I hated working here
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTSeptember 16, 2019
The management was horrible you always had a continually changing schedule. You could never get days off, you would ge called in and told you were placed on the schedule a few hours before your shift.
No hours work all hoildays
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 16, 2019
I got tired of working on thanksgiving not enough hours no good mangers rude coworkers gotta work all hoildays stay open later than the mall mangers don't no how to respect you very rude bad attitude
Pleasent for the most part
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oost-VlaanderenSeptember 12, 2019
pleasant for the most part , management isn't that great , very poor, no define structure , Me taking care of my customers because I am a peoples person.
Cons
short brakes
Fun place to work, but poor productivity
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 6, 2019
JCpenney is a fast pace environment to work, there is a lot of interaction with customers as well as coworkers and managers.
You will get great discounts for you and your family.
Make a lot of new friends, walking a lot for a long period of hours.
But JCPenney is a company that if suffering a lot in the market and they have to cut down in a lot of thing in other to keep afloat, but that affect the employees too, cutting a lot of hours for us and having not other choice than leave JCpenney for that reason.
I learned to be organize, work fast with efficiency, take care of people, I learned handle the money at the cash register and handling hard situations with dissatisfying customer. The hardest thing was working at the children Department when we have to fold and take care of the little tiny cloth for babies and tootlers and working on Black Friday.
Good people bad management and everything else no hours and its always a mess management does not trust its workers
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 4, 2019
Hated working there barely any hours and always understaffed so we had to do extra work for very little fricking pay and dont even think about a raise cuz it wont happen.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Calm, fun place to work with great employees
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYSeptember 3, 2019
Relaxing environment to work in. Ability to lift and stock shelves and fold clothes is a must. Money management and closing out registers is needed as well. customer service is key!!
I love JCPenney's everything about it it's like family there
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Great Northern Mall North Olmsted OhioSeptember 1, 2019
I would always recommend anyone to work for JCPenney or to work there they have great merchandise co-workers work together and are concerned about what the store looks like and how we help each other we work as a team we never leave it just to one person JCPenney is a good family company
You have to work your way around to see what you can do to either have a nice time or move up.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 30, 2019
You get to meet some really nice people and potentially make some really cool friends but unless the managers like your or you get along with them, you won’t get as many hours as you expected and they’ll notice the things you do wrong more than the things you do right
under staffed, but a good place to work at
Floor sales associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 22, 2019
Learned proper customer service and to deal with problems that came up unexpectedly in a professional manner. Enjoyed working in teams with co-workers
Pros
discount for employees
Cons
short breaks
Very nice amd fun job.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAAugust 17, 2019
It was a fun and nice little job to work for at the time .very nice people and friendly .mg ware realey nice and fair at times over all it was a ok part time job lots of nice customer i had a good time.
Good
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLAugust 16, 2019
Making sure everyone around me was staying on task , making sure the customers come in happy as well as leaving happy , making sure the store is running how it’s supposed to on a daly !
The manager was kind an polite
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 15, 2019
I enjoy working with the store making new friends great team I love working at JCPenney‘s I would truly like to learn more about JCPenney’s because I’m in a store manager class
Improvement in managers needed. Merchandise is neat.
Sales Floor/ Shoe Departments (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 12, 2019
My training could have been so much better. never really trained. Managers are not serious enough for where we work. To much messing an screwing around. Workers need to be more supervised. But I love the brand and stuff we sell.
Pros
merchandise
Cons
not much training. workers mess around so much
great place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAAugust 8, 2019
lot of fun people to work with, advancement opportunity. Fun meetings, lots of different employment contests. I won alot of prizes working there, lots of fun!!
Good
Fitting Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 25, 2019
Jcpennys was a great work place, it was a good environment. Easy job once you understand everything you are responsible for. One manager was a consistent problem for multiple people, the issue was taken care of.
Its poor management proformance and high theft cost high employee loss along with very low pay at 9$ hourly
Woman retail sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2019
The managers at grand canyon are sweet and pleasant to work with but has absolutely no communication skills. I had a husband of 26yrs sudden die due to health issues and they fired me. No care no proper procedure on power line leave due to the death say i was job abandonment that was falsely accusation but im able to be rehired .the 9$hr. pay is a joke on their behalf and high theif is so ridiculous at the grand canyon location. Will not go back if they paid me double. No care no support not even counselor for my death and all i had was top reviews from customers everyday .
Great enviroment and fast pace.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJuly 21, 2019
Associates were to get as many credit application in order to receive an extra 2.00 dollar for every customer approved. which made it harder to receive extra earning for your work.
Pros
Low wages for the cost of living
Cons
Fun enviroment to work
This company's employees need to know better dress code. The co workers need to come on time. Not enough cashiers. All fitting rooms should be open
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 18, 2019
Not enough teamwork. Lack of staff. Lack of communication. Not enough hours. Working late. Not enough security guards. All Fitting rooms should be in use not just only one being open. All recovery should learn how to do cashier incase of short of staff.
Pros
There's no pros
Cons
Lack of communication
Good
Fitting Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJuly 17, 2019
A typical day at work was pretty normal not too busy and not to slow. Everyday I learned a new skill that can help improve my customer service. Management was always helpful and willing to listen to any questions I had. Workplace was great Co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job probably dealing with Angry customers about prices and expired sales. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping a customer out and hearing about their experience

56.5K