JCPenney Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Found 625 reviews matching the search See all 21,445 reviews
Great Discounts
Sales and Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2019
It’s an okay job for people with not much of a financial responsibly. Schedule was ok but I did not like the mandatory closing shifts and the long holiday hours. At the time, my management team was awesome until everyone was laid off which then caused the store to flop. I believe this occurred company wide and most of my colleagues then left the company as well.
Very bad Management, no training for employee
Recovery / Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 10, 2019
Don't work for this company, when you have problem in your job, nobody can come and help you. You are always alone . You don't have enough
training for your position , but the management expecting that you have to do anything.
Good work place
Men's Sales Floor associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 6, 2019
J.C. Penny is a good work place! The work here is fast paced and very customer service oriented. I worked at J. C. Penny's several years ago as a Men Sales Floor associate which was a good experience.
Worse place to work at.
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLNovember 3, 2019
No respect for the employees. Management so poor. Racism and discrimination everywhere. They have good discounts for the employees but that’s it. Nothing else. It’s a waste of time. I don’t know if every one of them is like that but I can talk for the one at Wellington.
Not the Greatest
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 31, 2019
I really loved the people I worked with at JCPenney. I met a lot of my best friends in this work place, but I would not recommend this to a friend for a job. The hours were bad, and the shifts were short but felt like forever. I loved it at first, but the management got so bad to where no one wanted to even come into work with a happy face.
My review
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIOctober 25, 2019
I liked working at JCPenny for almost a year and a half. I made so many new friends. My co-workers were really nice, and very friendly. We all got along, and I had no troubles with any of them.
a good job to have
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 23, 2019
Very good job, i learned how to stay on task and manage everything in my department smoothly. I enjoyed talking to many customers and seeing smiles on their faces.
Poor management
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, MDOctober 23, 2019
Manager does not care for her employees, speaks ill about associates, very confrontational, shows favouritism towards certain employees, unbalanced/fair hours. Demeans associates infront of customers, curses on the sales floor. Cuts your time if you request off.
Just really poor management.
Pros
Great work team (associates) & discount
Cons
Nobenefits for regular associates. They make sure you only get 20-30 hrs, sometimes less.
Poor Management
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAOctober 22, 2019
After me being there for 3 years new managers came in and got rid of associates and brought in new ones from their old stores I got wrongfully terminated.
it was 1992
Retail sales associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILOctober 22, 2019
Associates in men's sportswear were not on commission at the time, although associates in some other departments were.

Worked both days every other weekend; averaged about 20-25 hours per week, which was considered full time.
Productive and busy workplace with constant customers
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSOctober 17, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed meeting different customers on a daily basis. The
workday started at 04:00 am and the doors opened at 08:00.

I learned the correct procedures for folding, stacking, organizing each
department and taking inventory.
Just another large corporation
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 13, 2019
Unfair pay, no accommodations for disabilities, stingy with hours. This is just another large company that doesn’t really care about its employees. They avoid making anyone full time to avoid giving benefits.
Not a very welcoming place
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MISeptember 29, 2019
I worked at JcPenney for 3 months and i did not like any second of it. The managers were all very rude. They kept you as late as they could once the store closed. I never received or was shown where i could see my paystub, overall terrible work place.
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, bad managers
Everyone was very helpful and nice.
Fitting Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 25, 2019
It was a nice first job to have. I had very nice supervisors and co-workers. I got accustomed to dealing with customers and answering questions effectively. It was busier during holidays of course.
Its a company for temporary employment not permanent employment.
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach FloridaSeptember 25, 2019
The company has changed drastically over the years. It was a company that took care of there employees but it is now a company that has lost focus of the associates which are what keeps the bussiness going as a whole.
I enjoy working there,they offer excellent discount to employees and rewards. Very good company to work for.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LASeptember 23, 2019
Very fast pace job, love working with people learning from others and getting the experience. I enjoy working there, they offer excellent discounts and rewards to employees.
Pros
Free lunches now and then on holidays and free incentive.
Cons
short breaks.
Fun and Friendly
Retail associate (Former Employee) –  Carson, CASeptember 18, 2019
The experience was fun and offered a lot of opportunities to move up. The coworkers were nice and friendly. They encouraged a positive attitude and trained us for excellent customer service.
I hated working here
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTSeptember 16, 2019
The management was horrible you always had a continually changing schedule. You could never get days off, you would ge called in and told you were placed on the schedule a few hours before your shift.
No hours work all hoildays
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 16, 2019
I got tired of working on thanksgiving not enough hours no good mangers rude coworkers gotta work all hoildays stay open later than the mall mangers don't no how to respect you very rude bad attitude
Pleasent for the most part
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oost-VlaanderenSeptember 12, 2019
pleasant for the most part , management isn't that great , very poor, no define structure , Me taking care of my customers because I am a peoples person.
Cons
short brakes

56.6K