JCPenney Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Found 591 reviews matching the search See all 20,470 reviews
This company's employees need to know better dress code. The co workers need to come on time. Not enough cashiers. All fitting rooms should be open
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 18, 2019
Not enough teamwork. Lack of staff. Lack of communication. Not enough hours. Working late. Not enough security guards. All Fitting rooms should be in use not just only one being open. All recovery should learn how to do cashier incase of short of staff.
Pros
There's no pros
Cons
Lack of communication
Good
Fitting Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJuly 17, 2019
A typical day at work was pretty normal not too busy and not to slow. Everyday I learned a new skill that can help improve my customer service. Management was always helpful and willing to listen to any questions I had. Workplace was great Co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job probably dealing with Angry customers about prices and expired sales. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping a customer out and hearing about their experience
hurry hurry hurry
Store Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 15, 2019
1st we start with clearance pricing at 5 am while waiting for the truck to get here then we unload truck and get ready to go to the mens store (we have 2 stores in our mall) we unpack and put ething out in storethen about 11 am we take a break 10 mins and off to the mens store and unpack and put away the mens store. then about 130 pm we may get lunch and then at 2pm we go home.yeah its crazy
Pros
we get free christmas pizza if we work christmas eve
Cons
sweltering stock room in summer
It's Eh
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 14, 2019
There's no proper training. They may teach you the basics but ultimately end up pairing you with a "buddy" (who's just another associate, not a manager) who has to teach you everything they know. Management tends to ignore you. They only like to pretend they have a good relationship with associates whenever corporate comes over. Associates are told day and night to push the credit card. If your numbers are low, you're accused of not doing your job. In actuality, no one wants the card.
Great company
Sales Associate - Retail (Current Employee) –  Spencer, IAJuly 3, 2019
I loveworking with my coworkets quickly felt like family no plans on leaving. I absolutely love my deepartment, theteammates, and overall feel of the store.
very pushy
Sales Associate/Fitting Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 28, 2019
my managers were extremely rude and pushy towards me getting credit card signups even though I did not work the register more than 3 customers a week.
Unfriendly, impersonal and petty work environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2019
I was only seasonal during the holidays. But, my department manager was a paranoid maniac and a blatant southern conservative who wanted her ethnic employees to "remember their places." My manager was controlling and usually angry about personal things that had nothing to to do with our jobs and would engage in departmental gossip with other managers on the floor. She made it almost impossible to work effectively and her attitude and lack of leadership diminished the department's sales and customer service.
Fun place but Horrible Hours
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 24, 2019
Was a fun place on first, got on seasonal, I was one of the best, they kept me and things went down from there to where I would only work one day one week and two or three the next, labor was always high apparently which forced me to get another job, worse part of the adult life.
Floor Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 23, 2019
This was a temp position I would of like to have more hours while I was working there. This was a great company to work for even though of it was a few short months
Positive atmosphere
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  100 S South County Center Way, St. Louis, MO 63129June 21, 2019
Day of work consisted of checking fitting rooms and running the cash register. I learned how to make a customer's visit satisfactory. The management was understanding.
Good workplace as an in-between for other jobs.
Operations/Sales Floor Recovery Associate (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORJune 21, 2019
I enjoyed working at JCPenney while I looked for other jobs, but due to the low pay and inconsistent hours, I will not likely work for them again. The environment set by management was positive, but there were obvious skill gaps in the management team that made the day more stressful than it needed to be.
productive and fun work place
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSJune 12, 2019
The managers are understanding and easy going, they work well with other jobs and schooling that you may have. The job is not hard or burdensome and the other associates are relaxed and easy going. Altogether the people work together to make JCPenney's a great place to work.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Short breaks
Sales and customer service
Retail Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIJune 6, 2019
Measure and fit customers with appropriate bras and answer questions. Assist customers with checking merchandise out. Stocking all shelves. Straightening of all shelves and merchandise.
Pros
Breaks, close to home
Poor working hours
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCJune 3, 2019
I am a student and working at this job i can barley make ends meet with what i get paid. I ave asked many times for more working hours but i have always been told i can not get due to budget,
Sales Person
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNJune 3, 2019
this was a part time job with full time hours while attending college after the US Navy. The management team was very accommodating and very helpful.
Very stressful and Competitive atmosphere.
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMay 31, 2019
The job was great at first for a summer job. But as time went on I got to find out that the staff is extremely competitive and not really fun to be around. Nobody working there really likes it. The work is draining and it's hard to focus when there are so many tasks to get done. Long story short, I wouldn't work here again even if I was offered more money.
Nice working place
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMay 29, 2019
Good company, good employees and managers. Very fast paced position very busy position during holidays and back to school it gets extremely busy and hectic but good to multitask.
good place to work if you donr need much money
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2019
Jcp started as a good company, low but fair pay and environment that quickly changed and collapsed.If a person can live off 12hrs a week .Expect to do 2 or 3 jobs .The only good things schedules and discount.
Pros
workers, schedules, discount
Cons
pay is low, hrs are lower than low, management, work overload
Very productive
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2019
I liked working there & I loved working with my fellow co-workers. If someone needed help we would help them right away. Customers would ask about our opinions on the things that they wanted to buy or thought about buying.
Not taking an opinion either way
Sales/Retail (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 23, 2019
It's an entry level retail job, everything you need to know about it you can find during the application process and in reading their mission statement.
Don't let questionable internet reviews shape everything you do.
The only way to know whether or not this is the job for you is to go look at their job listings, read what they have to say about the position and check it out for yourself.

56.4K