JCPenney Employee Reviews for Hair Stylist

Typical Hair Stylist
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVFebruary 9, 2018
The hair salon was well paced, great management and co-workers. Never a dull moment, every day was a great day while working here. I left with some great friends
Hairstylist
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 30, 2018
managment was not properly handled, pay was low, workers were rude, all they cared about was money and did not care about the costumers, it was hard working with people that did not care about there costumers.
good place to grow clientel
Hair stylist (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJanuary 25, 2018
It was a long time ago that I worked there, but it was a happy environment. good place to grow clients. I had a good manager that provided education and experience.
Pros
good place for insurance and client building
competitive, fun
Hair Designer (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 23, 2018
It was nice working as a stylist at JC Penny. I catered to a diverse clientele. I was able to learn as well as work. There were times it was fun and full of laughs, there were time it was stress, busy, and chaotic with people, but overall I enjoyed making other feel and look beautiful about themselves.
Pros
fun, worked at on pace, able to move about, working with people
Cons
standing on feet, stiff back
Fun and productive
Hairstylist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXJanuary 15, 2018
I enjoyed working in the salon, but when I decided to work out on the sales floor I really enjoyed talking to customers helping them pick out their clothes to purchase.
Pros
meeting and talking to different people and helping them.
Cons
report them when you saw them stealing
Just me
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAJanuary 4, 2018
Had a bad experience with the manager and employees sabotaging my work. And my customers were satisfied with my work but client weren't given to me . My schedule would be moved
I enjoy working for JCP
Salon Manager/Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILJanuary 3, 2018
Unfortunately, there is no room for advancement in my area and I am unable to relocate. If relocation was possible, I wouldn't be leaving. Jcp has amazing career opportunities for hair stylists.
Independent place to work.
Hair Designer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 21, 2017
Manager's have preference, that's for sure! feel rejected by some of my co-workers, because I'm not a loud person and/or a drama queen. In some way I feel discriminated. Not a well organized place in general, also need to replace manicure materials, everything it's too old! The only thing I like about this place is, that you get to choose your working days/hours and I feel independent performing my hair services, manager is not watching over you.
Pros
Get to choose your work schedule.
Cons
Manager and co-workers have preferences.
Fun
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSDecember 3, 2017
My first job right out of cosmetology school. I really enjoyed working with more experienced sytlists. They were great about offering advice on techniques and tips.
Too many chiefs
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VANovember 23, 2017
I enjoyed working there in the beginning until the company went through all those changes with appearance, pricing, employment, benefits, CEOs and store mangers. The employees neither the clients were happy.
Fast paced and very competitive
Master Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 21, 2017
I have worked for the JCPenny's salons for a number of years. It's an excellent place of employment. One of my main reasons for working there so long was the all the benefits that came with the job.
Pros
Benefits, 401K, insurance
Cons
highly competitive
i would recommend JCPenney to everyone
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Brea, CANovember 17, 2017
This is a great place to start your career and have health benefits that you would't get working for yourself / booth rent /. Fair pay. they pay you hourly or commission whichever is higher. great new manager. she's fair and is in the mix with everyone.
Okay place to work
HAIRSTYLIST (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILNovember 8, 2017
I enjoyed working with the other stylist they were very helpful and nice and the clientele are nice people they were very dedicated clientele. Not a good place to build clientele because you have to have a certain amount of people in order to keep your job. They like for you to have a certain model clientele in order to work at JCPenneys.
Fantastic company
Master hair designer (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 7, 2017
A very diverse and fair company to work for. Great benefits. Wonderful managers. Food provided on holidays add sometimes just because... Excellent discount.
Great Place to work
Hair Designer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCOctober 30, 2017
Lots of company events. Fun fast paced sales environment. Great benefits and discounts on merchandise. Good management, room for growth. Great place to work.
Great place to get started.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAOctober 27, 2017
I absolutely loved working here. I wish I could go back. I would definitely recommend others work here, especially if you were recently licensed. I definitely learned a lot.
great salon to get your foot in the business
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKOctober 27, 2017
This salon was overpriced, very few clientele, learned product knowledge and met some lovely clients, made many friends inside the salon and out on the JcPenny floor
Pros
educational tools, high end salon
Cons
alot of down time
Just no
HAIR STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 24, 2017
I loved Penneys for the atmosphere until a new manager came and ruined it. It was very slow and we didn't make much money. Sometimes hours were cut to save on productivity.
Pros
Discount
nice place to work
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 18, 2017
very cooperative in managing working hours, clean working environment, nice people to work with, easy access to highway, the easy of taking breaks and
Pros
discounts
Good place to work and obtain experinc.
HAIR STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAOctober 11, 2017
The diversity at JCPenney makes it a nice place to learn about different cultures. they provide on going education and they make everyone that wors there comfortable. they are willing to work with you and theyencocurrage self growth. Management can be hard to work with but they sometimes work with you.
Pros
Employee discounts.
Cons
Short breaks.

55.2K