JCPenney Employee Reviews for Hair Stylist

A competitive job filled with great and hardworking co workers.
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2018
I would recommend somebody with no experience come to JCPenny . JCP gives the basic knowledge and tools you need to succeed in life . They work great with your schooling schedule and also give paid training .
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Must be full time to get benefits
not a good palce to work
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAJuly 28, 2018
I would no go back to this employer, due to the work load and the schedule you do not make a lot of money and the benefits are note worth it unless you have been there 10 or more years.
very productive salon
Hair Stylist and Colorist (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJuly 25, 2018
I loved working at Jcpenney in Redlands. My manager was the best manager I have ever encountered. Everything I know about good customer service, I learned there. We all worked as a team. Like any job, not everything was perfect, but we worked very hard for our customers to have a great experience at the salon. What I loved about my job was, making my client feel beautiful with my love and skill of hair.
Pros
great associates
Cons
not enough clients
JC Penny is an excellent company has provided great status and stability.
Cosmetology-Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 20, 2018
I have been with this company for several years. It has excellent customer service and provide benefits to suit employees needs. This is a company who has many growth through out the company. This company is establish through out the US and employ many employees with benefits. I appreciate this company because of the growth. Employee and employment enhancement through a variety of educational programs. Customer service is a major priority. Customer Service is number on the chart. This company believe in giving their customer quality service from day to day. I feel very privileged to work for this company. My experience has grown in cosmetology service. I am ready to teach others to become excellent students in the beauty world and becoming excellent customer service enhancing and motivating others. This company has been one of my biggest motivator in the work field, this company is recommendable.
Pros
Excellent customer service.
Cons
lLimited to certain jobs skills
productivity
Hair stylist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 16, 2018
that was a great experience for me the staff was great i have a wonderful manager she understand us an always be there for us when we need her we were like family .
Good coworkers
Hair stylist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 10, 2018
Every one that worked there was extremely friendly and willing to help any one out regardless of how busy they may have been. It was nice being able to go to work and see the other employees smiling everyday.
Salon Family
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 16, 2018
Even though there are quite a few of stylists at the salon, everyone considers each other as part of the team. We work as a team and help each other out when needed. The front desk operates amazingly and appointments are given fairly. The hardest part i would say is being aggressive in retail. There is additional education if desired. Management always tries to have contests which changes things up. The people i work with are great and everyone gets along. You really feel like a team.
Great environment
Hair Designer (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMay 15, 2018
a typical day at work was wonderful everyone was so welcoming and warm, our team was like a family, everyone helped everyone so no one failed.
I learned new things everyday weather it was through a class or my fellow co-workers.
Management was awesome she was always there to help or to walk you through things and to show new techniques.
The salon was always clean and sanatized, we all cleaned up after ourselves and others, the clients were very nice and were also like family.
The hardest part of the job was the counsltation getting to know your client and their needs.
the most enjoyable part of the job was to feel that feeling that your client was happy and excited.
Pros
Discounted items, lunch breaks, classes to further our education
Cons
Benifits
Needs improvement
Hair stylist (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHMay 15, 2018
When I started I was working 35 hours, and I had vision and dental insurance available. I was promised PTO and paid holidays. My hours were cut down to 24 hours a week which made me unavailable to benefits. I also never received my PTO or paid vacation even though I reached the requirements (which was 30 hours for PTO) Walk in traffic isn’t the best.
Pros
Discount, love my coworkers
Cons
Benefits, pay, management
Salon
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 12, 2018
I worked in the salon. set prices were low. have to be able to build your ticket. Tips were. Good place to start for 1st time stylist. good discount. Good products in the salon.
Good
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 8, 2018
Decent place to work. Pay and schedule flexibility could be better along with not having to wear black and white clothing while working in the salon. Overall not bad.
Pros
The managers stood behind their employees if there were issues with customers.
Cut throat and catty.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WAApril 16, 2018
I was totally miserable working here. Employees were very passive aggressive and rude. Manager is a child and doesnt know how to talk to employees. Absolutely dreaded coming to work.
Pros
Discounts
Cosmetology
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 16, 2018
Work Place face paced environment when business is flowing. A lot of on the job training to keep up with trend. Management was good and flexible. Learned to pass my self in the work place.
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  shaping, CNApril 13, 2018
it was a good job, gave me a lot of experience in the work field. It was the first serious job i've ever had and i would'nt change the experience for anything.
Hair Life
Designer Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXApril 6, 2018
all things hair, cash handling, customer service. I love what I do. Everyday is different. I get to meet and talk to new people everyday. I want to do more
Wonderful hair salon!
Cosmetologist/Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILApril 1, 2018
One of the few salons that offered benefits. Offered incentives as well for productivity. Worked here until my second child was born, then took a job closer to home
Productive and fun workplace
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 28, 2018
I liked working at J C penny because I loved doing new peoples hair and meeting their new personalities. I would recommend the hair salon at j c Penny to anyone looking for a fresh start.
good place to work
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMarch 16, 2018
I worked as a hairstylist in the salon for almost 2 years. then I came back after being let go as seasonal help during holidays for 2 years. It was a good place to work.
Pros
free lunches
good work environment
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMarch 13, 2018
Provide your own tools. minimum wage or commission. biweekly pay.
six months after start date to start making commission or you will get written up and fired after 3 write ups. you must promote yourself.
Pros
good work environment and education and discount
Cons
low pay. not a lot of clients unless your established
jcp salon
Hair Designer (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAMarch 5, 2018
I have been with the company for 5 years. I work with a great group of girls. the rest of the store is tolerable. the management is terrible. the best part of the store is the salon and they get no love!

55.7K