JCPenney Employee Reviews for Hair Stylist

Great environment
Hair Designer (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMay 15, 2018
a typical day at work was wonderful everyone was so welcoming and warm, our team was like a family, everyone helped everyone so no one failed.
I learned new things everyday weather it was through a class or my fellow co-workers.
Management was awesome she was always there to help or to walk you through things and to show new techniques.
The salon was always clean and sanatized, we all cleaned up after ourselves and others, the clients were very nice and were also like family.
The hardest part of the job was the counsltation getting to know your client and their needs.
the most enjoyable part of the job was to feel that feeling that your client was happy and excited.
Pros
Discounted items, lunch breaks, classes to further our education
Cons
Benifits
Needs improvement
Hair stylist (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHMay 15, 2018
When I started I was working 35 hours, and I had vision and dental insurance available. I was promised PTO and paid holidays. My hours were cut down to 24 hours a week which made me unavailable to benefits. I also never received my PTO or paid vacation even though I reached the requirements (which was 30 hours for PTO) Walk in traffic isn’t the best.
Pros
Discount, love my coworkers
Cons
Benefits, pay, management
Salon
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 12, 2018
I worked in the salon. set prices were low. have to be able to build your ticket. Tips were. Good place to start for 1st time stylist. good discount. Good products in the salon.
Good
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 8, 2018
Decent place to work. Pay and schedule flexibility could be better along with not having to wear black and white clothing while working in the salon. Overall not bad.
Pros
The managers stood behind their employees if there were issues with customers.
Cut throat and catty.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WAApril 16, 2018
I was totally miserable working here. Employees were very passive aggressive and rude. Manager is a child and doesnt know how to talk to employees. Absolutely dreaded coming to work.
Pros
Discounts
Cosmetology
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 16, 2018
Work Place face paced environment when business is flowing. A lot of on the job training to keep up with trend. Management was good and flexible. Learned to pass my self in the work place.
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  shaping, CNApril 13, 2018
it was a good job, gave me a lot of experience in the work field. It was the first serious job i've ever had and i would'nt change the experience for anything.
Hair Life
Designer Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXApril 6, 2018
all things hair, cash handling, customer service. I love what I do. Everyday is different. I get to meet and talk to new people everyday. I want to do more
Wonderful hair salon!
Cosmetologist/Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILApril 1, 2018
One of the few salons that offered benefits. Offered incentives as well for productivity. Worked here until my second child was born, then took a job closer to home
Productive and fun workplace
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 28, 2018
I liked working at J C penny because I loved doing new peoples hair and meeting their new personalities. I would recommend the hair salon at j c Penny to anyone looking for a fresh start.

Want to know more about JCPenney?

Ask a question
good place to work
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMarch 16, 2018
I worked as a hairstylist in the salon for almost 2 years. then I came back after being let go as seasonal help during holidays for 2 years. It was a good place to work.
Pros
free lunches
good work environment
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMarch 13, 2018
Provide your own tools. minimum wage or commission. biweekly pay.
six months after start date to start making commission or you will get written up and fired after 3 write ups. you must promote yourself.
Pros
good work environment and education and discount
Cons
low pay. not a lot of clients unless your established
jcp salon
Hair Designer (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAMarch 5, 2018
I have been with the company for 5 years. I work with a great group of girls. the rest of the store is tolerable. the management is terrible. the best part of the store is the salon and they get no love!
Good salon to grow your business
Hair Designer (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIFebruary 27, 2018
This salon is a good starter salon for a new stylist trying to build their clientele. JCP is a company that is closing stores however and the salon doesn't seem to be as high of importance as the retail side.
Very Stressful
hair stylist (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCFebruary 15, 2018
I've only been there a few months and i've had multiple store managers. Every day a policy is changed. And its annoying. I hate working there. There are no advancements in the salon
Typical Hair Stylist
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVFebruary 9, 2018
The hair salon was well paced, great management and co-workers. Never a dull moment, every day was a great day while working here. I left with some great friends
I enjoyed working with all the store associates and customers
Associate Hair stylist (Former Employee) –  Alma, MIFebruary 7, 2018
I enjoyed working with everyone and I really enjoyed putting outfits together for the customers. The thing I didn't like is sometimes the customers were in a bad mood and took it out on you.
Too slow
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  BevertonJanuary 31, 2018
As hair salons go,... this location was very quiet. thee were some veterans there but kostly new employees without the job knowledge required to excell..
Hairstylist
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 30, 2018
managment was not properly handled, pay was low, workers were rude, all they cared about was money and did not care about the costumers, it was hard working with people that did not care about there costumers.
good place to grow clientel
Hair stylist (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJanuary 25, 2018
It was a long time ago that I worked there, but it was a happy environment. good place to grow clients. I had a good manager that provided education and experience.
Pros
good place for insurance and client building

55.5K