JCPenney Employee Reviews for Hair Stylist

Productive and great benifits
Stylist and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 10, 2017
Love working at Jcp. Great benifits and fit with my life style. Help work around my parents so I could take care of them. Gave me chance to improve my abilities with on going education. !!!!!

Wanted to retire there but got a chance to relocate to a warmer state!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Benefits
Cons
Poor health coverage
Fun
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSDecember 3, 2017
My first job right out of cosmetology school. I really enjoyed working with more experienced sytlists. They were great about offering advice on techniques and tips.
Too many chiefs
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VANovember 23, 2017
I enjoyed working there in the beginning until the company went through all those changes with appearance, pricing, employment, benefits, CEOs and store mangers. The employees neither the clients were happy.
Fast paced and very competitive
Master Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 21, 2017
I have worked for the JCPenny's salons for a number of years. It's an excellent place of employment. One of my main reasons for working there so long was the all the benefits that came with the job.
Pros
Benefits, 401K, insurance
Cons
highly competitive
Poor management, lack of professionalism
Master Stylist (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCNovember 19, 2017
This was a very stressful environment, and lacked professionalism , no real room for advancement . Did not take the time to explore the endless possibilities of becoming a leading salon in the area, and the management was very poor and absent often
Pros
Great products
Cons
Lack of professionalism, poor management, dated with current trends, and poorly dressed staff
i would recommend JCPenney to everyone
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Brea, CANovember 17, 2017
This is a great place to start your career and have health benefits that you would't get working for yourself / booth rent /. Fair pay. they pay you hourly or commission whichever is higher. great new manager. she's fair and is in the mix with everyone.
Motivated/Fun Atmosphere
Senior Stylist (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYNovember 15, 2017
There is motivation for employees to achieve goals. They have a slogan to get your Penny's worth that is basically about taking care of the customer and going above and beyond with customer service. There is a fun atmosphere with prize incentives for the employee to do their job and raise the bar with their goals and expectations. JC Penney promotes education amongst their stylists and keeps them attending regular training to keep up with the most innovative styles and techniques.
Excellent Work Environment
Senior Stylist (Current Employee) –  Olean, NYNovember 9, 2017
JCPenney is an excellent place to work. Friendly and helpful coworkers, generous discount program among other great benefits if you are full time. I love my job at JCP.

If you are a stylist you cannot beat working for JCP. You have a clean, modern work environment. I don't know many other salons that provide the continuing education that JCP Salon does. It is amazing. AND you get paid while you are in these training classes. You will learn all the latest trends plus lots of little extras our educators share with you. You also get discounts on great styling tools, your employee discount is very generous, they have contests regularly where you can win huge bags of product, trips etc. As a stylist there is nowhere I'd rather work. I've tried other salons and booth rental and nothing tops it.
Okay place to work
HAIRSTYLIST (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILNovember 8, 2017
I enjoyed working with the other stylist they were very helpful and nice and the clientele are nice people they were very dedicated clientele. Not a good place to build clientele because you have to have a certain amount of people in order to keep your job. They like for you to have a certain model clientele in order to work at JCPenneys.
Fantastic company
Master hair designer (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 7, 2017
A very diverse and fair company to work for. Great benefits. Wonderful managers. Food provided on holidays add sometimes just because... Excellent discount.
not bad but a little slow
Master stylist (Former Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILNovember 6, 2017
It is a little slow getting started in the salon.There are tools in place to do good at JCPenney salon, but you have to work at building a clientele. They do run ads to get people through the door.you get an hourly base pay with the chance to make more via commission.
Pros
the ability to make more than your base pay, 401k
Cons
black out for holidays
a typical day at jcpennys salon
Salon Stylist (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDNovember 5, 2017
I would come in around 9:45 am. Next, check my schedule of clients for the day.Then set up my salon appliances and products in which I will use for the day, and greet my fellow co workers.Once my client arrives I will engage in meaningful conversation to make them feel more comfortable and learn about their desired service and proceed to execute it. The hardest part about my day is to make sure every customer is satisfied even when their attitude isn't welcoming. The most enjoyable part about my job is turning their frown upside down and having them leave feeling more confident about themselves with their new hairstyle.
Great Place to work
Hair Designer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCOctober 30, 2017
Lots of company events. Fun fast paced sales environment. Great benefits and discounts on merchandise. Good management, room for growth. Great place to work.
Big salon
Designer Stylist (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAOctober 28, 2017
I loved working here and only left due to how I was being treated by a particular employee. Otherwise, the work environment was great and it was a very fun place to work.
Great place to get started.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAOctober 27, 2017
I absolutely loved working here. I wish I could go back. I would definitely recommend others work here, especially if you were recently licensed. I definitely learned a lot.
great salon to get your foot in the business
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKOctober 27, 2017
This salon was overpriced, very few clientele, learned product knowledge and met some lovely clients, made many friends inside the salon and out on the JcPenny floor
Pros
educational tools, high end salon
Cons
alot of down time
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILOctober 26, 2017
I loved working at JCPenney salon they had excellent prices really good discounts my manager was awesome I liked working with the girls I enjoyed the products that we had available
Pros
Free sample products
Cons
Lots of girls
Just no
HAIR STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 24, 2017
I loved Penneys for the atmosphere until a new manager came and ruined it. It was very slow and we didn't make much money. Sometimes hours were cut to save on productivity.
Pros
Discount
Poor management
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAOctober 20, 2017
The work environment was negative and I was promised many advancements that I did not receive. The management was very unprofessional and did not care about the stylists.
nice place to work
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 18, 2017
very cooperative in managing working hours, clean working environment, nice people to work with, easy access to highway, the easy of taking breaks and
Pros
discounts