JCPenney Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 2,952 reviews matching the search See all 21,243 reviews
Struggling Retailer
Customer Service and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 16, 2019
JCPenney can't decide what to sell or who the target market is. They are constantly adding new products at a great expense and then deciding it was a mistake and removing them. This is most evident with their Martha Stewart line as well as big ticket items such as furniture and appliances. They have been through many CEOs and none of them has been able to stabilize JCP. They are constantly hounding you for not getting enough credit applications. It is like working in a pressure cooker. Much stress.
Great place to get a start
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 15, 2019
Overall, it is a nice place to get a start or return to work after a long absence from working outside the home. The environment is friendly with some competition thrown in. The associates vie for credit applications because they get paid a bonus for them as well as a chance to win gifts/prizes.
Pros
Fun environment if you like retail
Cons
Mandatory working on Thankgiving and/or dealing with rude customers
Always flexible and helpful
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNOctober 13, 2019
Everything was fine. I really enjoyed working in different departments with other employees or management. I have friends who I recommended who still work there.
The experience was rewading
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gateway mallOctober 10, 2019
I loved working there because of the rewards that you got as an employee.The pay is biweekly but they gave great incentives.The employess were trained well and the schedule was amazing. Some of the manager's were veey nice and understaing.
Estrés constante
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Nogales, AZOctober 10, 2019
Ambiente de estrés, no importa que realices bien tu trabajo solo importa que coloques tarjetas de crédito existe favoritismo muy feo ambiente entre los compañeros nadie se respeta. No hay oportunidad de crecimiento al menos que te la lleves bien con algún manejador no importa que hagas bien tu trabajo importa que sepas decir a todo que si aunque sepas que no es correcto
Environment of workplace.
Ohio- Customer Service Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHOctober 5, 2019
Interaction with co-workers and management staff are excellent, Open door policy for concerns, suggestions, typical day is faced paced and customer service very high standards. Enjoy the interaction with customers asking for my opinions regarding style of clothing for certain occasion's they are going to.
The hardest part of jobs is when others don't accept responsibilities they are given.
Pros
Monthly potlucks, Dress down day( jeans sports team apparel holiday dress).
Cons
Benefit packages.
Poor store leadeership and low pay
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXOctober 3, 2019
Not worth the pay. Leadership does not care about employees or their families. General manager is worst than a jail warden. I would advise to stay away from the Killeen, TX store. No asset protection and always at risk of assault by shoplifters and boosters.
Inclusive workplace
Servicio al cliente (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PROctober 1, 2019
Very dynamic. You will always have a task to fill, it's fats pace. The other employees are very helpful and management is very pro-employee. You have to want to grow.
Great part-time position!
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 26, 2019
As JcPenney being my first retail job, I thoroughly enjoyed it! I think what made it especially enjoyable was management. I had a great store manager who was very hands on. I am a people person so getting to interact with different customers on a regular was great. You build a relationship with your customers as well as your fellow employees. If it hadn't been for us having our store shut down, I'd still probably be working there.
Retail
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLSeptember 25, 2019
My experience of working as a cashier and customer support was awesome . I met a lot of people working at this company. I was all around employee at this store.
Not a career position; not a fun position
Sales/Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOSeptember 24, 2019
It's pretty mindless work. The business isn't doing well and they constantly try to get you to sell credit cards which is no fun. The pay is low and turnover is high.
Loss preventio to customer and Associate accidents (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNSeptember 24, 2019
None .. Sucked. Unorgan8.. Employees were theives. I don't
Care to talk about it............. .................... That's it................ Leave me alone ........
You don't want the truth.. Im Not changing my mind
fast paced
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GASeptember 23, 2019
helping customers find what they need and accomplishing it is great feeling. Having customer service skills is a plus. Must have patience and be knowledgeable of store
Very well dressed
Customer Service Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 23, 2019
I would recommend working for JC Penny because they are very well organized and customer care company. Be alert and plan ahead . Excellent place to advance show patience.
Fun place enjoyable staff and immediate recognition for a job well done
Sales customer service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 22, 2019
I worked in a lot of different departments and found the floor supervisors really helpful and friendly. The store I worked in has a good team that works well together and is very supportive of their staff.
Mucha presión
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 21, 2019
Mucha presión y responsabilidad para lo q pagan. Los supervisores y superiores no tienen ningun tipo d empatia con sus empleados. No aprecian tu trabajo. Hay un ambiente laboral super pesado. No volvere a trabajar para esta compañía. Lo único bueno es el descuento de empleado y q son flexibles con el horario.
Great staff
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYSeptember 21, 2019
My gm was the best person you could have working up top . Customers and employees were always put first . They understood and took care of things if your child got sick among other things about daily life . always got help if you asked
Fun and energetic work place.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 21, 2019
Great company to work for. My manager was always very interactive and helpful. The store always held fun events and company parties. Fun customer appreciation events as well.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no healthcare for part time
retail.good.fun.busy
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Spanaway, WASeptember 19, 2019
I liked working here casue you are constantly doing something . it is hard work keeping up with everyone esepeically during the busy seasons but you will never run out of work
fun workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 18, 2019
always have good days at work enjoying with customer and meeting new people. restocking items getting big deals and sign ready for the busy days. helping customer when they needed

56.6K