JCPenney Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Chill place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMay 21, 2018
Chill environment with possibility of advancement. great place to work with easy policys to follow. Working in the catalog department was a nice change from working retail on the sales floor. A lot of multitasking while assisting customers and Answering phones
Very enjoyable and the workers make it better.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYMay 20, 2018
JC Penny was a very enjoyable job and the workers were very friendly and easy to work with. Everyone is nice and that makes the job better. Management wants to see you succeed and it was a great experience.
Pros
Friendly workers, easy learning curve
Cons
Pay, no benefits, hours vary, inconsistent schedule
Great Place to work lots of positive energy
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, ARMay 19, 2018
Friendly Co workers all ready to help when needed. Management fair and friendly. loved working in the clean less stressed enviorment. hated to leave because i was moving to a different state.
Pros
co workers and customers were great
Cons
needed more hours
Fun and a no stress place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 17, 2018
JcPenny was one of the best places I have worked at. It was very fine and had very nice co-workers working with me. It was in between slow and fast paced environments depending on the days.
I wouldn't advise it....
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARMay 17, 2018
I really would advise anyone over the age 24 to work at JCPenneys. The hours are very inconsistent. You don't get raises on a consistent basis. There's not a fair chance at advancement either. I see that as a job for young people or people trying to earn extra money.
Poor Management Drains Employees
Retail Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 17, 2018
Don't expect much support from management, especially when dealing with an angry customer. They're much more likely to give in to the customer's demands in order to keep them as a customer than to follow corporate guidelines.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Minimal support from Management
not good
Customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Greendale, WIMay 16, 2018
It was my first job. I worked many many hours and quit after a month. The work conditions were terrible and hours were insane. Highly suggest no one to apply here.
JC Penney
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 16, 2018
I just worked here seasonally and we were always busy. The men's department is where I ended up and I enjoyed it the pace was a bit slower and I actually enjoyed the work. It was tedious at times but still a good place to work overall at least if they let you stay after the holidays
Pros
Easy
Cons
Hard to get more hours
Don't even bother
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR 97086May 15, 2018
Your bothered every single hour to get a credit card application but none of the managers could bother to get one themselves. They seem to hire anything that breaths, so if your terrible with no talent don't worry jcpenny will hire you in a heart beat. Expectations are wayyy to high for a company going out of business. Be prepared people and them begging you for a discount and to make your day a living nightmare. It's a great high school job, but not a career. It's a dead end job, and has no growth improvement do not recommend for someone with prior retail experience.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the store
I use to love my job, now I hate walking into the building
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ukiah, CAMay 14, 2018
I good boss is key to a good job! I work in the Men's Department and do very well with sales. But I learned that if you change a department and like it they will take it away.
Pros
Love the company
Cons
bad boss bad vibes
Loved it!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 14, 2018
One of the best jobs i have ever had in my life. The management team is truly amazing. I would have stayed if it was not a seasonal position. I have always thought about applying again.
It was fine.
Retail and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOMay 14, 2018
I only worked there for a summer. The pay was minimum wage, but the managers and the coworkers were nice. I worked in the home department, but that also meant i had to work the customer service desk. I didn't expect that, but I learned some valuable lessons.
Experiencing JC Penney
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCMay 14, 2018
JC Penney was my first job growing up. This company granted me the opportunity to receive exposure in customer service. I learned all of my skills in customer service while training at JC Penney. The stores location was conveniently close to home, being that I was young and did not drive. My manager at the time was very helpful, and I still keep in contact with her today. I thank JC Penney for allowing me to see what customer service truly is and giving me the basics to the skills I have now.
Ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 14, 2018
They werent very nice and all the managers did was talk bad about the customers including my family. They were just hateful and rude people in general.
cashiering
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAMay 13, 2018
I mostly rung up customers and helped get things they needed that were not on the store floor. I also cleaned the fitting rooms and the clothing area.
Pros
snacks
Cons
card quota
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 10, 2018
The General Manager at Boise Towne Square is AWFUL. Do not expect to get a pay raise! I never received one in 3 years and was considered management...
Pros
Set Schedule
Cons
General Manager
first job out of highschool
Customer Service Sales (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAMay 10, 2018
this was my first job in high school, every time i visit it seems to be the same kind of employees. young people trying to make minimum wage, its an okay place to work but dont expect to start a life by working here
The people
Customer service in solution-driven environment (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 9, 2018
For a part-time job, whether going through a life change, attending school or just needing an extra job, the people are absolutely wonderful to work with. They will help you work out your schedule within your needs and management is always positive.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
It is a part-time job that will help, but is not going to sustain a household income.
productive and great place to work, staff is very friendly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMay 9, 2018
I enjoyed working at JC Penney and would recommend anyone who would like to work there. You gain a lot of customer service experience and meet many different people.
Definitely a fun place to work. Nice co-workers and managers.
CSR/Mattresses & Window Covering (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMay 9, 2018
I've been with JcPenney's for about 6 years and I have learned a lot from every position I had within the store. I've worked in almost every department and I had a great opportunity to improve my customer service skills. I will always enjoy working there. Mostly because of the environment and the people.
Pros
all
Cons
n/a

55.5K