JCPenney Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 2,825 reviews matching the search See all 18,597 reviews
Fun and professional work place.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Redding, CANovember 13, 2018
Working at JCPennys I ran the cash registers, I made displays for clothing. I did a lot of different tasks assigned to me. I was also promoted to the shoe department where I was able to earn commission. It was a great place to work.
First public job
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOSCIATE (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCNovember 12, 2018
JC penny has great clothes, as well as, awesome low prices. JC Penny's was great to their employees. As a high student at the time of employment they did not once fail to recognize my outstanding customer service!
Alright for a first job
Sales/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 12, 2018
Coming out of high school this isn't a bad place for a first job. However the pay and the hours are consistent with most retail jobs and management would much rather replace worker than keep them.
The place is not bad as a general sales company it has a lot to offer. However the way they operate does not allow for almost anyone to be full time.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 11, 2018
This is a place that works out if you are a student and need a part time job and don’t have work experience. You will be payed minimum wage no benefits or vacations. In fact they will even not give you payed sick days. You will be scheduled 5hrs and have to take a 30 min break so basically you only get paid 4.30hrs which is a waste of 30 mins if you ask anybody. Management is the biggest issue. They are not very good at following what is set for them as a guide of availability. All in all I stayed there for a while mostly cause the discount is good !
Productive.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 10, 2018
Friendly co-workers, flexible schedule and knowledgeable workers.
We all work well together and as a team to make sure store is cleaned up before we leave.
Pros
Flexible schedules.
Cons
Not enough breaks
Working at JCPenney was a great job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 9, 2018
Using a workstation, received incoming calls regarding orders online that had some type of problem. Working with patience and listening to customer, worked on resolution in timely manner.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
sometimes late night
Loved getting discounts and feeling important at my job!!
Customer Service/Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, MNNovember 9, 2018
I had great people to work with, I would hit my goals often, I wanted full time but nothing was ever open. I got pregnant and ended up not being able to be on my feet so I had to go to a office job again.
my job is different than most
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 8, 2018
my job is not very hard just time consuming
The people i work with are very nice.
The customers are very nice too.
The management seems to listen to the associates attentively and tries to have an open door policy.
Good 1st Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 6, 2018
Good job to keep while in school. I had the job while going to school in the morning and I was able to get full time hours for working in the night. I also was able to move up in roles.
ventas
Servicio al Cliente (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoNovember 5, 2018
Buena Compañia trabajaba en el montaje de la tienda luego en diferentes departamentos fue un part time pero lamentablemente de muy pocas horas a la semana por lo que me ofrecieron mas horas de trabajo en otro lugar y renuncie.
Pros
una empesa reconocida y con oportunidades de crecimiento
Cons
muy pocas horas de trabajo
custmer service
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 2, 2018
I counted money. cashier, customer service.,, retail . I customer service, Willing to straighten clothes. Willing to do exact what the manager asked to do extra work. Helping customer finding they what they wanted..
Pros
Helping customers and counted money
Cons
customer service, helping customer find what they are looking for. Helped customer find match to outfits
Fun place to work with a bright and competitive environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSNovember 1, 2018
It's retail, so the pay is no good for a person with moderate to heavy responsibilities unless of course you're in management. But If it's a side job or if you don't have many responsibilities, JCP offers a fun and friendly place to occupy your time.
Pros
Positive atmosphere
Cons
Low pay
Great
Merch. Assistant and Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYOctober 31, 2018
This was a part time job that I worked at while trying to buy my house. It was a good second job and allowed me to accomplish the things I needed. I enjoyed working here.
Great team work
Customer service Associate (Former Employee) –  Maple grove MinnesotaOctober 30, 2018
Goal oriented, motivational, friendly team environment. opportunities to learned new skills. career advancement, encourages innovation, and buy new ideas.
Pros
Great discount, careers related jobs
Cons
Scheduling inconsistency
Customer service
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAOctober 30, 2018
A good company to work for part time we were able to assist the customer with the item needed. We help the customer with home appliances and other items needed.
jewelry dept
product expert I, Customer Service of Fine Jewelry (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCOctober 30, 2018
jcp policy are great when manager does order of operation correctly. the company as a whole is great company to for but when your great in one your one department they don't want to advance you.
it was retail
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIOctober 29, 2018
The pay was minimal and hours were shuffled as to give nobody enough to qualify for full time benefits. the requirement and the push to sell credit card apps was the most atrocious part of the job. still feels slimy and underhanded.
Boring but if you want a quick buck. Apply.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 29, 2018
Job is boring at times, not enough hours and job schedules change too much. They've called me a couple times just to tell me I don't have to work and I actually want to work so their hours are not good, plus they make you stay after without overtime.
The best place to work
RETAIL/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 28, 2018
It was the best experience working with my crew in the home department. The whole team was always fun to work with especially early morning shifts when we were all there. Overall the whole company was fun.
Pros
raise, promotions, discounts
Team based store
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXOctober 24, 2018
The store was very fast paced and fun because it was very competitive and structured. Majority of the people are friendly and try to teach you what you did wrong.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Pay

55.9K