JCPenney Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Fun and enjoyable
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 16, 2018
Typical day - check in , assist customer or whatever your position requires
Learned - what management positions require, how different departments play a role in the overall functions of the store
Workplace culture -warm and inviting to the customer
Hardest part of the job - none
Most enjoyable part of the job - getting to know the customers and meet their needs
Good Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOFebruary 15, 2018
I loved working here and the people that I worked with. I got pregnant and needed more for my baby. LendNation offered benefits and better wages so I started there. Definitely missed my coworkers though.
Pros
Loved the job, customers, coworkers.
Cons
No benefits and lousy pay.
JC Penney was a great place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COFebruary 13, 2018
I enjoyed my employment at Penney's store. The management was excellent as was my fellow employees. I was at the hub of the store and was in charge of the main change drawer. There was a continue of customers around and very pleasant
benefits
Busy, busy, busy. Worked in many departments. Closing is hard.
Part time Seasonal Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 13, 2018
Poor management. Management lack skills and discipline needed to successfully create a respectful working relationship between management and employee. Many times missed breaks. Training was terrible - self training through modules within a limited time frame. Company does not learn anything from the many reviews posted online. Unprofessional attitudes of management.
Pros
Job for holidays
Cons
Poor management. Having to review this company
Day at Jcpenny
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 13, 2018
The overall day at work at JcPenney would be exciting .Everyday you would learn something new that you didn't know the day before things always changing within the company
Pros
work life balance days, Vto
Cons
short breaks, No free food
Very Fast Paced
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 12, 2018
Working there was very stressful fast paced and uncertain. But overall I enjoyed interacting with the public meeting new people and helping customers find and purchase what they were looking for. The only negative was the pressure of getting customers to open credit accounts.
Productive and fun place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSFebruary 11, 2018
Dealing with public by meeting different people. I enjoyed helping customer with purchases. Ask customer to apply for a credit card especially when they get approve. It makes me so happy to see smile on their face when they saved money.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Hours varies
Usual retail environment
Customer Service/Merchandise Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNFebruary 7, 2018
Usual workday 4-7 hours, start at 5am.
Truck days are Mondays, Wednesday and/or Thursdays.
Signing days can range from 1-4 days a week, depending on marketing.

Managers will work with your schedule if you have a second job.
Pros
tiered 25% associate discount, sephora
Cons
ocassional decrease in hours throughout year, can be some favoritism by management, internal promotion opportunities aren't known to other associates in store.
Motivated to provide customer satisfaction and contribute to company success.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 7, 2018
Productive, Answer customer telephone calls regarding services packages, customer concerns and payments.

Consistently improve customer satisfaction.
Cons
short breaks
excellent place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHFebruary 7, 2018
excellent training. management very down to earth. weekly activities to build staff moral and exciting goals to meet with prizes like blue jean Friday.
JCPenney Review
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAFebruary 6, 2018
In my employment with Jcpenenny I received an enourmous amount of training and praise from both employees and managers. Hours were extremely flexible and the employee discount was spectacular. The only con to being employed by JCPenney was that there was almost no room for advancent.
Pros
Flexible hours, terrific employee discount
Cons
No room for advancement
lovely place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 4, 2018
a typical day at work would be ring up customer at the register and work on the sales floor. i would learn different ways to work in the sales business . great management
Pros
sometimes free lunch
Cons
no cons
Productive Fun Place To Wprk
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 3, 2018
Great Place To Work! I enjoy the sincere appreciation I receive from not only my boss, but also the people I work with. A heartfelt “thanks” goes a long way to improving my attitude and productivity.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Shory Breaks
Enjoy customers and co workers
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Austintown, OHFebruary 3, 2018
This job is harder than people think. It also offers a lot of rewards. It allows you to build relationships with your customers. I have made a lot of friends there and enjoy helping others.
Pros
fun with customers and coworkers
Cons
no benefits
fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 2, 2018
Retail experience and working with public are some of my favorite things. Enjoyed working with my supervisor on store projects. Worked in specific position that required more extensive training.
Pros
public
Cons
changed to commission
Great place for work experience
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLFebruary 1, 2018
The job was typical customer service work. Managing register, maintaining sales floor, cleaning and helping customers. The salary was low for the work expected.
Really not a desirable job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTFebruary 1, 2018
Just use it for an entry level job then leave. terrible management and policies.they will look to ire an associate for anything and even created false charges to fire associates. terrible products and overall would not recommend to a friends unless hey just want their first job.
Pros
easy to get hired
Cons
everything
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAFebruary 1, 2018
JCPenney was a great first retail job that gave me the tools i needed to be successful. Everyday was something new and i never stopped learning there.
a work day
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 1, 2018
• Duties include, greeting customers upon their arrival to the store, maintaining that our work environment is neat and effective enough for shoppers to shop.
• Help in assisting customers with credit card and cash purchases, as well as online purchases.
• Opening and closing consist of checking the register to make sure that our balance is correct, as well as making sure everything is well stocked up and neat for our customers to shop.
Enthusiastic staff
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 1, 2018
I started as a seasonal employee during black Friday and thanks to the experienced/friendly staff trained me well and I picked up quickly and got hired on as a part time associate. The pay was fair for the customer interaction work and the amount of duties assigned each day. Good communication from management to the sales associates on promotions and sales. My most favorite was the discounts given to employees. Not much room for growth and development.
Pros
Great consumer benefits
Cons
Not much pay, small room for growth

55.2K