JCPenney Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

retail
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  1441 tamiami trail port charlotte fl 33948December 11, 2017
the store was clean except for the air vents which would spew dust on the clothing i mostly worked unloading trucks and getting merchandise to the floor as in most retail the employee is not considered in any way.
engaging with and serving different people
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 9, 2017
being a customer service representative entails on to listen and be attentive . I've learned patience while working with people of different personalities.
Pros
customer engagement
Cons
unprofessionalism by managers and supervisors
Great
M.A Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 7, 2017
Good pay , you learn alot bout the job before you start , you learn things you never knew bout this job who started it , why , and penneys saving and how to approach women to make a sell
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long distance to walk on break
It was a great job
"Customer Service Rep." (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 7, 2017
I enjoy my job i work in different department of the store. I learn some new things. The only thing was the hardest dealing with the customers. Its was a easy job.
Fun, easy going, great management
CUSTOMER SERVICE ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 6, 2017
Management cares for your well being and always makes sure your are doing okay. They take your side and the culture of people is amazing. Everyone works well together.
Not the best place if you want good management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lenexa ksDecember 6, 2017
Management vary childish if you tell them a mouth ahead about a doctors appointment or anything really they will get up set about it. The rules say that if you give them 2 weeks in advance it should be fine but they still get upset with you
Fast paced
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 4, 2017
Its a good temporary job. It used to be a great workplace until everything changed with new management. Meaning, everything was completely changed around and as a part time employee you have no benefits.
Enjoyable staff
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 1, 2017
i processed accounts payable and receivable. I provided quality customer service. The manangment was amazing. I made wonderful relationships there. And we worked together to reach goals for our department as well as a company as whole.
workplace culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INNovember 28, 2017
Very competitive with contests for selling the most credit apps and jewelry care plans. You were competing against other team members. Made you strive to accomplish more since you were in a competitive environment
Pros
customers and learning experience
Cons
pay
productive fun
Sales Associate, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oxford, AL 36203November 28, 2017
very nice friendly environment. seasonal job but became full time. Easy fast pace all co workers get along very organized. employees were like family.
Pros
easy
Cons
pay
Poor management and low compensation for amount of work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 28, 2017
I worked here as my first job when I turned 16, and it was ok, but I feel the compensation should have been higher for the amount of work they required. I also feel the management was quite absent in things they should have taken care of. Based on my experience I would not recommend working here, but things may have changed, and my experience probably doesn't reflect the way all other JCPenny stores operate.
Pros
nice employees
Cons
low pay, long hours, bad management
Did not like it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NY 13820November 28, 2017
Did not like management. They think they can do whatever they want with you. No consideration for family life. Only remained at the job because there was nothing else available at the time.
Pros
I had a job
Cons
Variable hours. You never knew when to schedule appointments for your family
Morning modivational speeches, management where nice and helpful, credit card sales included candy as a reward.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARNovember 26, 2017
I enjoyed working there it was a good way to get experience dealing with unhappy customers. Very balanced, very fast paced at time and slower at others!
Pros
Free coffee, good management
Cons
Not enough hours
This was my first job and a great starter job
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 25, 2017
This is a great job for a teenager and getting to know what the word responsibility really means. Handling money, seeing exactly the actions you do has equal or opposite reactions and teaches you exactly what customer service really means all with a smile on your face.
Pros
Great job as a teenager
Cons
Hard to advance
Nice
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INNovember 25, 2017
Fun place go work at if you like retail. I enjoyed the fast pace unlike others. Very friendly co workers and really good management. I would work there again if possible.
Good place to work. Recognition given
customer service sales mens suits (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNNovember 22, 2017
Good place to work. Incentives and job reconigition is given. Lots of interaction with customers and employees. My supervisor skills are being used. I get many cutomer service reviews that are excellent. Once a month employees are given variety of food in break rooms. Special days of year are recognized and celebrated. Awards are given to high performers.
Pros
Special times monthly food supplied
Cons
Sometimes not enough workers to do a good job
Great Place to work but low pay
Customer Service Specialist/ Jewelry Department (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCNovember 20, 2017
A typical day is welcoming the customers into the store offering assistance, respecting their time, thanking them for their purchase and making sure to help them to get their penneys worth. I've learned how to appreciate each customer, plus working in the jewelry department how to understand each piece of jewelry and what might be a great match for the customer.The culture there is very different but the employees work together as a team and become like family. The hardest part is trying to meet your sales goals when customers would rather order on line than buy in the store. The most enjoyable part is having happy wonderful customers that become your friends.
Pros
low pay
Cons
Was a pretty stressful job.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MONovember 20, 2017
Management was all over the place. When you needed help, no one was ever found. Corners were cut all the time, things were unorganized and associates were treated unfairly for the most part. Favorites were picked all the time.
Positive work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Selma, CANovember 16, 2017
JC Penney is a good workplace for people with family or school obligations. It is a fun place to work. There is so much to learn about the apparel industry.
Pros
Flexible schedule, good discount.
Cons
No full time employemnt for regular employees.
decent
Costumer Service (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 16, 2017
I like it its a cool safe place to work at and you get awesome discounts. and you get payed more for holidays so im really looking forward to that. Its a good job.