JCPenney Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 759 reviews matching the search See all 21,445 reviews
good work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, CONovember 13, 2019
If you are in school JCP is a great place to work. They have a good team and a store manager who cares. They will do there best to make sure you feel at home.
Management is terrible
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 12, 2019
Loved the interaction with co workers made work flow easy, would hardly get scheduled and other co workers had the same problem, management is terrible !
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 9, 2019
It was a great place to learn from and grow as an employee. Very thankful for all the new skills i have acquired through the years of working at JCPenny.
management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXNovember 5, 2019
Management was horrible. Anytime you would call for assistances no one would show up for at least 10-20 minutes. Customers were getting angry with me because of a purchase I couldn't handle myself.
productive fun place to work insurance is available
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 5, 2019
love this place and environment very laid back and organize easy job and you can double discount. its a retirement job you can be a regular associate and get insurance they feed you during holidays
Horrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TX 78501November 4, 2019
Worst place to work! No hours and little pay for all the hard work and stress they put you through. I was belittled by manager and their favorite workers.
Overall ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 3, 2019
JcPenny was ok it was not the best experience but definitely one to start with to get your feet wet very faso paste job a lot of assistance if you need it it’s was for the most part well organized
jcpenny in review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZOctober 30, 2019
Jcpenney was always a delight. Working thanksgiving day, cleaning little kids throw up.... ultimately good just some bad management running the store.
Fast paced - favoritism with certain managers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAOctober 29, 2019
The place wasn't bad when I worked there 20% of the time. You grow connections with customers and treat them like they are "worth" it. Half of management including the Cashier Assistant Lead, was a total drama queen bigot, mind you a HE! If you are not his favorite, then he will try every move to make your life miserable working there. I busted my tail there all the time and I was treated like a waste. It was a pain just to ask for hours. If you don't get credit apps, they don't give you hours. But they will give you hours if someone is always calling off, and keep that employee who calls off.. It was ridiculous drama there all the time. There is no appreciation for employees there. You get a credit app, great, thats $2 in your next paycheck. But an hour later into the shift, they frown upon you if you don't get more or meet the goal from company expectations. Hours to a hard working employee is not a factor apparently.
My Work At J.C.Penney
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEOctober 29, 2019
It Was A Great Experience Workers Were Great And Working As A Cashier And Stocker Was A Great Experience. EveryDay At Work Was A Great Day To Work And I Will Be Happy To Comeback Again And Work There
Easygoing and enjoyable place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 29, 2019
JCPenneys was a fun place to work. Everyone was nice there and the managers were good. I would recommend JCPenney if you are looking for a slow and enjoyable job
Pros
25% off
Cons
Bad scheduling
slow pace
Associate - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 28, 2019
The morning shifts were fairly slow on weekdays. We were able to finish recovering the store. We were able to switch roles on the sale floor when it was needed.
Everyday work at Jcpenny
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIOctober 26, 2019
It was a good job very nice people always happy & energetic I loved it we are all like family at Jcpenny so no one is left behind a typical day there is like going to your next family but leaving home from your other
Would be a first job
JCPenny cashier (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNOctober 23, 2019
I wouldn’t recommend working here unless you are very into retails as a job but it has very low pay, low staff, a lot of customers stealing stuff from the store and run out. Managers are very poor On their roles especially when it comes to having errors on the computer managers take their sweet time coming down to the lower level.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Low income
Not my favorite job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 22, 2019
They pick favorites and the manager cut my hours from 25-5 hours. Some Managers/ supervisors were rude af. Working this job has showed me I deserve better and to stay in school
jcpenny
Cashier Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 22, 2019
I enjoyed working at jcpennys, management was great. If I needed anytime off they where more then happy to give it to me. we had weekly meetings to talk about sales and what sales were going on so everyone was on the same page. it was an overall great experience.
Pros
discount
Cons
rude customers
Regular Retail Position
cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 22, 2019
This job was pretty run of the mill as far as department store jobs go. Nothing too different or special. I enjoyed working here.

Management was okay. They worked with you as long as you communicated often.
Very culturally Di-versed and Energetic
Cashier/ Associate (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZOctober 21, 2019
With a clientele base that consists of so many different cultures gives the amazing ability to learn a lot about people in general and how to handle certain situations such as a customer who speaks a different language or trying to understand what is being said. It tends to get busy too so you learn to work quicker and more efficiently in a smaller space which also builds on being organized.
Fun
Cashier / Recovery (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLOctober 20, 2019
I enjoy my co-workers and supervisor's company , i also enjoy leaning new things about retail at JcPenny . The only problem is the low amount of hours i receive .
Pros
good treatment
Cons
low hours
Fun to work during the holidays
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHOctober 17, 2019
The manager loves Christmas and started playing the Christmas playlist on November 1st. So, unless you're not a fan of Christmas music, it is a fun place to work, even with a Christmas spirit week with different themed days to wear ugly sweaters and even a pajama day.
Pros
Hour Break
Cons
Work on almost every holiday

56.6K