JCPenney Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 809 reviews matching the search See all 21,978 reviews
Fav job ever
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJanuary 15, 2020
This job was so fun and flexible. This was the easiest job ever and there are so many people that work there so you’re bound to find someone you click with that will help work go by super quick.
Customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJanuary 14, 2020
Welcoming customers, answering their questions, helping them locate items, and providing advice or recommendations. Operating scanners, scales, cash registers, and other electronics
Excellent temp work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 13, 2020
I worked there as a seasonal employee. Amazing work environment. Almost always someone to help you. The management was always so wonderful. I would recommend working there.
Stressfully at times.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Duval County, FLJanuary 12, 2020
Helping customer's find what they are looking for with a great attitude is what's important first. when not helping customer's, recover around the store helping make a great store.
JCPenney’s
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJanuary 12, 2020
Very respectful coworkers love the energy to everyone and very organized. They also make sure that if you don’t feel comfortable then you don’t have to do it.
I loved working at jcoennys it was one of my favorite jobs!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJanuary 12, 2020
Interacting with different customers wasine of my favorite things I loved about working at Jcpennys. One thing I really didn't like about working there was that we really didn't get busy until around the holidays. It's a great job just not fast enough for me .
Great work environment!
Temp Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 11, 2020
Your managers and coworkers will always be there to help you push through, no matter what is going on. You will always feel like you’re in good hands.
great job overall
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Alpena, MI 49707January 10, 2020
JCPenney's is a good starting job. The company is very team oriented which makes working there easy because the environment is nice. In my particular JCP store it was nearly impossible to advance even with a bachelor's degree. The hardest part of the job is simply feeling as though you will be stuck in the same position no matter how great you perform.
Good company to work for
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJanuary 9, 2020
My location is great to work at. Can not speak for every store. But its a pleasure to come to work every shift. Hours are flexible with ok benefits. You will like it
Unorganized
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJanuary 9, 2020
Power happy. Unorganized. Very few hours given per week. Schedule errors.. Having to clean up all day instead of working as a cashier. Chaos disorder and just not a good location. I do not reccomend this location.
Good place to work if just gaining retail experience.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJanuary 9, 2020
The Pennies I worked at was terrible. I couldn't get approved for day requesting off, managers only care if you get them credit cards and even then they still treat you bad.
the truth
canandaigue- recovery/cashier (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJanuary 7, 2020
I personally think that JCPenny does favoritism to certain people they give don't you and chance to learn or improve on your skills. so of the manger are helpful the other ones don't do anything but yell and complain
Good team work helping each other in need
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 7, 2020
Payment is quite low for me to sustain me. While going to collage and working in a low wage is not enough for me to pay fee. Also I am a certified Nursing assistant, I am going to school for Nursing. I am trying to find a job that is helpful for my career.
Fun work life
Cashier (Former Employee) –  1075 N Bridge StJanuary 4, 2020
Fun work-life with great co-workers. Management is fun and engaging. Very inclusive work life. The most enjoyable part of work is meeting new people every day.
Fun place. Sense of belonging.
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 3, 2020
Nice place to work at. Very flexible with hours. Supervisors will encourage you to do better, the manager not so much. Stay away from her. Other than that everything is great.
Unfortunately
Woman’s cashier (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 2, 2020
I’m sad to say that in my seasonal time working with JCPenney Clearwater I felt overlooked. Not only did I have 2 days of hands on training I was not told multiple procedures. (1) being a important part of closing registers (2) being how to request change the correct way. I was grab by the wrist and pulled back by a follow cashier and was told I need to listen to her go over how to sell credit cards, as I walked two feet in front of her to help a customer
Its okay.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Durham, NC 27713December 31, 2019
Don't forget to ask every customer if they would like to apply for a JCP card. The time will go by fast. And it's alright to take a 15 minute break. There are rushes especially after 5pm but closing is the most relieving time. Getting to know the locations in the store and the overall styles if each brands allow you to assist customers in their shopping efficiently.
An Easy Job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 29, 2019
Pretty easy but very credit based if you are not selling credit you are not gonna last long. They drive credit and sales that's the most important thing there
do you really need it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIDecember 28, 2019
It was fine at first then when I had to pick up my nephew and watch him on days with no school and the like. I got extra hours that I couldn't do but needed the money. My sister still doesn't know that some days I had my friends watch him. I was so stressed that my hair was falling out and I kept getting sick. I couldn't take it anymore and quit right after I got a new job.

Do not take this job if you don't need the money.
Cool
JCPenney cashier (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 28, 2019
They put heavy emphasis on icaps (credit card applications) and move down based on how many you get in a day (they have daily goals) but the people are so friendly
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
No training due to timing

56.8K