JCPenney Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 727 reviews matching the search See all 20,995 reviews
JCPennys
Jewelry/cashier (Former Employee) –  Willmar, MNSeptember 17, 2019
There was a lot of miscommunication, non communication, everyone had their own ideas, everyone wanted the " rules" followed but some didn't follow them themselves, lots of favoring of one culture of people. I felt set up to fall a lot! I heard I don't care from several employees. I enjoyed some of the people I worked with! They were super good to me when my brother died them a month later my mother died.
Fun work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WASeptember 15, 2019
Management interactions were always positive, which made working for the company easy!
The hardest part of the job was attempting to sell the credit line to customers while cashiering and the lines were long.
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale, MDSeptember 15, 2019
Co-Workers are friendly and management was very good. It was easy to work as a team because everyone had the same goal to get the job done. Very relaxed working environment.
Terrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 15, 2019
literally hated working here. schedule you 3-4 hour shifts a day or two a week and very inflexible with hours. expect you to come in when your puling your guts out.
Cons
Awesome people to work with.
JCPenney Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 15, 2019
The mangers are excellent and associates.They have great team work. When you need help you can count on someone to assist you.If you can not make it to work they’re very understanding?
Don’t work at JCPenney as a Temp.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 14, 2019
If your a temp they will not tell you when they’re gonna let you go they just stop giving you days and never talk to you again. I had to ask my manager why I had no days about 5 times until he answered, I had lots of sales but I guess that wasn’t good enough. Also they always talk about having a diverse environment but all the black temps were let go and they kept everyone else.
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 11, 2019
Fairly easy but keeping the store straight is a major thing. Also, if a cashier they expect you to get customers to sign up for credit cards. That is a very big thing.
A very fun and welcoming environment!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOSeptember 11, 2019
JCPenney, from my experience was my favorite job although the lack of communication really showed. I never got to submit my availability nor even view when I was scheduled due to a manager never fixing my account.
fast paced and interesting
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 8, 2019
This can be a difficult job if you are bad with confrontation. There will be customers who are difficult and abrasive. There should always be a senior member there to help you though.
Bad Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILSeptember 8, 2019
The management is really bad. JCPenney did not schedule enough people, so it was always understaffed in every department. You had to do all the work for little pay.
They could use work on involving more employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOSeptember 4, 2019
JCPenney would benefit from incentives and fun activities with coworkers. I think this is a good first job for the younger crowd to learn basic customer service skills.
Flexible hours
Retail Cashier (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CASeptember 4, 2019
Flexible hours, good environment. Easy going. One of the easiest jobs I've ever had. But if you want a full time job then this is not the place for you. They only offer part time & minimum wage.
Cashier
Home/cashier (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 3, 2019
Cashier good place to work for good management very nice work environment nice and friendly co-workers learned more customer service skills. The one thing I had a problem with was I was seasonal and they said I should be able to be hired full time but then was let go through a email even though they emailed time while working that day
Pros
Good to work for
Cons
The hours where only part time
Didn’t pay minimum
CASHIER/ ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 3, 2019
The minimum wasn’t right and the work was too much specially for the people closing . There is too much to pick up from the floor and some people expect to get some items searched through the phone while having a long line.
Good Starter Job
Cashier Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 1, 2019
This place is a great place to get your feet wet and get a feel of what it's like working. However, my transfer made me not feel as great about working as what I used to feel. I was left completely in the dark about most of my information and how things would go, contacting the store is nearly impossible at times (even if you try all departments), and in general, the work gets repetitive. The staff there are very nice, however, and are a good team to work with.
Great second job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXSeptember 1, 2019
I loved working at JcPenny! The people were super friendly and the work was easy. I loved making credit apps and enjoyed working the busy holiday season. I think I was getting paid fair for retail but the only down flaw is the hours. On slow months like January some employees would get 0-10 hours. On the other hand that makes it a super flexible work place and a great second job!
Good!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Batavia, NYAugust 31, 2019
I really enjoyed working here. It was very smooth and easy paced. Was an excellent job. Management could’ve been better but it was overall a very good experience for me!
fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAAugust 22, 2019
very fun place to work it was a little unorganized and people in management should have taken responsiblity for some things but they didnt, but it was an alright experience.
Horrible Company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 20, 2019
Jcp doesn’t care about their associates!! The company will never make it, without any core values!! They treat their employees terribly. No job security, a lot of work for little pay.
Pros
Cons
Negative environment, inexperienced management
Always something to do
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAAugust 18, 2019
The most enjoyable part of working with this company is being able to help people find what they need on a daily basis, Meeting new people and seeing well known customers every other day. I also like that there is always something to do and always something new to learn.
Pros
works with your personal schedule
Cons
not enough hours

56.5K